[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel when your favorite artist traces? Is it justified
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 立ち絵.jpg (100 KB, 855x1200) Image search: [Google]
立ち絵.jpg
100 KB, 855x1200
How do you feel when your favorite artist traces?

Is it justified considering how much work do they have to do?
>>
>>138880493
Every artist traces, the fuck you going on about
>>
>>138880493
are you saying zankuro traced someones artwork?

or some artist you like traced a zankuro peice
>>
File: binahF.jpg (51 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
binahF.jpg
51 KB, 533x800
Tracing is only bad for two reasons. One is if you are learning how to draw, tracing is bad because it means that you aren't actually learning, you're just copying. Tracing can also be bad when you are plagiarizing someone else's work, ie tracing existing art.

Most actively working artists trace in one way shape or form because in a lot of cases it can only be the only way to make deadlines. Any decent artist can draw a hand, but not everyone has the time it takes to construct one from scratch so a lot of artists will shoot reference of their hand and directly trace that because it's much faster and means that they can produce more art.

Peter Morbacher did a few podcasts explaining the reality of working in the art industry that I'm too lazy to find, where he has no problem admitting he'll trace parts of paintings to meet deadlines. A few other artists admit to it as well, but there's such a large misunderstanding about when and where it's appropriate to trace that most don't bother.

Also OP's image isn't traced, it's referenced at best.
>>
>>138881445
Zankuro traced from some 3D program.
>>
>>138880493
Zankuro traces? Hard for me to believe.
>>
>>138881773
Tracing's a problem when you blatantly copy someone else's work.

Using it to stay on model like he likely is isn't really a problem unless you want to argue it proves he lacks confidence or the genuine skill in his ability to do so without help.
>>
>>138881819
Where does he keep his plump lolis?
>>
I'm unaware of my favorite artist doing any sort of tracing.
>>
It's not tracing if what you're drawing is completely different from what's underneath the drawing.

Spoiler alert: Artists commonly use models and other helpful devices when they draw, by basing the drawing off the helpful device. What that artist did is not only acceptable but commonplace.
>>
Even some of the best artists trace. It's very useful for getting specific poses right (like Inoue did for Slam Dunk, I don't believe people think he is a shit artist). Some take photos for their background, trace and rearrange it, or worst, use photoshop filters.
It's a convenient way for artists under strict deadlines to get thei work done.
Sure, it sucks, but as long as it doesn't go to straight rip off territory, I wouldn't get mad.
>>
File: 200.jpg (20 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
20 KB, 300x100
>>138881445
>zankuro

Did he ever work on Disgaea? The art and music in his flashes seems like it.
>>
>>138882586
No. At best people hope that if NIS is still alive and does it, they grab him for Disgaea 6 since even Harada left.
>>
File: 021.jpg (321 KB, 1200x1861) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
321 KB, 1200x1861
>>138882586
Nah, but he and Harada have worked together before
>>
>>138880493
This isn't even much of a trace. Like, the face shape and angle, sure, but he kinda winged it with everything else.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.