[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they make a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: owarinoseraph.jpg (1 MB, 1200x763) Image search: [Google]
owarinoseraph.jpg
1 MB, 1200x763
Will they make a sequel?
>>
>>138747735
Nah.
-Caught up to the manga when the last episode aired
-Sales for the DVDs and BDs were pretty average, and I bet WIT expected it to sell more (average BD/DVD sales for first season: 3,823/1,733; average BD/DVD sales for second season: 2,756/1,113).
I read in a translated interview of some staff that they were maybe considering adapting the Guren Ichinose Catastrophe at Sixteen light novels into an anime, but only if the anime was successful (which isn't the case), so I'm pretty sure that's it for the anime franchise to be honest.

On a side note though, they made an OVA that's going to be bundled with the 11th manga volume on May 2nd called "The Vampire Shahal", so there's that to look forward to, at least.
>>
>>138748226
Thanks.
Too bad about the shitty sales.
>>
>>138747735
I think Shueisha will fund another season.
It isn't the first time that anime adaptation of manga published by Shueisha sold poorly and Shueisha decided to fund another season
>>
>>138748962
>It isn't the first time that anime adaptation of manga published by Shueisha sold poorly and Shueisha decided to fund another season
Like when?
>>
>>138748962
That would be neat, but if so then I think they might wait until there's enough story material to have another season.
Looking back at Ao no Exorcist, looks like it sold really well for a shonen (like 12k+ in BD/DVD sales)...so I really don't know if they would be willing to risk lots of production to just have low sales a second time for Seraph. Then again, looks like the Seraph anime did have a positive boost in manga sales, since the manga became the 30th top selling franchises in 2015.
I'm hoping that there'll be something in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest. If we would get another season, it would probably be at least in 2 years for enough material. But even then, the anime ending didn't even follow the manga whatsoever (Yuu reverting back to human, sea isn't toxic red, all returning to go save Kimizuki's sister...) . So there's pretty much no room for another season faithful to the manga story. Most likely we would get a season for the Guren LN spinoff.
>>
>>138748485
Average.
I guess it wasn't a failure, but nothing that will get it ressurected when the mango has enough stuff in god-knows how many years.
>>
>>138749529
Assassination Classroom,Food Wars,Terra Formars,Tokyo Ghoul
>>
>>138750940
Terra Formars is getting a sequel?
>>
File: 677658679.jpg (144 KB, 1280x624) Image search: [Google]
677658679.jpg
144 KB, 1280x624
>>138749761
The light novel placed 18th for the light novel category sales overall.That’s huge considering this is its first time placing and the fact that only 2 volumes were released 2015. Of course, good LN/manga sales are nice if we want anime/ova adaptations.
Source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/
Also, there are articles in English on animenewsnetwork.com
>>
>>138751394
Yes it's airing Spring to promote the live action movie and the manga again.
>>
>>138751394
Yes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-13/new-season-of-terraformars-tv-anime-green-lit/.91612
>>
>>138751465
That's neat, so I guess there's a chance that there might be an LN adaptation.
One thing though is that WIT is seriously busy with Koutetsujou no Kanari at the moment as well as the second season of Attack on Titan which doesn't even have a release date set yet. So it's still going to be a while until they could even make it.
>>
>>138751917
*Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
>>
>>138748226
I'm guessing we have a slight chance to get a prequel, if they decide to anime Guren's/Micaela's LN, that have been selling pretty well.

We also get DVD from the musical adaptation on May 30th, if you don't mind the 3DPD cringe.

>>138749761
**Yuu seems to be already back as an human on chapter 43. So far only contradiction I find is the red sea.**
>>
>>138752307
>the red sea
I bet Kagami didn't told them that when they were making anime.
>>
>>138747735
Hopefully not
>>
>>138752574
Can't remember if it was mentioned on the manga before, but I doubt it. And it seems like that kind of big details that everyone seems to forget somehow. Probably by the time Kagami saw the last episode it was already too late to recolor it, and he didn't give a fuck about it because he already said it was going to be different on the manga anyway.
>>
>>138750940
Food Wars is getting a sequel?
>>
>>138751529
>>138751615
The live action is going to be a top kek comedy, I heard.
>>
>>138751917
Manga is slow atm. New arc and story just started. Only 2 chapters out since the end of the anime second season. Expect the 3rd season in two years or so.
>>
>>138752775
Yes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-10/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-anime-gets-2nd-season/.96320
>>
File: bro.jpg (131 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
131 KB, 500x638
Who cares, you can still rewatch it and enjoy true friendship.
>>
>>138753748
This. Keep in mind that on top of being a monthly release Kagami is also writing the LNs so the lastest manga chapter have been shorter too.
>>
>>138754230
Truly, love blossoms on the battlefield.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.