[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I just... Meet my waifu? How can you tell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
Did I just... Meet my waifu? How can you tell?
>>
It'll be cool, you'll know
>>
When you see her is your first reaction to find the hottest doujin? If so no_
If you see her your heart goes doki doki then maybe.
>>
If you're still thinking about her after next season or in 2 seasons then she is. If not then she's just a seasonal waifu
>>
Ask yourself whether this is how love feels to you.
>>
Want to know the real way you can tell?

You know that slight feeling of disgust you get after you finish masturbating?

Find the most vanilla doujinshi of your prospective waifu you can. If that doesn't exist use your imagination to produce the most lovey dovey sex you can with her.

When you finish you'll either feel nothing, slight disgust like normal or of she really is your waifu an intense desire to cuddle followed by crushing sadness knowing you never can.
>>
>>138855444
The trips speak the truth.
>>
>>138855444
>intense desire to cuddle followed by crushing sadness knowing you never can
Shit just got too real, senpai
>>
>>138854047

You'll know when you suddenly realize she's in your reaction images folder quite a lot and then you make a folder for just her pics.
>>
File: 1394655374772.gif (756 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
1394655374772.gif
756 KB, 241x182
>>138855444
I was reading this and as I read the last sentence, it synced perfectly with a song I was listening to and I shit you not a single tear fell down my cheek like pic related.
>>
File: mmuk9SN.jpg (360 KB, 601x850) Image search: [Google]
mmuk9SN.jpg
360 KB, 601x850
>>138855687
It's our fate in life to be separated from what we love most.

We just have to wait for the singularityand true AI to be with them.
>>
>>138855917
This scene right here hit me the hardest.
When I could almost imagine my arms around her I knew she was my waifu.
>>
>>138855727
fuck this is too real
>>
>>138855917
Even then, she wouldn't be your waifu. You'd both know that she's just something somebody made to be an approximation. Everything you loved about her would be secondary, just modules tacked on to a generic program.
>>
>>138856519
Everything is an approximation.
If an AI can learn it would be able to read all the novels play all the games watch the anime and recreate to the best level possible Holo. If I could have that I'd be happy.

If multiverse theory is true than Holo may exist somewhere but if I can't reach her now I'll have to settle for a hyper-realistic AI.
>>
>>138856519
The notion that someone would actually reject a custom AI waifu for not being perfect enough, is distressing to me. It's like a revelation that suddenly reflects poorly on all of human nature.

Why would you do this to yourself? Is the sheer impossibility of her existence a reason for liking her? Have you resolved to never love anything that's real?
>>
>>138856707
But there's nothing in any of the novels, the games, or the anime that indicates Holo loves Anon. Everything relating to who she loves must be ignored, because that is the only way to reconcile the fact that her sole reason to exist is to love you. There is no choice, no risk, no progress, all because it would be inconvenient.
>>
>>138856830
I agree, for me Holo is a plutonic ideal. An unattainable perfect form. To strive to create an AI as close to that perfection as possible is a noble goal in my opinion.

Humans have always been driven to improve our surroundings. We've improved transportation, housing, technology, food, and pretty much everything else. It's time we improve on women as well. 3D isn't good enough anymore, we know we can make something better.
>>
>>138854047
But OP that is a sexbot, not a person.
>>
>>138856939
I've thought about that. I think one solution would be a program to basically play the series as a VR game where you take on the role of Kraft Lawrence.

The other is that a sufficiently advanced AI would have no problem designing situations for her to love anon while still maintaining her character. I also think anons who's waifu is Holo are most likely to be anons that Holo would like. I personally think I share a lot of character traits with Lawrence.
>>
File: 1457082838492.jpg (271 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
1457082838492.jpg
271 KB, 1052x1500
>>138854102
I first saw Horo and the first thing to do is looking for her pics.

Never really into fapping to her,
>>
>>138856830
But it wouldn't be real either way. She would only love you because she has to. It's a completely holo love.
>>
>>138856830
It's not about the technicalities, it's about the soul and spirit.

No such thing as "good enough", in this case.
>>
>>138857083
>The other is that a sufficiently advanced AI would have no problem designing situations for her to love anon while still maintaining her character
So a replica of Holo would fall in love with a replica of Anon?
>>
>>138857100
That honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest.

That gets into some deep philosophical shit like what free will means. For example the only reason we even care about this stuff is that our genetic code screams at us to reproduce. Do we really want to love someone or is it just because our genetics say we have to?
>>
>>138857136
Soul and spirit can't be quantified. That's some mystic mumbo-jumbo. We're all lumps of meat destined for the void.

>>138857158
I was thinking more along the lines of a realistic matrix style VR world where that sort of thing could be programed and play out like a game.
>>
>>138857100
"Real" is a red herring of a term.

Once you embrace nihilism (and no not the the woe is me everything is pointless kind) you realize that "real" doesn't mean anything. We could all be brains in jars.
>>
>>138857234
But it'd be a game you can't possibly lose. It wouldn't matter if you were the perfect romantic or if you beat her half to death, she'd end up loving you exactly the same, for no reason other than because she has to.
>>
>>138857436
Yes and?

I don't really see the problem. Is the only reason that winning is worth something because you might lose? I've had my fill of losing and I really don't mind not being able to lose anymore. It might not be for everyone. If you feel you need a challenge to be happy and fulfilled by all means seek it out. Personally I'd be very happy living with an AI waifu who loves me unconditionally.

I think it's a matter of perspective. I don't believe that life only has value because o death. I would much rather do away with death. I don't think you need bad to appriciate good. I wouldn't stand in your way if you disagree however.

As to your "she has to point" what if the AI was designed knowing that and was happy and glad to do so? Does that make her feelings invalid? What constitutes a "real" feeling and a "fake" one. If I program a humanoid robot to love kittens or if a child comes to love kittens on its own why is one feeling more valid than the other. How do they differ? Only in the process to get to the final point and if the process is arbitrary than it doesn't really matter. People develop feelings in innumerable different ways I don't see "being programmed to lIke x" as any less valid than "my father's genetics influenced me and thats why I like x"
>>
>>138857673
>Is the only reason that winning is worth something because you might lose?
Yes. If your actions are absolutely irrelevant to the outcome, then everything you do is absolutely meaningless. You're not interacting with a system, you're just observing it play out.
>what if the AI was designed knowing that and was happy and glad to do so?
Because that gets even farther from what she was supposed to be. If she's strong-willed, that needs to get overwritten, because she has to love the fact that she has no will. If she has a sense of duty, that becomes second to making you happy. Any part of her that might be inconvenient, even if it's what you loved about her, will be stamped out.
>>
>>138854047
You have the sudden urge to make autistic shitposting threads on /a/.

Looks like you struck gold.
>>
>be me
>be watching spice and wolf again
>decide to come onto /a/ just to see if there is a holo thread
>completely randomly click on this thread
>thread about holo

It was meant to be
>>
>>138857234
Yeah, maybe for you. I don't really like that sorts of thinking. Lacks the warmth and magic of love. These sorts of things aren't meant to be analyzed or quantified. You just feel and know them. If you can, that is.

AI would be a fun toy, but that's all.
>>
>>138861318
Love is a chemical in the brain.
>>
File: ThalRcg.png (127 KB, 294x286) Image search: [Google]
ThalRcg.png
127 KB, 294x286
>>138857087
>>138854102
>not jerking off to you're waifu
I don't understand some people.
>>
>>138855444
>intense desire to cuddle
Oh man, I love that feeling.

Shame there isn't really any particularly good vanilla doujin with her.
>>
>>138854047
wot animu dis m8
>>
>>138854047
>Cuddling with a robot
>hearing her gears spin in rhythm as you make love.
>Loving the robot girl
>impregnating the robot girl
>wifing the robot girl
>growing old with the robot girl.
>>
I like to imagine myself in bed with my waifu and we just chat and cuddle together and fall asleep in each others arms.

It's not much, but it makes me feel so warm and cozy thinking those happy thoughts and seeing the smile on her face.
>>
File: 1375248898079.jpg (274 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1375248898079.jpg
274 KB, 1000x1000
>>138854047
>How can you tell?
That's simple. Wait 3 months and if:
>your heart will still go doki doki when you think about her
>you will be absolutely sure that she is that one girl you want to spend rest of your life with
>you will want to share all the happy and sad moments with her, help and support her with any problem she has
>you will no longer have any desire to have real girlfriend or to get closer to any other fictional character
Then it's your waifu. But if any of these things won't happen, then it's not a waifu but simple lust or infatuation.
There is no other way to be sure.
>>
File: 53815_4586548.png (256 KB, 736x1515) Image search: [Google]
53815_4586548.png
256 KB, 736x1515
>>138856830
>The notion that someone would actually reject a custom AI waifu for not being perfect enough, is distressing to me.
Everyone who rejects AI but still would like their waifu to be real is more or less ignorant. People like that believes into some arbitrary limitations of technology(like computer can't synthesize human voice, or robot's body can't be soft and warm or that AI can't follow your headcanon) without any real reason. Or they believe in souls or other metaphysics bullshit.
It feels good to be in STEM and see the technology as it is.

>>138857083
I've thought about much better solution. Every attempt to teach your AI by yourself will never be perfect, and will surely by hard.
Much better solution is to have meta-consciousness that is hardcoded and its role is to be a "trainer". It would know lots of inter-human relationships etc. On first you would boot your bot into this mode, and tell the trainer everything you know about your waifu. You could show it the source material, tell everything about your headcanon, expected behaviors, unconditional love etc. and it would model suitable personality for your waifu. No one can program AI better than other AI, it could take all the possible parameters to perfectly implement your waifu's personality.

>>138857436
If you wish you could program her into loving NTR and trying to cheat on you on every occasion if that creates more interesting "game" for you.

>>138861318
>I don't really like that sorts of thinking. Lacks the warmth and magic of love.
Not true. I analyze and quantify everything, yet love for me is magic. Of course not in paranormal sense, but it's magic because it changes your life so much. It alters the way you see things, let you experience new things, makes you happy and let you enjoy something you would never thought before. Love is only a chemical reaction in your mind, but you perceive the world through your mind, so love alters all the world you perceive. That's magic.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.