[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people hate the space arc? I literally thought it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 28
File: 0nlg.jpg (479 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0nlg.jpg
479 KB, 1280x720
Why did people hate the space arc?

I literally thought it was some meme until people I trust more than /a/ started saying the same thing. I always thought the first half was kinda boring and disjointed in comparison.

>Muh no Kamina
>Muh Rossiu is a dick

Literally who watched this show for the characters?
>>
>>138713845
More like the characters ruined the show.
>>
>>138713845
The space arc was good because of how loose and fun it was. Seeing how the characters change, especially in Rossiu's case, obviously, is what made the space arc being a lot darker more impactful.
>>
>yoko

>"You...are just a pair of fucking tits."
>>
>>138713845
I hated the over all second part.

does same shit as nadia, putting fucking pairings everywhere without thinking on the cool factor.
Yoko with big tits remains virgin forever because main chara its a fagg that cant move on from his waifu.
Literally becomes the same genre as the other gazzillion boring mecha animes.

The first part felt quite original but the rest, I just lost compelte interest, specially after Kamina died and flower eyes was introduced.
>>
>>138713845
The first part with the political themes was a complete change of pace. A lot didn't like these episodes.

But the actual space part was the natural progression of the series. If you do like the first half, why wouldn't you like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWxGqUYOa5E
>>
>>138713845
First part where they were just having fun taking down the Beastmen was fun. Second part just didn't feel right, can't really explain why it sucked.
>>
The first half of the second part was just boring and forcing drama between characters. The space part was good because it felt like the first half of the series again, like they were fighting for a cause together.
>>
>>138714507
Here's a fun challenge: Describe Yoko's character without using any variation of the words Badass, Hot, Boobs, or Ass.
>>
>>138715681
Skilled.
>>
>>138715681
Redhead, sniper rifle, ho...sexy teacher, thighhighs.
>>
>>138715681
I want to shove sticks of butter and tomato soup up her anus.
>>
>>138714770
Pretty much that, the first arc was unique.

That "power of friendship" parody was so well done that you could actually believe that crap.

The first episodes (until episode 8) was from an anime that's still my favorite. The rest felt was the typical japanese drama with its "x person died, but will forever live on our hearts"! Lame.
>>
>>138713845
Because it's boring, the gritty super robot action is replaced with red laser blue laser beam spam, the cool villains are replaced with dumb angel wannabees until Antispiral shows up in penultimate episode, all the supporting characters die in a conga line of pointlessness, it's simultaneously rushed and yet little of consequence happens in each individual episode.

I don't hate it mind you, but it's still a step down.
>>
>>138715681
She's a hot badass with nice boobs and a great ass
>>
>>138715681
Earnest girl with good will to help others and bad luck searching personal happiness yet still giving her best effort.
>>
>>138715681
kiss of death
>>
>>138715926
Yeah, yet people kept wanking and jerking on it for years. Until the dust settled so now they wont go like raving idiots.

I always tought that Viral should had gone with the blonde with big tits to make a Vegeta reference or some shit like that. I reckon his kid would had been pretty cool looking. But then again I have noticed that gainax when it comes to time skips they just throw everyone randomly or without much tought. Rather than thinking it as an equation to obtain a badass result.

Part 2 battles and soundtrack where super boring, and the only remarkable one was the battle of planets but even then I felt apathy and more like an obligation to watch it. Also chalk guy was hilariously pathetic and ridiculous.

This is why I hate timeskips without proper planing, fuck DBZ did it and it worked because Tori tought on the cool factor like "it would be cool if this guys had a kid because the kid would be like this and that and the interactions would be fun etc...
>>
>>138713845
>people
implying the opinion of 10guys on /a/ matter
>>
>>138715926
>The first episodes (until episode 8) was from an anime that's still my favorite
>The rest felt was the typical japanese drama with its "x person died, but will forever live on our hearts"! Lame

I said it back when the show was airing, and, having rewatched, I still say it now: episodes one through eight of TTGL are about as good as super robot anime gets. Everything afterwards is just Gainax going through the motions because they've got nineteen more episodes to fill.
>>
I liked it. Once they jumped the shark and just ran it into the ground it just felt gratifying to watch. I was entertained.
>>
File: 1457569361658.jpg (76 KB, 647x417) Image search: [Google]
1457569361658.jpg
76 KB, 647x417
>>138715895
>>
>>138713845
Part 2 was easily what killed the show for me until the middle of the space battle. Yeah, Part 1 did peter down after episode 8 and ended up being a bunch of typical long-term powerup shit, but Part 1 really capitalized on seeing a story through to the end in a set amount of time. TTGL Part 1 made me think that if your average anime season was 15 episodes instead of 12, it would be much easier to tell a story since it would allow for more "flushing out" and actually following the Hero's Journey system perfectly despite being in parody. 3 extra episodes really helps out more than most people would think.

What was cool about Part 2 was that it toyed with character longevity: even our matured heroes can't last forever, so what happens then? That was cool for a whopping 10 minutes until veteran characters actually started dying one by one. Other than that and the battle, Part 2 is a mess of "muh emotions" that doesn't really do a great job of sticking to parody or homage, and that's still a fair amount of episodes to go through before you really hit the meat & potatos.

I will say that despite all criticism, it still deserves a lot of the praise it gets since it fucking RESONATED here for years after it initially aired, even after the internet explosion the year after. The 10 year anniversary of TTGL is upon us in a year and 16 days. That might be an interesting day.
>>
>>138715681
THUNDER THIGHS
>>
File: 1428658864569.gif (500 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1428658864569.gif
500 KB, 400x225
>>138713845
Gurren Lagann is either love it or hate it anyways so who cares?
>>
>>138713845
No one hates the space arc, people hate the time skip bullshit leading up to it
>>
>>138715681
Kinda ditzy cute and sexy girl. Pretty cool.
>>
>>138713845
I don't hate that arc, but the Kamina City precursor was kind of a slog.
>>
>>138713845
>Why did people hate the space arc?
Because it was complete garbage that ruined everything good about the show. The first arc was great and did what it set out to do, the second arc is only liked by retarded children who've seen less than 20 whole animes.
>>
>>138715681
a hot-headed young fighter who wants to prove herself as more than just a pair of titties

despite her brash and loud exterior, she has a very sensitive motherly side
>>
Why did Rossiu put Simon to death? Why didn't he just put him in jail or demote him or something?
>>
>>138719135
Because that's how he learned things should be in that shitty village where he grew up.

He's just an idiot who forgot how they got that free world in the first place.
>>
You do all realize that the whole point of Kamina's character is to inspire Semen and everyone to grow balls, than die right?

And even though he was an unbearable prick you wanted to strangle (Along with that cunt with the glasses. Man, why are characters who wear glasses in anime usually cunts?), at least he was sorry.
>>
>>138719185
>Because that's how he learned things should be in that shitty village where he grew up.
That's a load of fucking shit and another example of how the writing in the second half is retarded.
>Rossiu's village operates under the idea "sacrifice a few to save the greater population"
>Simon's actions destroy some of the city but stop the invaders
>Their weapons would literally have done nothing without Simon, and the alternative would be for everyone to die
And then some fucking retards actually have to gall to say "Rossiu acted that way because it's in accordance with his upbringing." No, it's completely against it and out of character.
>>
File: KAMINA MOSAIC.jpg (987 KB, 2200x1237) Image search: [Google]
KAMINA MOSAIC.jpg
987 KB, 2200x1237
>>138719224
>And even though he was an unbearable prick you wanted to strangle
look at this blasphemy right here.
>>
>>138718679
Meh.
>>
>watched TTGL for the first time recently
>didn't know the timeskip was a thing
>timeskip happens
>HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO COOL
>...
>actually it kind of sucks
>oh thank christ they're in space now, it took you long enough
>>
>>138719335

Fuck I meant Rossiu was the unbearable prick you wanted to strangle.
>>
File: 1457814652773.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1457814652773.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>138719224
>Semen
>Balls
>Prick you want to strangle
I'm getting some weird masturbatory vibes from this post. Ya sure you don't need to go and wank one out real quick? How do you feel about your mother?
>>
So we can agree
>All of team Dai-Gurren dying to defend Simon, followed by Kitten sacrificing himself
Is better than
>Team Dai-gurren disappears, Kittan still sacrifices himself, and the team is just kinda there in the final fight
Right?
>>
>>138719507
Both are dumb, and what happens to Nia is even dumber.
>>
>>138713845
first time i have heard this sentiment
When it was still airing, people had a riot with it. The only complains i heard was for the arc before that, with all that political bullshit going on, and the fact that it looked too different from the first scene in the first episode
>>
>>138719706
Yeah, just like how people had a riot with KlK and everyone here loves it, right?
>>
>>138719786
People love these shows DESPITE the mistakes, not BECAUSE of them, anon.
>>
>>138719844
No, people who love them do it because they're retarded despite the face that the shows are shit.
>>
>>138719786
>Yeah, just like how people had a riot with KlK and everyone here loves it, right?
not really. It certainly had a big fanbase, even here on /a/, but ever since like episode 2 or 3 the "Trigger will save anime" meme has changed to "Anime is ruined", with a lot of people only staying on the ride in the hopes it gets better.
It was different with Gurren Laganns space arc, there was never doubt(aside for the moments i mentioned)
>>
The only major problem I had with TTGL (which ruined it for me) was that there wasn't a single good character in the show outside of minor ones like Viral and Kittan. The entire cast is just there to support Simon as he practically solos the universe itself.
It took the gattai part of Getter Robo, but really failed to make the other pilots just as strong as Simon and use teamwork to bring down the final boss.
>>
>>138720004
>It was different with Gurren Laganns
It absolutely was not. It was the same shit where a million retards flooded the board while the show was airing, and the people who actually lurk /a/ and watch anime can see past the drummed up hype and recognize the glaring flaws the shows have.

10 threads of people screaming "Fucking Rossiu!" don't mean people liked that arc, and a bunch of 14 year olds screaming "Its so epic!!!11! They're throwing galaxies!" don't mean the action in the space arc was better than the first half.
>>
>>138720116
>and the people who actually lurk /a/ and watch anime can see past the drummed up hype and recognize the glaring flaws the shows have.
there will always be retards, that is you, who bitch about everything, it's not those individuals the OP is talking about. He didn't say "why do some people" or "i have heard here and there", he generalized "people" as in "everyone" or "the majority", and he apparently heard it enough for it to sound like a meme.
>>
Yoko felt like she had almost nothing to do in the latter part of the series
>>
>>138720289
Next time you want to call someone else retarded, you should learn how to write a sentence in English first.
>>
>>138720304
She was too old after the timeskip.
>>
They started pulling out stupid bullshit like "probability altering missiles". The first half wasn't realistic either but the worse it pulled out of its ass was the prospect that fighting spirit could fix broken robots
>>
>>138715681

A character that initially exists as a contrast to Simon and Kamina. She appears as the sign of the 'outside world' with her vastly different clothing and active personality and outlook, but is restrained in her actions, whereas Kamina and by extension Simon are wild and play by no rules. She settles past this role before becoming a love interest for the two, potentially causing the actions that lead to the mistakes that caused Kamina's death.

Later, she acts as a sort of deuteragonist with Simon, where she manages to function better than him without Kamina, but is still hurting until Nia can get the two of them to make up.

Post time skip, she was the character who didn't settle into the life of decadence once they had triumphed, choosing to follow a dream and leave her old life behind, showing another contrast between her and Simon. When it all starts going to shit, she arrives to save him from a pit, just like at the start of the series

In short, she's the original foil to the main characters, whilst still remaining one of them
>>
>>138720396
There were way too many deus ex machina in the show.
I can understand a bit of nonsense, but there was too much of it for me to take it seriously.
>>
>>138720523
Man, that's a lot of words that amount to nothing of substance.

Just like Yoko.
>>
Did Yoko die a virgin? She seemed to be too much of a prude for that before meeting Simon and Kamina, literally nothing but a kiss happened after meeting them, and she still had 'he will always be in my heart' syndrome after both timeskips,just a little more accepting.
>>
>>138720702

ayy

She was seriously wasted, she got literally one thing that was cool in the space arc which was jailbreaking Simon
>>
>>138720755
>She was seriously wasted
As was every character post time skip outside of maybe Kittan, Viral and Genome for a total of 13 minutes.

Depressed, forlorn gazes into the horizon while sighing and mumbling a few words doesn't make for mature and interesting characters when the writer ignores all prior characterization.
>>
>>138720523
>Yoko
>potentially causing the actions that lead to the mistakes that caused Kamina's death.
>>
File: 1456295716465.jpg (69 KB, 553x544) Image search: [Google]
1456295716465.jpg
69 KB, 553x544
>>138720561
>to take it seriously
You weren't supposed to take it seriously.

Literally the entire point of the show is "make the impossible possible".
>>
>>138715681
Rifleman.
>>
File: nia.png (261 KB, 540x338) Image search: [Google]
nia.png
261 KB, 540x338
TTGL is one of those shows that has serious problems but I can't even care because I like the good parts so much that it cancels out the bad
>>
>>138715965
Oh yeah because the classical elements aren't played the fuck out.
>>
File: 1449973434774.jpg (147 KB, 600x712) Image search: [Google]
1449973434774.jpg
147 KB, 600x712
>>138721131
>Calls her a rifleman
>She's a woman
Why is this allowed?
>>
>Watching TTGL with /a/

Oh how I wish I could experience this again.
>>
>>138721118
Yes, but how can I take any of the character development or fights seriously? I was really bored watching it, even during the "hype", moments.
Like in episode 11 when Lagann suddenly moved by itself. How can I take his speech and victory seriously when he did literally nothing to earn it?
>>
>>138721458
Read anon's post again.

You clearly didn't like it so that is that. Is there really anything else for you to say?
>>
>>138713845

Yoko ruined everything. I'll never forgive her.
>>
>>138721035
>makes out with Kamina
>Simon can't handle the rejection
>mind is a mess during the fight
>since he can't back Kamina up properly Kamina dies

Not really blaming either of them, the fault is on Thymilph for stabbing him
>>
>>138721740
>>Simon can't handle the rejection
maybe simon shouldn't have been spying on them
>>
Because people who came in without a brain left when they realized Gainax could make a fun show have an interesting plot. I literally liked the second half more than the first.
>>
File: 1438910855282.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1438910855282.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
>>138721203
>Nia

The perfect matchup for Simon.
>>
File: 1446911686100.gif (1 MB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1446911686100.gif
1 MB, 200x240
>>138713845
Yoko is the fucking tits. Too bad she slutted around with Kittan and her dream was marrying him.
>>
>>138721924
You certainly wouldn't be the only one, but yeah, a lot of dipshits with ADHD complained about it not being like the first 8 (or so) episodes
>>
>>138721924
>second half
>interesting plot

It's generic as fuck. The whole "evil force programmed to eradicate the human race" thing is not new or interesting at all

>Because people who came in without a brain left

You're an elitist faggot
>>
>>138713845
Kill la kill is better
>>
>>138722228
No one fucking said it was original. It was added to give life to the series and not just a brainless show about people in robots fighting people on the surface. Let me guess, you thought FLCL and Gunbuster's plots were generic as fuck too.

>You're an elitist faggot
You can go back to watching mindless shit like Pandora now.
>>
God Yoko is such a fucking waste. She literally exists for fanservice and nothing more.

I like TTGL as much as the next guy, but the characters are fucking garbage. The only character with some sort of interesting arc is Viral, the most unironically edgy guy in the show.
>>
>>138722301
This desu
The only thing TTGL did better was the animation.
Characters, OST, even the plot was better in KLK.
>>
>>138722367
Sjw on /a/?
>>
>>138722301
Kill La Kill had inconsistent animation, a mid series arc that was boring and had zero purpose and a super edgelord protagonist
>>
>>138713845
I actually thought the space arc was the best one
>>
>>138722404
>KLK has a better plot than TTGL
>KLK has better Characters
this bait made me laugh
>>
my main complaint about TTGL is the fact that the majority of the characters don't matter at all

like, who matters? kamina, simon, rossiu, nia (plot device), yoko (plot device), kittan and viral

but that's like 1/3 of the characters

you have this huge TEAM DAI GURREN waving flags and manning battlestations but none of them fucking matter, none of them get developed in any way. androgynous gay tech guy is always gay tech guy from minute zero to the end. am I really supposed to feel emotion when the fucking twin mongoloid dudes die in space? or some characters who I don't even recognize get blown up?

I understand you can't develop everyone to be super fleshed out but kittan and viral are the only real non-main characters to undergo any sort of character arc
>>
>>138722409
Nah, fanservice is great if done properly. Take Kill la Kill for example, the fanservice isn't just relegated to some retarded side character. Hell, it even serves to further Satsuki's characterization, showing that she literally doesn't care about how slutty she looks because she would do anything for power.
>>
The movies really fixed up the "issues" from the series.

Also nips in the movies.
>>
>>138722602
>The movies really fixed up the "issues" from the series.
No they didn't, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>138722516
Well let me think.

TTGL had one good character.

KLK had maybe 2 good characters.

So yeah.
>>
The only episode I hated was that fucking Yoko episode. Simon gets sentenced to death, the moon is about to kill everyone, so let's have an entire episode dedicated to some retarded toddlers dick around. Who the fuck approved that? Yoko wasn't an important character in the second arc because she wasn't even in half of it. Why did she need an episode?

>>138722404
It's hard to say KLK had a better plot seeing as they tried to redo Eva, but worse.
>>
>>138722518
To be fair, the entire show is based around Simon and his coming of age, just like every Gainax production about young boys. Also, the show is a huge homage to every robot/sci-fi anime out there so it makes sense that not everyone gets developed (except for Yoko in other ways).
>>
>>138722602
the movies actually made the issues worse, by taking already shallow character development and squeezing it down into 90 minutes

the movies improve the ending but that's it honestly
>>
Because it was poorly written nonsense that relied on pretty colors and even bigger robots to try and keep the audience enthralled.

Not to mention the ending was atrocious.
>>
File: 1431209338204.png (98 KB, 370x210) Image search: [Google]
1431209338204.png
98 KB, 370x210
>>138722516
>Ryuko develops throughout the entire show, learning about herself, her father, and growing to accept it while Satsuki acts as her foil and rival. They grow together and take out the big bad
>Simon just becomes literally Kamina 2.0 for no reason. Essentially stops developing after episode 11 and the plot is nothing but him beating everything.
>>
>>138722622
What? The movies made TTGL an 8/10 to a literal 9/10.

Also boobies.
>>
>>138722704
>TTGL an 8/10 to a literal 9/10.
Both versions are a 6/10 at best if you're not a child.
>>
>>138720702
>>138720755
Well she wasn't as bad as Sakura Haruno.
>>
>>138722676
But we already know who the characters are and they aren't even the main or important issues TTGL has.

Which is boobies. Specifically Yoko's
>>
Can't we all just agree that Gainax and Trigger are horribly overrated?
>>
>>138722740
>Both versions are a 6/10 at best if you're a manchild with an underdeveloped brain and was raised poorly

I agree because only main characters like us can truly see that TTGL was an 8/10 and I'm just being humble so i don't seem like a fanboy TTGL is actually 10/10

Oops I accidentally said it.
>>
>>138722845
Not as overrated as Shaft
>muh powerpoints
>>
>>138722847
So are you 15 years old, from MAL, or both?
>>
>>138722845
But trigger made inferno cop and Ninja Slayer and LWA
>>
>>138722845
Trigger is shit
Gainax has some decent anime unlike Trigger
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 850x1185) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 850x1185
How can you hate the timeskip when it has milf Kiyoh?
>>
>>138722968
>Married to Dayakka
>DAYAKKA OF LITTNER

Fucking wasted potential and her short hair wasn't a good look on her tbqh. She was a babe the first half
>>
Kill la Kill had better characters if you count episode 25. The only characters that got the short end of the stick were Tsumugu and Aikurou because seems like most of their development got cut or rewritten. Stuff like Kinue being Aikuro's fiancee or Aikuro being meant to die.
>>
>>138722750

I'd say she was a travesty but she was never cool in Part 1 and she never amounted to anything more than Tsunade 2 in part 2

At least Yoko had some sniper shit going on early on like when she sniped Nia out of Adiane's grip
>>
>>138722927
I'm actually old enough to be your older brother. I think. How old are you?
>>
The manga adaptation also has a few changes from the anime, namely that Kiyal isn't just pointless filler and actually gets to go to space and pilot Tengen Toppa King Kittan.
>>
>>138723054
Late 20's, but that's besides the point.

So to answer my question, you're from MAL. Glad we cleared it up.
>>
File: Yoko 3.jpg (57 KB, 627x720) Image search: [Google]
Yoko 3.jpg
57 KB, 627x720
It's funny but the only fix I can see for Yoko would be to remove Simon entirely. Because she was fine until he became the center of the universe and every other character just felt tacked on.

But Yoko would get you a hot chick with a fetish for guns with just as much fighting spirit as her late love interest Kamina.
>>
>>138722698
>Simon just becomes literally Kamina 2.0

Diet Kamina, more like.
>>
>>138723087
What the hell is a MAL
>>
>>138723095
To this day she is still my top tier waifu.
>>
>>138723163
That's funny, but you have to go back now.
>>
File: yoko.gif (1019 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yoko.gif
1019 KB, 500x281
>>138723024
kill la kill is inconsistent shite
>>138723095
simon should've married yoko
>>
>>138723216
What? And the next thing you'll tell me is that i'm from le reddit.
>>
>>138723240
>ring gets tossed to Yoko
>Yoko throws it right back at Simon without a second thought

Yoko rejected him not once but twice.
>>
>>138713845

The only good part of the second half were the battles in space and Kittan's death with the best song Libera Me From Hell
>>
>>138723250
>Pretending he doesn't know because somehow google doesn't work
>Still can't capitalize correctly
>le
You have to go back.
>>
>>138723095
She should have been a staple Gurren pilot, and has as much spiral power as Simon, along with Kittan.
>>
>>138723287
yeah but he was a little kid, he grew up to be a hunk
>>
>>138723310
I can't go back. I made a what I thought was a high larious post but didn't even receive a single like.

I started sweating and imagining all the people cringing realizing my post wasn't funny so I made a run to the shittiest forum I could find and now I'm here.
>>
>>138723359
Simon is still Simon though, a nice guy. Her slut sense senses that.

Yoko is only into bad boys like Kamina and Kittan.
>>
>>138723454
/r9k/ was right again
>>
>>138723521
Ecks dee
>>
>>138723454
go back to /r9k/
>>
>>138723404
Are you actually this retarded or is this some meta-parody to highlight how stupid TTGLfags are?
>>
>>138723454
More specifically, bad boys who are about to die.

>>138723521
Of all the words of tongue and pen,
The saddest are these: r9k was right again.
>>
>>138723521
>>138723553
>implying i want to read self loathing anons complain about their girl problems

I'm super high test thats why im in this TTGL thread
>>
File: 1347989899035.jpg (74 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1347989899035.jpg
74 KB, 601x601
>>138723454
>>138723521
>>138723553
>be me
>be nice guy
>liberate the surface from the forces of the spiral king
>she still wants chad's dick over mine
REEEEEEEEEEE IT'S NOT FAIR ROASTIEEEEES
>>
>>138723665
you made kekkle
>>
>>138723600

is it that Yoko is attracted to the stench of death, or is her saliva the thing that triggers death?
>>
>>138723824
i would kiss yoko
>>
>>138713845
I liked it but not as much as the begining, Simon turning to a man was just awesome
>>
>>138715681
sharpshooter
>>
>>138716851
>Part 2 battles and soundtrack where super boring
>libera me from hell
>super boring
>>
>>138718152
who is this lecherous temptress
>>
File: file.png (467 KB, 378x792) Image search: [Google]
file.png
467 KB, 378x792
>>138723968
>kiss yoko
>bury my face in her tits and wait for the sweet release of death
>>
>>138722968
Why did she want Rossiu
>>
File: 284[1].jpg (11 KB, 284x159) Image search: [Google]
284[1].jpg
11 KB, 284x159
Does anyone else like this retard?
>>
>>138724925
he had his moments
>>
>Jap voices say sea-mon
>Dub says sea-mon
>It's spelled Simon

I am always going to just call him Simon.
How do you get Sea-mon from that?
>>
>>138724925
>not liking Beamspam McMuppet
>>
>>138722845
Better than you favorite studio.
Yes, I'm mad.
>>
>>138724968
it's like the french pronunciation
>>
>>138713845
TTGL could have been great if Nui didn't exist. Dragged it down from a 7 to a 5.
>>
>>138724968
Vowels anon.
>>
>>138724968
I think that dub VAs pronounce English names the same way that the Japanese cast does because they don't want to be accused of overlocalization, e.g. calling Usagi Serena. In High School of the Dead, the dub cast pronounced "Alice" "ah-ree-SUE", which made them sound like complete idiots.
>>
The entire post timeskip stuff is horrible beside the moon and the fight. It's fucking boring and unnecessary. Characters randomly swap personalities, nothing happens for whole episodes at a time, which is a problem considering there are only 8 of them, the plot is weird bullshit with the ring and whatever, and it tried to force feels.
Teacher yoko was hot though.
>>
>>138719671
Muh sad forced ending
>>
>>138724968
>It's spelled Simon
>How do you get Sea-mon from that?
Actually it's spelled シモン
>>
>>138721924
>tripfag
>shit opinion
Perfect
>>
People hate the space part because like everything in the second half it was rushed as fuck and only existed to further the show's momentum into a spectacularly mediocre train wreck
There are potentially like two good shows worth of content crammed into those twelve episodes, but they're laced with shit like the suicide bomb fight, human Boota, everyone dying, or the ending and epilogue in general
>>
Wait there were nipples in the movies?
>>
>>138725978
Si.
>>
>>138726312
Is it worth watching them
>>
>>138726353

Probably yes, but I think no.

The movies miss a lot of the point of the series by just going with BIGGER. MORE EPIC. EXPLOSIONS. and loses the heart of the series, including fucking up the final battle
>>
>>138726353
Its worth it for the nipples
>>
>>138726353
Nipples are always worth watching.
>>
>>138721203
Nia was the bad part that got canceled out at the end.
>>
>>138726353
no, they ruin all the pacing and build up of the series and nia's tits are way too distracting in the final scene.
>>
File: ttgl.jpg (851 KB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.jpg
851 KB, 2016x1512
Everyone get at my level
>>
>>138726897
are they all just sitting in their boxes?
yawn
>>
>>138726961
>implying you take figures out of their boxes
>>
>>138727013
unless you intend to resell there's really no point to that. I'd really like to see that GK Gurren though.
>>
>>138726469
>>138726488
How much nipples are there
>>
>>138726897
>Everyone get at my level
And trade my Getter manga, figures, GGG figs, Gunbuster figs, and various artbooks from shows that aren't shit for TTGLshit? Why in God's name would I do that?
>>
>>138727211
3 nipples every 1.25 minutes.
>>
>>138727374
Thats a lotta nips.
>>
>>138723084
Manga's kyalfagging was only one of the many awful things about it.
>>
>>138715681
expert marksman
500 confirmed kills
you're dead kiddo
>>
>>138723824
Yoko was never attracted to Kittan.
>>
File: simon.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
simon.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
TTGL is my favorite anime
>>
>>138726353
>>138727211
No it's not worth it, let me save you a couple of hours.
>>
>>138727892
>>
>>138727892
Now post Yoko's. Those were better.
>>
>>138727937
Not as big as they should've been compared to >>138724404
Chickened out.
>>
>watched first half of this, it was okay
>suddenly they were adults
DROPPED
>>
>>138728045

They also converted her pants into panties
>>
>>138715681
Earnest hard-working girl who is the only character capable of taking on a mech without using a mech herself. Wants a love life but the people she's attracted to and gets involved with are the type who die young, causing a lonliness she fills by bringing happiness to others (becoming a teacher). Very set on bringing good lives to the next generation, as you can see when she risks her life to overthrow the beastmen and when she became a teacher.
>>
>>138728072
She looked fat and flabby in the movie, honestly disgusting.
>>
>>138728065
>A show entirely about the coming-of-age and growing from an immature child into a mature man
>they became adults
>this is somehow bad
Yeah man I hate continuations of the main themes of my stories, as well as concrete progression of plot, time, and a conclusion.
>>
>>138728176
>concrete progression
lol
>>
File: 1186469063748.jpg (105 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1186469063748.jpg
105 KB, 1024x576
>>138721285
TTGL and Geass were so fun with /a/.
>>
>>138728176
>character progression is all tossed kht the window
Lol
>>
>>138720028
>The entire cast is there to support Simon
Nah senpai, Rossiu definitely grows along side Simon
>>
>>138727403
Well they are Japanese.
>>
>>138715681

hot tempered, optimistic, loyal, passionate, stoic, sensitive

wow, that was in no way a challenge. thanks for wasting my time, fag
>>
>>138728865
>hot tempered
>stoic
antonyms
>>
>>138713845
The second half felt like a giant parody of the first half.
>>
>>138728425

/a/ had entire threads about a rock.

>That image
Ah yes, I remember "Bruce"
>>
>>138722228
Please don't talk to the tripfaggot.
>>
We have come to living in a time when /a/ and /m/ don't recognise TTGL references anyomre. Let that sink in.
>>
>>138728425
Why is Brock in Gurren Lagann how does he fit in with the TTGL lore?
>>
holy fuck there is gurren lagan movies?
>>
>>138729142
They're like the first 2 Madoka movies condensed versions of the series just with a better budget, the fighting scene at the end of the last episode was extended in the second movie.
>>
>>138715681
Intelligent, nihilistic, ith a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>138715681

Doombitch.
>>
>>138715681
Horsepussy
>>
>>138715681
Pale imitation of BUUUUSTER MACHINEEEEE NANAHO.
>>
File: 1444374343227.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1444374343227.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>138713845
I think I did because I'm having a hard time believing there's a show without the characters.
>>
>>138713845
The whole second half was just mindless "we must go BIGGER" padding. And the writing turned utterly stupid.
>>
Kittan's giga drill break was the height of the series.
>>
>>138713845

IT was shit. Though was hype to watch with /a/ back in the day.
>>
I hate the beginning of the space arc, but when Simon and his posse go into space and say fuck everything was hype as shit. Reminder that the second movie is canon for the final fight.
>>
overrated shit
>>
Yoko is such a fucking shit character. Actually almost every character in it is fucking shit. The only good character is the Spiral King.
>>
Dropped it after episode 8. This series has not a single redeeming quality.(Or at least up to that point)
>>
File: gurren lagann (1).jpg (255 KB, 818x963) Image search: [Google]
gurren lagann (1).jpg
255 KB, 818x963
You don't watch TTGL for the plot, just the concepts, such as:
>mechas as big as galaxies
>cool spacy costumes
>love
>>
>You don't watch TTGL
>>
>>138729056
Anonymous faggots like you are no better
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.