[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Evangeon 3.33. Why did Anno decide to ruin his franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91
File: EVN-09877_DVD-front_large.jpg (54 KB, 718x1000) Image search: [Google]
EVN-09877_DVD-front_large.jpg
54 KB, 718x1000
Just watched Evangeon 3.33. Why did Anno decide to ruin his franchise? This was fucking garbage. Timeskip for no reason. Airship for no reason. Literally no characters get any attention other than Shinji and all Shinji does is walk around an empty NERV. Gendo and Fuyutski being obvious stand ins for Anno who has no idea what the fuck he's doing but acting like there's a grand plan and every fuck up works into it somehow.

Evangelion is dead.
>>
File: 1439872911362.jpg (331 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1439872911362.jpg
331 KB, 1000x700
So no-one is going to try defending this piece of shit?
>>
>>138854726
I liked it but I respect your opinion
>>
Autists are unable to comprehend film on any level but the narrative. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal.
>>
>>138854929
Don't try to defend it by the tired old 'It's too deep for you man' because it had the depth of a puddle.
>>
The first watch through I was incredibly frustrated. But when I watched it a second time I understood that you are supposed to feel as frustrated and alone as Shinji.

Eva has always been a character study. Haven't seen it in a couple years so don't really remember what else I thought of it. Just remembered the second time was iight. Lol free willy. Idk what to think of it. I'll decide when the final one is done.

EoE is the best movie of them all still.
>>
Didn't like it the first time I watched it, now every time I watch it again I like it more and more.
>>
>>138855293
>Eva has always been a character study
The problem is that we're looking exclusively at Shinji. No other character gets any attention at all in 3.33. Misato, Ritsuko, Asuka and Mari are all pushed to the side.

Ok, so what do we take out of 3.33 in regards to Shinji. Well he's an indecisive coward who doesn't like human interaction. Wow. There's nothing new about Shinji in 3.33, there are no aspects of him that haven't been explored in the series or previous movies. It's treading over old ground.

What is the point of a 'character study' that only shows you aspects of the character that have already been shown? That's why I feel that defense is really only used by people who are trying to justify the absolutely awful story of 3.33. It's ok that there wasn't really an interesting plot because it was a CHARACTER STUDY....That showed absolutely nothing new or interesting about the character it was studying. So it was a waste of time basically.
>>
>>138855556
I never said it was good, but I don't hate it either. I just see it as the third quarter of a story. It seems like Anno tried really hard not to reveal anything. Also he's a big troll and hates otakus/fans. But that's besides the point

Alone it's a meh movie. Though it's obviously not supposed to be seen that way.

As I said I'll decide what I think of all of it when it's done.
>>
File: asukatruth.png (1 MB, 1800x2117) Image search: [Google]
asukatruth.png
1 MB, 1800x2117
>>138854025
>>
To be honest I think this was more of a transition movie to move the tetralogy forward, in this movie we spend almost all our time experiencing the story from Shinji's point of view, which is basically the same as ours (the audience), we experience a timeskip that continues from we left off in the last movie, we are confused and with no idea what's going on in this new, and even more depressing, world we abandoned wondering what happened to the characters we used to know, just like Shinji.
A big part of the movie was spent trying (not in a very effective way) to establish and give hints of what this new world constitutes now and why everyone is mad with Shinji.
Shinji is living the ultimate fantasy of a person drowning in self-pity, everyone in the world hates and resents them, but this time there is no mistake about it, he couldn't save Ayanami, alll his efforts where in vain, he is truly alone in the world (until Kaworu comes), the point of this movie was to force Shinji into the deepest depths of despair.
He tries to fix the world and atone for his sins only to fail miserably, killing his only friend in the world and further throwing him into anguish.

I think the movie was more about the relationship between Shinji and Kaworu, he is there to show him a sense of "hope", for him and the world, all this probably to reach a big resolution in 4.0.
>>
>>138856176
He fleshed it out for ya
>>
CURSE OF THE EVAS.
>>
>>138854025
The franchise was ruined the moment Anno decided to do these Rebuilds
>>
I saw a theory that 2.22 was created as an Evangelion movies that the fans wanted. Asuka isn't as big a bitch, Rei is coming out of her shell and trying to reunite Shinji with his father and Shinji ends the movie by actually doing what he wants and saving Rei.

3.33 was written as the bitchslap afterwards to say "Yeah you got everything you wanted and look how it ended up."
>>
File: here comes summer.jpg (24 KB, 432x310) Image search: [Google]
here comes summer.jpg
24 KB, 432x310
>>138855058
he said the opposite
>>
>>138856463

Shhhh, let him be ignorant.
>>
>>138856385
They obviously don't mean anything. He's already said what he needed to in EoE.

Though they're still enjoyable and decent.

>>138856408

I like the games Anno plays.
>>
what happened to the subbed eva blu-ray rips on nyaa?
>>
Where did Unit 13 come from?
>>
File: 5124576.jpg (868 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
5124576.jpg
868 KB, 848x1200
>3.33 was terrible!
>1.11 and 2.22 were fine, though.

when will this meme end?
>>
>>138856612
When its finally finished. I actually hope its never finished so this meme never ends.

>>138856577
Why these questions? It's not finished yet. Gawwd.
>>
File: 1367185429366.jpg (161 KB, 1008x403) Image search: [Google]
1367185429366.jpg
161 KB, 1008x403
I'm still of the opinion that I won't judge it until we get Final... Assuming we ever get it -__-
>>
>>138856726
Because I need to know. How did they make flying battle ships as well with the limited man power, knowledge, and ability to gather resources? Why can't they improve the power supply for the new EVA's so they could last longer without an umbilical cord even though they could make battle ships fly?
>>
>>138856872

S2 engine is the answer to most of your post.
>>
>>138854025
Evangelion was never good.
>>
>>138856929
How were they able to get that many S2 engines for that entire fleet? I can see the main ship since it was being powered by Unit 001 itself, but the others it seems less plausible, none-the-less the modifications for them to be capable of flight would be absurd to do to something that was originally a gigantic sea faring ship. I'd understand it more if they were more crude looking, but they looked like unmodified battle ships, how do they even navigate?
>>
>>138856336
Failed to become Eva
>>
>>138855555
Test
>>
File: white.jpg (50 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
50 KB, 960x540
>>138854025
I guess this makes me one of the lucky ones. I thought the original series was completely fucking awful and never bothered with any of the other stuff. It's all trash to me, so I couldn't care less what based Anno does with his garbage.

Feels good, man.
>>
>>138856612
Objective Evangelion movies ranking
1. End of Evangelion
2. Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
3. Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
4. Death & Rebirth
5. Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
>>
>>138857127
>How were they able to get that many S2 engines for that entire fleet?
The AT Field created by the Wunder lifts them all.
>>
Original Eva TV and EoE really were lightning in a bottle. For better or worse.
>>
>>138854025
>Why did Anno decide to ruin his franchise?

The fuck was there to ruin? He already wasted all potential it might have had on the first run of the series.
>>
>>138860002
false, love & pop and shiki-jitsu were great and very eva-ish, not to mention his work on gunbuster and nadia which while not good in the same ways as eva were are still great in their own right, as well as re:cutie honey

this "anno is a hack japanese george lucas" meme is dumb as hell, 3.33 had the great visual direction you expect out of eva, better than 1.11 and 2.22 even
>>
>>138854025

Anno didn't ruin the franchise, there are just a lot of asspained otaku and weeaboos who've just realised that they're the butt of the joke and are throwing temper tantrums because they didn't get the waifu-pandering they thought that they were entitled to.
>>
>>138860344
Nah I think 3.0 was just shit because they scrapped what they had and restarted production halfway through. That's why the plot is so disjointed.
>>
>>138854025
One of you fucks comes here every day about this film. Fuck off and be a pleb somewhere else.

Shinji's development is all that matters in rebuild.
The timeskip isn't there for "no reason" and the airship hasn't been explained yet, and is also a reference to Nadia.
>>
>>138856872
They've done that though you faggot. In the film there is only one cable used for the Eva's ONCE. They improved on the power supply and now use supplies of power they carry around like when Asuka had to recharge during the fight towards the end.

It seems apparent that not all the world is fucked as there is a place to go which Asuka is taking Shinji, and WILLE must be getting supplies and manpower from somewhere.

Wunder we have no clear idea atm as to what it is. Apparantely Mark 09, the Adam's Vessel, was its original master.
>>
>>138860908
>Shinji's development is all that matters in rebuild.
What? Shinji doesn't develop at all. He starts the movie a pathetic faggot and ends the movie as an even more pathetic faggot.
>>
>people still haven't realized Eva is and always was an ongoing attempt by Anno to piss off his target audience
>people still try to pretend it's deep and complain when they don't like it, not realizing that it's an exercise in futility since the creator never wanted it to be liked in the first place, and that they're the kind of obsessive whiner waifufags he's taking for the ruse cruise of a lifetime with Rebuild for their money and his enjoyment
The only thing worth discussing about this is the animation which was always the series' stronger point desu
Seeing you people foam at the mouth is funny anyway, I can perfectly see why Anno's doing all this.
>>
>>138861733
This has always been a stupid theory. Anno didn't create Evangelion with the goal of pissing people off. Rebuild possibly, not the original series though
>>
File: 01-png.png (856 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
01-png.png
856 KB, 1280x1810
>>138854025
How can you judge if the final still isn't out?
Let's watch the whole work, and after you can say if it makes sense or not
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1366x768
>>138854025
HE HATES IT!
>>
>>138862647
Yeah, I meant Rebuild, should have worded it better, I had just woken up when I wrote that.
>>
>>138861733
Yeah, and they went and ruined the animation with shitty 3DCG too. Hail technology.
>>
>>138856872
They can. Unit 01, Unit 04, Mark.06, Mark.09, and Unit 13 all possess the Fruit of Life/S2 engines and don't require umbilical cables at all. Wille is trying to prevent Impacts and having that kind of power makes an Eva more Impact-ready, as seen by the destruction of Unit 04.

That's probably why Wille invested their research into the extended rechargeable battery system instead. They seem reluctant to even use the Evas they have unless absolutely necessary.

Wunder can fly because it's powered by Unit 01 which generates an enormous amount of power (and can fly itself). If you notice, those "N2 Reactors" that are hooked up to the ship are actually stripped down version of Eva Mark.04A, and dozens of them together can't produce the energy to lift the ship. It takes the power of a god to make Wunder and Nerv HQ fly.

Wille lacks experienced personnel, but they're not hurting for resources. They have two Evas, a full arsenal, ship that is basically a thousand meter Eva, an enormous fleet that includes the entire UN Pacific Fleet from NGE and more, plus several submarines, helicopters and construction rigs. There's industrial civilization somewhere.
>>
>>138861258
He starts the movie where he left off in 2.0 and learns that piercing the heavens yields really bad results in Evangelion.
>>
>>138862647
According to Anno, Rebuild was originally going to be a prettied up version of the TV series with a new ending added on, but he realized partway through the production of 1.0 that the movies were a chance to tell a new story and that there wasn't much point in doing the same thing over.

He also said the natural thing to do for him was retell NGE, and it took more input from Enokido, Tsurumaki and the story team to break away fromt hat.
>>
3.33 had at least a brilliant breakdown of Shinji. Starting to deconstruct his character again, after he went full Simon in 2.22

2.22 had nothing character-wise and even made scenes, that were in NGE worse.

For example the dummy plug scene. It loses it's impact if he knows from the start, who's in there and on top of that his fucking sight gets blocked during the process, as if the movie tried to protect him from a to traumatic experience...

Or exchanging Asuka for Mari in the fight against Zeruel. Why? That defeat was a fucking key point in her character development. But fuck Asukas character development, right?

Sure, it tried to take a different route. But completely abandoning one of the main characters......fuck that.

Sure 3.33 had problems, but it at least tries to crawl back to it's roots. I hate that it still abandons the other main characters....but with Shinji we got at least one intresting character back.
>>
>>138864411
>>>138861258 #
>He starts the movie where he left off in 2.0
Uh no he doesn't. He wakes up from a coma after floating in space for 14 years. Thats not where 2.0 left him at all
>>
>>138865562
>Or exchanging Asuka for Mari in the fight against Zeruel. Why? That defeat was a fucking key point in her character development. But fuck Asukas character development, right?

Asuka still has her development, but they changed the order of events. She has her defeat at the hands of Sahaquiel instead of Zeruel. She realizes that despite all her boasting, she can't couldn't do shit against the Angel without Rei and Shinji's help.

Then she loses her Eva to the Vatican Treaty and Ritsuko tells her being an Eva pilot doesn't make her special. Nerv has a back-up plan for everything.

Then she realizes Rei loves Shinji, but she backs down and takes Eva 3 so Rei can have her dinner party and has her Angel attack that puts her on bad terms with Shinji.

Shikinami has a different backstory from Soryu and is following a different character arc. It still hits some of the same notes.
>>
>>138866087
As a character. He still thinks he saved Rei from the Angel and he's eager to jump into Unit 01 to help Asuka outfit the ship. From his point of view, no time has passed.
>>
>>138866457

And just like in the dummy plug it softens the impact. Instead of being literally useless and getting suicidal because of it, she just becomes replaceable and is just a bit depressed over it.

It's weird. While the visuals look more intense, the actual story and characters go in the exact opposite direction. Noone is as broken as they are in NGE.

And I think it's intended. The rebuilds are a nice action movies with some mystery and some character moments here and there, while NGE was the opposite with a focus on it's characters and the action being a supplementary aspect
>>
So what actually caused the 3rd impact here? Because IIRC Kaworu stopped Eva 01 from causing it at the end of the second movie.
>>
>>138864545
>He also said the natural thing to do for him was retell NGE, and it took more input from Enokido, Tsurumaki and the story team to break away fromt hat.
The worst mistake Anno made was to give creative control to Enokido, Tsurumaki and the story team. They never got Eva
>>
File: Kaworu a shit.jpg (117 KB, 1920x814) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu a shit.jpg
117 KB, 1920x814
>>138867799
Shinji did. It doesn't make any sense but the entire narrative falls apart if Shinji doesn't have sins to redeem. Besides, Kaworu said it's Shinji's fault and Kaworu is popular therefore he's always right even when he's wrong. Hell, just in case you may have some sympathy for Shinji, Anno made him put the spears for forcing you to hate him. Yeah, most people don't need any help to hate Shinji but Anno didn't want to take any risk
>>
>>138867799
Shinji caused Near Third Impact, Kaworu/Eva Mark.06/12th Angel/Seele caused Third Impact as part of their keikaku, then Shinji and Kaworu caused 4th.
>>
>>138854025
It's my favorite out of rebuilds
>>
>>138859973
Objective Evangelion movies ranking
1. End of Evangelion
2. Evangelion 3.0
3. Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
4. Death & Rebirth
5. Evangelion 2.0
>>
File: why.gif (235 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
235 KB, 300x168
>>138870922
>2. Evangelion 3.0
>>
>>138870922
Death & Rebirth is far better than any of the rebuilds. 1.0 is practically a compilation of scenes from episodes 1 to 6 anyway
>>
>>138870849
Mine to, people are just hating
>>
File: 395.jpg (24 KB, 680x363) Image search: [Google]
395.jpg
24 KB, 680x363
>>138871287
This is the whole film summed up in on picture
>>
>>138870849
>>138871287
3.0 is definitely the best rebuild but that doesn't mean much
>>
File: 1455130348145.jpg (34 KB, 479x317) Image search: [Google]
1455130348145.jpg
34 KB, 479x317
>2.0 was good guys
>Reifag microdicksucking
>good
>>
>>138872347
I love Eva but the fanbase is Naruto-tier. Anyway, all the rebuilds suck for different reasons
>>
>>138856408
Except 3.33 had nothing to do with what happened in 2.22 except for the very ending. Literally everything was dropped. Angles, character arcs, and characters themselves from the first two movies have no bearing on what happened in 3.33. Its a piece of shit that feels like Gurren Lagaan with Eva characters.
>>
File: 1424492084163.png (521 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
1424492084163.png
521 KB, 1100x500
>>138854025
>>
>>138873610
> Literally everything was dropped

Asuka was pissed in 3.33 because after she got fucked up, because she tried to help Rei with her Dinner with Shinji, all Shinji does was ask for Rei.

Misato was conflicted as fuck because she cheered him on during 2.22.

Shinji breaks when his last grasp at hope for having done at least one thing right in the end of 2.22 (saving Rei) falls apart.
>>
>>138874181
Asuka is unbelievably petty if she held on to a grudge based on a misunderstanding for 14 years. Even someone like her would get over it a eventually.
>>
>>138873610
Nadia meets Gurrent Lagann, to be fair.
>>
File: race_car_waifu.jpg (606 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
race_car_waifu.jpg
606 KB, 800x499
>>
>>138874461
misunderstanding?

- Asuka helps Rei and basically sacrifices her attepmts
- Get fucked because of that
- Shinji and Rei are gone for 14 years and she has to live in a shithole
- Shinji comes back, basically ignores her and focuses completely on Rei

I think it was more like being abandoned for so long and then he finally comes back and is still a dick, after he was the one that caused that shithole for the "wrong" girl.

He basically teared up a very old, deep wound
>>
>>138875392
Abandoned? The two knew each other for what, a month? She did something nice for him and then things got fucked in a manner completely out of either of their control. What's Shinji at fault for?
>>
>>138875032
>>
>>138875508
But she has lasers on her spoilers.
>>
File: oh shit was that your waifu.png (603 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oh shit was that your waifu.png
603 KB, 1280x720
>>138875392
They had to pick her half-dead carcass out of Unit 01's teeth. Definitely a little more than a misunderstanding there.

>>138875497
She's pissed off partly because of that and partly because he didn't even try to help her. He sat on his hands instead of trying to do something and didn't even ask about her before he tried to leave.

When Rei's in an even worse predicament, he nearly causes an Impact trying to get her back and doesn't stop asking about her when he wakes up. Asuka and Mari both call him out on it at the end.
>>
>>138875963
He tried to help her by refusing to kill her. Everything after that wasn't really on him.
As far as what he said after waking up, he already knew Asuka was at least somewhat safe. That last thing he remembered was saving Rei and he's now concerned that she's not with him.
>>
File: trash.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
2 MB, 580x433
Making the LCL red in the rebuilds just makes it feel like its trying to be edgier for shock.
>>
File: 1451935003683.jpg (249 KB, 710x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451935003683.jpg
249 KB, 710x1000
3.33 was pure kino. Just because it didn't pander to its audience doesn't mean it was bad.
Anno is the only auteur in the anime industry that is not afraid to take risks.
>>
fucking plotfags
>>
>>138877006
It's Lilith's blood. Why wouldn't it be red?
>>
>>138877163
Everything about this post is bad
>>
>>138856348
you faggots love to use these words out of context don't you. feel good don't it.

nigger
>>
>>138877202
Lilth isn't a human, why should it be red?

>Inb4 humans are her children

We came from the LCL which means its more comparable to primordial stew
>>
1.0 + 3.0 when
>>
>>138877163
Being retarded is not autuer.
>>
File: 1d7.jpg (9 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
1d7.jpg
9 KB, 200x226
>>138877297
>>
>>138877280
Neither are the Evas, and they all squirt red except for Unit 02. Even Lilith's other half.
>>
>>138877768
Wasn't that because Unit-2 was made in Germany?
>>
>>138854025
I assumed everyone was exaggerating like /a/ likes to do, but this is actually one of the biggest pieces of schlock I've ever watched.
>>
>>138854726
>>138854025
3.33 was shit. We know. Only a complete autist or a retard would actually defend it.

Some times with the "it's supposed to be crappy" angle, other times with the "it's darker and that means it's good" angle.
>>
File: Tang.png (106 KB, 393x269) Image search: [Google]
Tang.png
106 KB, 393x269
>>138877202
>it's blood therefore should be red
LCL isn't human blood, it's the soup that life is made out of.

Pic related
>>
>>138865562
>3.33 had at least a brilliant breakdown of Shinji. Starting to deconstruct his character again, after he went full Simon in 2.22
Using "went full simon" or even the word "deconstruct" is a surefire way to prove that you are an absolute moron with no idea about what you're talking about.

3.33 doesn't have a brilliant "breakdown" of Shinji in any way whatsoever, because of how predictably unlikely the entire chain of events is. By jumping the shark right at the beginning, and having every single supporting character be reduced to a walking plot device, there is no credibility to Shinji's "breakdown" whatsoever. Not even Shinji himself is a proper character as we are not allowed to bear witness to his thought process.

The sad thing is that you're "yet-another-dumb-asuka-fan" who can't even see his own hypocrisy. You complain Asuka is abandoned in 2.0, despite having her on within the movie and clearly kept alive for the remaining quarter, but completely gloss over the numerous characters abandoned in 3.33.

Main characters and supporting characters alike.

Your opinion or insight isn't worth anything because it's only a front for clearly biased fanfaggotry.
>>
>>138880061
>Some times with the "it's supposed to be crappy" angle, other times with the "it's darker and that means it's good" angle.

I have read people using the latter to defend 3.33 but not the former. What a shit defense.
>>
>>138880095
>>138877202
>>138877006
LCL has varied from a reddish orange to downright orange.

Whatever the fuck LCL is, is not cleared up in Rebuilds and speculating about it at this stage makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
File: reichu_lilith-tampons.jpg (56 KB, 376x509) Image search: [Google]
reichu_lilith-tampons.jpg
56 KB, 376x509
LCL = Lilith Cunt Liquid
>>
>>138875963
>>138874461
>>138875392
There is just no way around it. Asuka is unbelievably petty for holding any grudge whatsoever, as are the rest of the cast.
>>
File: 1454980094562.jpg (151 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454980094562.jpg
151 KB, 960x720
Man stopped giving a shit a long time ago, he put his magnum opus on hold to make beady-eye Godzilla

Fuck him
>>
>>138880287
It's similar to >>138855293

which is yet-another-shit defense with various sweeteners, such as saying "EoE is the best movie of them all still.", which translates to "If I think a movie you think is good, that means my opinion is valid rite?".

Another big bomb of retardation is defending 3.0 by naming Eva as a character study, when 3.0 is the least character-detailing or exploring entry in the entire franchise.
>>
>>138872347
I bet NGE sucks too because it sucks Reifag dick too, huh?
>>
>>138876927
>He tried to help her by refusing to kill her.
That's not trying to fucking help her. That's sitting on his hands because he's too scared to do anything.

Trying to help her would have been defeating Bardiel and ripping her entry plug out.

Instead he just sat there and was going to just die and that does nothing to help her because she's trapped in a fucking angel.

He basically ran away from any responsibility in the situation. Ran away from trying to save her and Ran away from failing to save her.

Now that's not too bad but as people have been saying, it's completely different to what he does for Rei. Who he not only tries to save, but basically ends the world to save.

Fast forward to 14 years of stewing resentment over the fact that the guy you liked didn't do shit to save you while nearly ending the world to save another girl and the first thing out of his mouth is "WHERE'S REI" and you get why Asuka's pissed at him

>>138880355
>Asuka is unbelievably petty
She's spent 14 years trapped in a prepubescent body basically cleaning up the mess of the guy she liked chasing after another girl.

It's terrible for self image. She's not the best Eva pilot and she's not worth ending the world for, but some Easy Bake Waifu was.
>>
>>138875392
>>138874181
What indication is there that Asuka knows or cares that Shinji asked about Rei first?

Her grumpiness with Shinji is already apparent while he's still in the box in space, and everything points towards her being pissed at him for the same reasons as everyone else.

iirc, when she punches the glass upon meeting Shinji again, she says that she has a lot of pent up anger and sorrow. The feelings were there long before Shinji was rescued, and would have come out regardless of how Shinji behaved.
>>
>Simon/Shinji
Our hero which has fallen flat after the death of a friend, and as a result is down on his luck (and mental health).

>Gendo/Spiral King
Gendo is now the King of the Lilim, leads an army of beastmen/eva's that aren't human. (No souls/spiral power). His daughter is Nia/Rei, who both betray/abandon him but not without remembering him fondly.

>Nia/Rei
The nice, cute girl Simon/Shinji is close to until something horrible happens and she isn't recognizable any more. Though her original self is preserved somewhere and gives tiny glimpses of itself some times.
Her outfit turns black.

>Kamina/Kaworu
Simon/Shinji's friend and source of inspiration who dies tragically, shocking our hero into a submission.

>Leeron/Ritsuko
The gay science character. Ritsuko even has a matching outfit and haircut.

>Dai-Gurren Dan/WILLE
The resistance organization formed to thwart the forces that plan to keep humanity down and stagnant according to their own wishes.

>Dai-Gurren/AAA Wunder
Prior enemy battleship stolen/converted for use by our heroes. Can fly after the main mech upgrades it. (EVA01, Gurren Lagann)
Battles on the sea as well. The staff includes a varied mix of people, including a big brown guy.

>Yoko/Asuka
The fiery character with a body/age mismatch, except in reverse. Plays the role as action girl, means well and does well (some of the time).

>Kittan/Mari
Kinda crazy but lovable character that "ends up" with Yoko/Asuka.

>Teppelin/Black Moon remnant
The Spiral King/Gendo's seat of power. They have roughly the same shape.

The setting takes place in a post-apocalyptic desert landscape. Mankind is close to extinction, this being part of an ancient plan that has happened countless times before.

The Moon has also moved closer to earth, though in Rebuild the effects are unknown.

Rebuild went full TTGL with 3.33, there's even a timeskip.
>>
File: 1406041133163.png (50 KB, 178x162) Image search: [Google]
1406041133163.png
50 KB, 178x162
>>138880596
>sacrificing yourself for somebody else is running away
>>
>>138880504
>>Another big bomb of retardation is defending 3.0 by naming Eva as a character study, when 3.0 is the least character-detailing or exploring entry in the entire franchise.

Yep, I agree with this fully.
>>
File: Type Zero.jpg (293 KB, 1283x1372) Image search: [Google]
Type Zero.jpg
293 KB, 1283x1372
>Watching Evangelion
>When Fafner exists
>>
File: Naked Gun 3.jpg (686 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
Naked Gun 3.jpg
686 KB, 1417x1417
Evangelion was supposed to be a critique of shit robot anime, becomes shit robot anime, the cycle completes itself.
>>
>>138880700
I thought hipsters died out circa 2012
>>
>>138880596
>She's spent 14 years trapped in a prepubescent body basically cleaning up the mess of the guy she liked chasing after another girl.
Oh fucking wow, she's like literally everyone else EXCEPT she's got eternal youth, and apparent super-strength. What an enviable position!

Too bad Shinji and NERV's care as to avoid killing her only granted her super-strength and not extra intelligence, because then she'd might figure out that NERV, SEELE and Gendo are the badguys and not the children they tricked into getting into the EVA's.

>It's terrible for self image.
It's terrible for self image? Read that back and don't pretend that it's a valid reason for her to be a mega-fucking-cunt when the world is at stake.
>>
>>138877191
And character developmentfags. And traditional animationfags. And good writingfags.

3.33 is fine on a conceptual level - 14 year timeskip and all -- it's the execution that was an almost complete failure.

Even the soundtrack, which is one of 3.33's strong points, is marred by how it's used and certain tracks.
>>
>>138880690
Bingo, because it's a futile fucking gesture.
It doesn't help her situation in any way.

Even if he'd let Bardiel just kill him, she's still stuck in there. Self Sacrifice only has value if it creates a result. Otherwise it's simply self serving martyrdom because you're too scared to take responsibility.
>>
File: Shinji.png (132 KB, 1126x568) Image search: [Google]
Shinji.png
132 KB, 1126x568
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down - the script, the movie, the director, the country
>>
>>138880237

> You complain Asuka is abandoned in 2.0, despite having her on within the movie and clearly kept alive for the remaining quarter, but completely gloss over the numerous characters abandoned in 3.33.

Because she was the fucking example at the time....and that Shinji was the only character worth mentioning in that regard has some clear fucking implications. Didn't thought I have to point that out.

I could said "...and it started to let Shinji act more realistic again" but instead used the fucking term coined for that description....

Shinjis breakdown and what the circumstances were, are two completely different things. Sure it was convinient as fuck. But that doesn't devalue how the character reacted to it.

One can write an amazing character but a lazy plot.
>>
File: 1383762856186.jpg (61 KB, 549x465) Image search: [Google]
1383762856186.jpg
61 KB, 549x465
>>138880859
>Self Sacrifice only has value if it creates a result.
And I take it you will be the judge of this?
>>
File: 1404675078103.png (38 KB, 195x193) Image search: [Google]
1404675078103.png
38 KB, 195x193
>>138854025
I liked the rebuilds
>>
>>138880625
>>138880756
>>138880596
Asuka is grumpy with Shinji (as are everyone else) for just one singular reason, and it's because he went all-out to save Rei. So because there is a really, really sour portion of the fanbase who were actually offended by that, hell even Anno and the rest set it up that way even, everyone has to hate Shinji for trying to save Rei.

Even prior to 3.33, there were legions of Asuka fans (and supporting Kaworu fans) who criticized Shinji for trying to save Rei, demanding that he should have let Rei die and not even attempted a rescue. In the same post, there was usually quibbling about how Shinji was an ass for not having done the same for Asuka during the Bardiel incident.

If Anno is really not a hack, then this is what 3.33 represents and 3.0+1.0 will capitalize on that, but I doubt it will.

So as it is now, Misato turns into a hyper-bitch for literally no emotional or practical reason, seeing as Misato's character so far would know what was going on and would also know that alienating Shinji would only increase the risk of an eventual awakening.

Asuka is also smug about "Shinji having made too much fuzz about Rei", while also being bitter that he didn't save her, with Mari chiming in that he should save the princess (which is Asuka's nickname).
>>
>>138880640
>>
File: Asukafag.jpg (41 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
Asukafag.jpg
41 KB, 560x420
If muh waifu Asuka-sama said brat Shinji has the entire blame of everything wrong with the Eva universe, then brat Shinji must have the entire blame of everything wrong with the Eva universe. Muh waifu is pure and perfect, only dollfags think she can be wrong. I hate brat Shinji so fucking much, he doesn't deserve to even breath the same air muh waifu breath
>>
>>138880859
I think being afraid to kill someone is pretty reasonable. Taking responsibility for saving someone is also taking responsibility for killing them. While it's not heroic, I think it's pretty stupid for Asuka to blame him.
>>
>>138865562
>he went full Simon in 2.22
He was just as much of a goddamn badass in the original series. They just animated it differently.

Not to mention that Shinji going "full Simon" started Third fucking Impact. It was not ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA - BLOWJOBS AND ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE. It was the usual case of Eva taking standard anime cliches and twisting them into something less pleasant. Willpower and manning up almost genocided humanity.
>>
>>138880911
>Because she was the fucking example at the time....
The time is NOW, and 3.33 is already out, yet it was glossed over. Face it, you're a hypocritical son of a bitch and your opinion really is worth jack-shit.

>I could said "...and it started to let Shinji act more realistic again" but instead used the fucking term coined for that description....
The term is not coined for that description in any way whatsoever, and there is nothing inherently unrealistic to have an emotional outburst when put in a dire situation either. Especially not for characters who are confirmed by example and in-universe medical opinion to be mentally unstable.

>Shinjis breakdown and what the circumstances were, are two completely different things. Sure it was convinient as fuck. But that doesn't devalue how the character reacted to it.
Yes, it does. It kills the story as a character-story, and by being convenient and exaggerated as hell, ruins the realism of the entire movie. Shinji's reactions are poorly detailed and fairly limited to scenes where you do not know how much time has passed or why Shinji is not figuring out anything else. It's skippy and disjointed.

This character in 3.33 is a failure, as is anything else in 3.33.
>>
File: 1386186968660.png (377 KB, 762x778) Image search: [Google]
1386186968660.png
377 KB, 762x778
Best part of the movie is that they are mad at Shinji but have no qualms working with Dr. Ritsuko "Mengele" Akagi
>>
>>138880911
It can't be a good character study because the premise makes no sense. The whole thing is supposed to be about Shinji taking responsibility for his actions but he didn't do anything wrong. So the whole thing is just nonsense.
>>
>>138880871
>Rei sticks out and is Japan's most popular female character for a decade
>Anno is extremely sore
>Rebuild arrives
>>
>>138880859
...and? Shinji refused to kill Toji in NGE as well. I don't see Asukafags being butthurt about that, calling Shinji a faggot, pussy or a weakwilled nonce due to that.

It's a realistic reaction for Shinji's so-far built up character. In 2.0, it even forges his decision next time, to save Rei when he can, after seeing what happened earlier.
>>
File: Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>138881183
Shinji can't sell shit by himself and that's the worst sin a 2D character can commit on the modern anime industry. Shinji is worse than 1000x Hitlers. Hell, Mein Kamtpf sell better than Shinji's solo merchandise
>>
>>138881173
Should any of them have a problem working with Akagi? This isn't the same Akagi that destroyed the Rei clones and tried to blow up NERV after all.
>>
File: pot.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pot.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>138881329
>Should any of them have a problem working with Akagi?

Shouldn't they? She was part of Gendo's inner circle and created the abominations that are trying to kill them
>>
>>138881329
Ritsuko knew what the Eva are and what they're capable of but she only throw infodump after Shinji already started the 3I. Ritsuko seemed to be OK with Seele's plan, the creepy guys who wanted to initiate the 3I. Well, I guess at that point Seele and Gendo did nothing wrong and Shinji has the entire blame somehow
>>
>>138881329
It's the same Akagi that worked on the Magi, the Evangelions, and was a tad too close with Gendo.
If they have a problem working with some kid they themselves selected, trained and used, who knew much, much less than you did, then they'd obviously shoot Ritsuko on sight rather than work with her.

All of the 3.33 cast is retarded.

>>138881454
Ritsuko is actually not aware of what the EVA's can do in terms of 3I. So she walks free there.
>>
I got my hopes up for every Rebuild release, only to be let down by Anno every time.

More and more, I get the impression that the brilliance behind past Anno works actually has to be credited to his staff, not to him. Now that he's independent, we can all see just how much of a fucking hack he is. It's a bit like with George Lucas: The moment he had gotten full reign, he only churned out garbage.

Screw Rebuild, this stain shouldn't exist.
>>
>>138881421
>>138881454

Looking at it this way, yeah Ritsuko certainly did get a pass and Shinji got blamed for everything. More than likely Misato and the old NERV crew let it slide because they are close associates of hers and she was working in the background while Shinji was out in front "fucking things up" where everyone could see. I wonder if it will come back to bite her in the ass in the fourth movie? It probably won't because Anno would rather concentrate on the Asuka, Shinji, and Rei dynamic and pepper in Mari scenes here and there.
>>
>>138881564
>Ritsuko is actually not aware of what the EVA's can do in terms of 3I. So she walks free there
She's the one who explain Misato and the audience what the hell is going on with the Eva 01 glowing and shit. Besides, the Evas were built with the idea of making an impact since the beginning
>>
>>138881564
>All of the 3.33 cast is retarded.

The best conclusion.

>Ritsuko is actually not aware..

I thought she was though?
>>
>>138860173
This, the stuff Anno put into the movie was the stuff that worked, the movie was shit because he delegated almost all the responsibility in the film's writing to his butt buddies at Khara and let them pursue any half-baked fanfiction plot they had lurking in their otaku fantasies. If anything Anno's the anti-Lucas, in that when he keeps a tight control with his directorial and plot vision he makes masterpieces, and when he's basically just involved in name only and some details of visual direction it ends up being a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>138881625
>More than likely Misato and the old NERV crew let it slide
But they couldn't give a pass to a 14 y/o with abandonment issues?
>>
>>138880968
>Asuka is grumpy with Shinji (as are everyone else) for just one singular reason, and it's because he went all-out to save Rei. So because there is a really, really sour portion of the fanbase who were actually offended by that, hell even Anno and the rest set it up that way even, everyone has to hate Shinji for trying to save Rei.
Nobody is mad at Shinji for trying to save Rei. In-universe, they're mad at Shinji for kicking off Third Impact. They are obviously related, but they are still two completely different thoughts.

In the fandom, idiots were mad because they didn't understand that Shinji was always a badass motherfucker and that his "manning up" had tragic, horrific consequences.

>So as it is now, Misato turns into a hyper-bitch for literally no emotional or practical reason
I have mixed feelings about this. You can justify Misato's behavior as a self-defense mechanism -- it's not HER fault that 99% of humanity died, it's all Shinji's fault! -- but Misato's new character isn't explored even a little, so it ends up falling completely flat.
>>
>>138881592
Actually, Anno allowed more creative control to his staff on rebuild but they're retarded and/or washed up
>>
File: RE-BUILD.jpg (975 KB, 1810x1406) Image search: [Google]
RE-BUILD.jpg
975 KB, 1810x1406
>>138881695
>yfw the deadline for the script is in a week and you don't know what to do
>>
>>138881625
Even when "Shinji as out fucking things up", NERV and SEELE who Ritsuko supported had been fucking up things for decades. Let's not forget all the illegal cloning they're doing.

Then again precisely because Misato doesn't know anything about the EVA's, and not even Ritsuko appears to know, then Shinji definitely doesn't know a single thing, and when Misato cheers him on, she has no business whatsoever being a cunt to him later.

>>138881660
>>138881691
Yeah, but Ritsuko says she doesn't know that. She can recognize the impact stuff, yes, but she doesn't seem to be aware that the EVA was capable of causing it.

I agree that knowing about the impacts puts her in the area of immediate distrust, of course.
>>
>>138881710
Japan is built around bullying the weakling. Also, nips tend to side with the bullies rather than the bully victim
>>
Did anyone ever find out best girl for Robin Willaims?
He was an Eva fan.
>>
>>138881592
Anno had free reign with the original series. Rebuild is the result of corporate meddling and Anno lazily passing the work onto his subordinates.
>>
>>138881806
>but she doesn't seem to be aware that the EVA was capable of causing it.
Didn't stop them from pissing on Shinji, who undoubtedly doesn't know what the Eva can do
>>
>>138881720
They have no reason to be mad at Shinji for Third Impact. He was manipulated by forces far beyond his control or understanding.
>>
>>138881818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FmFaK7pMU
>MP Eva
>Good guy
Probably a Reifag.
>>
>>138881710
Apparently not. Therefore:

>All of the 3.33 cast is retarded.

The harsh treatment from the cast was a easy way to make Shinji look more like a "victim" so it appeared understandable when he left WILL-E to go after Rei. I mean, why would you stay with a group of people who communicate with you sharply, accuse you of things that you apparently did without any full explanation, and then continue to ignore you or glare at you every chance they get? Bad writing at its finest.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncwqsq7SEl1s7yoju.png (239 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncwqsq7SEl1s7yoju.png
239 KB, 500x353
>>138881838
Let's be honest. Shinji got the short stick because Anno wanted to make easier for Khara to make Eva spin-offs without Shinji. Hell, if Anno didn't abandon Rebuild for his dream project, working on a major toku production, probably we'd have a Kaworu harem manga or some similar crap now.
>>
>>138881893
>>138881838
People blame Shinji because it's easy, not because it makes sense. It's human nature to seek a scapegoat, and who better than the person who is 1. at the center of it all and 2. literally incapable of defending himself because he's unconscious in a robot in a box in outer space.
>>
>>138881155
> The time is NOW, and 3.33 is already out, yet it was glossed over.

Holy shit....I meant in that fucking first comment you responded to.

I took her as an example and pointed out that Shinji was the only character that became intresting in 3.33

You have no sense of fucking context.

> and there is nothing inherently unrealistic to have an emotional outburst when put in a dire situation either.

Because Shinji was always the badass hero character, right? 2.22 fucked that up in the end and 3.33 fixed that.

> exaggerated as hell, ruins the realism of the entire movie.

You could apply the exact thing to End of Evangelion. It's a fucking supernatural mecha show. This isn't Welcome to the NHK.

Yes. Convinience can ruin credibillity of a scene. But realistic characters can still be believable, even in such weird situations
>>
>>138881720
>Nobody is mad at Shinji for trying to save Rei. In-universe, they're mad at Shinji for kicking off Third Impact. They are obviously related, but they are still two completely different thoughts.

Like you said, they are related and their relation is brought up directly in the third movie, by more than one character. Hence their aggression is directed towards Shinji for starting that third impact because he wanted to save Rei.
So yes, they are related, which is my point also. But that point is important to bring it in line with the fandom idiots.

The only thing I'll contest is that Shinji taking action had tragic, horrific consequences, because by the end of 2.0 there were none save for NERV's surface layer being peeled off. The cataclysmic event in North America was far, far larger by comparing the area affected.

Horrific and tragic consequences were written in by 3.0.

>I have mixed feelings about this. You can justify Misato's behavior as a self-defense mechanism -- it's not HER fault that 99% of humanity died, it's all Shinji's fault! -- but Misato's new character isn't explored even a little, so it ends up falling completely flat.

You can't justify it but you can attempt to excuse it, and subsequently fail because of how fake the argumentation is. Let's defend SEELE, NERV, Kaworu, Gendo, yes everyone's actions and acquit them of all guilt because it's a "self-defense-mechanism".

They're guilty regardless and need to be put down for the betterment of mankind.
>>
File: Rei.jpg (18 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
18 KB, 400x540
I liked how 3.0's message was that toilets aren't worth saving

10/10 words of wisdom right there Anno
>>
>>138881959
The events of End of Evangelion within the context of NGE. The events of 3.33 do not.
>>
>>138881958
Except the entire cast and staff genuinely expect you to sympathize with Willie and hate Shinji for being a selfish brat. It works pretty well with the Japanese audience and many westerners refuse to admit the girls or Kaworu were wrong so Shinji must be a selfish brat.
>>
>>138881958
Then they're idiots for parading Shinji out in front of everyone and yelling at him when it's in their best interests for him to be as content as possible. Either way it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>138881959
>You have no sense of fucking context.
I do, but you have no sense of being called the fuck out.

Your criticism was false. A character was not abandoned in 2.0. But they were in 3.0, and leaving that out makes you that lying hypocrite I spoke of earlier.

>Because Shinji was always the badass hero character, right? 2.22 fucked that up in the end and 3.33 fixed that.
In 2.0, as in NGE, he had his moments of badassery which paid off some times, and other times not. Your entire argument relies on what Shinji "is supposed to be", and it's completely disproven by the fact that you completely mischaracterized what Shinji is, by pretending he was incapable of being "badass" at times.

>You could apply the exact thing to End of Evangelion. It's a fucking supernatural mecha show. This isn't Welcome to the NHK.
I could not, for many good reasons, and it's outright disgusting that you'd try to compare the two.

For one, EoE has buildup of 26 episodes, totaling more than eight hours of content which prepares and ratifies the existence of extreme phenomenons like the one we see in EoE.
Not only that, it has really nothing to do with being "supernatural" in the first place, so either you're going full strawman or you're literally this retarded. It's about the credibility of the plot progression. Consider how NGE doesn't throw in timeskip, flying battleships or just give a random character super-strength because it's "cool". No, we see even the bridgebunnies adapt to the situation, and we see the actors take the exact course of action they'd be liable to following the series.

It keeps it credible. It keeps the characters credible.

Did you forget that 3.33 more or less dropped all existing characterization for every character, and provided unlikely stand-ins for everyone including even Shinji at some point?
>>
My opinion is better than yours
>>
>>138882338
I for one think that NGE Rei was better than Rebuild Rei so far.

Shikinami is better than Sohryu.
>>
>>138881958
You don't need to look at 3.33 to find the reason for people to blame Shinji. People were doing that WAY before 3.33 was even out, and they were the same people that hated on Rei.

It's the shippers and (mostly) the Asuka fantards, they were since 2.22 was out as a camrip trashing the movie because it had Shinji save Rei and because it had Rei plan dinner with Shinji, Gendo and the rest.

3.33 is either intentionally or unintentionally a reflection of the hatred towards Rei and Shinji due to their popularity status and dangerous proximity, which is clearly represent by how e.g Kaworu or Asuka likes Shinji, but treats him like shit.
>>
File: 1367848651526.jpg (195 KB, 1603x673) Image search: [Google]
1367848651526.jpg
195 KB, 1603x673
The fuck is this toilet shit?
>>
>>138882427
It's an Asukafag that has lost it, as usual.
Pay it no mind.
>>
File: Rei is so moe amirite XD.jpg (97 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Rei is so moe amirite XD.jpg
97 KB, 375x500
>>138882420
All Reis look the same to me
>>
>>138882015
>Horrific and tragic consequences were written in by 3.0.
The horrific, tragic consequence is that he started Third Impact. The fact that Kaworu stopped it is irrelevant.

>They're guilty regardless and need to be put down for the betterment of mankind.
I'm not saying it's morally justifiable, I mean that it's justifiable from a writing and character perspective. Even though it's completely unfair and cruel, it isn't unrealistic for them to all blame Shinji.

Not exactly relevant, but Touji's sister doesn't seem to hold much ill-will towards Shinji. So at least there's that.
>>
>>138882523
>The horrific, tragic consequence is that he started Third Impact. The fact that Kaworu stopped it is irrelevant.
Really?
>>
File: 2.22 vs 3.0.jpg (397 KB, 1912x1920) Image search: [Google]
2.22 vs 3.0.jpg
397 KB, 1912x1920
>>138882523
>The horrific, tragic consequence is that he started Third Impact. The fact that Kaworu stopped it is irrelevant
This is irrelevant
>>
>>138882425
Or maybe it's a business decision. See >>138881953
Not everything it's about your waifu
>>
File: Giant Naked Rei.png (251 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
Giant Naked Rei.png
251 KB, 500x382
What was even the point of saving Rei anyway
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS_MEtweCM
>>
>>138882293
You sound like a shuffling, middling, wimpy faggot.
>>
File: Rei hair do.jpg (103 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rei hair do.jpg
103 KB, 1000x1000
>>138882427
Rei looks like a toilet
>>
>>138882101
>Except the entire cast and staff genuinely expect you to sympathize with Willie and hate Shinji for being a selfish brat.
[citation needed]

>>138882159
>Then they're idiots for parading Shinji out in front of everyone and yelling at him when it's in their best interests for him to be as content as possible
Literally what? How did you reach that conclusion?

Shinji is the scapegoat. He's the fall guy. He gets treated like dirt so that everyone else can feel better about themselves.
>>
>>138882420
You are an immense faggot.
>>
>>138882523
>The horrific, tragic consequence is that he started Third Impact. The fact that Kaworu stopped it is irrelevant.
It's pretty damned relevant considering it's what actually happened.

>I'm not saying it's morally justifiable, I mean that it's justifiable from a writing and character perspective.
It's not justifiable from a writing or character-perspective because the characters then appear unrealistic, shallow and poorly thought out. Not just because they are contradicting their last-known selves, but because the story within 3.33 itself is absolutely pants-on-head-retarded.

You've got them making a point that they do not want awakenings so bad that they threaten to kill Shinji, while at the same time pointing out that Shinji's emotional state is what triggers them.
So to avoid what they don't want (the impacts), they do the one thing that can actually trigger them (threaten Shinji and harass him).

>Even though it's completely unfair and cruel, it isn't unrealistic for them to all blame Shinji.
It is 100% unrealistic, and if you believe anything else after having read the argumentation above, you are fucking insane. Just try fixing that major plot-hole. You can't.
The entire movie is a fucking joke.
>>
>>138882733
Like your mom
>>
>>138882667
How is it good business to make your own characters unsaleable, again?
Moreover, how is it good business to make your most popular character unsaleable?
>>
>>138882814
They need Shinji to be compliant and ignorant. If you make him the fall guy he'll get nervous and run away, trigger impact, or both. So they're just stupid if the make him the fall guy.
>>
File: 1366744174090.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1366744174090.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
Why did Eva13 have an external ejection lever and how did Mari know it had one?
>>
>>138881899
>EvanJellion

Is this how Americans pronounce it?
>>
File: 1367605907190.png (656 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1367605907190.png
656 KB, 704x480
>>138882814
>Shinji is the scapegoat. He's the fall guy
Why would you need a scapegoat when you have Gendo?

Did you need a scapegoat for Hitler?
>>
File: Q done right.png (283 KB, 896x2600) Image search: [Google]
Q done right.png
283 KB, 896x2600
>>138882952
>>
>>138882814
>guy who your continued existence might rely on
>guy to make the "fall guy"
Pick one.

...or, you could, just, y'know
pick that faggot gendo and his faggot henchman
>>
>>138882591
>>138882595
Anons, you seem to be misunderstanding.

The point is that the 2.22 scene was a subversion of the willpower and love conquers all cliches. Shinji MANS UP and puts everything on the line to save his waifu...and his reward is initiating the complete genocide of humanity.

This has nothing to do with how the cast views Shinji in 3.33. It's about how a large portion of the fandom mistakenly views 2.22's climax as turning Eva into generic shonen tripe. It's just as subversive as it's always been.
>>
File: 1451478558601.jpg (45 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1451478558601.jpg
45 KB, 719x720
Let's be honest here, the best rebuild was 1.11 because it simply was the first episodes of Eva but with better animation.
2.22 was a fun action flick, but it wasn't Eva.
3.33, as shitty as it is, feels more like Eva than 2.22
>>
File: just as planned.png (55 KB, 1641x668) Image search: [Google]
just as planned.png
55 KB, 1641x668
>>138883166
Anno literally had no idea of what the hell he was doing
>>
>>138883051
Hitler is more popular than Shinji.
>>
>>138883166
I think you seem to be misunderstanding. The only fandom misunderstanding here is this was in fact, a love-conquers-all cliche to begin with. It's a strawman.

So yes, this has everything to do with how the cast in 3.33 views Shinji. In fact, 3.33 is you - yes you. You wanted to see the world destroyed, and you wanted these shallow nonsensical characters.
>>
>>138883221
Doesn't that describe him most of the time?
>>
DUDE BLOOD LMAO

LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING RED AND BLOODY OOOOOO

LCL SEA NAH IT'S BLOOD SEA LMAO

WEW LOOK AT THESE CHARACTERS EXPLODE INTO BLOOD LIKE IT'S ELFEN LIED OR SOME SHIT SCARY HUH DUDE GAY SEX ON A PIANO LMAO
>>
>>138882832
>It is 100% unrealistic, and if you believe anything else after having read the argumentation above, you are fucking insane.
You wildly overestimate humanity.

Gendo was a literal who to the general public. Shinji was the kid controlling the giant robot that fucked everything up.

For christ's sake, do ya'll not remember Touji and the general public blaming Shinji for collateral damage in the angel fights?

Shinji has always been in this position. It just scaled up tremendously with the death of 99% of the world's population.
>>
>>138883055
If only it had worked out this way...
>>
>>138882289

The whole abandoned thing wasn't about screentime, backstories etc in the first place. But fuck context, right.

Asuka, like every other character except Shinji was abandoned character-wise. Rei got a bit shallow development but that's not really a good thing

- Misatos backstory got cut
- Asukas backstory got cut. But, hey we got a 3 second scene hinting at the puppet metaphor.
- support characters are almost non-existant

3.33 didn't fix that, but changed Shinjis "A heroes journey" back to his actual character.

> by pretending he was incapable of being "badass" at times.

NGE had a build up to that, you know. The stuff we call character development. 2.22 didn't. He saw devastation and turned into a badass within seconds.

> nothing to do with being "supernatural"

Nothing, even in-universe, understands the physics and the exact process behind instrumentallity. Like how GNR can manifest herself or what matter she is made out of, therefore it includes "supernatural" stuff.

I guess you know the quote. Every sufficient advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. And in this case it is advanced enough for literally everyone to fully comprehend it.

I agree, that some parts like super strengh were just plain stupid. But flying battleships? Unit-01 learned how to fly in 2.22.....somehow and they redirected that power. Doesn't sound impossible to me.

> Did you forget that 3.33 more or less dropped all existing characterization for every character, and provided unlikely stand-ins for everyone including even Shinji at some point?

It clearly didn't kill Shinjis characterization. But for the rest. sure. Like I mentioned above, but there was not very much to drop in the first place.

One good example would be the bastardized elevator scene
>>
File: Chamber.jpg (131 KB, 1500x406) Image search: [Google]
Chamber.jpg
131 KB, 1500x406
So once the Wunder turns out to be some weird incubator/4th impact enabling alien will they blame this to on Shinji?
>>
>>138883187

Couldn't fucking agree more.
>>
>>138883452
The staff of Willie should have access to privileged information that makes is clear that Gendo is the mastermind, and Willie should be able to engage in a propaganda campaign to move most of that info to the Willie mooks to make Gendo the scapegoat. Just letting Shinji be the scapegoat is stupid and shortsided.
>>
>>138883568
He is being blamed for everything else, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>138883166
You're being retarded. Consider 2.0 for a moment. The entire humanity being genocided? Literally not present in 2.0, in any form whatsoever. We even see Misato and crew very much alive by the end.

The whole "genocide" and apparent destruction of mankind was written in by 3.33, and as a matter of fact, if 3.33 continued where 2.0 left, there would be no mass destruction on the scale of 3.33 unless it would be wound-up in the movie, and then for a separate reason.

I'll also correct you on the "fandom" issue, because after 2.0 there were a bunch of angry miscreant fanboys who were upset that NGE was being NGE, for shipper reasons. While Shinji can jump into a volcano and save Asuka in Magma Diver, perform a rehearsed dance-routine against an Angel and win, or simply bum-rush an Angel with a knife screaming a win, they could not tolerate for even a second that Shinji tried to save Rei.

This is where the attack on 2.0 as part of a "TTGL-cliche" comes from. Not because the heroes save the day as they did in the MoTW-formatted NGE, but because of shipper butthurt.

See >>138880640
THAT is the actual "reward".

In 2.0 or 1.0, NGE wasn't TTGL. But because the shipper (and Asuka) fandom complained and whined, saying that Shinji has ruined everything and that they now loathed the entire series and it's characters, 3.33 was the appropriate (yet inappropriate) response.

The world is destroyed as you desired, NGE is now TTGL as you had desired. You get your tsundere characters, you get your shipping, and you get Rei attacked.

The actual story is that it was introduced rather wantonly in 2.0.
>>
>>138883452
I've overestimated you, because you are actually fucking retarded. Let's take this slow.

First, you didn't manage or even try really, to argue any position regarding the contradictions. You fail.

Second, Gendo was not a "literal who", he was the fucking commander in chief for the entire fucking town that NERV runs.
Not only that, no one would know Shinji was piloting the EVA at the time, unless Misato or Ritsuko told them.

In the meantime, they are fighting NERV who Gendo still leads along with Fuyutsuki and crew, and you're telling me they would NOT know who the enemy is, despite e.g Misato or Ritsuko, hell everyone there knowing perfectly well?
They do and to suggest otherwise would be yet-another impossibility that makes this movie just that much more shit.

>For christ's sake, do ya'll not remember Touji and the general public blaming Shinji for collateral damage in the angel fights?
No, I do not. I remember Toji blaming Shinji for wrecking his sister, and for a fourteen-year old that's entirely understandable. Said 14 year old even apologizes later and has him deck him.

You're full of shit.
>>
>>138883862
>Not only that, no one would know Shinji was piloting the EVA at the time, unless Misato or Ritsuko told them.

The real funny part is that Shinji's clearance was revoked at the time of the incident so an investigation would hav to conclude that it couldn't have been him piloting Eva01
>>
File: Shinji Ikari, total badass.jpg (55 KB, 940x708) Image search: [Google]
Shinji Ikari, total badass.jpg
55 KB, 940x708
>>138881959
>Because Shinji was always the badass hero character, right?
Yes, yes he was you knuckle-dragging inbred. Shinji was the guy who got in the Eva every and put on his goddamn war face as he ripped those Lovecraftian sons of bitches to pieces every single time.
>>
>>138883490
>The whole abandoned thing wasn't about screentime, backstories etc in the first place. But fuck context, right.
I didn't ignore the context, and no matter which one you chose or make up afterwards, you're wrong and here's why:

>Backstory is abandoned
Asuka's backstory arrives in ep 22. That's near the end of the series. 2.0 doesn't make anything in 4.0 impossible.

>Character is abandoned
Still alive, still present for the entire movie sans the last quarter, teased for the next one. No abandonment.

>Development is abandoned
She had development in 2.0, more than she had in early NGE, and would continue to have that in 3.0 if 3.0 didn't shit the bed.

Now compare that to 3.0 where characters are literally not present, and there is not enough time to make up for that with 3.0+1.0.

>3.33 didn't fix that, but changed Shinjis "A heroes journey" back to his actual character.
3.33 ruined it, 2.0 didn't. It didn't do anything concerning changing Shinji's character back to his actual character either, not in context with NGE and least of all in context with 2.0.

>NGE had a build up to that, you know.
It had less buildup than 2.0, and that's a fact. It happens early in NGE, whilst 2.0's buildup is in 2.0. He didn't just see devastation, he had development with these characters and just went through a similar event. You are just shit at character-analysis, or you're ignoring it because you're a fantard.

>supernatural stuff
Completely irrelevant as I pointed out earlier. TV-NGE demands the existence of it for 26 episodes, so it's not a surprise in EoE when it arrives. Your point = trash.

>It clearly didn't kill Shinjis characterization.
It made it into a farce. That's killing it.

>But for the rest. sure. Like I mentioned above, but there was not very much to drop in the first place.
There was, and losing it is a loss regardless.
>>
>>138881818
He was a filthy Reifag. He's where he belongs, now.
>>
File: 567894434.png (159 KB, 463x297) Image search: [Google]
567894434.png
159 KB, 463x297
I wanted a spinoff about the angels, personally.
>>
>>138884173
>>138883490
Just going to add that 2.0 had entirely fine built up characters, for being half-way into the story. It balanced doing new things with developing existing characters, which meant that 3.33 would be free to mature the plot and story into the final movie.

All 3.33 did was to turn pandering to 11 and create the worst entry in the entire evangelion franchise.
>>
The fourth movie is never going to come out, is it?
>>
>>138884679
I honestly wouldn't mind.
>>
>>138883707
>The entire humanity being genocided? Literally not present in 2.0, in any form whatsoever
Shinji initiates third impact. Third impact results in the complete genocide of humanity. This was the consequence of Shinji's GAR moment. Then, AFTER this consequence begins to unfold, the Gay Rapist From Outer Space comes down and puts a stop to it with his Plot Spear.

Even as Shinji is having his heartwarming moment with Rei, Ritsuko is explaining how humanity is basically about to be wiped out in a nightmarish cataclysm. It completely changes the tone of the scene, but people were too hung up on "muh spirals" "muh shonen" to notice.

I know that some people were just buttmad shipperfags, but there were a great many people who genuinely believe like >>138883187 that 2.0 was just a shallow action movie and that it completely missed the point of NGE, when those couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>>138884724
i cant kill myself if it doesnt come out
>>
>>138884679
>>138884724
I want it to come out so I can be done with it already. I want to move on.
>>
File: crosses.jpg (2 MB, 4056x4136) Image search: [Google]
crosses.jpg
2 MB, 4056x4136
>>138884862
>>
>>138884862
2.0 was just a shallow action movie that completely missed the point of NGE and >>138885053 is just a silly attempt at rationalizing after the fact.
>>
>>138885053
Ritsuko literally says that it's the beginning of the third impact.

I trust Ritsuko.
>>
>>138885053
Third Impact and Near Third Impact are two different things
>>
>>138885139
Are you a shipperfag? If not, thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>138884862
>Shinji initiates third impact. Third impact results in the complete genocide of humanity. This was the consequence of Shinji's GAR moment. Then, AFTER this consequence begins to unfold, the Gay Rapist From Outer Space comes down and puts a stop to it with his Plot Spear.
In other words, no genocide. That is the consequence of Shinji's GAR moment.

If you want to consider consequence, then the consequence of not initating third impact, or piloting is indeed the genocide of mankind by the hands of angry Angel. The definite death of Misato and the rest, who were already cornered and about to be turned into a fine red mist.

>Even as Shinji is having his heartwarming moment with Rei, Ritsuko is explaining how humanity is basically about to be wiped out in a nightmarish cataclysm. It completely changes the tone of the scene, but people were too hung up on "muh spirals" "muh shonen" to notice.
You speak for all people now? Let me tell you this, the people who say that speak for themselves, and they are so angry at that heartwarming moment that they drop fairness, logic and rationality, and straight up lying to my and everyone in this thread's face.

So let's try some logic. Does a heartwarming moment preclude the fact that the tone is going dark, and going dark fast? No. Does the tone going dark exclude the fact that there was a genuinely heartwarming moment earlier? Not at all.

Se how both exist in harmony?

In fact, let's bring in another fact of observation, and that is that the tone has been dark since the beginning. We've already gone through one apocalypse, and right before Shinji even gets into the EVA, the world is about to end, again.
These shipperfags, and that idiot you quoted, are part of the same retarded group.

The group that doesn't realize that 2.22 and 1.11 is perfectly in tone with the first two halves of Evangelion, which by the way, 1.11 and 2.22 is also for Rebuild. It's first half.
>>
File: 1421795288724.png (105 KB, 356x438) Image search: [Google]
1421795288724.png
105 KB, 356x438
Does anyone know where I can find a rip of the 1080p Blu-ray box set? Thanks in advance.
>>
I know that this isn't at all a new revelation, but I'd been avoiding these threads for a while and stupidly thought by some strange chance they might have improved. Why is it that militant Asukafags and Reifags always have to act like fucking three-year olds? Like, there's literally some guy in this thread repeatedly calling Rei a toilet, and then there's that guy who tries to individually force that Asuka is a tranny meme who seriously can't have a mental age over six based on how convinced he is of his genius for coming up with such a purile, autistically echoed disparagement. I mean, I take my Asuka waifufaggotry to mental and financial extremes, but I don't think this means that another girl who happens to be in the same show as her is my enemy who I have to fling my own feces at; that's how fucking kindergartenners think. I know waifu wars are an essential part of /a/, but Eva threads take what should be some enjoyable banter to unfunny, autistic, buttblasted extremes. Of course, sometimes the *fags will admit how stupid and autistic these arguments and elaborate justifications and condemnations become, but only through the lens of showing the other side's idiocy while completely glossing over their own. Tl;dr neither Rei or Asuka are shit or are ruining the franchise, the extremes of both of their fanbases are.
>>
>>138885388
It's up on nyaa
>>
>>138885269
We all have to cope with it one way or the other, and that's the way you chose. I understand, it's okay.
>>
>>138885480
Reifags are the worst
>>
>>138885480
We are currently in a state of limbo due to Rebuild and not knowing who will win.

Tensions are high
>>
>>138885480
I think you find it convenient to blame both sides when you know that there is only one extreme side 'ruining the franchise' - yours.

So, let's try this, logically:

Who is ruining the franchise? That'd be the ones in control of it, who can steer where it goes and define what it is to become.
Who are the ones in control? That'd be Hideaki Anno, and the second-most credited writer for new projects, Tsurumaki Kazuya.
What 'side', if any, do these belong to? They're both outspoken Asukafags, representing their exteremes.

These facts, along with taking into account the development of the franchise to being aggressively anti-Rei while strongly pro-Asuka, it's very clear that the mode of thought ruining the franchise is nothing else than Asukafaggotry.

But hey, you're going to just keep blaming everyone instead of yourself, right? Reminds me of this weak-willed red-head in a cartoon I once saw. Until she broke, of course.
>>
>>138885327
>So let's try some logic. Does a heartwarming moment preclude the fact that the tone is going dark, and going dark fast? No. Does the tone going dark exclude the fact that there was a genuinely heartwarming moment earlier? Not at all.
>Se how both exist in harmony?
>In fact, let's bring in another fact of observation, and that is that the tone has been dark since the beginning. We've already gone through one apocalypse, and right before Shinji even gets into the EVA, the world is about to end, again.
>The group that doesn't realize that 2.22 and 1.11 is perfectly in tone with the first two halves of Evangelion, which by the way, 1.11 and 2.22 is also for Rebuild. It's first half.
What are we arguing about again? Because this was basically my whole point, and my reason for pointing out that Shinji's GAR moment is juxtaposed with the start of something very bad - that it was true to the original series' style.
>>
File: 1432084777191.png (101 KB, 471x355) Image search: [Google]
1432084777191.png
101 KB, 471x355
>>138885741
>It's your fault because Anno doesn't like Rei
Ok
>>
> Asuka's backstory arrives in ep 22. That's near the end of the series. 2.0 doesn't make anything in 4.0 impossible.

Sure but until then, we got a template tsundere, who was able to concede her love intrest.

> Still alive, still present for the entire movie sans the last quarter, teased for the next one. No abandonment.

Like I said: abandoned character-wise. In 2.22 Asukas development was:
I actually kind of like that fuck.
Let's beat her and make dinner for him.
Fuck I lost to her....welp at least I got a replacement Unit

It's all about fucking Shinji.

Rei got a bit with that "I'm no doll, bitch"

Misato got nothing

Toji became irrelevant

The others, too but it's kind of excusable with them, since the scenes that made them relevant as characters got cut anyways.

> She had development in 2.0, more than she had in early NGE,

Are you fucking kidding me? In 2.22 She fell in love with Shinji and realized she lost.

Magma Diver alone had more development than this.

I NEVER said, characters other than Shinji were relevant in 3.33. Just that it's with Shinji at least better than having almost nothing like 2.22.

> It had less buildup than 2.0, and that's a fact.

kill yourself
>>
>>138885783
Well if I'm going to object to anything, it's the use of the "GAR" terminology. It's just furthering some idiots misconception of both NGE and Rebuild.

The point I'm making is that there is nothing wrong with getting excited for a moment that is, genuinely heartwarming. If you don't, there's basically something wrong with you.
>>
>>138885621
>>138885741
Holy shit both of you are proving my point perfectly, can you even hear yourselves? Does any world exist to you outside of the one where you are completely right and the enemy is completely wrong?
>>
>>138885741
It's not the franchise that is becoming anti-Rei, it's just Rei was a gigantic shit of a character since the start and you've only realized this now.
>>
>>138885688
If you actually think 4.0 will offer you definitive resolution in that regard you are a fool.
>>
>>138885862
>Sure but until then, we got a template tsundere, who was able to concede her love intrest.
In other words, a character that defies the stereotype, something that would be very interesting for the people who demand that Evangelion deconstructs stereotype. Well, they would be if they actually cared about that, and weren't shipper retards.

This "template", is when juxtaposed with event he original pre-ep 12 Asuka, a fairly good character to continue onwards with.

>Like I said: abandoned character-wise. In 2.22 Asukas development was:
>The others, too but it's kind of excusable with them, since the scenes that made them relevant as characters got cut anyways.

So you concede that Asuka has character-development, so then what's your point? Nothing.

>Are you fucking kidding me? In 2.22 She fell in love with Shinji and realized she lost.
Which is arguably more than she has in NGE, where she is not changing herself at all.

>kill yourself
No you. Consider magma diver or any other episode where Shinji acts out in combat, there is no development. This is super-early NGE.
>>
>>138885880
>Well if I'm going to object to anything, it's the use of the "GAR" terminology. It's just furthering some idiots misconception of both NGE and Rebuild.
Fair enough.

>The point I'm making is that there is nothing wrong with getting excited for a moment that is, genuinely heartwarming.
I hope I didn't imply that. I fucking loved that scene.
>>
>>138886008
Definitive? No.

More fuel for the fire? Yes.
>>
>>138885885
I can read what I write just fine. Can you?

Because if you're genuinely honest about what you're writing, and not part of the problem yourself, you should be able to objectively discuss the matter like done here: >>138885741

or, you could resign and accept being part of the problem and just shitpost fullsteam, like
>>138885621
>>138885688
>>138885855
>>138885885
>>138886005
does.
>>
>>138885862
Anon, Asuka in early NGE basically got _zero_ character development. She is the same at the end of ep 13-ish, as she was at the start of her introduction.

Both 2.0 and NGE develop Asuka, but only 2.0 actually has an arc for her where she changes into something different, by her own means and realization.
>>
>>138886085
You're the only problem here, Reifag.
>>
>>138886085
Your arguments are about the creators, not the fans. They don't apply here. I know you like this little argument that you've made but it doesn't apply everywhere.
>>
>>138886057
So does everyone not afflicted with terminal shipper-itis.
>>
>>138885741
Something bad happening to a character does not equal the series that character is in being anti-that character. You, just as much as Asukafags, miss the entire point of the series and instead of thinking that something is just a stupid plot point or a badly thought-out way to introduce tension and tragedy (the revelation about Rei Q and Rei still being in the Eva), you construe it as a personal attack on the character and yourself like the paranoid shit you are. You, not Reifags, not Asukafags, but the insufferable autists who can't see a series as anything other than a competition for their favorite character to "win," are exactly what makes Eva threads among the biggest steaming piles of cancer on this board.
>>
>>138854025
i liked it i don't really need to defend it if you didn't i thought it was better than anything from the original series
>>
File: 26267088.jpg (116 KB, 571x699) Image search: [Google]
26267088.jpg
116 KB, 571x699
>>138886085
>accept being part of the problem
Even accepting your logic why is it Asuka's fault that a Kaworu centered movie shits on Rei?

Shouldn't you be mad at the Kaworufags?
>>
>I'm so superior for being a pacifist, validate me anonymous
Uh-oh.
>>
>>138886370
She looks like Rin from FSN.
>>
>>138886187
It applies here because even the creators themselves can become fans, and even be fans from the beginning.
You can keep evading the argumentation and realities if you'd like, but you'd only be as bad as >>138886181
and the problem you yourself criticize.

>>138886322
>Something bad happening to a character does not equal the series that character is in being anti-that character.
Something bad happening to a character could mean both. In the case of Rebuild and most of Anno's post-EVA works, that is the case. More on that later.

>You, just as much as Asukafags, miss the entire point of the series and instead of thinking that something is just a stupid plot point or a badly thought-out way to introduce tension and tragedy (the revelation about Rei Q and Rei still being in the Eva), you construe it as a personal attack on the character and yourself like the paranoid shit you are

Insults aside, if it only was that probable I'd agree.

The idea that it is a genuine plot-development goes out the window when we have:

>The professed bias from the author(s)
Read up on Anno and Tsurumaki.
>The fact that bad things happen exclusively to one character, or in relation to that character
All things considered, Asuka and their other favorites are entirely spared, and the setting is constructed specficially to make this happen. Even when you might complain that Asuka was attacked by Bardiel in 2.0, it's obvious that the movie makes it out to be a sacrifice.
If you're still in doubt, Anno/Tsurumaki says that was the purpose in the CRC.

>The bad things are very, very specific
Quite honestly, writing out Rei for no reason and rewriting the character backstory negatively, can't be overlooked.

If anything is what makes EVA-threads bad, it's when waifufags and people such as yourself refuse to discuss the state of the franchise honestly because of political fandom nonsense. Your denial, coupled with hostility from the rest is what makes it cancer.
>>
File: 1400797229207.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1400797229207.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>138885480

to me the stupid shitposting is fine, you can have silly worst/best girl shit, its just stupid memes

I just hate it when shit gets personal.

I like Asuka because I deeply understood how easy it is to want to buff up your ego so you can mentally cope with trauma. Her story was like a big warning to me.

I didn't relate to Rei as much and felt that while her character arc was great, it was more a parallel with the overarching existential themes and not with the down to earth coping that the rest of the cast does.

If you like Rei and relate with her characters then I have no problem with you, If you're this fookin' guy >>138885741 who comes in these threads spits vile at people who hold no guilt. Shippers are a thing, woo hoo, ignore them.

>>138886085
There is absolutely nothing objective about blaming fags on 4chan that you don't agree with for the decisions of a creator and his team at Khara. Are they probably fucking with Rei? Probably are.

The kicker is, I know for a fact that not all Reifags are Davido-kun tier autists who like her because she's cute, quiet and nonthreatening. But you're worse than that, you're vile, judgmental, and get triggered over people being idiots when that's something you learn to leave behind on website

If the Nip Reifags you seem to believe Anno has it in for are anything like yourself, I don't blame him for trying to drive a stake through your heart.

BTW You need to mix up your writing style, you might as well put up a trip at this point.
>>
>>138886370
He's jealous of Asuka, so he takes it out on Asukafags
>>
File: 1367697710265.jpg (129 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1367697710265.jpg
129 KB, 500x375
>the walls of text have arrived
>>
>>138886627
If the creators are being influenced by the fanbase, that's still on them. Fans are, and always will be, shit, and they should never be allowed to touch works they are fans of.
>>
>>138886370
Look, deflecting 'blame' doesn't work here. I'm not pointing my crosshairs onto the Asukafags for no good reason, it's because the evidence points straight at them.
Accepting the logic is all we have to do, and it's fine if you want to add something to it or correct something.

>>138886675
You can't really discredit someone for being judgemental when you're quite literally, condemning me and others in your very own post. Serves against it's purpose.

Try putting aside your asukafaggotry and view it logically. Because at this point, you're only doing one thing: Proving me right when I don't actually want to be right.
>>
>>138885167
It was, but then it was stopped by Kaworu, hence "Near-Third Impact."

>>138885053
Kaworu says the Spears are the key to triggering Instrumentality. There were four at Second Impact, two at Third, and two at Fourth. Unit 01 didn't have any, which is probably why N3I just blew the Geofront open
>>
>>138886764
All saying the same things that have been said before and will be said again.
>>
>>138886764
Can we stop arguing over pointless things and instead talk about how unappealing Asuka's new outfit is?
>>
File: 40273701_p1.jpg (238 KB, 700x819) Image search: [Google]
40273701_p1.jpg
238 KB, 700x819
>>138886865
>not appreciating superios slav fashion
>>
>>138886775
I know what you're saying.

But there's one thing you're not seeing, and that is that the creators themselves are part of the fanbase. Not only that, the creators also do their part in shaping the fanbase. It is on the creators primarily in my opinion.
But this guy: >>138885480
claimed it was the extremes of both fanbases - which logically can't be true considering the situation.

So to avoid this truth, that his group are "the baddies" as far as we can prove or discover, then he'd rather become what he criticizes himself, an extreme of his own fanbase, the Asuka fans. He's no better if he continues doing that.
>>
File: 5357284.png (79 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
5357284.png
79 KB, 480x360
>>138886817
>Look, deflecting 'blame' doesn't work here.
Looks to me like you are twisting the evidence so it fits your theory.

Rei was shelved so that Asuka could look better she was shelved so Kaworu and Shinji could have "gay piano noises"
>>
>>138886675
You're just butthurt you're an Asukafag and you've been called out. Instead of addressing the facts, you posted a wall of textual butthurt and anger. That's vile.
>>
>>138887043
*was't shelved
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.