[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these two anime is the better one /a/? >pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: LOGHvsGeass.jpg (70 KB, 394x525) Image search: [Google]
LOGHvsGeass.jpg
70 KB, 394x525
Which of these two anime is the better one /a/?

>pic related to my general opinion.
>>
logh

actually i haven't watched either but i refuse to watch code geass because literally nothing about it seems interesting to me
>>
>>138629053
not even fat butts?
>>
>>138629088
a pea glued to a toothpick doesn't count as fat
>>
They are both extremely worthwhile, but for different reasons.
I don't see any reason to put one above the other.
>>
>>138628989
Code Geass is great television.
LOGH is a great novel in TV format. Depends on your preferences really.
>>
File: ifonlyuwherehere.jpg (52 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ifonlyuwherehere.jpg
52 KB, 960x720
>if only Kircheis was here then Code Geass would not exist.
>if only
>Kircheis
>>
>>1386290
Well. You definitely must watch it
>>
you know Reinhard is kinda a gary stu in comparison to Lelouch

I mean Lolouch pulled bullshit off but he got his ass kicked loads of times you got the end of the first season that reset everything he worked on. His opponents where either competent warriors who exploited his weakness of having no combat or mech piloting prowess or just as intelligent people who gave him a run for his money (like his father, brother, Mao). He gets betrayed, beaten, causes damage that constantly comes back to haunt him, was revealed that everything he worked for was a lie, and in the end will go down in history as a hated tyrant.

On the flipside Reinhard loses Kircheis which is sad, but other than that only really gets setback when he fights the greater stu of Wenli (and even then the result usually benefits Reinhard and makes Wenli weaker). and the only thing that comes back to haunt the guy is the planet nuking event (for like 5 seconds then he fucks Hildegard and gets over it).
>>
>>138629203
>I don't see any reason to put one above the other.
The reason might be that logh is infinitely better?
>>
>>138629624
I don't think you understand what a character being a gary stu means, a character being successful doesn't make them a stu.

And reinhard definitely isn't one, not unless you count the real life people his character partly represents (like alexander the great) to also be stu just because they were successful with very few setbacks.
>>
File: 2523[1].jpg (45 KB, 616x347) Image search: [Google]
2523[1].jpg
45 KB, 616x347
>>138628989
>Char clone vs Char clone
There is only one true answer.
>>
>>138629624
Reinhard fucks up plenty of times though
And the FPA was already basically falling apart with or without Reinhard, Yang can't stop that shit on his own so he just decided to piss on the Empire's parade instead because Viva Democracy.
>>
>>138630439
Lelouch is more of a Kira clone
>>
>>138628989
Both of them are good.

LOGH is more serious and political, less anime.

Geass is more whimsical and over-the-top, more anime.
>>
>>138629142
>implying that she is a toothpick.
I hope you die a painful death, anon.
>>
>>138630423
Thing is, Reinhard is admittedly an idealized and romanticized version of Alexander the Great. He has almost none of the flaws that the real man did and the Empire doesn't fall into pieces right after his death either. I wouldn't call him a "gary stu" but his life reads like the author want a perfect version of Alexander (or Napoleon, for that matter) rather than making his hero a more tragic yet more credible figure.
>>
>>138630717
Outside of the poses and a few speech mannerisms, Lelouch is more of a Char than a Kira.
>>
>>138631099
That and the show flat out states that the Empire under Reinhard is an idealized autocracy and the FPA is the worst case scenario for a democracy/republic.
>>
>>138628989
Logh was actually good. Geass was fucking awful.
>>
Both are great.
>>
Code Geass was good, but LoGH was great.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.