[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mushishi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 蟲師続章.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
蟲師続章.png
2 MB, 1600x900
A beautiful show with a chilling OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0uaNS87Dc

Can we get some appreciation for this gem?
>>
Best ed song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PB8BN7LrhDE
>>
File: besto.png (485 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
besto.png
485 KB, 1280x720
Episode 20 is best.
Gotta say sometimes it's nice to see Ginko getting kinda of "close" to someone rather than just being the outsider.
>>
>>138722921
Those moments are so rare. But Ginko is a wanderer by soul and by profession, and that fact adds to the sometimes distant and lonely mood of the show. It's also what makes Mushishi so magical.
>>
I largely disliked it.
>>
>>138723366
What part about the show did you dislike?
>>
>>138723431
The episodic structure and lack of progression, mostly. I loved Kino's Journey, though.
>>
>>138723477
I actually really enjoyed the structure since it was refreshing from other shows that I've watched. It adds to the vagabond feel that I haven't found anywhere else. Kinda like the Road to Sata, exploring Japan as a single man, helping people from place to place yet never seeing them again.
>>
>>138723777
I thought it was really formulaic. Always with the happy endings. Needed more pyroclastic flows.
>>
As a bio major I fuckin love Mushishi
>>
>>138723852
The episode where he burned all the mold-children alive was a happy ending?
>>
>>138723477
isn't it the same though? kino doesn't grow from one country to then next. just makes stark observations and insights and then leaves for the next country. the only real difference is that kino has hermes to bounce words and ideas off of
>>
>>138723895
Mostly happy endings. It was all very predictable to me.

>>138723981
Yeah. I just liked the atmosphere in Kino a lot more. Fables etc.
>>
>>138721000
Best episode is when we see the ginko mushi god I was so fucked up that night seeing that scene gave me chills ill I'll never forget, who kagewani here?
>>
>>138723981
Same, I thought Mushishi was more observational than happy endings.

>>138724031
The ginko episode was really nice!
>>
>>138724021
>Yeah. I just liked the atmosphere in Kino a lot more. Fables etc.
okay you have a good point hidden here. it's not always "the mushi did this" every episode, so i understand a bit better why i like kino
>>
>>138724089
Kino was entirely about people and had this tangible significance. Mushishi was just "this magical stuff happened" and the people factor only comes in when people have to deal with what is essentially just a different, usually quite gimmicky plot device each episode.

It wasn't a bad show, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.