[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your Lie in April Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
This anime...
>>
>>138902736
Is garbage. It makes you cry =/= quality.
>>
>>138902736
I loved every second of it, even if it had serious pacing issues where they wasted so much painting for the piano recitals.

I get that the series is about music, but they used full episodes for a single song. Disgusting.
>>
>>138902804
I know what you mean. Still couldn't stop watching though.
>>
Overrated garbage.
>>
>>138902887
Is it really, though? I hadn't even heard of it until Netflix recommended it to me.
>>
Nagi is best grill.
>>
>>138902922
Netflix is a good judge of anime now?
>>
>>138902979
I am not saying anything about Netflix or it's anime selection; I'm just saying I hadn't heard of it until then.
>>
>>138902736
Try not to talk about good anime here.
If you couldn't tell alot of people can't handle that.
>>
>>138902804
Unfortunately, it doesn't even accomplish it's job. It's not even a good anime about music. Nodame is superior in all aspects and doesn't employ cheap plot lines to make you feel.
>>
>>138903393
Apparently.
>>
File: 2562345.png (13 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
2562345.png
13 KB, 405x344
>>138902922
>2016 /a/
>>
>>138902922
Jesus christ /a/ has really gone to shit
>>
>>138902922
>until Netflix recommended it to me.
Please stop posting on /a/.
>>
Was there NTR in it? I dropped it after two episodes because the blonde girl seemed like a whore to be honest.
>>
>>138902736
is shit.

let me sum it up for you, betamax MC meets dying cocktease girl who while inspired by betamax once upon a time feels nothing for him. Fearing death, the girl decides to imprint upon him her existence so that her music will continue to live on through him, it was her way of seeking life after death. Overall, a nobel and even respectable goal, but rather then imprinting on him her music and passion for it, she cock teases him until he falls in love with her, making her impression this way, she seems to have a small pang of conscience toward the end of her life, realizing betamax was made into a betamax cripple due to losing his mother; she seems to recognise the flaw in her plan, so leaves a letter for him explaining how she used him, in order to prevent him from becoming crippled (musically) after her death; which of course would sort of foil her plan to live on in his music.

Overall it was convoluted, melodramatic and nonsensical. No dying 14 yo girl thinks like this, heck even the worst 16yo twilight fangirl wouldn't think like this. For someone dying of key aids she's amazingly healthy and attractive. Having buried several close family members after long battles with illness, i can assure you none of them looked remotely better then a corpse not long after getting sick.

Of course MC was unlikeable, main girl was even less likeable, as she was a lying manipulative bitch (all be it with forgivable motivation, it still was very selfish how she went about her actions). so with two likeable leads, a supporting cast that didn't matter, and a bunch of key aids and forced drama it was the perfect bait for newfags and 12yos to pretend they just saw something "profound" without knowing what that word even means.
>>
(cont)

then there is the music. The director obviously never listened to classical music. He clearly didn't get it or even like it. I can almost forgive the key aids and forced drama, even the unlikeable main characters. however a show about classical music should be directed by someone who gets classical music.

If you want to see a far superior anime revolving around classical music watch Nodame Cantabile. That is an excellent example of the difference between a director who LOVES classical music and one who doesn't get it. The difference shines through both series loud and clear, and the lack of appreciation for the music is sort of the most offensive part about this anime to me.
>>
>>138904774
>Was there NTR in it? I dropped it after two episodes because the blonde girl seemed like a whore to be honest.
only in the sense she intentionally was dating best bro to get close to MC, so she could cocktease him so that he "never forgets her" and then she can "live on" through his music. And no, she never loved either of the guys she toys with. Granted she's dying, but the way she goes about the last days of her life is selfish, nonsensical and mean.

Yes, Seriously.
>>
>>138902804
Yes, I'm not the only one! If they had made it 12, or even 15 episodes, I'm sure the pacing would've been perfect. Instead, I figured out what was going to happen after a couple episodes and got bored. Both OPs though, fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.