[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cowboy Bebop Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SteveBlumHeadshot12-121.jpg (505 KB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
SteveBlumHeadshot12-121.jpg
505 KB, 1600x1280
>Keanu Reeves was actually attached to be Spike.
>And they wrote a script and I actually met him in an airport a couple of years ago.
>The fans kinda went "Argh, we don't know if that's going to work out," and Spike is a very different kind of character.
>And based on the history of anime going into feature films it hasn't gone very well.
>So fans were really, really hesitant if anyone was going to take it, much less Keanu Reeves.
[...]
>I met him in an airport, and first of all, the dude is really tall, and he's really thin and he's got the body type right away, he can do the physicality of Spike.
>First of all that was striking, and then secondly, I went up to him kinda like a little fanboy and I said, "Dude, I'm not completely geeking-out on you but I have to tell you that the fans have been talking about this for a long time and I just wanted to get your perspective on it."
>And so I asked him, I introduced myself, he was really sweet, he goes, "Dude I wanted to meet you. I've heard about you, I've watched all the episodes, I'm actually really into the show."
>He said that he was very invested in it.
>I believe that he would do a really great job.
>He's an awesome guy.
>And he said the script was written, it was fantastic, but it would have cost a half a billion dollars to make, and he was worried that by the time it did get greenlit that he may not be able to do his own stunts.
>And he really wanted to do that for this.
>There's alot of martial arts involved, and it's a specific kind of martial arts.
>If it does get greenlit then it would be fun to see, I'd be very interested to see what he would do.

-Steve Blum

>http://www.vobuzzweekly.com/episodes/94/84/Steve-Blum-PT2-EP90.html
>>
Why even make it? Leave CB alone
>>
Fuck yeah Keanu would make a perfect Spike. How does anyone doubt this? Holy shit it's like you faggots get your opinions from internet trolls.
>>
File: 1406074224953.jpg (9 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
1406074224953.jpg
9 KB, 306x165
>>
>>138800879
If they absolutely HAVE to make this schlock I'd at least prefer to see Reeves over anyone else, but I'd rather they just not do it at all.
>>
this movie has been in production hell for like 10 years

it's never coming out
>>
Animation doesn't need live adaptations
>>
>>138804562
Old jewish people in Hollywood need money, though.
>>
>>138804590

Well, need and want are basically the same thing when it comes to money.
>>
>>138804128
Really?
He was just in John Wick and looked pretty alright in that. Make up could put him in Spike's age range.
>>
>>138800879
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>138800879
No one
NO ONE
Would do Spike more justice than Reeves
>>
John Wick proves he could do it. Instead of this, we're getting Scarlet Jo in some sure to be shit GiTS movie
>>
>>138805290

As long as they get a stunt double for the martial arts scenes. Holy shit was he terrible in Man of Tai Chi.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.