[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All You Need is Kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: All You Need Is Kill.jpg (405 KB, 877x1280) Image search: [Google]
All You Need Is Kill.jpg
405 KB, 877x1280
The manga isn't better than the Movie.

Is the actual book worth reading? Any notable differences between it and the manga?
>>
Book>Manga>Movie

The manga is a faithful adaption of the book and damn how can you think the movie ending was any way good?
>>
>>138883990
>The manga isn't better than the movie

At this point in time i knew this thread had to be a bait.
>>
All You Need is Kill yourself
>>
>>138886409
The MC personality sucks in the manga and the mimics seemed a lot more intresting in the movie.

Not to mention the way the romance between MC and Rita was handled like some kiddy shit in the manga, then again what do i expect from nip writing?
>>
Kill is all you need
>>
>>138888126
>then again what do i expect from nip writing?
Japanese writing is superior to all Western writing in everything, even romance. If you disagree, you don''t belong here, Western casual.
>>
>>138888310
You don't get to tell me where i belong faggot.

Face it, Nipe can't into romance which is why their birth rates are declining.
>>
File: Best everything.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Best everything.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>138885652
>Manga>Movie
>He doesn't like Tom "man of action" Cruise
>Prefering high school manga Rita.
Get out faggot.
>>
>>138888953
Yeah they really made Rita has some cute moe face when she's supposed to be a soldier.
>>
>>138885652

The movie's ending wasn't great, but at least Keiji feels like a real person in it. Unlike the book and the manga where he barely has a personality, he's an asshole and a coward in the movie and he actually has character development. Half the time, the original work feels devoid of any actual soul.
>>
>>138888953
nothing about the movie... only that the story is a Starting cage's war... not finishing it

rita cake should had died
>>
>>138885652
Book/ Manga ending seems like typical wank material for Japan's tragedyboner. The movie felt like it had more catharsis. For once I actually think a Hollywood adaptation has merit in its own right instead of just being a poor ripoff.

Plus I enjoyed seeing Tom Cruise level up from a spineless, whiny scumbag into level 999 asskicker through sheer grinding and willpower.

At first I had iffy thoughts about it because the Jackets didn't look as /m/ as they should have been, but now looking back, it was a great fucking Western adaptation. Some of the shit like Keiji getting the battleaxe was just too anime and would have looked campy in a bad way in live action.

100% faithful live action adaptations of manga material always end up looking like shit. Liberties do need to be taken. Just look at AoT. Style was the least of its problems, but the entire thing just didn't work.
>>
>>138883990
The manga is great for the art and rita. That fucking end though.
>>
Hey guys what should i watch first, kill la kill, all you need is kill or akame ga kill?
>>
>>138891641

All You Need is Akame ga Kill la Kill
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.