[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1471
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: djt.png (198 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
djt.png
198 KB, 1000x750
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
http://bitlasers.com/djt

Previous Thread:
>>138905719
>>
File: make your mother proud.png (248 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
make your mother proud.png
248 KB, 564x564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
If you don't work hard, then you aren't going to have the success that you want. But if you work hard and dig in, then you are going to have the success that you want.
>>
File: セっクス.jpg (573 KB, 1327x980) Image search: [Google]
セっクス.jpg
573 KB, 1327x980
>>
>>138931539
I figured you would've taken your ban as an opportunity to stop posting this.
>>
File: 足.jpg (175 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
足.jpg
175 KB, 600x600
あし

foot/leg
>>
File: 1457042681080.png (481 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457042681080.png
481 KB, 800x600
体はローマン字出来ている。
血潮は怠慢で心は暗記。
幾たびのカードを越えて不敗。
ただの一度も敗走はなく、
ただの一度も復習を諦めない。
彼の者は常に独り
漢字達の丘で勝利に酔う。
故に、生涯に意味はなく
その体は、きっとローマン字で出来ていた。
>>
I'm starting with kanji on kanjidamage (I know some people don't like it, whatever).

I'm getting super confused at times with the Onyomi and Kunyomi of some kanjis... Like in some Jukugo the kanji itself never has a pronunciation anywhere close to the Onyomi (or the Kunyomi for that matter). How does this work? It's just so confusing to me.

Also as an example:
http://www.kanjidamage.com/kanji/13-un-%E4%B8%8D
This is 不 and its Onyomi is ふ
Then the next one is http://www.kanjidamage.com/kanji/14-no-%E5%90%A6 and its onyomi is ひ however the little "same-ON" link next to the radicals seems to imply that it uses the same onyomi as its main radical which would be ふ...
>>
>feeling pretty good about japanese
>毎日Ankiで練習だ
>Somebody suggests I take the JCAT
>Register
>Take sample test (http://www.j-cat.org/en/)
>It's hard as shit

もう日本語は無理になったな。できないよ
>>
Reading some 春樹村上 and came across this word

灯寵

can't find it in any dictionary and my ebook hasn't any furigana. English version of the novel translates it as 'stone lantern'. Anyone know the reading? とうちょう?
>>
>憂鬱
fug
>>
>>138931618
I can't betray my loyal fans like that.
>>
>>138931712
Unlimited できない works
>>
>>138931618
Whad he get banned for?
>>
>>138931763
I fucking hate tests, in any language. They are too rigid and expect you to learn a "fake" language which is just more clinical than it actually is in the spoken real life examples.

I'm Italian and I consider English as a second language since I've been speaking it and writing it for almost 20 years at native level.

I've tried taking mock "academic" tests both as EN->IT and IT->EN and I failed a lot of times because of my usage of colloquialisms, or not using the exact phrasal verb they want, or not addressing somebody the exact same way as people are "taught" how to, etc etc.

My advice would be, unless you really need a certificate for language proficiency, don't bother with that crap. Obviously as personal training and just overall practice they are good, but still...
>>
>Dekinai Japanese Thread
>>
learning the readings is a waste of time (imo) because you wont remember them (some kanji have like 7 lol), I don't think there is any logic behind when to use one reading or another and if there is I haven't yet find any book that says so.
For example why some words with 見 start with "み" ,most of them with the meaning "look" or "show" etc so you think there is some kind of pattern or logic but then then you have 見学 for example which is written like けんがく...why why is not みがく... why would you suddenly change it to けん, けん is mostly used when the kanji ends the word like 意見 (いけん) so basically sometimes they use on and other kun, are they native jap words and that's why the use kun..? who knows, but with so many kanji is really hard if not impossible to learn the meanings by themselves, it's already really hard to memorize the kanji and their meanings let alone all their readings...
Maybe is not a waste of time... but thing is there are some better ways to spend your effort and time when you are learning japanese than learning that.
>>
File: 12.jpg (87 KB, 915x247) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
87 KB, 915x247
>>138931885
Something dumb.
>>
>>138931941
>even thinking about learning kun readings in isolation
>>
>>138931683
Thanks, Kouichi.
>>
>>138931885
Don't know, but I remember in one thread his post and some of his other off-topic posts and shitposts all getting deleted at once and he stopped posting in the thread for a number of threads. Was hoping he'd finally stop posting it since it's just /v/ shit, a english TL of a doujin, and a random quote that usually has no relation to the thread or motivation. Given he's a semi-regular shitposter in the thread I doubt that'll happen though.
>>
>>138931805
Oh fucked that name order up. I really can't learn Japanese
>>
>>138931907
It's just for practice, but I thought that I could at least have a grasp on all the questions. They threw me native conversations and some philosophical vocabulary my way. Shit hurt.
>>
>>138931740
Okay, first of all, use the kanji deck. As for this example, it's just a mistake on the part of KD. Finally, trying to learn all the on'yomi/kun'yomi is pretty useless, unless it's a beta or solo kanji. If anything, learn either the main kun'yomi along with the okurigana or one jukugo with the kanji.
>>
File: can't.jpg (4 MB, 7603x9122) Image search: [Google]
can't.jpg
4 MB, 7603x9122
出来ない。
>>
>>138932085
>first of all, use the kanji deck
I'm currently building my own kanji deck as I add more and more of them as I go through. In the end it won't make a big difference and it helps me learn.

>it's just a mistake on the part of KD
Good to know, thanks for clarifying

> trying to learn all the on'yomi/kun'yomi is pretty useless, unless it's a beta or solo kanji. If anything, learn either the main kun'yomi along with the okurigana or one jukugo with the kanji.

Yeah this is what I am focusing on. I focus on the kunyomi and check out the jukugo for definitions that might be useful to me (like common words etc etc) but overall I'm not stressing too much or trying to memorize everything. Thanks.
>>
>>138932078
Just do the test anyways
>>
>Quit my 11 year office job
>Re mortgaged house
Time to learn japanese and become a doujinshi artist
>>
File: tofugu.jpg (1 MB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
tofugu.jpg
1 MB, 3300x2550
>>138932237
Have this awesome chart to get you started. Be sure to buy a lifetime subscription of WaniKani.
>>
>>138932312
I can't even tell if whoever made that image was serious
>>
>>138932312
>mfw trying to remember all those mnemonics is actually harder than practising kanas until you know them by memory

Jesus fuck...
>>
>>138932460
This. Mnemonics are usually not helpful for me, I only read them when it's a kanji that is giving me a pain in the ass.
>>
>>138932177
>I'm currently building my own kanji deck as I add more and more of them as I go through. In the end it won't make a big difference and it helps me learn.
I'd still suggest you check out the deck to see how kanji are displayed, you might want to use this.
>>
>>138932561
Yeah, I have checked it out and I'm following a very similar format. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
>>
File: 3948573745.png (651 KB, 454x716) Image search: [Google]
3948573745.png
651 KB, 454x716
>>138931026
>/a/'s manga repo
Was there something like that? Google only gives me edgy forums, 助けて
>>
I've always been indifferent to learning primitives, kanji, and radicals instead of vocabulary simply because of laziness.

Now that I'm doing both I maintain my vocab MUCH better. Interestingly enough, I feel as though this wouldn't be the case if I had started RTK from the get-go.
>>
>>138932599
No problems, I've already gone through half of the original deck through Anki (50 cards/day) so if you have trouble with other shit that seems strange (unfortunately, it does happen sometimes with KD), just ask in the thread, I'm usually lurking the thread while reading stuff.
>>
皆様「ディ・ジェィ・ティ、これは重大な問題:我々は日本書紀であるか。我々の日本人の変身儀式は重大なことです。
作戦開始日は2016年3日25日ぞ。作戦計画:天皇を銃刑しろ!自衛隊を退治ろ!東京を軍事封鎖しろ!
~スティーブ一将。
>>
>>138931805
とうろう
>>
So why does Google IME no longer display 死ぬ or 戸 for me?
>>
>>138932793
>A history of the jews on the 本棚
>>
>>138932740
>I feel as though
Yeah, because that's what matters.
>>
>>138932679
madokami, I believe he means
>>
>>138933228
thanks bb
>>
>>138932237
you're free now aim higher become an animator as well
>>
>>138933519
It's pretty much mainly for EOPs and their scanlations. It also has even less content than the CoR, which is pretty sad considering it has been around for so much longer. A short while ago there was panic of it going down and a few threads popped up with a few anons trying to get a torrent backup of the site content seeded.

It would be nice if the CoR was integrated into a simple searchable database similar to bakamangaupdates. I have no idea how to do something like that myself and I primarily use an excel copy of the google sheet page for offline usage, but it would be handy to have for the live version. Integrate the genre and demographic tags for the manga sheet and file format type for the novel sheet.

Learning how to do that sounds harder and less enjoyable than reading grammar guides, though.
>>
>>138933832
>It would be nice if the CoR was integrated into a simple searchable database similar to bakamangaupdates. I have no idea how to do something like that myself and I primarily use an excel copy of the google sheet page for offline usage, but it would be handy to have for the live version. Integrate the genre and demographic tags for the manga sheet and file format type for the novel sheet.
Wouldn't that cost money for servers, though?
>>
That guy's autism is off the charts.
>>>/qa/473385

I can't believe someone is getting so worked up over something as insignificant and in such an irrational way. This is simply sad.
>>
>>138931740
Get the "idea" of the on-yomi. You don't have to "remember" it right away.
Have you get to the kanji 中 in your study? So 中 can be considered "middle" in English right? Also it's read as なか and うち, now remember that, the kun-yomi. You don't have to remember the on-yomi チュウ right away. Just get the idea of it.
If you are persistent with your kanji study, you will then find 忠 仲 both also read as チュウ。

I can state another example like 義 of 義理. You don't need to remember right away that it's read ギ. However, when you encountered 会議礼儀 犠牲 you will eventually remember that these sort of kanji is read ギ.

Same with 交 of 交通. You will learn it early in most kanji book. It's read コウ. You don't have to memorize it that right away other than the idea of 交 is コウ, but when you eventually encounter 効 校 郊, you'll remember that all is read コウ.
And then you will get screwed by the irregularities like this is 較 read カク not コウ.

Just note that there are many irregularities to kanji readings. There are patterns, but there are many exceptions to the patterns.

There are a lot of advantages to learning kanji individually like you are doing. The same way there are a lot of very different advantages of learning Core 6k Deck early and never study kanji individually.

It's just style, choose what you think will benefit you the most.
>>
犬は男の木の実を揉むて、友達に成るよ。
>>
>>138934144
>仲
>read as チュウ
huh?
>>
>>138934376
>仲
Oh you meant the on'yomi, my bad.
>>
>>138934376
>huh?
Hello there. 仲介
>>
Is there any way to put your anki deck on break for a week or so?
>>
>>138932124
STRONGEST
IN
THE
UNIVERSE
>>
>>138934579
Do you even understand the point of the SRS system?
>>
>>138933902
>Wouldn't that cost money for servers, though?
Not if you keep everything in their respective mega accounts, I guess? What I was thinking of was just a search engine type front end for the spreadsheet which is used for the CoR.

>>138934461
I read that as ちゅうすけ instead of the word ちゅうかい, as it seemed like you were addressing anon with a name. What is odd is that I've never really noticed the name ちゅうすけ but I have read the word 仲介 several times. Odd in how I guess my brain has taken to associate how various kanji are read. Kanji, man.
>>
>>138934579
Don't review it for a week or so and review it normally as you return from your break. The SRS in Anki will account for those missed reviews.

Better to not take a break and eventually your daily reviews will be so small that it will almost like nothing.
>>
>>138934627
One time I read 名前 as メイゼン so yeah.
>>
>>138934627
>What I was thinking of was just a search engine type front end for the spreadsheet which is used for the CoR.
But where would it be located, on the CoR page?
>>
>>138934686
>But where would it be located
Not sure. Maybe at the top of every sheet in a link similar to how the other linked site pages are? Maybe a link on the home portal of the djt website? To be honest I was really just throwing thoughts into the ether without expecting response. Don't actually know enough about the technical aspects involved to comment beyond the conceptual phase anyone can dick around with.
>>
>>138934621
>>138934682
So that's a no?
You guys say it's all okay and shit, but I don't want to come home with 700-1000 cards waiting for me. I'll lose my motivation to continue.
>>
>>138934857
This is, in all seriousness, the purpose of the review cap.
You set it to something you're willing to do in a single day, but not something that you'll ever reach by normal review accumulation. When you get back from holiday, you'll do that many reps every day for a few days, until it settles back down to normal.
The people who say to set it to 9999 are mistaken.
>>
>>138934684
From personal experience, Chinese native beginner Japanese learners really fucking fail all over the place trying to read words properly, even worse than people without a character background because they have to fight reading them how they normally do in Mandarin and/or Cantonese.

This also might be limited to anecdote but fuck me every Chink I've known to study Japanese, at least in my country, couldn't pronounce Japanese for shit. It's like they kept trying to add all of these Chinese sounds to kana which don't exist in Japanese.

>>138934857
>but I don't want to come home with 700-1000 cards waiting for me
So make sure you don't have 700-1000 cards waiting for you. The entire point of Anki is that you are shown facts just before you naturally begin to forget them, which is why it is optimal to review them as they are due.

>>138934935
>The people who say to set it to 9999 are mistaken.
The reason this is suggested is by placing daily review limits which trespass the amount of reviews you are going to be doing on a daily basis is directly impinging on the efficiency of the program.
>>
>>138934857
>So that's a no?
>You guys say it's all okay and shit, but I don't want to come home with 700-1000 cards waiting for me. I'll lose my motivation to continue.
How would you go about simply pushing back your schedule one week without fucking up the SRS system? Every cards that have been scheduled for the following seven days will hit you hard when you come back.
>>138934935
>When you get back from holiday, you'll do that many reps every day for a few days, until it settles back down to normal.
Except it doesn't when you do more than 20 cards a day, unless the cap is really high. That's pants over head retarded, because you won't review stuff you need to review at the moment (instead you'll review older cards which should've been reviewed earlier) and hence miss the whole point of Anki.
>>
>手を掴まれたかと思えば、無理矢理車に乗せられた。
I don't understand how the ば works here. Is it suppose to be something like "when"? Still not sure how much sense that makes with the previous bit. Is it like "when I realized my hand was grabbed, I was forced into the car"?
>>
>>138935045
>From personal experience, Chinese native beginner Japanese learners really fucking fail all over the place trying to read words properly, even worse than people without a character background because they have to fight reading them how they normally do in Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
>This also might be limited to anecdote but fuck me every Chink I've known to study Japanese, at least in my country, couldn't pronounce Japanese for shit. It's like they kept trying to add all of these Chinese sounds to kana which don't exist in Japanese.
Well that's pretty normal I guess. Imagine if we had to use roman letters but mixed up the pronunciation of each letter to correspond to another one, or even other sounds that don't exist now. This would be hell.
>>
>>138935045
I'm travelling for a week and won't be able to do anki. And no, I won't have a smartphone with me.
Judging from my usual schedule, one week of not studying will get me at least 500 cards, most likely near 800.
>>138935056
I thought it might be possible to freeze your deck.
>>
>>138935176
It probably is pretty normal but it is really awkward to see in action. Their speech was generally punctuated into jutting units instead of flowing sounds, very similar to the segmented nature of spoken Chinese dialects. Aside from having a character familiarity, they seemed to have more fundamental issues with coming to terms with the language than the English native learners. It's like they were so used to a certain rhythm to language and were suddenly being forced to play at an entirely different time signature, making me really doubt the so called advantage Chinese natives have when it comes to Japanese language acquisition.

>>138935355
>one week of not studying will get me at least 500 cards, most likely near 800
What are the format of your cards? If they are simple recall/recognition/production cards for vocab or kanji, that would take a few hours at worst.

>I thought it might be possible to freeze your deck.
That defeats the entire purpose of Anki.
>>
>>138935355
>I thought it might be possible to freeze your deck.
You can't freeze your memory, that's the problem.
>>
>>138935085
>Is it suppose to be something like "when"
Yes.
>"when I realized my hand was grabbed, I was forced into the car"?
Literally "When I thought "Was my hand grabbed?"", or more naturally, "as soon as my hand was grabbed".
>>
>>138935441
>making me really doubt the so called advantage Chinese natives have when it comes to Japanese language acquisition.
I think the only advantage they have here is being acquainted to the kanji. But att the same time, it's a big disadvantage because kanji are already fully 'stuck' in their head. Changing their pronunciation is harder, especially when it has multiple readings (which, IIRC, Chinese doesn't have).
>>
>>138935552
Oh, alright. I'm used to seeing と that way but not really ば so I was unsure of it. Thank you.
>>
>>138932885
You're on google's FBI watch list.
>>
>>138935085
There is an entry for 思えば in the DoJG Anki deck but for かと思えば specifically, you might find something in this page.
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=981

>>138935589
>which, IIRC, Chinese doesn't have
Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, etc. have a lot of different readings for their hanzi but it is a lot more predictable than in Japanese, which is a bit of a free for all.
>>
>>138935668
>Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, etc. have a lot of different readings for their hanzi but it is a lot more predictable than in Japanese, which is a bit of a free for all.
That's not what I meant. I mean, if you pick only one dialect, for instance Cantonese, I think the hanzi reading are unique. But then again, I might be wrong and I apologize if that's what you were saying.
>>
>>138935753
>I think the hanzi reading are unique
Nah, they also have multiple readings for individual hanzi. It's just a lot less chaotic than modern Japanese. The way the language is structured, the readings are more obvious. Pity the languages of China sound so fucking horrible.
>>
>>138936046
>Nah, they also have multiple readings for individual hanzi. It's just a lot less chaotic than modern Japanese. The way the language is structured, the readings are more obvious.
Thanks for the clarification then.
>>
Do I have this right? Also whats with all the posts saying Korean food is unsanitary?

http://dat.2chan.net/t/res/275004.htm

安全面は知らんが仕事で韓国行ったことあるけど
本場のより日本の韓国料理店で食べるほうが
やっぱ日本人の口にはあうと思た。

"Im not sure about food saftey but ive been to korea on buisness. The korean food in korea is better than that in Japan however,
I thought maybe it would fit Japanese tastes"

"チヂミとか韓国おにぎりとか、日本のもの参考にして作ってるからな。"

Because they used Japanese things as a reference to make チヂミとか韓国おにぎり.
>>
Why does this Godforsaken language have three Godforsaken alphabets?

On top of that, the hiragana and Katakana are syllabaric and share an identical set of underlying syllabic roots? (This is legitimately confusing, not just a rant. The rest is a rant.)

This is bullshit.

I'm not going to be satisfied until I can write "this is bullshit" in all three alphabets.
>>
>>138936637
クソ食らえ
>>
>>138936551
>Also whats with all the posts saying Korean food is unsanitary?
Wasn't there a big scandal recently about traces of feces in exported Korean food or something like that.
>>
>>138936637
>and share an identical set of underlying syllabic roots?
Kek, that's the whole point. An alphabet is supposed to represent the sounds of the language, what use is there of an alphabet that doesn't stems from the language?
>>
>>138936637
Wow, you are really stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>138936551
>The korean food in korea is better than that in Japan however, I thought maybe it would fit Japanese tastes"
As expected, eating in Japanese Korean food restaurants fits Japanese peoples' tastes better.

I.e, Korean food made by Japanese people suits Japanese people better than "real" Korean food.

The が in ほうが is the subject marker, not が as in 知らんが
>>
I think I'm gonna get roasted for this one, but can someone explain me the キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!! meme on 2chan.
>>
>>138937065
it's here
>>
>>138934587
who would win in a battle between dekinai and demonbane?
>>
>>138937065
>meme
it's what your post says if you don't type anything and just post an image
>>
>>138937065
I think on futaba making a blank post will automatically fill the post body with that.

So if it looks like everyone is spamming a thread with it they're really not, they're just blank posting with images.
>>
File: renge3.jpg (111 KB, 571x551) Image search: [Google]
renge3.jpg
111 KB, 571x551
>>138937065
Japanese often post キタ, meaning "north," to signify bumping a thread on 2ch. This meaning is derived from the direction of "north" being frequently associated with the arrow pointing upwards on a compass rose, similar to how bumping a thread moves it upwards on the board.
>>
>>138937239
>>138937266
Thanks anons.
>>
幻肢痛
>>
File: xxxxxxxxxxxx.png (75 KB, 583x335) Image search: [Google]
xxxxxxxxxxxx.png
75 KB, 583x335
Finally regained my old tempo.
Lesson: wake up early and exercise.
>>
File: gi.png (108 KB, 443x499) Image search: [Google]
gi.png
108 KB, 443x499
>>138936637
Gee, why does English need two alphabets?
>>
File: 1435987628452.png (316 KB, 530x580) Image search: [Google]
1435987628452.png
316 KB, 530x580
Somebody FUCKING help me please

i am using ankidroid and I accidentally set it to increase today's new card limit by 300 instead of 30. HOW DO I FUCKING MAKE IT STOP SHOWING ME NEW CARDS.

Ive already been studying for 4 hours. my heartrate started elevating from stress a bit less than 3 hours in. I've already cried once. I DONT WANT TO SEE MORE NEW CARDS. I was supposed to be alseep 15 minutes ago
>>
>>138937712
Set the daily new cards to zero, move the new cards after the reviews and simply do 30 a day and ignore the rest.
>>
File: 1450956570971.jpg (62 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
1450956570971.jpg
62 KB, 500x305
>>138937712
>>
>>138937712
Restore from backup on PC - synchronize.
>>
>>138937769
I think he meant that he picked the option to 'Increase New cards for today' (or something like that), changing the new cards to zero won't fix that.

>>138937712
I think you'll have to sync your phone to your computer then reschedule those new cards.
>>
>>138936637
でたらめ
デタラメ
出鱈目

たいしたことじゃねぇ
もっと頑張ってみろ
>>
>>138936637
dekinai
>>
You hanging in there, anon?
>>
File: 1442045364864.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1442045364864.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>138937892
Yeah I did pick that option.

I'm not sure what I did, and it's probably bad, but I changed the settings of "Start of New Day" to 16 hours after midnight, then back to what I regularly had it and it took off all the new cards and didn't mess with the cards I already had to review. I can finally get some sleep.
>>
>>138937586
Japanese really suffers for it's lack of caps lock.
>>
Does anyone have hard and fast rules for what is hard/good/easy on anki?

I seem to favor good to easy unless I instantly get it without even thinking, but I feel like thats hampering my progress
>>
Gonna shill this for a few threads until it's in the OP or enough people have it that if anyone asks they can provide it.

I managed to turn the DOBJG into a searchable, bookmarked PDF with both English and weeb runes searchable. You need to install Adobe language shit but it works. I'd like this to be added to the OP as well.

https://a.pomf.cat/xvrwar.pdf
>>
>>138938639
Go to feedback page, my good anon. It will get added if you post it on feedback.
>>
>>138938683
>Go to feedback page, my good anon. It will get added if you post it on feedback.
This.
>>
>>138938625
http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#reviewing

>Because Easy rapidly increases the delay, it’s best used for only the easiest of cards. Usually you should find yourself answering Good instead.
>>
>>138938683
>>138938712

Thanks to both of you.
>>
>>138937712

we told you about Anki man it was made by white supremists to keep the common man down

this is why we on DJT, /a/ unequivocally endorse WaniKani because it is the product of free trade and innovation

>>138937816
>>
If I don't finish my deck for the day I basically feel like I've personally let down Trump. Hes over my shoulder daily, telling me "You WILL learn Japanese"

Is this true for anyone else?
>>
>>138938270
なんとか
あんたは?
>>
>>138938380
katakana can be used for emphasis in a similar way
>>
>>138938784
>あんた
Fuck off, I was just trying to be nice.
>>
File: just doing my reps.jpg (39 KB, 450x305) Image search: [Google]
just doing my reps.jpg
39 KB, 450x305
sup
>>
File: 1456304873200.jpg (81 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1456304873200.jpg
81 KB, 600x1067
>>138938850
うっ
申し訳ありません
おまえさんは?

>>138938780
pic related
>>
>>138938924
DELETE THIS
>>
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 66x323) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37 KB, 66x323
What's 3限 as used here meant to be?
>>
>>138938639
If you could convert it to text it would be greatly useful. I added bookmarks to my scans of the dojg volumes a while ago but it is still greatly limited by the lack of text readability for searching/copy/paste, etc. The file size is also pretty bloated, being images, compared to the current version of the dojg pdf project, which is missing the entry notes that would make it perfect for learners.
>>
File: よつばと!_9_126.jpg (318 KB, 1091x1600) Image search: [Google]
よつばと!_9_126.jpg
318 KB, 1091x1600
>>138937712
Gotta learn fast, anon. Just think of the hypothetical progress.
>>
>>138939028
is this in a school setting? I've seen it mean "3rd period" and the like.
>>
>>138939301
Yeah, that makes sense. I thought it might be that but the dic only lists it as a counter for "slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat) "
>>
>>138938924
サンダース万歳!
トランプに死を!
>>
>>138939363
I think it's short for 限目
>>
>>138939374
サンダースさんはアニメを実現化するよ!
>>
>>138938924
わたし輪に本
>>
>>138939028
Guessing 優綺 is ゆうき、a name for the girl in question? Looks like a pretty shit read. Why, with all the good manga and light novels in the CoR do people keep bringing questions about the shitty porn they are reading?
>>
Does Rikaisama not support names, or what's the deal here?
>>
File: dat ntr.png (994 KB, 963x746) Image search: [Google]
dat ntr.png
994 KB, 963x746
>>138939618
>Implying it's not the most COMPELLING CONTENT
>>
>>138939668
Did you read the faq?
>>
>>138939745
Manuals are for the weak.
>>
File: easylolige.jpg (310 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
easylolige.jpg
310 KB, 1366x768
Read Monobeno they said
it's an easy lolige they said
>>
I live in japan but i still have a long way to go. Whats the best, surefire way to get to near fluency, jlpt2 etc?

I have a mammorh wall of words to throw into anki but not sure how to chunk them up, or when i "know" a word (some words i can identify when studying but forget or can't think of when needed in a real situation)
>>
>>138939995
>near fluency, jlpt2
One of these is not like the other
>>
>>138937205
dekinai
>>
File: 20160321_225342.jpg (106 KB, 448x797) Image search: [Google]
20160321_225342.jpg
106 KB, 448x797
What Kanji is this?
>>
>>138940129

>>
>>138940021
WOW FUCKIN EPIC BRO ;)

It's not like I listed them separate goals or anything or if you relly want to be anal about then 'near''s subjectivity could be construed as anything.
You pseudointellectual fedora-wearing anime-masturbating preteen faggot.
>>
>>138940021
this.
desu, not even jlptn1
>>
>>138940230
>desu
the fuck, what was i typing?
>>
>>138940218
just a joke bro heh
>>
>>138940218
anon, we have a guide and everything. there's no secret way to learning japanese that we're all sitting on or something.
>>
>>138940129
精液
>>
>>138940266
you're turning japanese
>>
>>138940266
desu desu desu desu desu desu
>>
File: 1458619576074.jpg (30 KB, 554x443) Image search: [Google]
1458619576074.jpg
30 KB, 554x443
>Learning a language other than glorious English
>>
>>138935045
I was watching one of them chinese anime livestreams once and the guy who was streaming talked in chinese and then japanese at the end of the stream sounding pretty fluent and normal

I guess anime really fixes all problems
>>
>>138940218
I dont think you belong here
>>
>>138940478
>be a kid
>half of my entertainment is in english
>learn english to enjoy it easier
>be an adult
>half of my entertainment is in japanese
>learn japanese to enjoy it easier
Perfectly logical
>>
>>138941072
Does that mean I'll be watching a ton of german soap operas once I learn japanese and get old?
>>
>>138941399
I'll make sure to report back in 10-20 years later if I end up watching german soap operas
>>
File: ひめゴト.png (653 KB, 916x327) Image search: [Google]
ひめゴト.png
653 KB, 916x327
>無事1巻発売ができてとてき嬉しいです…
>できてとてき
I get that できて is 出来る but what is とてき?
>>
>there are people who do nothing but grind anki
>>
>>138941729
are there though
>>
>>138941729
There are?
>>
>>138941684
>無事1巻発売ができて、とても嬉しいです
>>
>>138941684
Pretty sure that's a も, mate.
>>138941757
I, for one.
>>
>>138941801
but why
>>
>>138941779
>>138941801
Damnit, I got fucked.
>>
>>138941814
There's just too much vocabulary. I felt I had to focus my efforts on it before doing anything else. I'll work through Tae Kim after I finish Core10k I think.
>>
>>138941853
that is incredibly stupid
So you plan on spending 1-2 years not interacting with the language at all while you grind bland vocabulary from core10k?
>>
>>138941853
I'm working on a core 125k deck just for people like you.
>>
>>138941684
Since the picture's already here, what does 続けてこられた mean here? That they were absorbed with making the continuation?
>>
What's your review schedule like? I'm trying to find a good time to play VNs.
>>
>>138941873
Yes. And I'll be that much more powerful coming out on other the side. Learning the language itself will be a easy when the vocabulary frame has been established.
>>138942002
It's the potential form of 続けてくる
>>
>>138942061
Does that expression roughly translate into that they were devoted into making the sequel?
>>
>>138942284
ここまで続けてこられた
continued up to this point
>>
私の悩み聞いてください。
私医学生です。
ふつう学ぶことが好きですが、なぜか大学の勉強は大嫌いです。
他の生徒たちと点数を比べるとか、テストの日の前に徹夜するとか、ストレスを感じるながら難しい本を読むとか、すべて話にならないほど疲れます。
来週から6月まで毎週テストがあります。休みやいんですが、勉強しなければまた今年も落第します。とても不安です。もう卒業せず年を取りたくありません。
この場合どうすればいいんですか。
>>
File: dragon_quest_x_wii_u_boxart (1).jpg (224 KB, 350x525) Image search: [Google]
dragon_quest_x_wii_u_boxart (1).jpg
224 KB, 350x525
>Learning with Tofugu and Genki
>Can feel my comprehension of kana and grammer getting better
>Not afraid of kanji
ALL FOR YOU BABY
ALL FOR YOU
>>
File: kyouko.png (73 KB, 219x213) Image search: [Google]
kyouko.png
73 KB, 219x213
>>138942390
うまくなる
>>
File: h scene vocab.png (36 KB, 615x311) Image search: [Google]
h scene vocab.png
36 KB, 615x311
Went through my first sex scene since I started mining and set a new record for # of words mined in a day. It would have been 20+ higher but I don't want to fill my deck with tons of sex words. Satsukoi is much more specific than Flyable Heart and uses lots of anatomical terms.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1123x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1123x500
>>138941729
I personally do not recommend it.
1 year in and I still haven't read anything and I've hardly progressed in the deck even though it's all I do. Getting a job really fucked me, you can even tell where i started it on my review count.
>>
>>138941853
That's retarded. There's a reason people read Tae Kim while grinding decks, the sooner you're able to start reading, the better.
>>
>>138942390
大学を落第し、日本語を習えよ少年
>>
File: 1373443818498[1].gif (56 KB, 636x299) Image search: [Google]
1373443818498[1].gif
56 KB, 636x299
>not playing the PC-98 masterpiece that is Possessioner

You beat up lesbians and have sex with them in a cyberpunk world, what's not to like.
>>
What the fuck? Core 10k starts repeating itself in the middle. Why does it have two identical sets of words?
>>
>>138942937
Japanese doesn't have more than 5k words.
>>
>>138942708
You're 223 days in, not 1 year.
And you've got them all spread out to make it that much worse. Anki is designed to be used every day.
>>
>>138942979
There's 20k cards in the deck and it seems that the second half is just first 10k words repeated with the current word blacked out from the reference sentence on the front.
>>
>>138943029
Does Anki use my own PC time or does it count a day as 24 hours after your last reps?
>>
>>138943115
It uses your PC time and adds new cards every 24 hours, I think at 3 or 4 AM by default depending on daylight savings
>>
>>138942937
>>138943045
Guess it's review only for me from now on. And mining.
>>
>>138943227
どうも
>>
Is there a DoJG deck that's ordered by usefulness/frequency/difficulty, or will I have to go through the entire alphabet of the dictionary while studying? I just finished Tae Kim, but remember only about a quarter of it (hopefully the rest comes back to me when I have to keep referencing it, if I recognize it in the first place).
>>
>>138943318
>grammar
>anki
>>
>>138943029
It's almost a year if you count when I was doing core 2k and kim before switching to this kanji deck.

And I am fully aware you are meant to do it every day but having a job, a crippling video game addiction and no self control ruined that. For whatever reason I just can't bring myself to study on the weekend. I am also incredibly slow on anki, my average answer time is 20 seconds per card.
>>
>>138943421
20 seconds is not so bad.
>>
File: 出来ない.jpg (126 KB, 772x525) Image search: [Google]
出来ない.jpg
126 KB, 772x525
>>138940218
>>
File: kyouko6.jpg (24 KB, 599x334) Image search: [Google]
kyouko6.jpg
24 KB, 599x334
>>138943421
>no self control
できない
>>
>>138943378

dojg deck is pretty useful anon.
>>
>>138943421
>no self control

>>
>>138943449
I know there are a lot of people that post fake study recaps but generally I don't think I've ever seen a single person with a worse time to cards ratio than me which is disheartening. Thanks for encouraging me though, I don't plan on giving up I'm just upset with my pace and inconsistency.
>>
>>138943421
できなくない
>>
Xの1丁を読みする
Is that a proper way to use the page counter?
>>
Do you guys ever go through periods where stuff you were reading fine before suddenly feels incomprehensible?

I've been reading this LN and had gotten to a point where I felt I could read it well, but picking it up again today I feel like I can't even parse the sentences.
>>
File: 1397403639130.png (137 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1397403639130.png
137 KB, 300x200
>>138943602
>not 出来無い
溺内
>>
>>138943882
Yes
>>
I'm having trouble deciphering a sentence and I would like some help.

「何が得策なのかは、今となってはもうわかりにくいが。

得も策も、今となっては彼女から縁通い漢字になってしまったように思える」

I don't understand what 縁通い漢字 means. Google and Jisho did not help much.
>>
>>138944835
Both of the kanji 得 and 策 (as in, both of their meanings) seem quite far from her
>>
>>138945122
Oh shit, I see it now. Can't believe I missed that, it makes perfect sense now. Thank you!
>>
>>138944835
「縁遠い」e n do o i  の事では無いかな?
>>
Is there an option to increase the font size of the hover definitions in the latest Translator Aggregator? It looks really tiny on my monitor.
>>
>>138945598
I'm probably on an old version, but View->Tooltip Font
>>
File: 無題.png (4 KB, 452x31) Image search: [Google]
無題.png
4 KB, 452x31
post your funny rikai definitions
>>
File: nekomimi.png (1 MB, 1096x582) Image search: [Google]
nekomimi.png
1 MB, 1096x582
>>138945907
>>
File: wat.png (12 KB, 93x154) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
12 KB, 93x154
Does アドレナる just mean 'when high on adrenaline' or something? Can't find any definition for it anywhere, even in moon.
>>
>>138946229
It's jocular but yes, you can infer that's basically what it's supposed to mean.
>>
>>138946251
>jocular
What makes it so funny?

It's just odd though, googling doesn't really seem to turn up anything in that form, I think the author made up a fucking verb. Should be laws against that.
>>
>>138945907
カルピス
>>
>>138946280

People make up words all the time.
>>
>>138946405
You can't just make up a verb.
>>
>>138946416

Verbate:

To modify a noun or adjective to create a verb.

:^)
>>
>>138946416
Sure you can
>>
>>138946416
wanikani yourself
>>
>>138946451
>>138946453
>>138946486
Disgusting.
>>
>>138946486
Dude, you should never wish that other people dekinai like that.
>>
>>138946416
You do know languages were "made up" by people and didn't just pop into existence, right?
>>
File: BUSSHU SURU.jpg (584 KB, 2072x2392) Image search: [Google]
BUSSHU SURU.jpg
584 KB, 2072x2392
>>138946416
>You can't just make up a verb.
Unless you're this guy.
>>
>>138938639
>>138938768
In case you don't see my response in feedback:
>Given it's only the basic volume, I'm not really sure where the best place for it right now would be. Maybe next to the DoJG scan downloads in the CoR? Anyways, re-upload this to a folder on mega and link the folder here so you can update it / add the other volumes without me having to update the links every time.
>>
File: NYR.jpg (339 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
NYR.jpg
339 KB, 1280x1024
>>138946512
凶? no...... I'm a bi
>>
File: 1430835013324.jpg (79 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1430835013324.jpg
79 KB, 720x720
I just read 迸る correctly without looking it up, holy shit.
>>
>>138946679
hot basil
>>
>>138946679
おめでとう
You've achieved upper-beginner-level and may now begin giving advice to newcomers about any aspect of the language even if you haven't learned it yet yourself, and acting smug if anyone corrects you because half the thread won't know better anyway.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
とんでもない
ぼくたち
生きのびたいから
逃げてるんだよ
>>
File: Main.jpg (36 KB, 640x415) Image search: [Google]
Main.jpg
36 KB, 640x415
>>138946794
>>
File: 1427535453953.png (113 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1427535453953.png
113 KB, 255x256
>>138946855
>>
>啜
>a mouth and four crotches
>suck

ebin
>>
File: 1455801852095.jpg (341 KB, 664x1675) Image search: [Google]
1455801852095.jpg
341 KB, 664x1675
Anyone else feeling suicidal after study sessions? It feels like the more I study, the less I know.
>>
>>138947173
Not really. I've learned to enjoy the journey rather than focusing on end goals or worrying about how much is left to go. You'll be a lot happier that way.

There's a lot of memehard material I'm interested in, but there's also a ton of easier material I'm interested in too, so there's honestly no need to be in such a rush if I'm going to be reading all of that stuff eventually anyways. It's better to enjoy yourself and take your time reading things that interest you while gradually turning up the difficulty over time.
>>
>>138947173
I feel suicidal after completing my daily Anki reps.
I'm thinking of giving up on them entirely and just reading compelling content with the time I'd normally spend on Anki.
>>
>>138947394
You should, reading is far more useful than doing reps. I stopped doing my reps after about a year of studying and was completely fine.
>>
>>138931683
this helped a lot with finding foot smut on pixiv
>>
>>138947394
Just reading alone isn't good enough though. You need to treat the reading like a study.
It's really easy to focus too much on the meaning of the sentence you're reading and forget that the main goal is to acquire vocab.
>>
>みんなシャイなんだな、きっと。それでいてむっつり助平なのだ。きっとそうだ。
>Believe me, everyone appears to be shy. And yet the taciturn person is lewd. No doubt.
Three questions:
What's the 'ん' doing here?
Did I get the 'だな' right?
An alternative would be 'the taciturn person's mind is dirty', but would that be too much?
>>
>>138947887
>And yet the taciturn person is lewd.

If you don't mind me saying, this is a very awkward sounding sentence.
>>
>>138947901
Well if we take 'むっつり', the sentence could also be: the sullen, lewd guy is dirty-minded.
>>
>>138947887
>taciturn person
Had to google this
>What's the 'ん' doing here
It's a casual explanation
>>
>>138947887
>きっと
>Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
Naze nanda, nipponjin?
>>
>>138947955
>surely; undoubtedly; almost certainly; most likely (e.g. 90 percent)
>slang for believe me, no doubt, I'm sure
>>
>>138948019
I know what it means, anon. I found out when i looked it up. Im just baffled as to why a concept like that needs a mimetic word.
>>
>tfw only done anki today
>tfw no progress on Tae Kim
>tfw watch daredevil season 2 all day instead
出来ない。
>>
File: imouto.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
おはようおにいちゃん

>>138937444
ずいぶんマニアックな熟語だね

無くした手足があるように痛いんだってね

せいぶつの脳ってふしぎ

>>138946229
アドレナると=興奮すると、だとおもうよ
>>
Which Kanji anki deck is best? The Kanjidamage one seems pretty obnoxious but the nihongoshark one lacks readings
>>
>>138949085
They all suck. If you want the best, get the ichi-moe deck, but know that it's information overload and will be difficult to memorize things from.
>>
>>138932024
Lopà
>>
File: 1458256879949.jpg (66 KB, 1601x750) Image search: [Google]
1458256879949.jpg
66 KB, 1601x750
What is Dekinai's Stand?
>>
File: can't.png (948 KB, 1953x1665) Image search: [Google]
can't.png
948 KB, 1953x1665
>>
>>138949119
>but know that it's information overload and will be difficult to memorize things from.
Sounds like learning Japanese to me. I will try it, thanks.
>>
謝謝
감사합니다
ありがとうございます
Thank You
>>
>>138949541
>>
Going through one of those phases where doing anki is unbearable, pretty annoying
>>
File: 明日から本気を出す.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
明日から本気を出す.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>138949674
Same.
My retention today was like 50%
>>
>>138949715
I wonder what causes it, the past couple of weeks I've been dominating that shit getting like 90% retention, but now I just can't deal with it at all
>>
>>138949778
Yeah I don't know.
I'm gonna hold off on doing new cards for a day or two to catch up on my reviews.
I think adding new cards right now when I'm doing terrible on just my reviews will just make it worse.
>>
File: dekinai.png (70 KB, 668x369) Image search: [Google]
dekinai.png
70 KB, 668x369
It all comes tumbling down.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.