[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That was amazing! Why is everyone else like Misato dead and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: endofevangelion.png (506 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
endofevangelion.png
506 KB, 900x506
That was amazing! Why is everyone else like Misato dead and how is Asuka alive?
>>
They're dead because they want to be
Shinji and Asuka are alive because they want to be
>>
File: 7 (5).png (2 MB, 1400x1058) Image search: [Google]
7 (5).png
2 MB, 1400x1058
>>138768800
Because she pilots an EVA and already has experience syncing with the LCL. Misato and the rest all become trilobites in a million years if you go by the manga's implications.
>>
>>138768851
So the ones who are dead, are their souls stitched together? Have they undergone Instrumentality or are they just regular dead?
>>
>>138768800
Her desire to suck dick is keeping her alive.
>>
>>138768903
they are tang, if they want to come back alive they can
>>
>>138768978
Oh wow that's pretty neat, so Yui can come back too? I think she was turned into LCL during Unit-01's initial tests
>>
>>138769106
Yui is off floating away in space never to be seen again. I think.
>>
>>138769106
She wasn't turned in to LCL. She merged with Unit-01
>>
>>138768800
>That was amazing!
>didn't understand what happened

welcome to /a/, you can leave now
>>
Why does Shinji choke Asuka at the end?
>>
>>138769717
because he experienced instrumentality and wasn't sure she was real. When she touches his face and Shinji cries he's relieved to know that she is real and came back alive
>>
File: 1458139331535.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458139331535.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>138769717
It's his fetish
>>
>>138769384
That's what I took away, anyhow. Yui takes Longinus and the awakened Unit 01 to deep space, every other Eva and God are dead, and Lilin are alone on Earth whether they choose infantilism or adulthood.
>>
>>138768877
Manga is not canon. Stop bringing that piece of shit hollow piggy back copy.

They can all go back to their previous forms whenever they want and as long as they can remember how they where in their hearts.

Asuka got back from tangland because she had found a reason and a meaning to be alive. During her battle in geofront, she clearly refused to be defeated and to perish.
>>
File: tumblr_m7hc2eRE421rvbjx3o1_500.gif (1018 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7hc2eRE421rvbjx3o1_500.gif
1018 KB, 500x341
>>138769788
>>138769717
Also because Hedgehog dilema theory:

Hedgehog dilema of what happens in the show:

Girl likes boy, keeps giving him advances but grows frustrated when boy is too fucking naive to notice them thus keeps hurting her.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

Boy likes girl but is too scared of getting rejected/getting hurt by her. To the point of percieving her as a hate machine in his own mind. He is only capable of telling her how he feels and what he wants when she is incapable of saying no.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

During apocalyptic fuck up, boy goes again to girl in desperation. The girl "how he percieves her on his mind" rejects him and hurts him as he expected her to do so. He explodes in frustration and strangles that which makes him weak and suffer.

At the end after an apocalyptic fuck up. Boy sees the real girl on the beach and hurts her on impulse believing that the girl that he percieved on instrumentality is how the girl in reality really is.

Girl reaches for his warmth despite being hurt. In this case plainly referencing the hedgehog dilema in which hedgehog A would get close for warm to hedgehog B without giving a fuck about getting hurt.

Boy feels the sincere kindness and touch that he had so longed and breaks into tears over girl. Thus confirming to the girl that boy reciprocates her feelings.

Girl says: disgusting which could mean:
She is disgusted that she loves a guy like him.
She was aware of what boy was doing during the hospital scene and insulted him as he had asked her and also because she feels repulsive that he jerked to her.

In the end they finally manage to communicate each other anon and the wall of frustrations that had been built during the show is gone, leaving them in a very promising note.
>>
>>138770317
That was a pretty good explanation, thanks
>>
>>138768800
The correct opening to this thread is "What the fuck did I just watch" overall I rate you 2/10 for effort.
>>
>>138770568
Glad you liked it, sorry for my bad grammar. My english grammar isnt particulary good.
>>
Is this the thread where we ask stupid questions about EoE? I've been waiting for one of these.

Could someone explain to me what Gendo's plan was? And specifically how it was different from SEELEs plan? Because SEELE had Eva01 crucified, Gendo turned Rei into Giga-Rei, and when they met, they just fused together as if this was exactly what was supposed to happen from the start. As far as I can tell they both wanted instrumentality to happen. So why was SEELE invading and killing everyone in Tokyo3? That was like two thirds of the movie, and I have no idea why it happened.
>>
>>138771017
I think SEELE and Gendo both wanted Instrumentality to happen, but in their own way. Gendo mainly did it to see Yui, SEELE for "evolving" the human race. In the end Rei/Lilith asked Shinji what he wanted

I could be wrong though
>>
>>138771017
Seele wanted all of mankind transformed into one being embodied inside Unit 01, Gendo wanted to hoist them and take control while maintaining his own personality and retrieving Yui's, then Rei hoisted them both.
>>
>>138769717
Because he hates her
>>
File: asuka134.jpg (28 KB, 531x300) Image search: [Google]
asuka134.jpg
28 KB, 531x300
>>138769717
you fucking autists make me sick. not every fucking thing has to be fully explained. that literally goes against what art is supposed to represent. you are the kind of people that will look at a picasso and think "that looks nothing like a person, fuck this shit this dont make sense".

what's more important is that the emotions, themes, etc. is expressed through visual medium (in this instance). in that regard, even though i have no idea what is ACTUALLY happening within the fictional canon, i do "get it".

and to me the scene, the red ocean, the dark sky, represent the bleakness of reality which shinji has come to terms with. when he sees asuka he basically loses it. all the real world pain and suffering he went through comes back all at once and he looks for a "release" (echoing the FIRST scene of the movie where he is looking for some kind of "release").

when asuka touches his face, he realizes in this bleak real world that there still is hope for happiness. he starts to cry and asuka says her famous last words. in another callback to the first scene, you could say this is her "response" to it. it also encapsulates the feeling of rejection shinji and subsequently anno feel. those final words tell us that even though shinji might find moments of happiness (represented by asukas touch), he still has to deal with the pain, guilt and shame that he creates and that others place on him.

this is my interpretation of the last scene. i didnt need to spam a board or watch some kids "analysis" on youtube to "get it".

it is a powerful movie.
>>
>>138769796
Shinji is a nice kid he wouldn't do such a thing
>>
>>138770317
>again this fanwank
I thought this was /a/ not fucking EvaGeeks.
>>
>>138775209
people from 4chan go on EvaGeeks?
>>
>>138769717
He wanted to conffirm if the world was the real world after seeing Rei who is, supposedly, not the Rei he knew anymore.
When he noticed that it was the real world and that the first thing he had done once he was back in it was strangling another person, remembering how he complained people always made him hurt, and how he just made hurt to another person too, he cried.
You have to remember that both characters have changed through the movie. Asuka, after realizing his mother was in the eva always protecting her. Shinji, after all the conversation with Rei, and then Kaworu: Firstly, noticing that a word without pain was a world without uncertainity and emotions, and then that it was wrong. A few after, saying: I want to see them again because I know my feelings were real. And then Yui: I still don't know where my happiness is, etc, but I'll continue.
>>
>>138775301
When I read such post, it make me think that yes, there's no other possibility. I don't think there can be many people here that can actually believe something like that. EoE is not a movie where the final objetive is that the main character gets the girl. Is not about shipping, and reducing it to such thing while forgetting what it tries to teach you is being blind.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.