[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He did nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 234x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 234x269
So, imagine this scenario:
You were doing so well, you started out as pesant, now you could marry the princess and become the king in no time.
Then you loose it all.
You are back to square zero.
You have been tortured for a year.
You can't walk, hold anything, talk, get dressed, use the toilet (since you might be missing a dick).
Your gay crush has hooked up with your straight crush and all of the men who were loyal to you, who you were willing to sell your body for, now want to follow your friend instead of you.
You will possibly spend the rest of your life as a mute cripple, being spoon feed and having your ass wiped for you.
BUT.
Demons offer you a bargin.
Sacrifice all of your former friends and you will not only become one of the most powerful beings in existence, but you will also be 1000 times more beautiful, charismatic and successful. And you will achieve your lifelong dream. All by sacrificing the men who were about to abandon you.

Would you either:
A) be a moralfag, sacrifice your only chance to not only live a normal life, but to fulfill your dream.
B) be pragmatic and sacrifice a small and useless band of former friends to
Get your life back and everything you ever wanted.

A or B?
>>
>>143995510
You're confusing whether his motives make sense with whether it's the right thing to do.
>>
I'm not a didnothingwrongfag, but Griffith is sympathetic because the behelit was clearly reacting to his anguish. His desire and desperation caused the Eclipse to happen.

Fault only really comes into question when he's given the choice of becoming one of them or not. Once that's done he's Femto, and we still don't know if Femto is really entirely Griffith.

So all in all, Griffith is responsible for exactly one thing during the entire Eclipse: not throwing himself off the tower once they explained what they were offering him.
>>
File: Behelit.png (427 KB, 922x917) Image search: [Google]
Behelit.png
427 KB, 922x917
So, imagine this scenario:
You were doing so well, you started out as a peasant in a middle eastern country, now you own your own chain of restaurants, you're an accomplished businessman and an admired member of your community.
Then you lose it all.
Another more powerful country invades yours for seemingly no reason.
Your businesses are destroyed, your clientele evaporates as people flee what is now a war zone.
You are back to square zero.
Your daughter, only 3 years old, was killed in a bombing.
You can no longer afford to feed your wife or your son.
BUT.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant offer you a bargain.
Plant a car bomb at a busy street corner full of so-called "infidels" and they will give you $50,000, enough to take care of your family for the foreseeable future. Enough to escape the country or start a new business.

Would you either:
A) be a moralfag, sacrifice your only chance to not only live a normal life, but provide for your family, and see your son grow up to fulfill his dream.
B) be pragmatic and sacrifice a couple dozen coffee-drinking yuppies. Get your life back and everything you ever wanted.
>>
>>143995510
IT'S SPELLED FUCKING LOSE YOU FUCKING UNDERAGE INBRED SHIT.
ONE FUCKING O.
NOT TWO.
>>
>>14399551
forgot the soduku option opie
>>
>>143995510
B but rape my best friend's girlfriend.
>>
>>143996061
>So all in all, Griffith is responsible for exactly one thing during the entire Eclipse: not throwing himself off the tower once they explained what they were offering him
They would have killed the BoH anyway, with or without his sacrifice. They're fucking demons. If anything, by sacrificing everyone and raping Casca, Griffith made sure her and Guts would survive. Skully was busy fighting Zodd on the outside, and if not for his sacrifice buying them time, he wouldn't have managed to save Guts and Casca.

So not only did Griffith do nothing wrong - Griffith actually saved his friends by sacrificing everyone else.
>>
>>143996410
This is such bullshit. No, they wouldn't just kill everyone anyway. That's why it's a sacrifice. The demons are clearly waiting for the God Hand's signal to indulge themselves.
>>
File: 1457218834017.jpg (164 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
1457218834017.jpg
164 KB, 753x1060
I see and share your point.
Still I can't say anything when someone calls Griffith a shit. That's the whole point. He's a tragic hero.
>>
File: YhT90jw.jpg (68 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
YhT90jw.jpg
68 KB, 472x472
>>143996989
>hero
>>
>>143996989
>tragic
>hero
Fuck off !hawk. Your husbando is a terrible person and a villain who did everything wrong.
Eat shit you delusional fucking landwhale.
>>
>>143996989
>>143997040
>>143997085
I'd say he's a tragic hero up until the Eclipse. After the Eclipse he is firmly in the villain territory. I'd say he's still quite a sad character, but utterly despicable.
>>
>>143997394
Fuck off. There's nothing sad about him making a choice to be a villain.
>>
>>143997445
The moment he chooses to be a villain is when it stops being sad, yes. Everything before, even leading up to the eclipse, is pretty sad. But as soon as he says 'I sacrifice' he stops being relatable and becomes evil.

I mean, even before the eclipse, Griffith still does pretty awful things sometimes. He's definitely not the most tragic character ever written, but watching his fall from glory is still a pretty fucking wild ride.
>>
>>143996061
Femto is entirely griffith. Have you read the fantasia-falconia arc?
>>
>>143997394

No one told him to make love with the princess (which leads to him being tortured and whatnot). It's just him being stupid for the sake of being stupid.
>>
>>143997705
In the Game of Thrones you either win or you die.
>>
can griffith really be blamed for what he did? I think that he is also a victim of causality.

He accidentally said the words that made guts leave. Guts leaving made him depressed and he fucked the princess. Fucking the princess led to his downfall. His downfall led to him becoming femto.

Did the God hand plan everything out for Griffith? Did they give him a taste of complete victory, then took it away from him, let him marinade in his anger/insanity and then offered him the good life they took away, but for a price? Sounds like griffith might have been screwed over by fate. I wonder, if all the events that led to him becomin femto were pre planned, then did he ever posess free will?
>>
>>143995510
He fucked everything up by being bitch over Guts leaving. Zero sympathy.
>>
>>143996544
>implying the demons are just going to leave if Griffith doesn't sacrifice
>>
>>143998544
I think it is possible that his entire life was a result of fate and manipulation by the Godhand, which would excuse his actions to *some* degree - but during the actual Eclipse, anything can happen. Stuff isn't ordained by fate. So in that moment, it truly was Griffith's own free will that had him decide to accept the Godhand's offer.
>>
Everyday ethics tells us that a person is supposed to put their survival above any other person's survival, so what he did was not wrong, or at least that is what mainstream ethics would say.

Christian ethics would say otherwise.
>>
>>143996098
>terrorists
>actually paying out
lel what peasant retard would agree to this
>>
>>143998872
>Christian ethics would say otherwise
Well Jesus didn't get his dick chopped off before they crucified him
>>
>>143997040
>>143997085
Yes he is, you illiterate dumb fucks.
He's basically fucked by fate even when he tried to achieve it trought different means.
>>
He lost it all because he was a dumb fuck though. He ruined it for himself because he wanted to throw a baby tantrum,.
>>
It's not the year of torture and losing it all, wasn't Griffith planning the Eclipse from the start?
>>
>>144001913
Yeah, he totally wanted to sacrifice everybody and turn into a demon.
The whole "own country" was a lie.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.