[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true, /a/nons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1420883804838.jpg (2 MB, 5803x4080) Image search: [Google]
1420883804838.jpg
2 MB, 5803x4080
Honestly, Stay Night's source material is pretty bad. It's not terrible by any means, but the concept of Stay Night works much, much better as a VN than it does as an anime. Where each of the VN routes are parts of 1 whole, the anime adaptations are supposedly standalone and it just does not work very well.

ufotable should have done their own route and took elements from each route to do it, like DEEN tried but failed to do.

I don't know if even that will fix it, and Stay Night will always have plot holes/asspulls but UBW just felt empty. Great to look at but there were too many episodes and it just never really seemed to click into place. It just went from one part to the next, which is ok with a VN because you have the eternal monologue's which tell the story (given that you're seeing it from one character's perspective) but with the anime it's a bit different.

I think, overall, the main issue with UBW especially was that ufotable tried too hard to keep it to the source material and it ended up feeling like you were watching a visual novel rather than an anime, and I know why they did this but I just wish they would have taken more risks. In the end, they didn't please the hardcore fans because of some changes they made, and they didn't please other fans because they tried so hard to please the hardcore ones.
>>
>>138674644
true. all of it
>>
tl;dr but i've leard to just nod and smile whenever someone posts words about fate/whatever
>>
>>138674824
>learned
>>
If I agree will we get a redone fate route animated by ufotable?
>>
>>138674644
In deed. but if they finally adapt all three routes, it'll be a complete adaptation and we will see the entire as a whole, which would be better.
>>
>>138674644
to be honest nasu should write another original route for the anime. But then again it's really hard since each route has a different theme and you can't mix all the themes in just 1 route without it getting clusterfuck.
>>
>>138675033
He could easily expand on the Illya route that never made it into the VN.
>>
It shouldn't have even been made into an anime. I don't mind how it turned out, other than the fact that they used the garbage from Realta Nua instead of sticking to the original and having a real scene with Rin and Shirou, but why adapt it in the first place? Not everything needs an adaptation, Fate works best as a VN, and it's the way the story should be experienced, not as an anime.
>>
>>138675186
>muh kiss
>>
>>138674824
>whenever someone posts words

What else are we going to post? Charades depicting our opinions, via gifs?
>>
>>138674644
>i dont know what heavens feel is: the post

you haven't seen anything yet secondary and here you are spittin your bullshit opinion
>>
>>138675277
You can't be implying what they went with was better?
>>
UBW was a terrible route anyway.
Waiting for based HF
>>
>>138675581
UBW was better than HF (which was still good) though.
>inb4 someone calls me a secondary and tells me to read the VN for having an opinion
>>
I honestly think fate route is the best of the three
>>
>>138675639
An story where the main issue is not resolved (Sakura) and Fate/zero gets totally ditched is better? LOL
>>
>>138674644
The main problem with ufo UBW was they put the wrong person in the director chair.
>>
>>138675810
>Main issue
If you go through HF, Saber (who is also in a major problem) will not be saved.
If you go through UBW, Sakura will be fucked over but the grail will still be dismantled. What happens to Saber is unknown.
Honestly, each of the routes have their pros and cons. Did you even read the VN? It's supposed to illustrate that whole "you can't save everyone" thing.
>>
>>138675810
>>138675897
Also >Fate/Zero gets totally ditched
Garbage post confirmed, why am I even replying
>>
>>138675810
Who even gives a flying fuck about Zero?
>>
>>138675551
I'm saying I don't give a shit. It's just a kiss, and it's not like they would have shown any sex scene.

They're living together in the epilogue so I doubt they weren't getting it on every night anyway.
>>
>>138675897
>>138675953
>>138676001
Sakura, The Great Grail, Fate/zero linking and Shirou becoming changing his mentality were the important things about Fate/stay night.

Saber was just a tool like all the other servants and Rin has her screen time in a superior way compared to UBW or Fate.

Gilgamesh was also developed by causing the Grail problems after he was eaten.

Heavens feel is where the true deal is, leaving all the waifu and all that faggotry behind, exploring the darkness that Fate/stay night has to offer.
>>
>>138676181
>exploring the darkness

>Muh pain, the route

WAKE ME UP
>>
File: (CAN'T WAKE UP).png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T WAKE UP).png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>138676181
>Heavens feel is where the true deal is, exploring the darkness that fate/stay night has to offer
>le dark edgy route
now this must either be reddit or bait
>>
>>138676056
The point was they cut it out. You're right, it's just a kiss, so why not show it? And no, I don't expect them it show a sex scene, but we could have had a fade to black, panning out, whatever. And sex will always change a relationship dynamic, brings them closer that any other way can't. Instead we get dolphins, dragons, transferring magical crests, all sorts of stupid shit.

Also it's a bigger trend of Nasu/TM for some reason distancing themselves from how Fate was originally made, pushing Realta Nua instead.
>>
>>138676220
>>138676235
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>138676181
Sorry anon but Fate/Stay Night is a better sequel than FateZero
>>
>>138676282
Who the hell cares? It doesn't actually change anything. They're a couple by the end. They're living together.

>"B-But he'd put his pOnOs in her vagOO!"

You watch too many romance flicks.
>>
>>138676392
I don't know, just seemed like a change that wasn't necessary at all. And I would disagree when you say it doesn't change anything. They're in a relationship, why not act like it?

Okay, fine, other anime/manga where established convention has the main leads not even kiss, freak out by holding hands, etc. Whatever, it's to appeal to a certain demographic who doesn't want that, or they just don't want to show it because that's just the way things are. I know that going in, and I can accept it.

But here you have a story that is quite dark, and the original does have them kissing, having sex, being in a real relationship. And then you choose to cut it out, again for no real reason, and try to justify the changes in the story with some hamfisted bullshit.
>>
>>138676235
>>138676342
>>138676220
You are not Japanese, you shouldn't care about bullshit like waifus and love and all that shit, you will never be Japanese, people from this side of the world care only about serious things like gaming, darkness and good written stuff, music and other things.

Japanese can eat the trash they like but see them now locked in their little island where males are beta as fuck, while on this side you have chicks who would have sex everyday with you.

Not liking heavens feel being from this side of the world is stupid as it is the best the fate franchise has to offer.
>>
>>138676633
The less that needs to be censored, the better. At that point, the most important thing was the climactic fight against Gilgamesh, not Shirou and Rin's relationship. The Unlimited Blade Works route is about Shirou confronting his ideals and growing as a person, not about who he diddles.

And there's literally an entire episode centered around him being in a relationship with Rin. I can let a kiss pass.
>>
>>138676700
I'm not invalidating the entire thing for skipping the scene. I do think the original is much better than Realta Nua, and that's what I consider the actual thing and the story that should be experienced.

And I don't disagree with you when you say the fight was what was important there. It's not like the scene would have taken an episode long. They already spent part of it leading up to an acceptable atmosphere, then they could have kissed and faded to black. Done, you don't have to censor anything, we all know what can and can't be shown. That would have been an acceptable compromise. And it's not like the idea of having sex with a lover before going off to some fated life and death battle is a foreign concept to stories.
>>
>>138675419
>words about fate/whatever

learn how prepositions work please
>>
>>138676881
I think what it all comes down to is, you give a shit. I don't.

And I'm getting bored with this, because I really, really don't give a shit about a single stupid kiss.
>>
>>138676994
I don't dispute that. We'll agree to disagree.
>>
LOL
nice pasta, nice bait.
>>
File: ufffw7xlj0tceplvogz9.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ufffw7xlj0tceplvogz9.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
>>138675897
>It's supposed to illustrate that whole "you can't save everyone" thing.
>>
File: 1444241798498.jpg (210 KB, 686x441) Image search: [Google]
1444241798498.jpg
210 KB, 686x441
>another thread shitting on fsn

I'm tired bros, so fucking tired.

Every thread. Every fucking thread. You get some asshole shitting on T/M and their games.

FS/N is beautiful and has an imaginative story on par with classic Ghibli works. But Trolls just wanna shit on it because its made by "muh Nasu."

I've defended T/M so fucking much every day every hour that its mentally drained me. I don't know what to do anymore.

So all I ask is to please, please stop bashing T/M. They try very hard on their games and it shows.
>>
File: OHOHOHOHO.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
OHOHOHOHO.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>138675419
>Year of our Lord 2016
>Not depicting your opinions with charades via gifs
>>
>>138677520
MAKI NATSUO PLEASES OLD MEN FOR STUDENT COUNCIL FUNDS
>>
>>138677108
fsn is shit though
>>
>>138676181
>Fate/zero linking
> important things about Fate/stay night
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>138677108
It's just a meme bro, chill
>>
>>138674644
>the anime adaptations are supposedly standalone

No?

Where was this stated? UBW in particular never claimed it was standalone. It claimed itself to be Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], not Fate/stay night, and it did just that on the package. It adapted the Unlimited Blade Works route.

And I thought it was fantastic. I loved it, but it was never meant to be the thing to get you started into Type Moon.

Before this, there was the 2006 adaptation, which did claim to be Fate/stay night, and tried to merge the stories. Not to much success, but it did try. Then there was Fate/Zero, which again came before UBW, and was referenced in UBW.

Why in the world would anyone think, after a decade and a multitude of anime, that /this/ was the place to start?

It's like jumping into season three of a show, and complaining because it doesn't 100% click with you.

No shit.
>>
>>138680098
I mean to add onto that, do you think Heaven's Feel will be "standalone"? It itself is a route built on referencing and subverting content from the previous two routes, both of which have now been animated, by the way.

I think a big problem with some people is that they look at the various Fate anime is standard 26 episode shows that you look at individually.

No, it's just like your longer running franchises that go on for a multitude of seasons. The main difference is that the plots are non-linear.

Now granted, that can be difficult for some folks to wrap their heads around, and it's definitely not for everyone, but seeing the butterfly effect, and having all these plot threads unravel and change based off of little alterations early on is part of what makes it interesting, and also helps show how these characters would react in different situations.

I really don't think though, that if you watched from Fate 2006 to UBW 2014, you would be losing an absurd amount of narrative understanding. You're maybe getting 85-90% of the experience, with even a few new things in UBW's case.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.