[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really wasn't prepared for these feels. I thought I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 54b125bd841dd[1].jpg (45 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
54b125bd841dd[1].jpg
45 KB, 600x330
I really wasn't prepared for these feels. I thought I was getting into an anime with a super strong girl fighting cool shit, but in the end it was more about the love story between Shiki and Mikiya. The ending of the 7th film was perfect, but I thought the epilogue was kind of useless and pretty bad, what do you thin?
>>
When I say the epilogue, I'm talking about the 35mn OAV. Haven't watched yet the last two movies as I fear they'll be as bad as epilogue
>>
>>138695343
the epilogue tells us about void shiki so it's good
>>
>>138695362
I don't really see the point of void shiki, I feel like there was no need to inrtoduce that character
>>
>>138695343
It's nasuverse fanservice. You weren't the target audience.

>Haven't watched yet the last two movies as I fear they'll be as bad as epilogue
They're good. I've waited 5 years for them since that april fool's joke so I might be biased.
>>
That soundtrack - fucken bliss
>>
>>138695868
>no need
for you
>>
the only part of the series i couldnt get a good feelibg about was episode one. it jumped into it to fast and the wasnt enough character explaination for me to really care. but then every other part was excellent
>>
>>138696148
well I usually like these kind of long talks about one's self and shit like that, but I thought it wasn't well done at all and simply boring

>>138696391
that's why I love the first episode so much, it's so misleading
>>
>>138695319
>I thought I was getting into an anime with a super strong girl fighting cool shit, but in the end it was more about the love story between Shiki and Mikiya.

Aw yeah, that totally got me too.
I don't know if you ever played Melty Blood but in this game her fighting style is pretty rad so that's what I was expecting the most out of the movies.
>>
>>138697134
it releases in spring on Steam and I can't wait to play it, never have before.

here's the source : http://arcsystemworksu.com/arc-system-works-releasing-5-titles-on-steam-by-summer-2016/
>>
I don't understand why people shun this series. It basically has everything you need: strong charismatic cast, pitiable 'villains', character development, jigsaw puzzle-like storytelling, subtle world-building, perfect use of supernatural aspect (gives you the strict necessary to remain mysterious while still applying rules), very cool action parts, awesome score and a few developed themes like fear of the unknown, murder or feeling of being lost that are very important parts of human lives. People say it's because of the Nasu philosophy but the characters are 'droning' in the first movie only so it's a very bad excuse.

Great taste OP.
>>
>>138697378
It isnt shunned

Back when the films were being released once every 6 months or so the hype was so real here that you could nearly taste it. And asside from film 6 it was generally beloved. I will still never forget the threads that episodes 3 and 5 spawned.

Its not talked about so much anymore since it is complete and in and of itself does not provide much exposition to the Nasuverse in the same way that Tsukihime or Fate or even Mahoyo do.
>>
>>138697459
I thought movie 6 was good. Sue me.
>>
>>138697492
See you in court.
>>
>>138697378
>I don't understand why people shun this series.
because they don't

The time I hear people complain about this godlike series is saying stupid shit like it's "2Deep4u" or "dropped it after movie 2 because I didn't know what was going on lol"
>>
>>138695343
Movie 8 is gr8. You have to watch it if you enjoyed the others
>>
Shiro vs Mikiya, who is the biggest hero of justice?
>>
>>138698055
Mikiya.
>>
i'm under the impression that i'm the only one who prefers episode 2 over all the rest.
>>
>>138695319
Watch the 8th movie asap. Mana is the best reward for those who like Shiki and Mikiya.
>>
>>138700993
This. It also gives you a better look into SHIKI's personality.
>>
>>138697492
I think 6 and 4 are similarly weak but 6 gets much more shit for some reason.
>>138698055
Shirou. French poet is just a normalfag.
>>138700934
I love the Singing in the rain bit.
>>
>>138701077

imo the song at the start of 4 makes up for every misstep the episode makes. i can listen to that thing forever.
>>
>>138701077
6th was change from the original novel too much I suppose.
>>
>>138701176
What are the differences between the novels and the movies?
>>
>>138695319
Well fuck, I guess then.
>>
>>138701243
Something about forced prostitution and pregnancy and shit.

Try search the archive.
>>
>>138701153
I love that song too but I think it draws attention to itself too much, rather than enhancing the scene.
>>138701176
I see, though I'm not very interested in the novels. I also forgot that 6 came right after Paradox Paradigm, people were understandandably let down.
>>
>>138701551

hhmm. when you put it that way maybe it did draw too much attention to itself but that made the whole episode extremely memorable for me and i ended up watching it multiple times by itself.

so i'd say it did its job
>>
>>138701457
What do you mean the archive?
>>
>>138701801

it's a pretty cool band
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.