[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neji should have been scared to fight Naruto after activating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Neji should have been scared to fight Naruto after activating his Byakkugan.

As far as he knew, Naruto had five times the amount of chakra of a normal person, if he could distribute it evenly among five clones at a time.

Not to mention he is from his sensei's rival's team.
>>
>Naruto
Who?
>>
>>138741465
Nine-tails Jinchuuriki.
>>
File: yahiko-is-fast.png (179 KB, 587x400) Image search: [Google]
yahiko-is-fast.png
179 KB, 587x400
>>138741433
Naruto fights:
>weak ass "ninja" fighting a strong opponent
>knows literally only 2 jutsu (bunshin and henge)
>doesn't know how to fight properly
>opponent is elite talented ninja with kekkei genkai
>asspull DEMON INSIDE ME GIVES ME POWER

Naruto Shippuuden fights:
>weak ass "ninja" fighting a strong opponent
>knows literally only 3 jutsu (bunshin, henge and rasengan)
>doesn't know how to fight properly
>opponent is elite talented ninja with kekkei genkai
>asspull DEMON INSIDE ME GIVES ME POWER
>LOL SAGE MODO ACTIVATED I'M 100x MORE POWERFUL
>>
>>138741433
Are you saying Kishimoto fucked something up? This changes everything
>>
>>138741433
It is not only about the amount, it is about how you utilize it. Everybody knew Naruto had a lot of Chakra, yet he was not deemed to be stronger than Sasuke or Kakashi.
>>
Naruto was suppressing his power level
>>
>>138741433
it's always hilarious seeing edgelords getting BTFO.
>>
>>138741433
Kill yourself.
>>
am i seriously the only person here that enjoyed reading naruto?
>inb4 fag
>>
>>138742417
Naruto's fun. It's nothing more, nothing less. Just fun.
>>
>>138742417
Nah, I loved it until I dropped it somewhere before the end. I just don't like to finish things I like.
>>
>>138742417
I could never decide whether I liked it or not.
I'm still not sure.
Sometimes I couldn't wait for the next chapter.
Sometimes I would go weeks without reading a chapter, then see a thread on here that made me go "oh yeah, that's a thing that exists" and I'd catch up.
>>
remember the kakashi vs zabuza fight?
or orochimaru vs the third hokage?
JUTSUS FLYING EVERYWHERE
I loved that shit
those fights were the heights for me
naruto fights?
spamming shadow clone jutsu and maybe some rasengan
thats all
>>
>>138742504
>Sometimes I would go weeks without reading a chapter, then see a thread on here that made me go "oh yeah, that's a thing that exists" and I'd catch up.
Speaking of which, I still haven't read the end.
I have played Storm 4 though, which is the closest I'm likely to get for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>138742098
Funny you say this, when Naruto probably has 10 times fewer plotholes and retcons than Bleach or One Piece. Yet you never hear complaints about those. It's "part of the charm!"

The only thing Naruto was missing was the Sakura arc that Kishimoto said we were going to get. It was probably scrapped when the war started and shitposters like yourself with no literary comprehension though Kishi was Kubo'ing (pretty genius of him to come with a all those stories of karmic resolutions on a weekly basis, and tie plotlines like the second half of Gaara's story, Shikamaru quitting smokes after Asuma, and the fox sealed inside the Fourth that had been foreshadowed forever; and for 150 chapters, on a whim).

You are the reason anime/manga suck today. Believe it.
>>
>>138742583
I thought the Pain/Sage Mode fight was pretty cool.
I was disappointed when they abandoned the Sage Mode concept to go back to MORE DEMON CHAKRA.
Then Naruto got Six Paths Sage Mode which wasn't as cool, but was at least something.
Then he lost it while Sasuke got to keep his Rinnegan.
Fucking Bullshit.
>>
>>138742701
I think Naruto gets more nipticking for being the gateaway anime for an entire generation and the most popular of the big 3 by a wide margin on the west (I said in the west, OP is the absolute king on Japan). It doesn't help Naruto so shamelessly pander to the female audience with all the fujoshit, douchey pretty boys and female characters fawning for them.
>>
>>138742701
I can't really think of a lot of One Piece plotholes. I don't know about Bleach because I stopped following that years ago but what are some examples?
>>
>>138742750
Sage Mode was always great. Naruto actually beat the shit out of Pain with Sage Mode physical strength+huge Rasengans everywhere
>>
>>138742910
Beat the shit off Kyubi*
>>
File: Body_Replacement.png (760 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Body_Replacement.png
760 KB, 1000x750
>>138742750
naruto vs pain
tell me which jutsus did naruto use beside shadow clone and rasengan+variety
he was POUNDING PAIN WITH MUH SAGE FIST
I feel naruto should have been more like kakashi
maybe jiraya could have taught naruto a few jutsus over the COURSE OF 3 FUCKING YEARS

also since the first episodes of naruto I still do not understand the substitute jutsu
how the fuck does it work?
is it a log disguised as you?
is the log somewhere else and you switch places with it AFTER you have been hit by some shuriken?
MOST CONFUSING JUTSU EVER
>>
>>138742884
I quit One Piece when they entered the cloud arc, and Bleach shortly after the Fullbringer arc.

But everything about Haki is made-up. And it doesn't make sense that Shanks can knock unconscious an entire militia by his mere presence, yet gets his arm chomped off by a shark. Also, the seastones that render Gum-Gum people immobile. I don't remember those existing at any point in the series before I dropped it.

In Bleach, I don't know. Kubo does a good job of addressing them all it seems. That's why I said probably.

Although the whole plotline with "the heart" never seemed to go anywhere, and browsing /a/ again this past week, some people are saying Urahara's bankai makes no sense.
>>
>>138743036
>tell me which jutsus did naruto use beside shadow clone and rasengan+variety
Rasenshuriken, which was, at the time, a lot different from Rasengan.
Sage invisible Taijutsu.
Support from invocations : Smoke bombs, hiding in Gamabunta's mouth.
Transforming himself into a fake Rasenshuriken and throwing two of them.
Sound Genjutsu (well, tried to)
Sage energy to make one Pain turn into stone.

He just went full strategy master in this fight.
>>
>>138743036
I THINK the way Substitution works is that you see/use ninja senses to feel yourself about to be hit, and right before you are you switch places with a log with a henge on it.
Again, that just how I think it works. I don't remember them ever actually explaining it, but it's what makes the most sense to me.
>>
>>138743122
>>besid rasengan+variety
>Rasenshuriken
does not count
>invisible Taijutsu
TOP KEK
>smoke bomb
not a jutsu
>hiding somewhere
not a jutsu either
>Transforming himself into a fake Rasenshuriken
transformation jutsu, ok I give you that
>Sound Genjutsu
that was the frogs doing it
>Sage energy to make one Pain turn into stone
not particularly a jutsu but I give you that too
>>
File: zzz000000.jpg (38 KB, 634x720) Image search: [Google]
zzz000000.jpg
38 KB, 634x720
>>138743166
we once saw sakura making signs before substitute jutsu
hand signs was never necessary before or after this
LILTERALLY ONE OF THE FIRST JUTSUS to be seen and still not explained
bravo kishimoto
>>
>>138743229
>does not count
It does. Rasengan is a physical attack, Rasenshuriken is a thrown attack that explodes and drains his Chakra (he can only use two before reverting into normal form).

>TOP KEK
What? That's a jutsu. It destroyed one body.

>not a jutsu
Not exactly jutsus but tactics.

>that was the frogs doing it
They're his allies though. I thought it was pretty cool to have Naruto not do everything by himself but have insanely strong allies too, probably the only times invocations really mattered in the series.

Anyway, my point is that despite not knowing that many jutsus, Kishimoto made that fight cool by changing the ways Naruto had to use them and having his invocations do stuff other than hitting people with sticks. He never did something as good after that.
>>
best fight during that entire tournament was shikamaru vs that sand chick.

Shikamaru officially best character in Naruto, not even a question.
>>
>>138743166
>>138743036
I think it's like the Body Flicker (which always leaves a leaf, grain of sand, rock, etc.), or a much much slower version of the Rinnegan warp Sasuke has. Basically, you perform the signs and then switch places with something movable, by yes, magically warping.

Jutsus are essentially ninja magic.

The only reason I know it doesn't have to do with henges (which I assume is "seal"), is because according to narutowiki, Gekko uses Baki's spit powder as a substitution before kicking him in the face. Although this was only in the anime.
>>
>>138743094
>Haki is made up
So is super saiyan. So is Goku being a saiyan in the first place. Like, yeah it's made up but it fits in enough with the narrative that I can let it slide.
Why Shanks took the bite? Mostly just for sentimental reasons and to make Shanks look like a badass at the beginning of the story. Not really a plothole.
>Seastone
It existed in Loguetown. Smoker's rifle has seastone embeded in it which is how he subdues devil fruit users. It's mentioned intermittently throughout the series several times, actually. It's also used a lot in Enies Lobby, the arc right after the arc you quit on.
>>
File: Hoshigaki_Kisame.png (911 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hoshigaki_Kisame.png
911 KB, 1440x1080
>>138743350
ahem
did you forget something?
>>
>>138743388
Ah, well thanks for the correction. Maybe I'll pick it back up one of these days.
>>
File: bestnaruto.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bestnaruto.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>138743391
fuck, wrong pic
>>
>>138743391
That was a fun scene to watch no doubt, but during that specific tournament, the best fight was shikamarus.

Most of the introduction to the different akatsuki members were amazing. I'll never forget my jaw dropping when Hidan started talking after he lost his head.
>>
File: 1408749255815.jpg (50 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1408749255815.jpg
50 KB, 350x262
>>138743444
no, not wrong pic
fuck off
>>
>>138743036
The thing that bugged me about substitution is that it's so often a chopped log. Where are they getting all of these exact sizes of log?

I liked it when it was first introduced because in that case, Kakashi used Naruto's own clone to substitute. I feel like I wish they did that more instead of just using it as a "I actually didn't get hit. I'm somewhere else" maneuver.
>>
>>138743444
idk shikamaru is just really relatable to me so everything he did I was like yep, that's me.

I've watched a lot of anime but hands down most relatable character.
>>
File: the_great_jiraiya_by_spirapride.jpg (497 KB, 800x982) Image search: [Google]
the_great_jiraiya_by_spirapride.jpg
497 KB, 800x982
>>138743494
meant to post this sorry
>>
>>138742417
I read it weekly for over ten years, the final two years felt like a chore, but I wanted to see how it ended, I owed my younger self that.
>>
>>138743506
in the zabuza saga it was mentioned that the white rabbit they found was going to be used for substitution
and the log out of nowhere
>inb4 kakashi used his kamui to get the log from another dimension he stored it beforehand
>>
tl;dr Naruto is retarded and wears plot armor
>>
File: heis.jpg (103 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
heis.jpg
103 KB, 1600x900
>>138743531
Yeah, this lazy fucker was good.
Naruto SM was also pretty badass. And I mean, the real kind of badass, not the forced kind.
>>
File: 1451342361582.jpg (45 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1451342361582.jpg
45 KB, 598x369
>>138743531
>I'm the smart but lazy type
>>
>>138743674
>implying
more like smart but icbf to do something that isn't directly important to me, ie almost failing non core classes
>>
>>138743732
>isn't directly important to you
>what is gpa
>>
File: lololol.gif (2 MB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
lololol.gif
2 MB, 240x192
>>138743732
>classes
you must be +18 to post here
>>
>>138743823
Non core classes are actual classes and not lectures, welcome 2 uni
>>
>>138741433
He really didn't have a reason to be scared. Even if he acknowledged that Naruto had larger reserves of chakra, that wouldn't have changed his correct assessment that larger volumes of chakra mean jackshit against a guy whose fighting style is based on shutting down chakra flow. Unfortunately he didn't take into account the unlimited chakra battery in Naruto's belly
>>
>>138743388
>Smoker's rifle
It's the tip of his jitte that's seastone, I don't think he even has a rifle. Do you really need one when you can launch your fist holdimg a pointy seadtone stick on a trail of smoke?
>>
>>138743621
Sage Mode Naruto almost feels like a completely different character, desu.
>>
>>138743788
Computer security doesn't give many shits about GPA since most uni's don't teach security until end of junior/during senior year, which leads to the interview being more important. Higher GPA just means more interviews.

Anyways I graduate this sem, was locked in for job at end of last year's internship, all that matters is keeping a 3.0
>>
>>138743350
Every Shikamaru fight was amazing, he's the only good thing to come out of this manga. Kakashi and Lee had potential but kishi managed to fuck them up.
>>
>>138743939
That's probably why his fight with Pain was so great.
He was clever and resourceful during it and saved the preaching and friendship until afterwards. If the entire series had been like that, I don't think it would have got half the hate it did.
>>
>>138743900
Sanji carries a gun around, so does Doflamingo and even blackbeard.
>>
File: 1439766020316.png (96 KB, 789x762) Image search: [Google]
1439766020316.png
96 KB, 789x762
>>138744062
>Sanji carries a gun around
lol outside of movies and specials, since fucking when?
>>
>>138744057
He was carrying out Jiraya's legacy which made it even cooler. It wasn't just the habitual kind of nekketsu friendship shit, it had a meaning, tangible stakes and was pretty dramatic all the way through (we actually got a short depression arc which improved the character).

Really, Pain's arc was the pinnacle of the series. What a shame he didn't stop there. Chapter 500 was pretty cool too I guess, but the war was unredeemable garbage
>>
>>138741925
Tbh naruto is a master of senpou and frog kata which is basically a style of combat in which you use not only you body to fight but the surroundings and natural energy to
>>
>>138743388
goku has always been a sayan, in fact that's an integral aspect of the story since DB when he kills his grandfather by going literally apeshit.

he's never been human and that's a point that was recurrent, especially since he surpassed all other human fighters even while young. it was simply never explained what exactly he was until Z, but it wasn't made up at all.

as for super sayans, you have the legends that vegeta and frieza mention even relatively early in z that foreshadow it enough that you expect it to appear, it doesn't just come out of the blue. the further SSJ forms i won't defend, but at least regular didn't just come out of the blue.

compare that to gear 4th, that is just Luffy going "yeah time to activate this power i developed in the background for fighting giant monsters" all of a sudden after getting beaten up by Doflamingo. sure, him fighting giant monsters is explained in the plot and all, but gear 4th comes out of fucking nowhere with no real background to it.
>>
>>138742750
He didn't lost it tough, he can at any given time ask chakra to all 9 beast and he will activate it, he is basically the jinchuriki of all beast
>>
File: Im Askin if this is The Heart.jpg (294 KB, 1047x855) Image search: [Google]
Im Askin if this is The Heart.jpg
294 KB, 1047x855
>>138743094
>The Heart
>Never did anything with it

Toppest of keks. try harder namefag
>>
>>138741925
Nigga Naruto was showing signs of growth as early as the Zabuza fight. He had balls and started to get smarter ever since.

He literally only beat Neji because of the 9 Tails sure, and Jiraiya fucked up his training but imagine if Naruto had learned to control the 9 Tails the way Jiraiya intended before the time skip was ever, it would have been fucking nuts.

tl;dr Nurutu had a shit ton of chakra without relying on the fox, he used it as a tool the way Neji would have used his Byakugan.
>>
>>138741925
I'm shocked that people are shocked that a Shounen has escalation
>>
>>138744244
And that's a much cooler thing than
>MUH DEMON

Using nature energy was the best way Naruto could've developped, not relying on the demon that was sealed inside him but using his head
>>
>>138744202
>mc's friends fight the big bad
>some little wins
>but lose becuase big bad is too strong
>when almost all hope is lost finally the mc arrives in an epic way
>big bad is baffled how strong mc is
naruto vs pain
also every dbz saga
>>
>>138742417
Nah I enjoyed it
>>
>>138743094
The seaprism stones are well known since alabasta(the desert arc) and haki as a whole exist since the first chapter, heck he even use it to scare the sea King after he chopped shanks arm, also shanks let it chop it because he wanted lift to learn a life lesson
>>
>>138744244
what the fuck is senpou
not only naruto used it but others too, like tobi
>>
>>138743876
>Unfortunately he didn't take into account the unlimited chakra battery in Naruto's belly
I lol'd.
>>
>>138744402
Hope was already lost when Naruto arrived, his village was destroyed, his second teacher was killed and thousands had died.
>big bad is baffled how strong mc is
Not really, he only managed to go so far because big bad had a handicap for like half of the fight
>>
>>138742583
>kakashi vs zabuza fight?
That was probably the fight I liked the most. The fight felt like a ninja fight with a minimum of magic bullshit and the kunais still had their use.

Too bad it turned out to be who screams the loudest, magic beams and explosions everywhere, don't die when they're killed and eye trasplants
>>
>>138744202
thing is, how could he have stopped there? He would have left several plot threads hanging loose
>Madara Keikkaku
>Resolution of Sasuke's nearly decade-long vengeance arc
>Akatsuki still running around
> Many others I can't be arsed to think of right now

I do however agree that Pains fight would have been a satisfying end to Naruto Shipuden and would have provided Kishimoto with a good opportunity to take a break and prepare for the The Kage Summit arc and The Fourth Ninja War Arc even better in Part 3, which could have taken place a year after Naruto fought Pain
>>
>>138744467
>big bad had a handicap for like half of the fight
what handicap
>>
>>138744457
No you are mistaken it with kabuto probably, senpou is sage mode style attack
>>
File: 1456858980477.jpg (7 KB, 251x153) Image search: [Google]
1456858980477.jpg
7 KB, 251x153
The biggest bullshit, or at least very close to it in the War Arc is the Fourth.

We know he was fucking fast as shit, sure, and he knew the Rasengan but couldn't finish it off with an elemental composition, so everyone just assumed he was a genius, and fast, but lacked firepower, which is why some believed he'd lose to Itachi or even Kisame.

Then it turns out he has a fucking sage mode and 9 tails chakra mode which was only revealed after he died.

What the fuck man? Why didn't he pull out Sage Mode during Obito's attack? He actually had the time to gather the fucking nature chakra and everything. Fuck the Fourth.
>>
>>138744552
The strongest body couldn't use his shinra tensei technique and Nagato himself was feeling fatigue after using that body to level the village
>>
>>138744571
That's probably because he sealed away half the Nine-Tails chakra within himself while he was being fucking impaled. Or did you also forget that the Reaper Death Seal kills the user?

He didn't use it against Obito because he didn't have it when he fought Obito.
>>
>>138744538
Naruto becoming the head of the village along with the frog girl who survived the fight, trying to stop the war and getting over Sasuke (or maybe an arc where he deals with him)

Or what you said, it could work too, but Danzo was wasted super quickly.
>he's hokage holy shit!
>he went to the summit and done stuff
>wait he's dead
Such a cool character too.
>>
>>138744383
Is there a single Shounen without absurd escalation?
>>
>>138744557
my bad
>>
>>138744571
>time to activate against tobi

Literally was because of his speed he didn't was teleported to another dimension, he didn't have time saved kushina, send a bijudama to sand village, and then scared from tobi and then fought literally was fighting all night
>>
>>138744571
He sealed the yin or yang part of the fox inside himself them got fucking raped like 5 minutes later
>>
>>138744571
Sage Mode is bullshit, I'm pretty sure he couldn't have learned it, that's literally an asspull (and a useless one)

>>138744638
JoJo
>>
>>138744686
>JoJo
Starting off relatively batshit insane doesn't count
>>
File: 1428967004287.png (934 KB, 5000x2808) Image search: [Google]
1428967004287.png
934 KB, 5000x2808
>>138744686
>JoJo

kek, alright bud
>>
>>138744722
>>138744740
Where's the escalation? Some of the strongest Stands are in the first half of the series.
>>
>>138744571
he only could use the kyuubi chakra because narutos kyuubi synced with minatos kyuubi and allowed him to use his chakra
>>
File: 1457658027195.jpg (42 KB, 622x242) Image search: [Google]
1457658027195.jpg
42 KB, 622x242
>>138744686
>Sage Mode bullshit
>Is useless
>>
>>138744686
>JoJo
>Ultimate Lifeform Kars
>The World Dio
>Gold Experience Requiem Giorno
>Made in Heaven Pucci
>>
>>138744786
Sage Mode for Minato, I meant. Not only was it an asspull, but it was countered two pages after it appeared.
>>
>>138744632
Danzou did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>138744632
I'd have liked that just because he became Hokage doesn't mean he gets a happily ever after. Here's some stuff I think Kishi could have done to make the Five Kage Summit Arc and the Ninja War Arc even better
>Spend a couple of chapters developing the other villages nd giving us a sense of who they are and the kind of people their legends were
>Provide background info on Kaguya well before she's revealed
>Have Kabuto's knowledge of the Five Villages play a larger role in the War; I liked that his childhood career as a spy explained how he knew where all the legends were buried, but his knowledge could have played a larger role
>>
>>138744831
He was a cuck
He died as he lived
>>
>>138742701
>series gets trashed
>"B-BUT BLEACH AND ONE PIECE"

Hilarious. Are you incapable of defending your turd without bring up other shits? Of course not.
>>
>>138744686
>Jojo
kek, what is Part Six if not the absurd escalation to end all absurd shonen escalations; I mean, the Universe gets remixed for Dio's sake
>>
>>138744846
Ninja War Arc should have been totally different, it never made sense from the beginning when Tobi went out of his way to ensure everyone would make peace and fight him altogether
>>
>>138744870
>He was a cuck
?????
>>
>>138744792
Local escalation then? Because the last fights of a part are between insanely strong Stands, but they don't get stronger part from part.
>>
>>138744622
>That's probably because he sealed away half the Nine-Tails chakra within himself while he was being fucking impaled.
Lol'd.
>He didn't use it against Obito because he didn't have it when he fought Obito.
Lol'd again.

>>138744638
Yu Yu Hakusho if you don't mind the fourth season. It made sense that the entire motivation behind Toguro's involvement with Sakyo was so that he could win the tournament to fund a portal to Demon World so he could fight STRONGER demons. Then in Chapter Black you find out who exactly these were.

YYH is kind of absurd after this point though, because Sensui is presumed to be at S-rank at that point. That means Yusuke must be even higher, and yet the three kings are only S-rank. And then, by the end, all the characters are S-rank except Kuwabara.
>>
>>138744571
The only explanation for the Fourth knowing Sage Mode is that he learned it vicariously through Naruto; he did have a fragment of his sould living in Naruto for the boys entire life
>tf the Fourth had to watch in silence as his son whacked off to some unlikable pink-haired slut for years
>>
>>138744920
Got cucked out of the homage seat like 3 times
Almost Got cucked by Itachi with him throwing them under his infinite genjustsu
Got cucked by Sasuke and a sword
>>
>>138744905
Yeah...I have no doubt that had Kishioto's editors told him to end Naruto Shippuden on the Pain fight and told him to take a month or two refining the War arc, we'd have had a much more satisfying end to the series in Naruto Pt. 3
>>
>>138743350
Funny thing is that Shikamaru isn't so brilliant as it occurres while watching battles. He is just only person who used terrain.

Still awesome tho.
>>
>>138744202
>Pain's arc was the pinnacle of the series
>not Zabuza's arc

It kept going strong all throughout the chuunin exams, but really took a nosedive with all the sasuke bs. Imagine how decent this manga would be without him and those funky eyes. Sasuke/Sharingan ruined the series. Only acceptable uchiha was Itachi.
>>
>>138744820
Yeah he admitted to it being useless for him though

Jiraiya probably made him learn it because muh prophecy
>>
>>138744943
>YYH is kind of absurd after this point though, because Sensui is presumed to be at S-rank at that point. That means Yusuke must be even higher, and yet the three kings are only S-rank. And then, by the end, all the characters are S-rank except Kuwabara.

It's was stated that there are upper and lower S rank demons.The power difference between upper and lower was a gorillion times greater than the difference between the weakest demon and the strongest A rank.
>>
File: 1453832291219.png (213 KB, 254x322) Image search: [Google]
1453832291219.png
213 KB, 254x322
>>138745118
>really took a nosedive with all the sasuke bs.

Sasuke retrieval arc was the shit
>>
>>138745118
Part 1 had quite a few good arcs. Zabuza is great, Chunin starts kinda slow but it's interesting and ends on a great climax with Gaara and the 3rd's death. Tsunade's research might be one of my favorite because of the road trip feeling, the training, the good flashbacks and the final fight. Sasuke's escape was kinda bullshit
>>
>>138744831
He did something wrong.He didn't assassinate the remaining Uchihas.
>>
>>138745013
This is not what cuck means. Take a break from /tv/ friend.
>>
>>138744571
It's your own goddamn problem If you thought he was on Itachi and Kisame's level. I don't see how Kishimoto is at fault of your headcanon being wrong.

>>138745144
No he didn't. He said it was probably useless in the situation they were in since he had no arms and was fighting Madara and shit.

His Sennin Mode was perfect, same as Naruto.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69m7LTmuSk
>>
>>138745224
>take a break from /tv/
I went there once

It wasn't fun
>>
>>138745118
I know Kishi gets a lot of shit for his writing on here, but the Pain arc was gold. Maybe not perfect 24 carat gold, but still gold. He was probably the most well-developed villian in the entire story, though Itachi might be a contender for that title
>>
>>138744571
>He actually had time
No he didn't. How sad is it that you can't even understand Naruto?

Obito appeared put a bomb on his kid and kidnapped his wife, then released a giant fox in the village. He didn't have time for anything
>>
>>138745222
He failed as the inheritor of Tobirama's will; but thats okay, because the Third failed as the inheritor of the First's as well
>>
>>138745192
True, but everything actually involving Sasuke was terrible. The edge/angst, the battles boiling down to Muh eyes now do this. It didnt help that Naruto's fights weren't particularly interesting either.
>>
>>138745151
Ah thanks, cool. I forgot.
>>
>>138745372
Nah Sasuke is great you're just old as fuck reading a kids manga.
>>
File: hRBNtmQ.png (62 KB, 634x495) Image search: [Google]
hRBNtmQ.png
62 KB, 634x495
>>138744959
>>
File: 12.jpg (199 KB, 728x1057) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
199 KB, 728x1057
>>138745271
Chap 667
>>
>>138745372
At least there is now a reason behind why Sasuke's fights had so much more ninja wizard bullshit than everyone elses; because as Indra's descendant, he's all about that wizardry, yo
>>
File: 1412554641931.jpg (51 KB, 386x460) Image search: [Google]
1412554641931.jpg
51 KB, 386x460
>>138745201
>flashbacks
>>
>>138745372
It wasn't like he didn't have a reason to be edgy and angsty

He had massive massive insecuritys and the multiple getting mind raped in Genjustsu world's for several days by his older brother who he thought he loved and vice versa thend getting rekt and saved by Nort fueled that shit even further
>>
>>138744959
>>tf the Fourth had to watch in silence as his son whacked off to some unlikable pink-haired slut for years
Didn't the fourth actually provide the last bastion for the NaruSaku shippers when he said she reminded him of Kushina?
>>
>>138745344
Kek
>>
>>138745660
Yeah and we all knew how that was going to end
>>
I dont understand why Pain got so much attention
>we have to figure out how his jutsus work or we will never defeat him he is so mysterious
it was never mentioned that konoha ever encountered Pain
why was now important to analyze someone whom they never seen before?

why not analyze the other akatsuki members to such extent?
it would have been much easier if they know kakuzu had 5 hearts and all elements
or if deidara had mouths on hands and bombs
why only Pain got so much unnecessary attention?
>>
>>138745765
Cause he killed THE Jiraiya
>>
>>138745660
>muh girl
>muh romantics
I bet they had a jutsu that neutralized those chemical reactions in their brains so that they can focus properly
imagine how much better decisions would have been

>Rin died because she killed herself?
>Ninpou - Logical thinking no jutsu!
>"wow I should go back to konoha and warn them about madara"

or

>crazy uchiha boy ruins friendship with my best friend and goes rogue?
>Ninpou - Logical thinking no jutsu!
>"wow what a bitch I was. fuck sasuke! time to apologize to Ino and pursue the superior namikaze genes"

after hundreds of years fighting someone should have already invented such a jutsu
>>
>>138745976
>my little brothers were killed
>but the ally has a jutsu to reanimate the dead
>no need to destroy konoha and take over the world
>>
>>138744426
>haki as a whole exist since the first chapter
bull fucking shit, now everyone is channeling sharpie power in their fucking arms and legs.
>>
>>138744316
sorry bud i wouldnt say it came out of no where

hes always slowly implemented gears into his fighting, the whole point is making a seemingly shitty power into a good one by using it creatively

no one saw gear 2nd or 3rd coming but they arent plot issues in any way and gear 4 is no exception

i agree with your first argument but a fighting style and goku being an alien are not even comparable
>>
>>138745765
He was the leader of Akatsuki.
>>
>>138746205
>leader of Akatsuki
>implying it wasn't obito
>implying it wasn't madara
>implying it wasn't zetsu
>>
>>138746253
The official one at least
>>
>>138746090
Reanimations are usually husks to be filled with motives plus it's not really natural why would you want a zombie brother? It's forbidden for a reason
>>
>>138746287
>It's forbidden for a reason
shadow clone jutsu is forbidden too
>>
>>138746253
He was the person everyone thought was the leader, and depending on how things played out may have ended up the real one.
>>
>>138746317
That I have no idea about I can only assume because it's so powerful, clones with actual substance and can use chakra themselves rather than being Chakra constructs, it'd be terrible to have it in normal circulation for someone to walk into our ninja school and just copy it on a piece of paper

Also I remember there being something about the amount of Chakra it needs its only suitable for the super elites and could kill you or something along that lines
>>
>>138746413
>it's so powerful
just like the edo tensei
literally no drawbacks
>>
>>138746317
>>138746317
Because the Shadow Clone Jutsu will suck the life out of you unless you have enough chakra for at least two people.
>>
File: tumblr_m78gp6siUF1ryuqkbo3_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m78gp6siUF1ryuqkbo3_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x333
>>138746574
>kakshi has little chakra
>np 100 clones
>>
>>138746630
First of all Kakashi cheats all the time

That's why people are afraid of him

He knows like 1000000 jutsus
>>
>>138746630
>>kakshi has little chakra
Kakashi's chakra levels are fine
The only jounin level ninja ever mentioned to have low levels of Chakra is itachi, and he makes his clones out of crows.
>>
>>138746521
Huh?
>>
>>138746682
I think in an Itachi ova flashback filler he made a Shadow clone

While in the academy he was like 10 so that might have been retconned

Then again it was only one clone
>>
>>138746682
>and he makes his clones out of crows.

How does that even work? Summons? Genjutsus?
>>
>>138746151

the problem is gear 4th is the timing. it's the first time he's using it that isn't in the background and he uses it right when he's about to lose against Doflamingo to turn the table. that, coupled with how it wasn't foreshadowed at all or even properly explained beyond "i developed it to fight giant monsters" makes it seem more like an asspull/last minute secret powerup that you so often see in shounen rather than a new, creative implementation of his rubbery body.
>>
>>138746317
No it's not, read the manga.
>>138746630
Holy fuck read the manga.

Jesus Christ. It really seems like speedreaders and normalfags are the only ones who whine about "plot holes" in Naruto.
>>
>>138746829
pretty sure it's genjutsu, after all itachi is said to be a master of genjutsu. probably a mix of regular genjutsu and sharingan stuff.
>>
>>138741433
It was pretty apparent that naruto had no knowledge of how to use his own chakra, people already knew he was a monster inside but they thought his potential was squandered. Not to mention the fourth/jiraiyas seal kept kyuubi at bay. That's why when he harnessed kyuubis chakra it was a shock to neji.
>>
File: Képkivágás.png (241 KB, 892x584) Image search: [Google]
Képkivágás.png
241 KB, 892x584
>>138747020
it is you who should read the manga
>>
>>138747209
>multiple shadow clone technique
>multiple
Jesus fuck you're a retard.
>>
>>138746990
Well Gear Fourth wasn't exactly a move he'd use on Fishman Island or Punk Hazard. Neither Hody Jones or Ceasar Clown were worth going all out on and he was in situations where he didn't have plenty of air to breath into his muscles.
>>
>>138747209
>are of average size

"Average" and "little" are two very different things.
The only high level ninja whose chakra reserves can be described as "little" is Itachi.
>>
>>138747249
>you use more than one shadow clone?!?!
>THATS A WHOLE NEW JUTSU
>BUT THATS FORBIDDEN!!!!
>>
>>138747209
>>138747249
It's not about the amount you can make, it's how much you can divide your chakra before it becomes dangerous. Naruto can make 100 clones and lose 90 of them and be fine because each clone still has a tremendous amount of chakra. Kakashi used shadow clone technique to intimidate, he knew he wouldn't lose any and therefore could split his chakra without worry. Get learnt
>>
>>138747309
>average size
you know who has average size chakra?
the ramen guy or the bridge builder guy
thats the average chakra size
>>
>>138747351
Average for a civilian and average for a ninja mean two different things.
>>
>>138747311
>Split chakra 50/50
>That's okay I can survive with half my chakra
>Split chakra 100 ways
>dead
>WHY IS THIS JUTSU FORBIDDEN HURR DURR

>>138747316
Kakashi didn't use the real shadow clone technique at the end of the zabuza arc. He just faked it for intimidation. Read the fucking manga.
>>
>>138747536
Kakashi said "kage bunshin no jutsu" it's against anime rules to say the name of a technique and do another one
>>
>>138747616
He said "kage bunshin no jutsu, kakashi version," and said he couldn't do it like Naruto could, indicating he was bluffing.
>>
>>138747616
>that wasn't a kick
>>
File: true_self.png (721 KB, 1920x1400) Image search: [Google]
true_self.png
721 KB, 1920x1400
I don't know why but this gag made me laugh the hardest in whole series.
>>
Could Minato have beaten the Six Paths?
>>
>>138747736
Like, Pain Rikudo? Easily. He can gather natural energy (so he'd be able to destroy Preta Path) and teleportation is a great counter to the Rinnegan's linked vision.
>>
>>138747736
Yeah Pain had no counter to instant teleportation outside of hoping to time his gravity push right
>>
>>138744571
When does the Fourth use sage mode?
The entire time he has nine-tails style eyes or normal eyes he never has the frog horizontal pupil that naruto gets when in sage mode.
>>
>>138747808
The only real counter to teleportation is either being smarter than the teleporter so he can activate your trap card or being as fast as him
>>
File: naruto-4804317[1].jpg (258 KB, 800x1195) Image search: [Google]
naruto-4804317[1].jpg
258 KB, 800x1195
>>138747858
For like one second against Madara before getting his other arm cut off.
>>
File: nar1.png (286 KB, 800x487) Image search: [Google]
nar1.png
286 KB, 800x487
>>138747716
>SFX: Movement
>>
>>138747736
When he was alive it would probably be a stalemate, his teleportation counters most of their techniques, but nothing we saw him do could put them down faster than the Naraka path could revive them.
After getting Half of Kurama sealed in him is a different story though.
>>
>>138747923
minato should have started to turn into a frog
>>
>>138747923
Ah I must have missed that. Yeah that's bs.
>>
>>138748007
>>138748011
He admits he didn't git gud at using it in battle.
>>
>people all worried about people dying and shit
>edo tensei lets you revive anyone and they're mentally completely normal
>confirmed after life with kakashi talking to pops etc
Dying doesn't seem too bad.
>>
>>138748182
>obito dies
>goes to where rin is
>gets friendzoned forever in afterlife too
>>
>>138743350
I still rewatch that fight from time to time, just because its so fun.
>>
File: realfuckingfunny.jpg (16 KB, 157x242) Image search: [Google]
realfuckingfunny.jpg
16 KB, 157x242
>>138744673
This is my favorite meme. I laugh every time.
>>
OFFICIAL AUTHENTIC OBJECTIVELY CORRECT TOP 10 NARUTO CHARACTERS LIST 2016!

1: Kakashi
2: Pain
3: Jiraiya
4: Gaara
5: Orochimaru
6: Tobirama "If the eyes are red, throw a kunai at their head" Senju
7: Zabuza
8: Sikimaru
9: Might Guy
10: Kisame

900: Naruto
900000000: Sasuke
900000000000: Madara
90000000000000000000: Sakura

Coolest: Obito
>>
>>138748434
Remove Gaara and Kisame, move might guy up, and add Deidara and Itache.
>>
File: IjustIjustdontthinkso.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
IjustIjustdontthinkso.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>138748434
>having le gay legless lizard of many spells in top ranking
You cant be serious
>>
File: nar2.png (193 KB, 693x461) Image search: [Google]
nar2.png
193 KB, 693x461
>>138748434
>Tobirama "If the eyes are red, throw a kunai at their head" Senju
>>
>>138748434
0: Kisame
>>
>>138748332
both the dub and the sub of the episode was hilarious
>>
>>138748626
He's the only villain who got away with literally everything. He won.
>>
File: Deidara.full.1909257.jpg (496 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Deidara.full.1909257.jpg
496 KB, 800x800
Why is Deidara so great?
>>
>>138748761
As far as I know he didnt even have to say sorry. He truly won. Decades of Dr. Mengele level of human experimentations and thousands of victims (just to train sasuke to not be a bitch he killed like hundredth ninjas) lead to fucking nothing. Happy uncle Snake head. But he is still shit, so fuck off the ranking.
>>
>>138748522
>Remove Gaara and Kisame
Why?

>move might guy up
I would, but Kid Jesus nullifying his sacrifice and Madara recovering immediately afterwards keeps him at 9

>add Deidara
He'd probably get an honourable mention

>and Itache.
>Any Uchiha
>Good
Kek
>>
>>138748876
Name a better villain than him outside of Pain.

I'll have a little giggle if you say Madara
>>
>>138748891
Itache is only uchiha who never went edge-mode.
He also was a cool dude and got out of edo tensei and stuff.
>>
>>138748891
>Kid Jesus nullifying his sacrifice
He kept him from dying, but he was still never able to be a ninja again.
Plus it wasn't his fault, he was fully prepared to die, so he shouldn't be blamed for it.
>>
>>138748935
Sasori obviously. Hunting people, skinning them alive and making a fucking puppets out of them for fun. All villains sucked dick though, so neither have any place in top 10.
>>
I read 700 chapters but I never saw page where Salad sees photo of Karen. I've seen a couple other pages which I haven't seen.
Is there additional manga outside of the 700 chapters? Where do we learn of cuckura?
>>
>>138748940
>Itache is only uchiha who never went edge-mode.
Wrong, faggot.
>>
>>138749076
>sasori better than orochimaru
All he did was bitch out trying to kill his own grandmother.
>>
>>138749076
>Sasori obviously
You mean the manchild who liked to play with toys and lost to fucking Sakura?
>>
>>138749082
She doesn't count.
>>
>>138749157
Of course she does.
>>
>>138749082
She hasn't had enough time. Most Uchihas enter full edge during puberty. And maybe it occurs faster for boys.
>>
>>138749002
No one is blaming him. It's just Kishi's bad writing.
>>
>>138749124
He was way cooler than gay snake fuccboi. But he was expendable character that got killed off immediately after reveal instead of being long running antagonist.

>and lost to fucking Sakura
He didnt though. He won and was able to kill both of them if he so chose, but instead he decided to let them end his suffering. He saw that last attack coming and chose not to dodge.

>>138749118
He killed like 4 fucking sand kings or whatever they call it and made a nice puppet out of one. No other character fucked with a village that much for no fucking reason whatsoever. He didnt even have any master plan, he was just fucking around.
>>
>>138749177
She's post naruto changing everything and she's still a kid.
For all we know she could go full edge next week.
Only one's who didn't were itache and obito's bro.
>>
>>138749302
>He won and was able to kill both of them if he so chose, but instead he decided to let them end his suffering.
Sasori pls
>>
File: Anko.png (155 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
Anko.png
155 KB, 235x251
>>138749081
There's literally 10 chapters after 700. What kind of shit place are you reading your scans from?
>>
>>138742701
>The only thing Naruto was missing was the Sakura arc
>actually WANTING an arc about the single worst character in the series
>>
>>138749124
tbqh Senpai how the fuck do you beat a healing fist wizard?
>>
>>138749081
>Salad
>Karen
>cuckura
what are you trying to say
>>
File: Body_Replacement.png (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Body_Replacement.png
760 KB, 1024x768
>>138741433
You think that's bullshit? I want to know where the fuck do all the logs come from for substitution. Do they cut down a tree everytime they use it? Or is there some depot somewhere. Where do the come from, and where do they go?
>>
>>138749081
Hate to break it to you but cuckera never got cucked, it was an obvious ruse and you fuckers all fell for it.
>>
File: Team-Gai.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Team-Gai.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
Team Gai?

More like, Team Jobbers
>>
>>138749124
>lost to fucking Sakura?
Please, Sakura was literally a puppet. The granny did 99,9% of the work.
>>
>>138741925
You have to be as intelligent as you write your characters to be.
>>
Can we stop the "naruto is bad" meme.
Please?
It's a gateway series of course and with that comes cancerous fans, but come on. You know you love naruty
>>
>>138749371
Oh dang, I got a torrent from nyaa. I thought I was missing something so I checked wikipedia and it said
>The rest of the manga chapters 245 to 700 belongs to Part II

>>138749451
b-but she looks exactly like karen. It's what sakura deserves dammit.
>>
>>138749491
I'll give you ten ten but neji and Lee had good backstory and solid character growth
>>
>>138749302
He could have been good, but he got killed by Sakura and an old bat a few chapters after being revealed. You can't slice that shit any other way. Orochimaru was the Big Bad for almost all of Part 1, which is objectively the best Part.

Also, killing a Kazekage is no big deal at all. Orochimaru did it. Gedo Mado did it as well.
>>
File: 1415557795726.jpg (2 MB, 2770x2160) Image search: [Google]
1415557795726.jpg
2 MB, 2770x2160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjeytVW8FXI
>>
File: 1417768787529.jpg (146 KB, 640x862) Image search: [Google]
1417768787529.jpg
146 KB, 640x862
>>
>>138749578
I dont need to slice it. Its literally written there. The fucking grandma explains it to baby sakure and readers. Sasori just wasnt a mustache whirling villain, he was a tragic figure that lost his will to continue acting evil half way though the fight after being comfronted by his closest relative.

Literally chose to get rekt and help sakura out.
>>
>>138749491
Neji didn't job against spider guy and lee didn't job against bone guy.
>>
File: 1415557759244.png (464 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
1415557759244.png
464 KB, 920x920
>>
>>138749697
You're making things up.
>>
>>138749697
So, he's literally every Naruto villain not named Orochimaru. Wow, so compelling.
>>
>>138749786
Everyone raised in the shinobi world is bound to have some tragic heart ache story when there were literally 4 wars in the past 150~ years.
>>
Do you wish Kakashi got to keep obito's eyes?
>>
>>138749491
fuck off only tenten sucked
>>
>>138749772
>ch. 275 p. 17
He saw it coming, but since it were his parents, he didnt dodge it.
>>
>>138748434
I refuse to take any list of this sort that doesn't have Lee in top 3 seriously.
>>
>>138749882
It's inconsequential. Not like he'd need them with narujesus and born again sasuke around.
>>
>>138749959
But Lee is just a poor man's Guy.
>>
>>138749571
>>138749713
>>138749919

>Good back story
>They didn't job

They got shafted pretty early and never did much past the first show.
>>
Yall seen that 5 hokage team finisher from storm 4? Major homage to netero or rip off? I mean the true several thousand hands was always super similiar but this just takes the cake for uncanniness
>>
>>138749882
He either needed to keep them or not be given them, I would have been fine with either.
>>
>>138749882
No, storywise it made sense for him to not have it anymore. He resolved his issues and regrets that the eye signified.
>>
>>138750071
>5 hokage team
It was 6
https://youtu.be/Ddti9Obqtng
>>
>>138741433
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-03-16/new-naruto-gaiden-one-shot-manga-full-title-story-teaser-revealed/.99850

>The one-shot, titled Naruto Gaiden ~Michita Tsuki ga Terasu Michi~ (Naruto Side Story ~The Path That the Waxing Moon Illuminates~) will tell the story of Mitsuki, one of Boruto's teammates.

what do /a/ thinks about upcoming Mitsuki one-shot?
>>
>>138749835
And Sasori's wasn't even that good.
>>
>>138750007
Lee is a better Naruto than Naruto.
>>
>>138750188
>kakashi is hokage
>not naruto
>>
>>138750231
Anyone or anything that has a magatama on it that isn't called Sasuke or Itachi should never have existed in Naruto-verse.
>>
>>138750328
Jiraya is basically Lee/Guy but better
>>
>>138750361
Yes Kakashi was Hokage before Naruto.
>>
>>138750374
They have nothing to do with eachother as characters.

Lee should've been the MC. He perfectly embodied the supposed themes of the show and had the perfect road ahead of him to be someone you really liked to see grow and become great.

Instead we got Naruto.
>>
>>138750409
kakashi was almost hokage before tsunade woke up from the coma
>>
>>138750231
That's fan art yeah? I wondered if there was some correlation between those two.
>>
>>138750443
>They have nothing to do with eachother as characters.
They're all that underdog who had to work extra hard to get to the level
>>
File: protect the smile.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
protect the smile.png
2 MB, 1600x900
I want to protect her smile. I'm convinced she's best girl now.
>>
>>138750525
Kind of. Jirayia was never really about the underdog, more of a "silly character that turns out is one of the most badass fighters" type.

Lee is dumb (but not annoying like Naruto), naive, ugly, not a single drop of talent but he makes up for it with will and training, something we never Naruto do or win with. Everytime he wins is either dumb luck or chosen one shit, or talk no justsu.
>>
>>138750463
No Kakashi became the Hokage after the war. Tsunade retired and Kakashi was elected. Naruto becomes Hokage years after that. Tsunade was the 4th, Danzo the 5th, and Kakashi the 6th.
>>
>>138750680
In the flashbacks, Jiraya is shown to be the shittiest sannin and gets rekt by Tsunade. Then he trains a lot and gets good with the toads.

Also, if you recall it, he literally wills himself back to life against Pain
>>
>>138750730
>Tsunade was the 4th, Danzo the 5th, and Kakashi the 6th.
Are you retarded?
The 4th is Minato, the 5th is Tsunade, Danzo is a candidate for the position of 6th, but is killed before he can assume the position, and Kakashi is the actual 6th.
>>
Shounen isn't my thing, but lately I've wanted to get into Naruto. Should I do it or just find a different series instead?
>>
>>138750730
>Tsunade was the 4th
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.