[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea ture/2016-03-22/intervie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17
File: 5c4.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
5c4.gif
2 MB, 410x230
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-03-22/interview-inio-asano/.100079

>But Japanese readers are acquiring more simplified tastes, they don't like difficult stories.
>they don't like difficult stories

What went wrong with those nips?
>>
sex isn't deep, deal with it already asano
>>
You don't have time for difficult stories if you work or study 18 hours a day
>>
>Nips would rather have another "MC is the worst student at the magic academy but is actually overpowered"-harem than an actually well written and deep story.

It's sad.
>>
>>138959592
make "deep stories" then, because they generally just end up being pretentious shit
>>
If Neon Genesis Evangelion would air today, would it still sell so much or would it sell less than the latest generic harem with dense MC?
>>
>Simple stories appeal to wider audience
>Harder / more complex things appeal to narrow audience
It's always been like this everywhere any time in the world
>>
Depends what you mean by complicated story, because most of the time, that's what anime struggles from having, because they're so convoluted and require a variety of supplementary material to get a firm grasp of it.
>>
The economical stagnation has fucked Japan beyond repair
>>
>>138959339
Well more like modern culture is just sick of sex and sexuality at this point. This shit has been going on for decades, if writers want to make something thought provoking then they should come up with new ideas. Not just FUCKING SEX DUDE LMAO.
>>
>>138959592
2/10

A story about how hard it is to be a starving artist isn't particularly deep and there are much more of them

>>138959168
>What went wrong with those nips?
Nothing. He blames his niche popularity and not being able to break into mainstream on peoples reading habits when the masses have always preferred genre fiction. This is how it's always been really. Guy's just being an asshat over it.

>>138959707
Hey man, you can't strawman harems like that anymore especially when its down to like 3 shows a season. The new thing is "moeshit" and SOL.

It'd still be lauded for being a deconstruction of the mecha genre but people won't be as easily able to pick up on its Devilman, Gundam etc. roots.
>>
>>138959592
And you're basing this on what sort of evidence? Looking at the top selling manga of the recent years, the premise doesn't fit any of them.
>>
File: 1451449553719.jpg (48 KB, 563x935) Image search: [Google]
1451449553719.jpg
48 KB, 563x935
How much can you expect when your main audience if bunch of jaded,reality escaping losers?
>>
>>138959913
I bet most people itt don't even know asano or any of his works, just spew your reddit tier opinions about a couple cherry picked sentences
>>
>>138959592
Correction, studios play it safe by adapting shitty LNs with this stupid premise, since it usually does okay.

Few of them ever break through.
>>
File: 1458531982055.jpg (98 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1458531982055.jpg
98 KB, 777x656
>>138959973
>Cant refute a post
>Yell reddit
>>
>>138959877
>Looking at the top selling manga of the recent years, the premise doesn't fit any of them.
snk?
>>
>>138960083
nice deflection newfag, I bet you never even read a single asano title but still go to bitch about an interview with him
>>
Isn't there another interview out there where he explained that he was making Dead Dead just cause he wanted something more easygoing? Like he himself doesn't want to write another difficult story. Either way his statement is obviously a generalization, not really something to take seriously.
>>
I thought this faggot had a gender change operation already.
>>
>>138960141
Me reading or not having read his titles are irrelevant. This thread is about nip taste or lack of thereof.
>>
>trusting ANN after they botched the last Asano interview's translation

Good one.
>>
Because most writers confuse difficult/complex with convoluted nonsense.

Just because you have dozens of parallel storyarcs it won't make a good story.
>>
>>138959339
Can you read? He hasn't said as much. Quite the opposite, that it's natural and simple and shouldn't be taboo. It's not like he is writing for a shonen magazine.
>>
>>138960237
no it isn't you redditard newfag, it's an interview with an author about his opinions, you just try to make it out to be a general statement by cherry picking a sentence without knowing a single shit about any of the context, how about you do a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>138960122
There is no magic academy or harem in SnK retard.
>>
>>138960282
>Just because you have dozens of parallel storyarcs it won't make a good story.
see, nolan?
>>
>>138959168
Pandering happened. Anime was always about making money, but it also used to be about telling a story. Now the stories are all pretty much the same
>>
>>138960311
>that it's natural and simple and shouldn't be taboo
oh what a new and thought provoking idea! oh wait a minute it's not fucking 1980 now, come up with a better idea and then complain about what readers like
>>
>>138959168
Shit workplace culture and an even shittier education system.
>>
>>138960324
>top selling manga of the recent years
>>
>>138960359
Who is claiming it is novel? The fact he still has to point it out and has difficulty getting that content out show it's still relevant today.
>>
>>138960359
I like his idea.
>>
File: 1407771746374.png (428 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1407771746374.png
428 KB, 720x540
>>138959168
>giving a shit about what Mr. Background-tracer thinks
>>
>>138960410
What's wrong with traced backgrounds?
They look good enough to me.
>>
>>138960402
no it isn't, if he wants more popularity than he had with some self insert series about sex then he should come up with innovative ideas or be a better writer, not blame the readers for not enjoying the same shit that has been churned out for decades now
>>138960407
yeah sure go and read his works and see how interesting it is, protip it usually comes down to sex some obscure fluff and then more sex
>>
>>138960410
His backgrounds are gorgeous though. Some of the most beautiful two page spreads I've ever seen.
>>
>>138960510
>go and read his works
I've read a good chunk of his works and I really liked most. The rest was poop, his stuff his fairly polarizing for me. I dunno what you mean by obscure fluff.
>>
>>138959168
The following is my opinion from having talked to a bunch of Japanese people and having lived there for 3 months last Summer.

Anime is being marketed towards an increasingly large market. This means that younger and younger viewers (middle schoolers) are driving market forces. It is no longer a niche market like it once was. You'll notice there aren't as many complex science fiction shows anymore in the States, either.

The average Japanese person watches anime to forget about daily life (they seek 癒し). This has caused a paradigm shift in the type of shows being created. This can also be reflected in the large explosion of idol groups over the last 10 years.
>>
>>138960370
What the fuck are you even implying?
>>
>>138960600
>The following is my opinion from having talked to a bunch of Japanese people and having lived there for 3 months last Summer.

>Proceeds to says what 2 others have already said
>>
>>138960556
>dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy
some of his stuff is decent but his ideas burn out pretty quickly, mostly because yeah he's basing a lot of it on personal experience and that can only take you so far as a writer, especially when a lot of it is about sex, which is like beating a dead horse at this day and age
so yeah, he's just a mediocre writer with a short spectrum, blaming the readers for not sucking his dick is just being a bitch
>>
>>138960600
>This can also be reflected in the large explosion of idol groups over the last 10 years.
Cmon the AKBs are extremely niche compared to the Morning musume of the 90's, the onyanko club, Matsuda Seiko of 80's. Even for the male counterparts SMAP was like the last real big johnny's.
>>
>>138960696
I was referring to the large number of idol groups. Including local idols and other bs to a degree that has never been seen before.

>>138960664
I apologize for expressing my opinion on a chinese cartoon board.
>>
>>138960410
>>138960500
>>138960522
I love his backgrounds too, but some feel that tracing is cheating. What these people forget is that a mangaka is, above all, a storyteller, not just an illustrator. So, it doesnt matter if he traces or not, what matters is if he uses it in favor of a good story and atmosphere.
>>
>muh grimderp
>muh sex and sluts cucking cucks makes my story DEEP

Fuck off hack.
>>
>>138960337
The story is an obstacle for moe
>>
>>138960510
>for not enjoying the same shit that has been churned out for decades now
Go on, list all the successful Japanese writers, or mangaka that put out similar works in the past decades. His claim the public and editor want everything separated in specific boxes is valid.
>>
>>138959168
You are making it a big deal out of context.
>But Japanese readers are acquiring more simplified tastes, they don't like difficult stories. Your work has to be eye-catching. If that means drawing characters with attractive designs, even moe designs, so people will be encouraged to read the manga, I don't mind doing it to avoid immediate rejection.
I think is pretty clear he is not making a dark omen.
>>
>>138960833
You first, /r9k/
>>
>>138960689
I disagree, I thought his ideas in the ones I like (Punpun, Wonderful World, Solanin) were concise and delivered pretty well. Punpun is the longest one by a mile and it's got a big breadth of content, nothing ever overstayed its welcome for me. I think drawing from personal experience actually adds a lot to his stuff (relatability was key to a lot of my enjoyment of his stuff), and I see no problem talking about sex. I think he's a great writer, certainly improved a lot over time in my opinion. I agree that he's being a bitch though.

>>138960778
That kind of traditionalist "art should only be done the CORRECT way" thing is pretty silly to me. Like, I "get" it but I think it's stupid. If it's good it's good. People would be praising it out the ass if it were somehow revealed that they had been crafted completely by hand.
>>
>>138960775
>I was referring to the large number of idol groups. Including local idols and other bs to a degree that has never been seen before.
That's because idols were formerly only able to be produced by record companies and other big shots in the media. But because of the internet now anybody can do it and get an audience (in a way AKB was among the first with this).

Idols have been a huge thing in Japan since at least the 70's, in fact the idol "golden age" in Japan is the 80's according to the japanese wikipedia article about it.
>>
>>138960976
Yeah, and if there wasn't a market for it, it wouldn't be growing as much as it currently is now.

I don't understand what you're arguing here. Are you trying to say there's a completely different reason why idols are so popular in Japan? If anything, you're agreeing with me.

Idols = mainstream.
Anime is now mainstream, so you're seeing similar themes to appeal to the same markets.
>>
あぁ外人様,我らの支配者よ!!

もう一度日本に原爆を落としてくれ!!
>>
>>138959168
>implying this hack's Disney-tier pedo fantasies are any more sophisticated
>>
>>138959168
eventualy anime will be become like western cartoons. teen titans go and shit shows like that
>>
>>138960926
you're seriously trying to say that sexuality is a new and unexplored idea in modern media? holy fuck dude you're retarded
>>138960970
uhhh well that's just like your opinions man, I think he's just mediocre, and writing from personal experience just makes you an uncreative writer, or guess what, he would be more succesful, you can look at someone like nisio who wrote a fuckton with good variety, a lot of them often having more depth than asano's "guys and girls fucking", and his books fly off the shelves because yeah, he's actually a decent and creative writer
>>
>>138961128
>I don't understand what you're arguing here. Are you trying to say there's a completely different reason why idols are so popular in Japan? If anything, you're agreeing with me.
I'm saying that your idea that idols are becoming popular is wrong. It's doing the exact opposite development as anime. Idols used to be a mainstream thing but now it's a conglomerate of niche equivalent of youtube-celebrities in the west.

I still agree with your general idea but your example in this case isn't accurate.
>>
>>138960967
Hello tumblr.
>>
>>138960970
also joing in on that conversation, yeah tracing makes you a shitty mangaka as well
>>
>>138960261
>>trusting ANN after they botched the last Asano interview's translation
Context?
>>
>>138960261
>>trusting ANN after they botched the last Asano interview's translation
>Good one.

Do tell your correct translation of the interview.
>>
>>138959592
>Nips
You really think western audiences don't do the same sort of shit?
>>
>>138961186
Funny because I abhor Nisio. To each their own, right?

>>138961248
Why?
>>
あぁ外人様,我らの支配者よ!!

もう一度日本に原爆を落としてくれ!!
>>
>>138961204
I didn't say that they're "becoming popular". I said there's been a huge explosion of groups, implying how receptive the Japanese must be to the concepts idols represent. Anyway who speaks decent Japanese and has lived in Japan for a period would have heard of Onyanko Club, for example.

Anyway, you seem like a pretty cool guys, knows a lot about idols and don't afraid of anything.
>>
>>138961311
yeah, well your taste is just shit mate

there's nothing creative or artistic about it, if everyone did the same there'd be no point in drawing manga
>>
>>138961311
This is an old topic. Many people think that photography is a pleb art, that taking your own photos, editing them, drawing in them, and finally using them as backgrounds is not work.
>>
ああああたあ

アメリカ人よ

日本を占領していろいろしてくださったのは感謝しているけどさぁ…

なんで英語を公用語にしなかったの?

これだけは無能ここに極まれりって感じですよ

(´Д`)ハァ…マイナークソ言語しか扱えない劣等感半端ないっすわ…
>>
>wahhhh the Japanese don't like my shit!
How about this. Maybe people just like things because they are, you know, fun? Not everything has to be deep and shit. It's fucking anime.
>>
>>138961295
I would say that westerns have way better taste that nips.

The average western anime fan watch things like LoGH, Monster, Cowboy Bebop, OPM, Lain, Tatami Galaxy and Ergo Proxy.

What about nips? Those people seem to only watch utter garbage like K-ON, Monogatari, Yuru Yuri and Love Live.
>>
ああああたあ

アメリカ人よ

日本を占領していろいろしてくださったのは感謝しているけどさぁ…

なんで英語を公用語にしなかったの?

これだけは無能ここに極まれりって感じですよ

(´Д`)ハァ…マイナークソ言語しか扱えない劣等感半端ないっすわ…
ああああああああ
>>
>>138961461
deep series are fine, but he's a very one dimensional writer complaining because not everyone wants to praise him to the skies for it
>>
File: 1434307525362.jpg (29 KB, 652x457) Image search: [Google]
1434307525362.jpg
29 KB, 652x457
>>138961496
3/10
>>
>>138961496
You're an idiot.
>>
>>138961496
nice cherry picking, now go to reddit which represents 90% of the westerners
>>
>>138961496

日本人は基本的にゴミしか生み出さないぞ。
我らのご主人様である白人様がどうにかしてくれないとどうにもならないぞ
>>
>>138961512
そんなに英語話したいなら覚えればいいよバカ
日本語より何十倍簡単やし
>>
>>138961600
英語できんの?しゅごぉぉぉぉおぉぉおぉぉおおぉぉい

英語?難しいよ。うん。ああああああああ英語をしゃべれるようになりたいよぉぉぉおぉぉぉぉぉぉぉおぉおぉおぉぉぉぉぉおぉぉおぉ
>>
File: 454.png (216 KB, 504x529) Image search: [Google]
454.png
216 KB, 504x529
Deep anime are DEAD. You are never going to see another SEL. You're never gonna see another NGE. And you are certainly never going to see another Texhnolyze, that would be financial suicide.

Cookie cutter harem / school / moe is here to stay whether you like it or not. Japan used to be smarter than most of the world, but they have devolved into the same shit as everywhere else.
>>
>>138959168
I mean, /a/ is just as bad. Look at the shitstorm Erased generated.
>>
>>138961709
>And you are certainly never going to see another Texhnolyze
Thank God, that show was fucking garbage.
>>
>>138961186
>writing from personal experience just makes you an uncreative writer

You know absolutely nothing about writing. Stop posting, please. Every writer draws from personal experience whereas fully imagined creations usually end up being lifeless, pandering genre specific creations.
>>
>>138961767
You mean cuckrased
>>
外人様たち。落ち着いてくださいwwww

日本にもう一度原爆を落とすだけでいいのですwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>138961680
てかなんでここにいんの?
暇つぶしなのは分かるけど
ちゃんと日本語できてる人中々いないよ?
むしろできなさすぎていたい
>>
>>138959168
They turned into plebs with no taste.
>>
>>138961821
still creative writers are succesful and hacks like asano bitch about readers being stupid, golly jee, nice opinions faggot
>>
>>138961827
Case in point.
>>
>>138961496
Well, that's wrong to start, but I wasn't even talking about western anime fans (as shit as the western anime fans taste is)
>>
>>138961836
私は日本語が旨く扱えるwwwwww
>>
>>138959168
Most these "difficult" stories are convoluted nonsensical messes.
The quality of a story is not dictated by its complexity.
>>
>>138961865
Didn't even watch the show to be honest but just as the other guy said, grimderp and cucks doesn't make a show deep
>>
File: 1453170002862.png (199 KB, 483x476) Image search: [Google]
1453170002862.png
199 KB, 483x476
>>138959536
Spot on. Hence the popularity of 'heartwarming'
>girls doing cute things
shoes.
>>
>>138961709
>And you are certainly never going to see another Texhnolyze, that would be financial suicide.
>implying it wasn't the first time
It sold like 800 discs and there's some interview where ABe still hadn't gotten paid years later.
>>
>>138959168
What I like is how Asano has literally mentioned watching K-On as part of his motivation for making DDDDDDDD, and yet everyone's still taking this as some attack on school shows and moe.
>>
>>138961886
返事になってないよ?
なんかボロが出てきたね
>>
>>138961918
It would be spot on if Japs weren't inefficient as fuck and actually worked all these hours they spend at work.
>>
that just means you're not writing something interesting enough for people to analyze and interpret.
>>
>>138961955
We live in a time where people only like moe and are unable to read a short text about a topic they are going to discuss to death.
>>
>>138961919
And yet now it is considered one of the best anime ever made.

And I'm not sure how much SEL sold but I know for a fact it is quite popular. Same for NGE. Ergo Proxy is pretty popular too.
>>
>>138961986
なにがもってボロだというの?

あああああああああ

アメリカ様wwwww もう一度日本に天罰をwwwww

USA!USA!USA!USA
>>
>>138962048
>And yet now it is considered one of the best anime ever made.
by who? I thought it was garbage, ergo proxy was just as shit
>>
>>138962004
It's not just that but the work culture almost demands you stay for a specific amount of hours even if you're not actually doing anything. It's retarded.
>>
>>138960689
>so yeah, he's just a mediocre writer with a short spectrum, blaming the readers for not sucking his dick is just being a bitch
That's the opposite of what he's doing, though. Actually read the interview, he said that line when he was asked about the moe designs. He outright says he doesn't mind doing that if it lets him maintain interest from younger readers.
>>
>>138960948
This statement frankly disgusts me. It's why I stayed from Shin Sekai Yori for so long and only watched it several months ago - the faces were to too K-ONish.
>>
>>138962048
Haha, by fucking who? It's not even popular on that shithole MAL.

And don't even try to compare Eva's popularity to SEL and EP.
>>
>>138962048
That's not my point, I'm saying that Texhnolyze never had widespread popularity and success.

>Ergo Proxy is pretty popular too.
Not really, I remember Satou bitching about how anime was dead because his shitty show wasn't selling.
>>
>>138959168
So, he draws moe because it sells.

Anyway, good job ANN translating this months later.
>>
File: 1430163749214.png (250 KB, 955x644) Image search: [Google]
1430163749214.png
250 KB, 955x644
>>138961144
Get lost, like right now.
>>
>>138959168
>difficult stories
>asano
i used to like this guy too. damn
>>
>>138962083
And that's different than here how? I have employment hours, I'm here for them, and if there's not enough work to fill them for the day then I do it slowly.
>>
>>138962097
okay so it's pretty much just "please buy my manga I swear it's good!" you got me asano
>>
File: consider.png (91 KB, 712x412) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
91 KB, 712x412
I think some forget that Manga is a popular medium and while something deep or literary is nice. The majority of it is "ramen for the mind" and that's fine. It'd be boring if everybody liked the same thing.
>>
>>138961257

Asano made a joke about transgenders, ANN took it as "I'm having gender reassignment surgery!"
>>
>>138959877
konosuba comes to mind immediately
>MC is shut in who has below average stats and lowest job possible
>beats up on overpowered and overleveled enemies and has a harem of girls hanging off his dick
>>
>>138962208
英語をわかりませぇえぇぇぇぇぇぇぇん。

劣等感を爆発ですぅぅぅぅぅぅぅ。

あああああああ世界一英語ができない国ジャップwwwwwwwwwww

なぜ滅ばないwwwwwwwwwww

所詮中国韓国にボコボコにされる運命だぁぁぁぁぁぁぁぁ
>>
>>138962235
The stories I've heard from Japan are much more extreme. Of course, I could just be getting a shit sample, but the overall picture picture I get isn't pretty.
>>
File: no.jpg (231 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
231 KB, 1280x720
>>138961450
WILL YOU FUCK OFF ALREADY FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.
>>
>>138959168
Do you enjoy listening to 20 minutes of blahblahblah talking talking talking still shots if faces 2deep4u story? No you don't.
>>
>>138962083
>getting paid to stay in the office and pretend to be busy
>complaining
>>
File: 1446964432512.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446964432512.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
>>138962317
I do though. And it's a popular series, I don't see what's the problem.
>>
>>138962312
ああああああああああ。英語わ罵倒言葉が豊富wwwwwwwwwww

なぜジャップ語には馬頭言葉が少ないのかあああああああああ
劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感爆発劣等感
>>
>>138959168
It's a cultural problem, kind of. The Japanese go to work or school far too much, thus the risen popularity of light-hearted fair, such as SOL and moe. Life is so stressful for most people, that they need an outlet, and for many, that outlet is manga/anime.

That's not to say that every anime and manga fan in Japan feels the same, certainly. It's the same as most Western fans, too. Still, in Japan it is far more extreme due to cultural pressures from work, school, society and family.

I feel bad that "difficult" stories such as the one that Asano creates never catch on as much as they rightfully should, but when you're in a country that has an astronomical suicide rate amongst its youth... it really isn't terribly surprising that most teens/young adults would rather not read a story that is painfully (or even exaggeratedly) realistic in the portrayal of adolescence and how shitty life can be. Asano doesn't pull punches, and that may hurt lots of readers that are a bit more sensitive to such material (than Westerners, for example).
>>
>>138962134
>Shin Sekai Yori
I remember I dropped it after the gay kiss I enjoy homo stuff becuase it felt fucking forced.
>>
>>138962290
You're messing things up periodically.
It's "英語が分かりません".
You messed up "扱えう" earlier which was used in an odd way.
Also, it's なにをもって (以って).

But I'm glad you're having fun.
>>
>>138962386
>I didn't read the interview but decided to write a long ass retarded post about it
wew
>>
>>138962192
Next time you should do it yourself, smartass.
>>
>>138962270
This. Japan's modern literary canon is already made up of suicidal shit, they read comics when they want fun.
>>
>>138962329
You know, sitting on a chair the whole day seriously damages your back. Plus you have to interact with all those losers in your office. And there is the sick building syndrome.
>>
>>138962386
You know, Inio is talking about design, how his design has changed and he admitted he tried to make it look more moe so he can lure more readers. He stills is loyal to his narrative. And he is not the only one. Just google Archie comics, and see how they are pandering with a more "appealing" style.
>>
>>138962278
And it was fantastic.
>>
>>138962410
It made sense in the series. The kids get conditioned to have homosex in their adolescence=fewer pregnancies. Plus don't forget the bonobos.
>>
>>138962270
I think that happens in any medium. Is like people who think literature is only about Greeks, Sartre and so on. When literature as a business survives with bestsellers and mediocre stories.
>>
>>138962278
>whats a caricature
wew lad you sure are retarded
>>
>>138959168
>asano
Stopped reading right there.
>>
Japanese seem to confuse a story being complex with a story being good or entertaining. Valvrave had a fairly complex plot. It was still complete garbage.
>>
ああぁ日本人よ!!外人様は日本人の事は一番嫌いなんだぞwwwwwwwwwww

韓国人は美しい。中国人も美しい。

日本人はうつくしない。ああああああぁあぁあぁあぁぁぁぁぁぁぁぁぁあぁあぁああぁあ
何故ジャップは見にくてゴブリンの様なのかwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>138959168
More like nips can't write difficult stories without them being fucking retarded
>>
i like asano but this interview reads like he has his head really fucking deep inside his own ass.
>>
the problem is that otaku and you motherfuckers enjoy the regular harem of the season only, and when something different appears you dumb sons of bitches go all "this is so pretentious, the characters are not realistic" bla bla bla, anime fans are a bunch of fags.
>>
File: 1368253265331.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1368253265331.gif
109 KB, 209x193
>>138959168
a lot of the things he is saying here are just him trying to justify why the later parts of punpun weren't as well read/received.
he's blaming his audience and he doesn't want to accept the fact that punpun just didn't turn out that good.

>him and kengo hanazawa
>new wave of manga
interesting way to look at it i guess. i did think that when i read i am a hero for the first time. how this kind of polished looking manga wouldn't have been possible before.
>>
>>138961918
I didn't realize NEETs secretly worked 18 hours a day.
>>
>>138962418
thank you
>>
>>138962751
Reading manga all day is tiring.
>>
>>138962712
The problem is the harem of the season is the only thing that is even adapted. When was the last time there was an entirely original anime that wasn't either SoL moe stuff or complete and utter garbage?
>>
>>138962659
Not only Japs. You just see Harry Potter: "muh humble kid who's going to change the world... Oh, no, he was actually a chosen one with special parents and special destiny". That is an overused trope in any culture. The only one who was loyal to a humble character was Tolkien, Frodo didn't get a power-up neither found out he was related to elves or a special bloodline.
>>
File: 1430253839637.jpg (20 KB, 356x357) Image search: [Google]
1430253839637.jpg
20 KB, 356x357
>>138962659
Your trolling stops here.
>>
>What bothers me is the question of why you can't put sex scenes in a normal manga, since it's the most normal thing in the world.
Shoujo manga has a lot of sex scenes, Asano is a hack that only reads shounenshit confirmed.
>>
>>138962706
It really does. Maybe I'm just expecting an unnecessary degree of humility, but he does seem pretty full of himself.
>>
>>138960778
I've felt that the traced backgrounds give off the feeling that the stories take place in reality rather than in fiction.
>>
>>138962798
Harry Potter is literally a childrens series though.
>>
>>138962726
i hope it doesn't catches up, they're both shitty hacks that trace photos for backgrounds.

it's an insult for all the hardworking artist that draw their own backgrounds.
>>
>>138962479
>Dazai, killed himself
>Mishima, killed himself
>Kawabata, killed himself
>Soseki, his masterpiece involves suicide as a major motif

Their literature is fucked. I love it.
>>
>>138962619
>implying it's parody and not just pandering and reusing tropes
you really have a lot of faith in deen for some reason
even monogatari, that used to be self-aware about pandering and be somewhat of a self-parody is sinking into what it used to make fun of

just because some loli in the show got your dick all hard doesn't mean it isn't a rehash of tired tropes with a new coat of paint over it
>>
File: i.imgur.com_JtGfrcZ.jpg (3 MB, 672x6048) Image search: [Google]
i.imgur.com_JtGfrcZ.jpg
3 MB, 672x6048
じゃぁあぁああァァァァァァァァァァァァァァあああぁっっっっっっっップ
>>
>>138962864
Banana Yoshimoto is doing fine.
>>
>>138959168
> Everyone is talking about a new wave of manga authors lead by yourself and Kengo Hanazawa.
Is this actually the claim in circles I'm not part of, or is ANN just pushing some stupid narrative?
>>
>>138962769
>>138962879
np

I'd also suggest leaving /a/ and talking to actual Japanese people instead. No one can understand what you're posting anyway.

I come here about once every year just to see what's up, and I think it's about time to get the fuck out again.

It's been fun.
>>
>>138962932
ANN pushing a narrative
>>
Anime loves wallowing in its own shit. This isn't unique to the anime industry, but it's very pronounced. Cliches become so widespread, they become their own genres. Very rarely does anyone try anything new. Why bother? Just copy what's already popular.
>>
>>138962864
Akutagawa killed himself, too.
>>
>>138962904
I was thinking more about their 20th century authors. Half of the major figures committed suicide.
>>
>>138962954
Nihil novi sub sole
>>
>>138962939
Just report the autist. He should be learning the board etiquette the hard way.
>>
>>138962964
Almost forgot about him. I never really understood why (I just remember the phrase "bonyari shita fuan"), but I haven't really looked into his work or his life.
>>
>>138962932
If anyone's saying it, it's all ANN-tier people.
>>
>>138959168
They got good taste and made masterpieces like One Punch Man. I see no problem.
>>
>>138962712
I haven't watched a harem in years and I disagree with him.
>>
cuz people like anime that has cuck in them so that they can make the meme out of them
>>
>>138963197
Overdosed on ERASED much?
>>
>>138963237
no, even in gerserk guts got cucked

and everyone's praising it as a masterpiece

cucks everywhere, i tell you
>>
>>138959168
well..world change..accept it..when they tired of those harem boobies..maybe revert back to old one
>>
>>138963237
no sir.. i stopped taking those pills since ep 9
>>
>>138962932
>thirty- and forty-somethings published for over a decade
>new wave
Shit, got to read DGM and Reborn! to get in on that new wave of shounen everyone's talking about.
>>
File: Asano.jpg (663 KB, 1280x1281) Image search: [Google]
Asano.jpg
663 KB, 1280x1281
This faggot is judging my tastes?
>>
File: Zankyou no Terror.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
Zankyou no Terror.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>138959638
>because they generally just end up being pretentious shit

This. Most anime producers and LN/manga authors can no longer seem to make a "deep" story without it turning into overblown pretentious shit. Most of the time it's so laughably melodramatic that I can't even take it seriously. It's like they've never heard of subtlety.
>>
>>138963596
Michiko no Hatchin was the last one good thing Watanabe did. But I can't believe he really made Thank you for the Curry, is just really bad compared to his other works. Apollon was decent when you see the source.
>>
File: mamoru-oshii.jpg (24 KB, 450x307) Image search: [Google]
mamoru-oshii.jpg
24 KB, 450x307
why does he only want to make live movies now ?
>>
>>138963826
Why Sion Sono only makes manga adaptions?
>>
>>138959168
>>they don't like difficult stories

Neither does most of /a/
>>
>>138963868
Himizu and Cold fish are not manga adaptations and they're arguably his bests.
>>
>>138963923
What even is a "difficult story" for manga? I wouldn't call Asano's stuff difficult, and I'm not sure I'd call any manga I like difficult, actually. I'd call Tenjou Tenge difficult, because I was lost like 50% of the time I was reading it.
>>
>>138964036
Nausicaa was pretty dense, thematically speaking which I suppose is reaching into "difficult" territory. It was also kinda hard to follow at times but that's just Miyazaki with his on the fly writing style.
>>
>>138962661
Stop watching moe-shit, you talk like a female
>>
>>138959168
>they don't like difficult stories
As if his stories, or Hanazawa's, were difficult or "deep". Any manga by authors such as Yamamoto Naoki completely shits on Asano's work in all of the departments, be it good sex scenes or the exploration of cultural issues. Punpun, BotR, etc, are just meme manga for the pretentious Reddit/ANN cuck crowd.
>>
>>138964348
You'd have to have a weird dick to care about sex scenes, since any decent modern H-artist shits on either of them.
>>
>>138963596
>pic related
That's probably the most disappointed I've ever been at an anime. Fuck that show.
>>
>>138964559
Yer kidding
>>
>>138959168
This isn't news. This has been the case since the beginning of civilization. The more complex something is, there will be less and less people able to enjoy it because few of them have the capacity to understand it. Thus, there will always be a bigger audience for casual shit because it's just flat out easier to absorb. Micheal Bay movies will always outsell more thoughtfully directed films today the same way dime novels outsold classic literature a hundred years ago. It doesn't mean complex stories are going to disappear, it just means there is a smaller audience for them. Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>138962410
It felt forced because it literally was forced within the universe, dumbass.
>>
>>138964736
Asano doesn't really make complex manga though.
>>
>>138964832
According to this thread the fans think otherwise
>>
>>138962386
Wow such a deep and thought provoking analysis. If I didn't already know that /a/ is full of these retards I would assume it was taken from a Kotaku/Japan Times article.
>>
>>138964958
>the fans
That doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>138959592

Literally 99% of series like that sell like complete shit.
>>
>>138963681
Michiko to Hatchin only had Watanabe helping with the sound direction and Space Dandy was a shitton more creative and entertaining than Samurai Champloo
>>
>hurr durr pretentious
I'd rather have an attempt at a deep story than the usual unoriginal harem/SOL/moeshit
>>
>>138959168
More like, Asano burned his readers one too often, and too hard.
>>
>>138959168
>What went wrong with those nips?
>What went wrong with those americans?
>What went wrong with those british?
>etc.
it's eveyrywhere and probably was this way everytime, plebs like shitty simple stories, shitty music etc. plebs in any country.
>>
>>138965345
>I'd rather have a failed show than a good show because I hate everything that isn't deep
That's pretentious to a T.
>>
>>138965287
I don't know about Space Dandy. I feel that if it would have been aired fifteen years ago would have been really a hit. I can't say is bad, is just came in a time when I wasn't in a mood of watching that type of humor, and I am a fan of Gintama.
>>
>>138965420
A deep plot is not a requirement for manga to be good.
>>
>>138959859
>niche popularity
Aren't Asano's manga actually selling very good?
>>
>>138966038
Nope
>>
>>138959168
let me translate that:

>they don't like difficult stories.
means: they didn't like punpun

and obviously they didn't, because it's shit
>>
So, what does "deep" mean?
>>
>>138959168
Shut the fuck up asano
Punpun wasnt difficult it was fucking stupid
>>
>ANN
fuck off
>>
>>138959859
>Gundam

Stop this, Gundam had hardly any influence on it compared to super robot anime
>>
>>138962939
>talking to actual Japanese people instead
But people on 4chan will laugh about my none existent Japanese grammar
>>
>>138967829
>4chan
2chan.
Fuck.
>>
The same thing that went wrong with Americans who don't like difficult stories.
>>
>>138968021
What was so hard about brains being used for computing in Matrix?
>>
>>138961414
Many people are narrow minded, history has shown that.
>>
>>138962270
I think everyone understands that, but that doesn't matter cause the act of telling people their taste and opinions are shit is the 'ramen for the mind' of the internet.
>>
>>138959536
And the average otaku doesn't work or study 18 hours.
>>
>>138959168
He's not wrong, there are far too many anime with shallow and derivative plot that say shit about the human condition or anything actually useful and only catter to obsessive demographics.
>>
>>138970207
Yet he manages to buy lots of eggspensive BDs
>>
>>138970405
wonder where that money comes from anyway
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.