[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so boring? How would you have made it better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 23489879.jpg (721 KB, 1700x2209) Image search: [Google]
23489879.jpg
721 KB, 1700x2209
ITT post your opinions and fight with other anons about why theirs is stupid
>>
It was great.

8-8.5/10
>>
>inb4 butthurt group x does y because z
>>
File: read the vn.jpg (34 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
read the vn.jpg
34 KB, 1024x576
Fuck off secondary and read the VN
>>
>>138869376
It also had plot holes
>>
It was boring because it was just like the VN
>>
>>138869412
Really?

Saber's development sucked. Caster's sucked. Illya and Herc were done badly, and hardly.

Shirou's primary development was done in an episode and a half long conversation.

Kirei' role and death was dumb (I know this is a VN related issue, but that doesn't matter here)
>>
>>138869431
I did. It's not great

There's some interesting themes, but for the most part, 90% of the plotpoints feel completely and almost intentionally transparent, like the whole thing was written for 12 year old kids.
>>
>>138869529
I actually liked Saber's development more than in the VN for UBW. The comparisons with Shirou during the Archer fight were great.

Caster could have been better but she wasn't bad. Illya and Herc were great, I don't know what you are talking about.

Shirou's development is the same as the VN. It's very subtle, and most of it happens after a realization during his fight with Archer.
>>
>>138869376
Adapt something else that isn't written by Nasu
>>
It's an okay adaptation to an okay VN with interesting setting.

My only problem is that bamco forced ufotable to have God Eater air right after FSN. It fucked up both shows.
>>
>>138869620
>I actually liked Saber's development more than in the VN for UBW.

It was all shoveled in there so quickly, though. It felt like such a flimsy and patch job completion of her characterization in Zero.

>Caster could have been better but she wasn't bad.
All her development was done through mid series flashbacks. She was a boring, kiddy cackler of a villain in the VN, and she was the same in the anime. Should have revised her characterization, taken her character a little more seriously, and started her development sequentially, from the beginning.

>Illya and Herc were great, I don't know what you are talking about.
Again, all done in a big mid series, episodic flashback that happens immediately before they die. Was boring in the VN, boring in the anime. Their scenes looked great, though.

>Shirou's development is the same as the VN. It's very subtle.
It came across as more subtle in the VN, I felt. The logic of it, as well, was a bit patchy and inconsistent, and most of all, you as the viewer are not in a position where you really give a fuck about Shirou's feelings and experiences. His angry righteousness doesn't mean anything for him as a character. It just feels like hollow moral grandstanding that we're supposed to care about, but don't.
>>
>>138869528
This, all jokes aside.
>>
>>138869376
Make the original about 20-30 hours shorter
>>
>>138870028
It feels like you are critizising the VN instead of the anime though. And you can't really judge the route on its own, it's part of the whole FSN, and needs to be considered in context.

I can't be unbiased with my opinions, but my grade is as an adaptation, taking into account the VN, because I can't really not consider it having had read it a few times.
>>
>>138870134
>It feels like you are critizising the VN instead of the anime though.

UBW was just the VN directly translated to anime.

How people can read F/SN multiple times is beyond my comprehension.
>>
The route was okay, but anime Shirou was more annoying since you can't really read all his mental thoughts and he ended up being more obnoxious.
>>
UBW was the worst route anyway.
>>
Rin developement is inexistant in the anime couple good scene with shirou are bland compare to the vn.
>>
More Rin, Ero scenes with Rin.
>>
>>138872253
>people actually expected something to happen in the anime
oh kek
>>
File: bestdad.png (935 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bestdad.png
935 KB, 1280x720
>>138869376
bestdad is dead.
>>
>>138869431
The VN is mostly boring too though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.