[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally steals Lordgenomes dormant machines for 90% of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: G-L_-_Simon-gar.jpg (43 KB, 668x576) Image search: [Google]
G-L_-_Simon-gar.jpg
43 KB, 668x576
>Literally steals Lordgenomes dormant machines for 90% of the series
>Lordgenome made everything from fucking nothing, presumably with no motivational figure like Kamina to guide him
>Simon needs his bros guidance for everything, and would have been stuck in limbo if not for him
>WOW, WHAT A STRONG WILLED CHARACTER HE SURE CAN DO ANYTHING

There's a reason why the second half of the series is so shitty.
Lordgenomes past should have been more of a main focus, instead of being explained through a 5 min animation.
>>
Gunman are old bustermachines and anti spirals are space monsters
you can't prove me wrong
>>
>>138799956
Genome's story would suck because we know how it ends with him ultimately wimping out and destroying everything he ever built.
>>
>>138800052
No I can't, because it would be just like them to piss all over Gunbuster a second time, as if Diebuster wasn't bad enough.
>>
LordGenome had one of the greatest moments in anime history when he summons Lazengann one last time and activates LAZENGANNNN OVERLOADAAAAAAAAA
>>
The only thing I genuinely disliked about Lordgenome was how the nigger treated his generals. Why the fuck would you instill so much fear of failure in your main henchmen (specially when they do most of the work while you watch from the sidelines) they literally beat up each other for it?
>>
>>138799956
ROW ROW
>>
Does anyone actually think TTGL has any good characters?
Besides MALtards, of course.
>>
>>138801123
They' re good characters contextually.
>>
>>138801123
viral was okay

kittan was like a kamina that had some awareness
>>
>>138800348
After his own utter defeat at the hands of the anti-spirals he was convinced that the path of evolution/spiral would lead to extinction through the anti-spirals and nothing else, so he absolutely could not afford to lose

>>138799956
watch the first movie you dumb faggot
>>
>>138799956
I can't remember Lordgenome beating up the anti spiral with his bare fists.
>>
>>138799956
Genome kept failing and as a result fell into despair.

When Simon failed he pushed himself past it. That is the difference between the two.

It is also the reason why everything is fucking drills, seeing how Simon explained it about 50 times.
>>
>>138799956
It's called character development you tard
A strong MC doesn't make an anime good, it's the moral of the story. Else shonen like FT would be tge GOAT manga.
>>
>>138799956
Is this a continuation from yesterday's thread?
>>
>>138801123
rossiu is good
>>
File: 1439337822759.png (104 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
1439337822759.png
104 KB, 300x310
Simone's only reason for fighting in the second half is to get Nia back
Even if it would destroy the universe he fights to get Nia back
Do the impossible!

Why don't you bring her back? Nah, that's impossible.
>>
>>138799956
Lord Genome failed
Simon didnt(personal bad end aside)
>>
>>138803809
He was fighting to save her life, not to bring her back from death. Those are two very different things.
>>
>>138799956
>LordGenome makes a bunch of mechas and a huge ass fortress
>it gets sieged by some teenagers who are attacking with the leftovers of his own army

Ya Simon deserved Genome's toys more (his lagann was his very own though)
>>
>>138800133
Have you never watched a movie that starts with the ending?
>>
>>138804204
Watched some, never really liked any of them. Knowing how the story ends isn't the real problem though, it's that we know the story ends in a really shitty way.
>>
>>138801123
Kamina, Kittan, and Lordgenome are good.
>>
>>138804034
Did she even die the moment Anti-Spiral went kaboom? It's been so long I don't remember. I thought he had like a good chunk of time to figure out how to fix her.
>>
>>138801123
Better than your typical seasonal lolishit anyway.
>>
Gurren Lagann really should have ended after the first season. The 2nd season was completely different.
>>
>>138806736
no she died during their wedding
>>
>>138807766
But she was already dead.

Has anime taught you nothing?
>>
>>138801123
Viral
Engineer Lady
>>
>>138807210
Well, yeah.

First season ultimately boils down to a feel-good "you can do anything if you put your mind to it" message.

Second season turns that around and says "Is that actually a good thing?" and then concludes "Yes, now choke on my giant drill-cock you faggy pessimist."

Would it still be a good series without the second half? Probably, yeah. Would it be complete without it? I don't think so.
>>
>>138804435
same reason i'm not too thrilled about that barakamon prequel thing either
>>
File: naruto sakura top cuck.jpg (165 KB, 321x560) Image search: [Google]
naruto sakura top cuck.jpg
165 KB, 321x560
>>138799956
>MUH LORD GENOME
>GET LOLI DAUGHTER TAKEN FROM HIM
>GET HIS ELITE 4 TAKEN FROM HIM
>GET HIS GURREN TAKEN FROM HIM
>GET ALL HIS SHIT TAKEN FROM HIM
>BY A FUCKING PRE-TEEN OLD BOY
You're literally supporting and glorifying an NTR'D
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>138804435
If the ending is going to be bad anyway, it's nice to be warned at the beginning though.
>>
>>138801123
I think Viral was pretty well-written.
>>
Yoko a best.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.