[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Either I've become a lot dumber the past few years or this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Either I've become a lot dumber the past few years or this film was a bit difficult to follow.

Also fuck off with recreating the first scene from the first film, Fuuuuuuuuuck offf with that shit.
>>
>>138934287
It just wasn't written as well as 1995. The story in 95 was simple and effective, relying heavily on symbolism and atmosphere.
>>
>>138934287

>Also fuck off with recreating the first scene from the first film

They love doing it too much. I watched it a month ago and didn't think it was too difficult to follow. Maybe at some points, but for the most part, I think it was mostly able to be followed. Maybe my memory's bad though. It definitely could've been better though.

Despite that, as well as it not being as good as the other entries in the series, it was nice seeing Section 9 work together as a team again. The Tachikomas, too.
>>
>>138934583
Yeah, especially the first scene I like how it was planned out. That's what I like to see.
>>
>>138934287
>>138934287

I'm behind the curve. I miss out on a new GitS movie entry?
>>
>>138935734

Yeah, it's an animated movie sequel to the Arise OVAs/TV series. You can go in blind, but the storyline from the series does carry over. You can get by without it if you really wanted to though.
>>
>>138935734
yeah 25th anniversary movie, creatively titled "the new movie"
>>
>>138934287
It was, also i was totally sure that Firestarter was created by Motoko in the series which made me completely lost in the movie.
>>
I thought it was literally flat, fairly well animated and looked alright in general but nothing special. Really as bland as they come. It did have some good scenes like the one at the beginning where Mokoto runs towards the guy on the stationary MG. Music was okay I guess but it sort of just amplified this strange idea of molding some sort of classical feeling with a modern one.

Not bad but just painfully platonic, like IG just said fuck it and but threw everything together.
>>
File: 1444234600761.png (460 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1444234600761.png
460 KB, 800x600
>>138937237
>Mokoto
Just kill me. Although it kind of is a great way of dumping it down since this wasn't Motoko. Why does this series still get material?
>>
this new GITS universe is just bad written. the staff doesn't seen to know what they want to do
>>
File: Is she really human.webm (3 MB, 722x406) Image search: [Google]
Is she really human.webm
3 MB, 722x406
>>138934287
>Also fuck off with recreating the first scene from the first film, Fuuuuuuuuuck offf with that shit.
It was a e s t h e t i c
:^)

You forgot about being upset at recreating the last scene from SSS too. It irritated me in all honsety

>>138936844
She wasn't. The doll girl Kurutsu hired/enlisted made it. Kurutsu just used Motoko to smuggle/field test it.

>>138937350
But despite her design, Maayatoko was the best animated Major to date, personality-wise.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.