[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad pronunciations: eh-ven-jelly-in jin-tah-mah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: JIBUNWOO.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
JIBUNWOO.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Bad pronunciations:
eh-ven-jelly-in
jin-tah-mah
>>
>Nuh-roo-toe

Cringe everytime
>>
>>138939402
>eh-ven-jelly-in
Hey, that's not as bad as how I thought it was pronounced before I watched it. I always said it ee-van-juh-lee-in in my head (I thank my merciful God I was never given a chance to say that out loud in conversation), it took me several episodes to get used to it and a lot longer to naturally say it correctly on the first try.
>>
File: 43255726423218.png (530 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
43255726423218.png
530 KB, 720x540
>>138939557
>ee-van-juh-lee-in
Me too, anon. Me too.

>Still thinks it sounds better that way.
>>
>>138939402
>Ji-bin Woh
>Sow
>Bakee-monogatari
>Ani-me
>Jupon
>>
My faggot roommate pronounces Madoka as "Maow-kuh".
>>
GunDAMM
>>
Mang-uh
>>
>Bay-keh-mono-ga-terry

I shit you not
>>
>>138942971
Why can't people pronounce manga correctly? Its honestly not that hard
>>
>>138943541
Actually find that person and hit them... Hard.
>>
>>138939402
>dot jiff
>>
>>138943744
It isn't but I assume that the correct pronunciation isn't the first pronunciation that someone would read it as, depending on where they are from.

I said it as that way when I first heard about it. Sometimes I'll still say it incorrectly as mang-uh to keep within my accent.
>>
Maki
>Make-e
>Mackey

>>138942971
>Man-juh
>>
File: ohshitnigger.jpg (11 KB, 242x252) Image search: [Google]
ohshitnigger.jpg
11 KB, 242x252
So what's up with burgers or anglos in general and them adding bunch of -hs to nip words for no reason what-so-ever? Most examples in this thread alone have this.
>>
>>138945768
I think it has something to do with how English syllables work and native English speakers are generally unable to process more than one stress intonation in a single word.
And notice there's no emphasis on the last syllable on every word.

>ma-DOH-kuh emphasis on DOH
instead of
>MA-DO-KA emphasis on every syllable

>gaw-GUY-ger emphasis on GAI
instead of
>GAAO-GAAI-GAARR

It's worse when real muricans pronounce it. Fucking annoying
>>
>>138939402
>-
I hate when murricans try to show how to pronounce words
>>
>Bakemonogatari like baking a cake
>shoe-jo
>kuh-why
>Hyewka

>>138947317
>>ma-DOH-kuh emphasis on DOH
>instead of
>>MA-DO-KA emphasis on every syllable
I can't fucking help myself from reading it like that even though I know it's wrong, I'm a huge stickler for correct punctuation too so it bugs the hell out of me that I automatically go to the wrong way.
>>
>inb4 americans trying to talk in japanese

do not even try you fucks.
>>
>>138948156
Try to mimic the pronunciations spoken by native asians.

Most of us will flip our mental switch from fluent english to speaking with a -thick asian accent emphasizing on each syllable- depending on our home country.
TW, HK, and SG are probably the best in terms of English pronunciations of Japanese names.
>>
>mfw be italian, pronunciation is basically the same as japanese
>>
>>138948330
>Tsunami
>Karaoke
>Origami
>Kimono
>Ramen
>Sushi
>Karate

English people say japanese words all the time.
>>
>ah-soo-ka
>>
>>138948330
It's not just Japanese they screw up.
>>
>>138951794
how else are you supposed to say it
>>
>>138948330
>>138951578
>carry ohkee
>o ree gahmee
>kee mone oh
>soo shee
>ka ra tee

these are things even esl's say if they're reading shit in "romanji"
>>
>>138951856
"ah-ska"
>>
>>138951941
the former sounds better
>>
Anno Hee deeky sounds better than hee deh ah kee an o because I say so.
>>
>>138952053
Meant Hee deeky Anno and blah blah, fuck this shit.
>>
>>138952053
>>138952148
What the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>138953533
Nip nong, ching chong, young lady.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.