[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit why didn't anyone tell me that Slayers was so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: slayers.jpg (62 KB, 600x240) Image search: [Google]
slayers.jpg
62 KB, 600x240
Holy shit why didn't anyone tell me that Slayers was so entertaining?

Someone compared it to KonoSuba and I find the comparison somewhat apt, at least in terms of tone. Late 90s anime a best.
>>
>>138921502
It was my gateway into anime.
You got good taste, Anon.
>>
No one can tell you anything if you've never seen a Slayers thread before.
>>
File: 1454988819691.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454988819691.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
i already liked explosions back then
>>
File: Slayers_xellos027.jpg (70 KB, 622x600) Image search: [Google]
Slayers_xellos027.jpg
70 KB, 622x600
They have a ton of similarities and I'm sure the author based Magumin on Lina at least partially.

Slayers becomes much more serious than Konosuba eventually though.
>>
Slayers is good, even though it peaks at Slayers Next and never get as good after sadly.
>>
>>138923956

LoN-possessed Lina destroying Phibby is one of my favourite moments ever in anime.
>>
File: slayers.png (68 KB, 968x414) Image search: [Google]
slayers.png
68 KB, 968x414
Who has best subs?
>>
>>138924183
The official subs are good enough. That's what I watched before p2p clients existed.
>>
Slayers anime shot itself in the foot with filler. Slayers TRY was an attempt to connect a new sci-fi Slayers in Space IP by the same author, which ended up flopping pretty badly.

And then years later someone said, "hey lets reboot Slayers because mai waifu has been retired for the last 10 years and we really want to hear her again" but then Revolution's story was non-canon shit that JUST FUCKING USED REZO THE DED PRIEST AS THE VILLAIN--AGAIN!

Meanwhile they could've adapted the later works which canonically would've been what was happening after Slayers NEXT, but apparently didn't want to.
>>
>>138921502
>Holy shit why didn't anyone tell me that Slayers was so entertaining?
Because you should have watched it in the 90's.
>>
>>138924545
That's what I was expecting when I heard Slayers was getting a reboot, a continuation of the LNs. Boy was I disappointed.
>>
>>138923956
Honestly Try and Next were my favorite series.Revolution and Evolution were okay but a major downgrade.I never understood the hate Try gets.
>>
File: 1314916142374.jpg (29 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
1314916142374.jpg
29 KB, 278x278
>>138921502
>not knowing about Slayers

Come on, anon. It's 2016
>>
>>138925489
Exactly. Millennium kiddies are just now finding out about the good stuff.
>>
>>138925614
I don't get what's the issue with this. They have to start somewhere.

Also did you watch Maze? Another great comedy on the same vein and with lots of explosions and lewding.
>>
>>138925489
I knew about Slayers a decade ago. I just didn't watch it until now.
>>
>>138921502
Have fun OP.

I'll check my torrents so you can grab the light novels from that place.
>>
>>138925865
Maze is dreadfully underrated. It has everything: mecha, fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, action, ecchi, gender-bending, incest , ...
And a kick-ass opening.
>>
>>138925865
No issue just stating the facts. Didn't mean to come across sounding elitist.
>>
>>138926116
Objectively the ED was better.
But I agree with the rest. And that fucking OVA.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.