[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Japs bullshit on the plot so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1439663276031.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439663276031.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
Whenever I listen to the OST of high budget projects, I'm always reminded of just how much expertise and craft goes into making that mediocre and kind of dull series I just watched.

The OSTs for many anime are often more than an hour long. All of that is music that somebody had to sit down and compose, and that an orchestra then had to rehearse and play.

Then there is the recording, not to mention all the labor involved in the japanimation itself.

With all this on the table, why does it so often feel like Japanese just say "fuck it" on the script and the plot? The same level of craft and effort is just not apparent when it comes to the actual story. Why?
>>
1. It depends on the anime.
2. Music is a universal language while storytelling is something that's hugely affected by culture and sometimes doesn't translate that well for other countries. Hence that for example, most games that sell well on the west often sell like shit in Japan and vice versa. What I'm trying to say is, what's a shit plot for you might not be so shit for someone in Japan.
>>
Go cry more to your superior pixar and disney cartoons you fuck.
>>
>>138948586
Because they're LN adaptions.
>>
>>138948653
Also, the story will mostly depend on the genre of the anime and demographic that's being made for. When you're watching a anime about cute girls doing cute things, you can't expect it to have a super deep, well crafted and complex plot, same for dumb battle shonens.
>>
>>138948692
No one makes more retarded plots than Disney and Pixar though.
>>
>>138948725
>>138948743
>>138948759
You ok mate?
>>
>>138948586
The only thing you should be consuming from nipland is manga and actual literature from them.

Anime is just garbage.
>>
I'll never forgive the people who were in charge of the animation for the berserk movies.

Miura is busting his ass drawing original monsters with extreme detail AND writing the most beautiful revenge story, and you decide to half-ass THAT?

I praise the composers of the soundtrack, however. The sound when the haou behelith activated gave me fucking chills, and the ending theme fit in so well with the story.
>>
Unlike Hollywood, the authors can decide the story and prot of manga, novels freely, for good and bad
>>
>>138949357
Even the worst anime/manga plots are better than the trash Hollywood pumps out anyway.
>>
>>138948586
https://youtu.be/9eZekO4RRUk
>>
>>138948864
>Miura is busting his ass drawing original monsters with extreme detail AND writing the most beautiful revenge story, and you decide to half-ass THAT?

Yea, yea. Stuff like that. They just said "Fuck it. We're just gonna do the manga as verbatim and formulaic as possible, and not worry about how it translates to anime. Fuck it, who cares it's all the same."

Although not as egregious, ufotable did the exact same thing for FSN. It's like everybody on the direction staff is just running on autopilot.
>>
>>138950624
Heh. This was exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote the OP
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.