[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Summer.Wars.full.500781.jpg (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Summer.Wars.full.500781.jpg
1 MB, 1440x900
What makes this film so great? I thought it was terrible.

Sure the animation was good (above mediocre, not great) but the storyline was incredibly predictable, bland and with lots of cliches.

I want your opinions folks!
>>
>>138821342
yeah, I agree, but it has that "feel good" factor that makes casuals ignore all its flaws
>>
>>138821342
My opinion is exactly the same as yours, which isn't great for debate; sorry.
>>
>>138821342
I wouldn't call it "great".
It was enjoyable enough to watch all the way through, but it certainly wasn't worth watching again.
>>
It's not a great movie by any means, especially considering it's a rehash of Bokura no War Game.
It's decent/average, hardly better than that.
>>
>>138821342
>What makes this film so great?
I dunno, maybe you should stop asking furries and 12-year olds for their opinion. It was a pretty bad movie.

sage
>>
>>138821518
I'd say that about a lot of anime films, really.

It makes me question the praise some of them get.
>>
>>138821567
Like what? Maybe you should stop watching things because other people like them.
>>
Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by its popularity and scores then.

It was certainly a fun film to watch with a decent feel good factor but was pretty cringe worthy at times for multiple reasons.

Anybody know any really good, deep anime films? Or just ones that you think are 'better' in the areas I've mentioned.

The animation in redline and garden of words was amazing and I find the most Ghibli films are quite deep and have better story telling.
>>
>>138821664
Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue, though haven't watched either yet
>>
I think part of the problem with this is that you never really get to know what the characters are like.

By that I mean that usually we have a build-up where the main characters life/etc is shown to the viewer so we can relate to them and why we should want them to win/succeed/etc. In this that doesn't happen.
>>
>>138821714

I've got perfecft blue but haven't watched it. I had heard that was pretty good.

I remember watching ghost in the shell but have pretty poor memory of it desu. Maybe I should give it another shot.
>>
>>138821524

My original opinion of this being a 'great' film came from adult on rottentomatoes, imdb, etc. Not children.

I was wondering if anybody on an ANIME board could give me a way at looking at it differently that made it better or could explain why so many liked it.

fuck off troll.
>>
>>138821849
Please don't read reviews on or decide what to watch based on those sites, at lest for anime.

On topic, I think I may have liked it more without the fantastic technology elements.
>>
>>138821805
I've put off watching Perfect Blue because the abuse makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>138821926
Fantastic meaning fictional.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.