[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it me, or do anime that are based off of light novels, only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Jibril.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jibril.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
is it me, or do anime that are based off of light novels, only ever get one season? 2 if their lucky?
>>
The point of almost all LN based anime is to sell LNs and merch related to those LNs.
>>
>>138914368
how come they never release light novels in english?

I'd buy some of they did.
>>
because

>watch anime
>get interested in series
>buy novels

the objective was accomplished and there's no reason to spend any more money on another advertisement

>>138914410
they do but the quality varies from "good" to "google translate"-tier
>>
>>138914410
The west already has a shit ton of YA novels.
>>
>>138914410

America has its own genre content.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000134731

>>138915773

But they didn't even animate Harry Potter!

Fuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfm_qtMOz7E
>>
>>138914254
pretty sure suzumiya haruhi no something got more than 2 seasons.

then again, it was different times.
>>
>>138914254
Ive heard rumors that a second season is happening. A publisher accidently mentioned something about a second season, but its possible he may have been confused with some other property.
>>
>>138915773
Where are the ones with cute anime girls, harems, lots of moe characters, lewd lolis, anime illustrations done by Japanese, and no gross 3DPD character aspects in them?
>>
>>138916744

Teen girls section of the book store.

Try not to be a creep. Do a quick pass, nab some books, tell the clerk you're buying them for your daughter/niece/sister depending on your age and general appearance.
>>
>>138914254
>Monogatari
>Shakugan no Shana
>Durarara
>Full Metal Panic
All had 3 or more seasons
>>
>>138914254
I want to hold hands with Jibril.
>>
>>138916829
I didn't ask for a cheeky shitpost. I asked for actual examples that fit all of those requirements without it being a stretch. And I'm sure that those would have gross 3DPD behavior and focus on male-fanservice at the forefront.
>>
>>138914254
It's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of not being shit.
>haha who cares about making sense if the writing is so zany xD!
>>
>>138916915
You do realize that your /v/-style greentext applies to 4koma-based slice of life plots more, if anything, right?
>>
>>138916339
What a newfag. Don't speak about different times if you weren't even there at the time.
>>
>>138916877

You said "where" not for names of any works.
>>
>>138918274
If you can't come up with any examples to back up your claim, it isn't worth shit. It's better to just be honest and admit it, than try to be a smartass.
>>
>>138918381
Maybe you should ask properly if you want answers.
>>
>>138918626

And probably /lit/ is more appropriate.
>>
>>138918678
/lit/ hates all of those aspects asked about with a burning passion and probably can't come up with an example worth shit there.
>>
>>138918777

Say it ain't so, Shoeless Joe!
>>
>>138916744
Try the kingkiller chronical series, i got super anime vibes from it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.