[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Y'all niggas need to watch Patema Inverted. Probably the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: patema.png (406 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
patema.png
406 KB, 1200x675
Y'all niggas need to watch Patema Inverted. Probably the best movie I've seen in a while.
>>
>>138942527
Me and some friends watched that and started freaking out at the end about what the world looks like at 3 in the morning in our dorm. We even drew a diagram of what we thought it looked like. Good times.
>>
>>138942527
I dont know anon, i couldnt get behind it.
>>
i liked everything except the bad guy. he was just dumb
>>
>>138942527
Worst Yoshiura anime sadly.
>>
>>138942527
it was aight; the inverted gimmick was pretty cool, but the themes were nothing that haven't been done before.
>>
>>138942745

Yeah, the villain was just so incredibly stupid and every scene was trying to get across how evil he was and that being the only intent. I guess if he was going for that, good job. Although it is kind of nice to just have something as simple as what we got in a way. Don't really have to think, kind of like with Redline.
>>
>>138942770
The only other one I've seen is Time of Eve. I'll have to check out the others.
>>
>>138942527
It was cute with an interesting setting, but that's about it. Plot was pretty bland and unoriginal. The twists were pretty neat, though.
>>
>>138942965
Yeah, the villain was too much. He was so evil, he didn't have any greater machinations or motivations. Every chance he gets to kill an individual Inverted, he jumps at it despite risk.
They explored some of his thoughts when he was upset about the girl trusting the boy and not him but he just went right back to wanting to kill her and make her miserable.
>>
>>138942965
Redline has great characters though. People think it's dumb because it's got action and doesn't try to tell a deep story.
Patema's problem is that it's got a really great concept but doesn't do much with it beyond "no John, you ARE the inverted'. Even the relationship between the two main characters is plain.
>>
>>138943066

It's hilarious how comically evil he is. It'd been so long since I'd seen one like that.

>>138943138

I completely agree, Redline had fantastic characters, soundtrack, settings, etc. I wasn't really trying to devalue it, I just meant you can watch it without really thinking much and just enjoy the action and fantastic animation. Which is all due to just how well it was crafted.

But, yeah, I can agree with you on Patema. It works and is interesting and entertaining enough that I'd still recommend it to someone, so it did something right at least.
>>
This hsit gave me motion sickness.
>>
It was kind of boring. I was in it for the visuals in the first place, but the characters didn't do much to stand out.
>>
>>138942770
>worse than Harmonie
Not even close.
>>
>joked to my friends that this was gonna pull an inception and have another gravity layer on top of the two
>tfw I happened to be right
>twice
Despite having a great premise, setting, and twists this film still managed to have incredibly cliche themes, characters, and plot. Honestly not that great. A lot of /a/ shits on Boy and the Beast but even that was better than this.
>>
>>138943846
I liked Harmonie.
>>
Hello, newfriend.
>>
>>138944051
Aside from the dream sequence, I spent the whole thing either bored or feeling second-hand awkwardness for the boy. And then it just ended.
>>
>>138944179
The only problem with Harmonie is that it can be a bit cliché with the highschool depiction, but it's got a really interesting twist and a nice message.
>>
9/10
>>
>>138943138
>Redline has great characters

Explain this, please.
>>
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Hollywood movie similar to this. I already forgot the title though.
>>
Its a solid 7/10
>>
File: patema-hold.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
patema-hold.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Do y'all remember when /a/ was drawing diagrams and shit trying to figure out the exact way the world was structured?

Good shit.
>>
>>138944689
Oh, and figuring out what the fuck would happen if he ever got Patema pregnant and how that shit would work.
>>
>>138944725
Wouldn't the fetus take nutrient mass from the mother, who would presumably be eating food that matches her gravitational alignment?
BREED OUT THOSE INVERTEDS
>>
File: 1455999853506.png (239 KB, 450x690) Image search: [Google]
1455999853506.png
239 KB, 450x690
>>138946487
Who was invert again
>>
>>138944394

My problem is that it felt incomplete, a decent first episode but with nothing more there's nothing to really grasp at.
>>
>>138946584
Age.
>>
Why was the evil nazi guy evil again? I remember the reason being stupid.
>>
>>138944491
What? They're really likeable and every racer has personality despite not having a lot of time to flesh out their stories.

>GORI RIDER MOTHERFU
>>
>>138942527
Unfortunately, it's the second movie I have watched that I can't find anything memorable about.

The first was Origin.
>>
It's too simplistic and one dimensional, or at least the villain is. The visuals were nice, at least.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.