[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember me /a/? I was the first. The first clue something is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 190150.jpg (21 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
190150.jpg
21 KB, 225x350
Remember me /a/?

I was the first.
The first clue something is very wrong in an otherwise idyllic world.

You didn't notice did you?
>>
Rayko
>>
>>138912063
You cant even remember the name right!

you never noticed her disappearance, admit it. You didnt listening to the warning signs and coutless anime children died because of this apathy.
>>
>>138911978
I only remember some oppai loli.
>>
>>138912176
That's one thing, it was amazing.
I totally forgot about her, she was irelevant but I didn't notice at all when she vanished
>>
>>138912342
I wouldn't call her irrelevant. she was the first hint.
>>
>>138911978
They spell it out also it's the reason I hated the cast they didn't care about her even before she died.
>>
>>138911978
I got caught by the red herring saki dropped about Maria.
>>
>>138911978
I remember. I was a little upset that Saki didn't remember her at the end because her head was filled with Shun and Maria, though.

The manga extras with her as a ghost were cute.
>>
>>138911978
Why was she erased again? Because she is a squib?
>>
>>138913099
What? Their memories were modified to forget her
>>
>>138914778
no she was just weaker

>>138914990
but they never cared in the first place, Shun has almost as little backstory and were supposed to care when he kicks the bucket. I didn't mind Satoru though at least he got shit done.
>>
>>138915170
The story is a book written by Saki, and she wanted to ride shun into the sunset.
>>
Yes, I noticed. Everything was so fucking comfy, once she disappeared I knew this anime was out to fuck with my emotions.
>>
>>138912900
The first hint was Saki's parents flipping their shit in episode 1. Or maybe the first scene where a bunch of people get murdered by an edgelord.
>>
Nah, I'm a moron
>>
>>138917547

Being one of the early cantus users must have been fun.

Until the government decided to start an extermination war of course.
>>
File: dare.jpg (29 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
dare.jpg
29 KB, 680x382
>>138913099
>>138915170
I don't really remember much, but wasn't she the latest addition to their group? If I remember correctly saki meets her for the first time after she's accepted in the esper school and the others introduce reiko to her. Saki already knew maria, shun and satrou so it's understandable that she would care about the kids she spent more years with.

They still wonder years later why their team has 5 memebers instead of 6, so they still notice she's missing in a way.

The fact that even in the end Saki can't remember her own sister is much worse.
>>
>>138921002
Wasn't she born after her sister died?
>>
>>138911978
Poor kid. Even Saki didn't remember her.
>>
>>138921002
I was kind of hoping she'd be brought back in some kind of reveal that played off the fact that she was forgotten, but nope.
>>
>>138911978
You're joking right? Anime had the atmosphere of a horror show from episode 1.

I'm actually surprised at how well they managed to pull it off despite the shoestring budget.
>>
File: image6[1].jpg (100 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image6[1].jpg
100 KB, 1024x768
>>138921176
Maybe it was the use of colors, or the lack of showing faces but it was eerie as hell.
>>
>>138921335
>>
>>138911978
I didn't notice because I hadn't managed to put names to faces before I dropped this snoozefest following the 3 episode rule.
>>
>>138921335
The episode where that old bitch is telling a story about the fiend was downright frightening. I don't think any anime has actually given me chills like that outside of maybe Higurashi.
>>
File: Izumi.jpg (27 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.jpg
27 KB, 680x383
>>138921103
Oh so it was like that? I guess that makes sense, since she's the only one she doesn't remember. Naming your kid "second daughter" after the first one has died is pretty fucked up though.

>>138921129
Well she exist in the story to showcase what happends with "weakest link in the chain" kids, the same way the asshole in the second episode is there to show what happens with rotten eggs kids, and shun is there to show karma demons in person.
>>
>>138921986
I thought Saki's name meant "youngest child" or "last-born child?" Like, a reference to the fact that they were giving up on having kids after her?

I also like how that dropped a clue about the characters' names having meaning. Maria, Satoru, Shun and Mamoru have "meaning" too.
>>
Mutant society is fucked up, real humans (known as queerats by the monsters) are the future.
>>
The guy who was translating the novel is almost done, just letting you know.
>>
>>138922050
>I thought Saki's name meant "youngest child" or "last-born child?"
Ah yes that's right. I still find it pretty macabre to name her that after the older sister died.

The meaningful names are really nice touch after the reveals. But seems like even the author was mocking mamoru, giving him that name. Being mamoru is suffering.
>>
The system is fucked up. People are probably killing more children than any war would kill.
And the system doesn't even work. It was supposed to prevent human killing yet shitton of people died in the show.
The main heroine learns everything about the system and its flaws yet she decides to join it in the end.
What a fucking pussy.

Also I raged really hard when I learned that Maria and that other guy were betrayed and killed by rats for their baby. Anyone who defends those shitty creatures must burn in hell.
>>
>>138922460
To me it means something happened offscreen (maybe in the novel?) that involved him trying to be a protector. The fact that two of them wound up dead and one had a name like that paints a picture for me.
>>
The only thing i dislike about the series is that we could have seen the rise of the freaks and empires and shit but we only saw the rebellion of the last innocent man on Earth.
>>
>>138922651
But we see series like that all the time and they are always trash. Go watch (or read) Tokyo ESP.
>>
>>138922538
>Also I raged really hard when I learned that Maria and that other guy were betrayed and killed by rats for their baby. Anyone who defends those shitty creatures must burn in hell.

That's not even the worst part about it. The worst part is that Mamoru probably got killed off extremely early on (in his sleep right after she got pregnant)and Maria got lobotomized, forcefully kept alive and forced to give birth to the child just like how they've been doing to the broodmothers.
>>
>>138922727
I remember liking the first episode of anime and then it turned to shit. Is manga better?
>>
>>138922807
Nah, the manga really isn't much better. I wasn't trying to recommend it as a good attempt at what you're describing, more as an example of how that concept sounds better in theory than it turns out to be in practice.

I guess in a way Darker than Black is also kind of doing the "rise of the mutants" thing.
>>
You guys seem pretty knowledgable. Just letting you know there's a SSY wiki if you feel bored and want to help develop some of the articles. http://shinsekaiyori.wikia.com
>>
>>138922538
>The main heroine learns everything about the system and its flaws yet she decides to join it in the end.
What option does she have? How would you fix the system after everything Tomiko said? Honest question.

>>138922651
>the last innocent man on Earth.
No he wasn't. He was as bad as the kamisamas.

Also besides Finland and India being nuked by espers, america doing fine because of muh guns, and east asia going to hell with their horrible emperors we don't really know much about what happend to the rest of world.
>>
>>138923109
>What option does she have? How would you fix the system after everything Tomiko said?
I don't think I can come up with any good idea in 10 minutes, but she has her whole life to figure that out. I'm pissed that ending implies that she doesn't even consider changing anything.
>>
Talking about this show on /a/ is depressing. It always shows how retarded the general /a/ user is.
>>
>>138923109
>Also besides Finland and India being nuked by espers, america doing fine because of muh guns, and east asia going to hell with their horrible emperors we don't really know much about what happend to the rest of world.

When do we learn about that?
>>
File: EmperorofDelight.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EmperorofDelight.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>138924156
The novel, minoshiro chapter and a bit during tomiko exposition I believe. Some of it made it to the show, but most of it like the emperors was cut.

The minoshiro explains that america was able to counter most fiends because of their guns laws. Still one fiend is enough to nuke an entire country, but the minoshiro doesn't really knows what happens in america after that modern civilization's collapse.

Fiends are also known as Raman-Klogius syndrome, becuase one indian and one finish boy that were apparently the most terrible cases of the disease and rampaged across Mumbai and Helsinki killing tens of thousands.

Finally, since they have the records, there's a detailed explanation of the japanese esper emperors and their feats. Some pretty ugly shit. This guy wasn't even the worst one.
>>
>>138925303
>Still one fiend is enough to nuke an entire country

Isn't that a bit of an exaggeration ?

I mean just judging from all the fiends we've seen so far, they could at most kill only humans that were in their field of view. They would have long died of starvation or exhaustion if they tried to cross the entire country continuously killing stuff. (Especially something the size of US)
>>
>>138925849
You are right yes, fiends exhaust themselves to death. I didn't meant to say fiends, but kantus users in general, since america was killing anyone with powers. But no matter how many of them they kill, one kantus user, just a regular one with shun's level of power, would be all it takes to destroy the country. After all it was only japan implemented all those power restrictions.

Also there's still all the warping and mutations product of subconscious power leakage (like what happend to tokyo), and karma demons. So you really have to remove every single one of them to be sure.

Either way america still managed to do better than most countries as fas as minoshiro records go. After that is all speculation.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.