[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Anime the most mainstream in these western countries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: italyspainfrance.jpg (11 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
italyspainfrance.jpg
11 KB, 267x189
For Spain I am counting Catalan area here.

I mean, outside of a couple of Southeast Asia countries, Italy, Spain and France, Anime is not very well accepted by the mainstream no?

In France and Italy older generations grew knowing up what Anime was, and saw many great Series from the 70's and 80's such as Rose of Versailles, Lupin III, Cobra, Hokuto no Ken and so on.
In Spain, Shin Chan and Doraemon reached Simpsons Status. Unimaginable in other countries.

Elsewhere Anime starts and ends with Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Dragon Ball. And maybe Saint Seiya if you live in Latin America.
>>
>>138921089
In Mexico there's quite a bunch of filthy weeaboos.

In Argentina, Robotech and Spirited Away are quite popular.
>>
>>138921194

hmmm...but you woudn't find some thirty year old or older go and say "Ah, I love Lupin III its my favoruite cartoon!". Or similar.

Like I said, be as famous as the Simpsons.
>>
>>138921089
Why do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>138921411
its a different topic

maybe i should have used a different picture
>>
>>138921285
Yes, with Robotech yes.
>>
File: 1450145654535.jpg (37 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
1450145654535.jpg
37 KB, 500x407
Anime was a thing at least as a kid show here in winland. Cons are pretty popular too given the size of the country.
>>
>>138921597

Cons mean nothing to be honest.
>>
File: 1458492937917.png (80 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458492937917.png
80 KB, 200x200
>>138921671
Well do you have better way to find out about mediums popularity?
>>
>>138921089
I'm 37 years old and spanish. When I was a teenager *everyone* watched anime, it wasn't some thing that put you into some specific marginal group of weeaboos.

Still at my age not anything people are going to frown upon. Kids might be a different thing, though.
>>
Fuck off back to >>>/int/ with your shitposting

Dubs and saged
>>
>>138921089
you already posted the same thread and had all the answers you wanted, though
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.