[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like /a/-Channel ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: A-Channel-HD-Wallpapers-2.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A-Channel-HD-Wallpapers-2.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
Did you like /a/-Channel ?
>>
Is was good. Anyone who says it was boring is wrong.
>>
>>138949661
Average SOL, nothing special, not really memorable.
>>
>>138950080
This. It had the aura of "just okay".

You are now remembering Hyakko.
>>
File: shot0002.jpg (84 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
84 KB, 852x480
>>138950872
Hyakko was a fun ride, I wish I watched it earlier
>>
>>138949661
Decent SoL, Yuko dialect is amazing
>>
File: 000027446_03.jpg (226 KB, 1424x4542) Image search: [Google]
000027446_03.jpg
226 KB, 1424x4542
>>
>>138949661
Muh boipussy!
>>
>>138950967
It has a tone issue, especially towards the end.
>>
Klu Klux Klan was better
>>
Natsuiro Kiseki was better.
>>
>>138949661
Immensely average

Also it has this weird obsession of having insert songs near the end of the every episode like it's a children's show where it learns a moral lesson
>>
>>138953132
>>138953236
No it wasn't
>>
>>138949661
I had a fun time with it
Not really funny but it is highly refreshing. I recommend it
>>
>>138949661
It was better than K-on at least
>>
I liked it but it's one of my lesser favorites in terms of CGDCT

>>138953236
This is correct.
>>
>>138949661
Too boring.
Main cast ruined by violent midget with the bat.
Pretty bottom of the barrel as far as CGDCT goes.

>>138950967
This on the other hand.
Where's my S2?
>>
>>138953283
Yeah it was.
>>
>>138953672
Where's my new manga chapters
>>
>>138953673
No it wasn't
>>
>>138949661
Just finished this last week
Boring show
Did tried to bring something new to the plate, but basically the same shit as every other SOL
>>
Yeah, I 'liked' it alright.
>>
And the loli plague continues with yet another school comedy full of girls that are drawn to look half their actual age. I am no moe fan but I always reward something if it is good. And for me a show is never good if it feels generic; which is the main problem with A Channel. While Azumanga was memorable for being the first, and while Lucky Star and K-On managed to play around with the formulas enough to grow their own identity, this show never manages to stand out and thus be memorable. It feels like nothing more than a copycat of the other three and for that reason it is very easy to get over it.

The premise for example is not only as basic as it gets but it will also feel like you already saw that many times already. The silly school lives of four cute girls; that’s it. Just how many times can such a simple idea work if it is used all the time? Once every 2 years sounds ok but after the loli plague fell upon us every new show regardless of themes now has cute little girlies in it and it’s just not the same anymore.

There is no overall plot other than spontaneous comical short stories (the manga it is based upon was after all a 4 panel gag type) and though many of them are funny, overall they lack the vitality and freshness of Azumanga. It has no AMAZING jokes or ROLFing scenes worth making memes out from. It has no moe girls that are worth making avatars from (since there are thousands of them these days and the ones that came first already filled the need).
>>
So what are we left with? Nice, cute little designs. Nothing we haven’t seen before but they are well drawn and the directing ain’t bad for the material it had to cover. Nice silly tunes to listen. Nothing worth humming about but fitting to the mood of the show. Nice short gags to get a chuckle after a hard day but nothing you will remember after a few hours. It is a well made moeblob gag show but let’s be truthful, there is nothing worth talking about it since it lacks identity.

And speacking of identity, the people behind this show better stay anonymous if we ever cross our ways. The animation is done by Studio Gokumi, which has produced nothing but lame loli anime. Not only that, but it was formed by ex Gonzo members and as expected it keeps on shirting carp instead of trying to make something good for a change. Furthermore, the director is Ono Manabu, notorious for the shirty job he did with all-time-failures such as Dragonaut, Saki, Mayoi Neko Overrun, as well as one of the carpiest anime of the past decade that makes your blood freezing cold upon reading, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. So as you can see even if you try to enjoy the show as a generic moeblob, it is simply impossible with these fails of life behind the scenes. Thus don’t even bother with it.
>>
>>138953771
Translator gone AWOL so never.
>>
>>138953993
She was the only half decent character, desu.
>>
Naw that show was boring
>>
I thought Tooru was super cute.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.