[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOGH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: LOGHfags will defend this.jpg (312 KB, 1264x951) Image search: [Google]
LOGHfags will defend this.jpg
312 KB, 1264x951
>over reliance on expository dialogues for both plot and themes (telling rather than showing, the worst sin in audiovisual storytelling)
>predictable plot conveniences and melodramatic bullshit (examples from the beginning: Jean Robert being sent on a fleet that you know is doomed to be destroyed, the fleet commander getting hurt right after the protagonist wishes he could take command in his place, etc)
>lazy immersion-breaking details like sound in space
>2-dimensional battle tactics obviously inspired by naval warfare despite being set in space, how are you supposed to take the characters seriously as master tacticians when they don't understand their battlefield's rules?
>subjective but I found the animation to be really dated and ugly, and jarring when it shifts style from one ep to the next
I never watch anime because let's face it most of it is garbage, but was recommended to watch this because it was supposed to be good and different, not unlike epic literature or quality TV such as The Wire. Turns out it's still trash. Trash with interesting ambitions and potential, but doomed by incompetence typical of a worthless medium for emotionally stunted and intellectually challenged teenagers. Congratulations to all the tasteless masochists who have watched 110 episodes of this tripe while you could have instead gotten a girlfriend or watched something worthwhile like filmographies of respected arthouse filmmakers.
>>
LoGH is visually crap and I don't necessarily disagree with your points but
>telling rather than showing, the worst sin in audiovisual storytelling
This is not true, stop parroting the first and only thing you ever learned about visual media like a pretentious 'arthouse' faggot. Dialogue and narration have their own value and can't just constantly be replaced by 'showing' what happens.
>>
File: image.png (269 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269 KB, 500x472
>>138816813
>>
File: TellMeHowYouReallyFeel.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TellMeHowYouReallyFeel.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
>>138816813
This maybe copypaste bait, but I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>138816813
So you barely got one episode in?
>>
>>138816919
if i wanted to read a story i'd read a book not poorly translated yellow subtitles
>>
>over reliance on expository dialogues for both plot and themes (telling rather than showing, the worst sin in audiovisual storytelling)
True
>predictable plot conveniences
True, especially with developments regarding Lang and Reinhardo
>lazy immersion-breaking details like sound in space
7/10, obvious but funny. Not bad
>2-dimensional battle tactics obviously inspired by naval warfare despite being set in space
Same as above
>subjective but I found the animation to be really dated and ugly, and jarring when it shifts style from one ep to the next
Subtle bait, probably. Hard to tell
>doomed by incompetence typical of a worthless medium for emotionally stunted and intellectually challenged teenagers
Very true senpai
>>
Garbage anime indeed.
>>
>>138817439
Right, but things can be both told AND shown to great effect, which is why 'show don't tell' is fucking retarded.
>>
>>138817439
You can now and will find it less engaging than the adaptation.
>>
>>138817556
No, I read Dawn already and it's shitloads better
>>
>>138816813
The problem with this is, it's a good story, but honestly not good in terms of being purely an anime.

Only reason it isn't live action is because it would need western TV budget and actors.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.