[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero doesnt even provide a closure and that should be reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Fate.zero.full.947474.jpg (2 MB, 3240x4093) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.947474.jpg
2 MB, 3240x4093
Zero doesnt even provide a closure and that should be reason enough that Stay Night has more depth than Zero. You wouldn't even know the logic behind Zero's ending without playing/watching Stay Night

Without Stay Night, the ending of Zero just seems like a giant plot device without any reasoning behind it
>>
Can you someone please translate that to normal human language so I may understand what he's trying to convey?
>>
>>138662621
pssh zerofags will be triggered
>>
>>138662694
tl;dr
stay night>zero
>>
>>138662621
Maybe that's because Zero is a prequel.
>>
it's a greek tragedy, you're supposed to know how it ends
>>
File: 1418237164151.jpg (29 KB, 468x263) Image search: [Google]
1418237164151.jpg
29 KB, 468x263
>>138662720
>>
Zero it`s better tho.
>>
Zero is better however.
>>
File: 013.jpg (136 KB, 826x964) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
136 KB, 826x964
>mfw people complain about Urobuchi writing something with such passion despite being limited by the source material

F/Z is really good on its own. The VN was a real hit without really being deep at all.
>>
Too bad that FSN has one of the most shittiest MC of all time.
>>
>>138664555
And bad dialogue.
>>
>>138662621
Does it really matter? At the end of the day F/Z is gone because Demonbane killed it.
>>
>>138662621
Stop baiting the secondaries
>>
I haven't even seen Stay Night and I understood Zero.
>>
>>138664923
Then I take it you understand why Kayneth cried after losing his magic
>>
>>138664454
>>138664514
>>138664519

Better directed yeah.

The visual novel is good But urobuchi style and nasu's style are too diferent to compare. Also the shitty VN fantranslation doesn't gives enough justice to his writing. Nasu is really pasionate about his expositions, but he's not far from the everyday LN writer. Although it's hidden inside the harem concept he built a rich world (you can also say that it's a toned down version of the world of darkness UN with alien gods), while Urobuchi is just a typical scenario designer. He's not creative enough to make his own concepts but he's really good at making circunstances happen so he can take the best out of characters, they're both shit at dialog though, at least when it comes to interactions. They can both give charactes great exposition by other means but when it comes to interactions they just fuck it up, that's why they look fucking stupid when they are translated into animation; Kiritsugu looks like a manchild extremist while shirou looks like an idiot with 0 awareness of his soroundings.

Meanwhile if you read their inner monologues and point of views/narrations you can see they're both broken men with ideals driving them to a dream. Fate is not the best literary work at all but it's good enough to connect with almost every audience because of how it's world feels so alive while being simple and silly at the same time. Anyway the butcher helped to rise the franchise a lot thanks to his style as Hiroyama is doing it with Prisma, they expand the world in a way Nasu could never do it because of his style limitations.

TL;DR: Invited writers are good to expand shit but they're not the ones who make shit work. just ask any /co/marade
>>
>>138663191
Almost every story these days, specially in animu is a "hero's journey" story, what's your point?
>>
>>138665532
Shirou's in the spectrum and Kiritsugu didn't develop well

>Captcha: Select all the images with boats
>>
>>138666199
>spectrum
Of values or autism? ¯\(ツ)/¯
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.