[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look at this motherfucker He's worse than any MC in years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: file.png (585 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
585 KB, 1366x768
Look at this motherfucker

He's worse than any MC in years. You all bitched about Kirito the Beater, yet Bell Cranel is more of a Gary Sue than Kirito could ever wish for.

First lets look at the special ability Bell just happens to develop. It's basically akin to Level Up Stats+++ and EXP 1000%. He is increasing his stats at a ridiculous rate as long as his heart is into it, which fortunately for a shounen hero is not in short supply.

He later gets a skill whose basic function "If you are in a bad situation, this skill will instakill anything". It's even a fucking laser beam. Are you fucking kidding me!?

He is also given a (presumably equivalent) lvl 99 weapon by his patron goddess, a legendary Dagger forged by the god of Smith herself, priceless and one of a kind. Paying for such a weapon would be impossible for Bell. The dagger is even more ridiculous because it becomes augmented with power the higher Bell's stats get, which with his special ability results in ridiculous power. He also happens upon what appears to be a great set of armor in a cheap junk pile at the Hephaestus store.

Then he just happens to be given an ancient very expensive grimoire that teaches him a quick to use magic spell.

Bell has also amassed more waifus than Kiritio ever could. Everyone wants his dick.
>>
No one watched this for Bell, the story, or the mechanics of his world.
>>
>>138617011
>lvl 99 weapon
nah, the weapon level scaled with his stats. kinda like swordian (I guess) from tales of destiny.
he still need more attack power (and range) every now and then, hence why he use other type of weapon too.
just wanted to point this out.
he's still a hack though.
>>
>>138617011
- All it does is give him an EXP boost. What he is doing is grind like a mofo. And he has yet to reach even the toes of frigidwomanwhatsherface.

- His weapon is basically ultima weapon. It has no special abilities beyond being able to level up with its owner. Period.

- Freiya gave it to him. Because we all know that Syr Flova is her.

- Arguably incorrect. Only 3 want him, the rest are merely interested in him and his growth.
>>
Bell is cute, I want to lick his anus.
>>
>>138617238
Moral degenerate detected.
>>
>>138617011
Danmachi girls > SAO girls

that's pretty much all there is to it, though his dad was pretty cool

ROMANCE
>>
>>138617011

On my last birthday everyone in my family was ignoring me so I decided to gift myself something nice. My plan was to buy a few liters of beer, chinese food, and binge some good anime. I ended up not buying beer or chinese because I couldn't leave the house that day, but I downloaded this anime and binged it and it was really really good. This anime made my birthday a 7.5/10 by itself, if only my cat hadn't disappeared forever a week before it would've been 9.5/10. Don't ever talk shit about this anime because it was my birthday self-present.
>>
Can you blame him for being another one of Zeus' fuck ups with the mortal world?
>>
Both are faggots, period.
>>
danmashit gets pass with hipsters because is nowhere near as popular and successful as SAO
>>
>>138617011
>If you are in a bad situation, this skill will instakill anything
Animeonly faggot.
>He is also given a (presumably equivalent) lvl 99 weapon by his patron goddess
Wrong yet again.
>>
>>138617011
Nope. Still not as bad as Kirito, because he has plot armor so thick that it breaks games. That and he has edginess for days. Bell is at least cute.
>>
Chapter 49 WHEN? It's been 6 weeks already.
>>
>>138617011
He's also the grandson of fucking Zeus

Jokes aside, eheƬ's more liked than Kirito because Kirito is the edgy lone beater, whereas Bell is a happy go lucky idiot trying to fuck a kuudere girl.
>>138618734
It's getting localized by Yen Press

"Localized", not "translated", critical difference.
>>
>>138617238
Lick my anus
>>
>>138617011

The book was planted by another goddess and the is literally the grandson of the most powerful god there is
>>
>>138619644
Not literally. Zeus was the leader of the Familia, but Bell was the child of a couple of the devotees. Zeus is not directly related to him.
>>
>>138618734
>flat chested girl on the left.

I've fapped to her so many times, anon.
>>
>>138617131
Wait, so what do they watch this for, the minotaurs?
>>
Honestly I just hate Kirito because his powers make fuckall sense.

Bell's bonus perks and other "lucky occurences" are decently explained.
>>
Shut up Bell is cute as fuck and he's not an edgy gary stu like Kirito.
>>
>>138617011
All MCs are suppose to be special in some way but giving it a name and then calling it a skill just seems like a bad idea. Plot armor will always be a thing but your not supposed to call attention to it.
>>
>>138617738
>only the anime is bad so it's okay
>>
>>138619844
Cute or not is personal preference but
>not an edgy gary stu like Kirito
How was Kirito edgy? Also Bell is a complete gary stu with a power with the specific purpose to make him win every fight. His other hugely overpowered skill isn't even that useful when he can just rely on his other skill to win.
>>
>>138619968
Laughing and trying to be a villain
Dawning on black overcoat
Saying he needs to be alone
Thinking being attacked by a real life is nothing compared to a game

Not even that anon, but got me to respond and awaiting your reply. 3/10
>>
Kirito is shit because muh dual wield. Bell is cute and he is tolerable to watch. SAO is the most retarded garbage anime that normies love, therefore it's already shitter than Danmachi.
>>
>>138620011
I'm not implying he wasn't edgy, I was just curious becuase what you just said didn't really occur to me. It's not the most memorable anime out there.
>>
File: 1428285298764.jpg (742 KB, 1074x1518) Image search: [Google]
1428285298764.jpg
742 KB, 1074x1518
Bell is Zeus' grandson.

he's got a GOD DICK working for him; bitches LOVED getting dicked by Zeus & Poseidon

the real question was how hestia doesn't have a thriving family when she's the bestia.
>>
>>138617011
All that's forgiven because he's not a whiny brooding edgelord like Kirito.
>>
>>138617358
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1457809290775.gif (851 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1457809290775.gif
851 KB, 650x366
>>138617011
Who cares, the show was fun.

If you're looking for anything else in this show or others similar to it then you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>138619968
Nothing wrong with Bell being a gary stu when the girl he's aiming for is stronger than him.
>>
>>138617738
What was different about the anime in regards to this?
>>
>>138620251
He's not even a Stu given that other characters have significantly more broken Unique skills than he does.
>Ais has effectively infinite Mana and ranged attacks that scale with her melee abilities
>Lesbian Elf can cast ANY spell even without it being included in her Status when others are limited to 3 or less
>Ottarl in general

Bell has an EXP multiplier, that's really it. His stats being top tier is because he grinds like he's training Slayer in Runescape. He literally sneaks out at night to grind more.
>>
File: Needless_blade.jpg (161 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
Needless_blade.jpg
161 KB, 704x400
>>138617011

I don't even care about his abilities. There are plenty of characters in fiction with way more impressive skill sets, yet they don't suck anywhere near as much as he does as a character. To make things worse, the supporting cast is even less entertaining than he is.
>>
File: img000011.png (473 KB, 892x1300) Image search: [Google]
img000011.png
473 KB, 892x1300
>>138620348
>To make things worse, the supporting cast is even less entertaining than he is.

Nah, it's just they got no focus in the anime. Sword of Oratoria is getting adapted though so that's being remedied.
>>
>>138619844
No, he's a pussy beta Gary Stu, even better right?
>>
>>138620392
I'll take that over edge lord Gary stu
>>
>>138620443
I'll take not a Gary Stu and not watch these shitty LN adaptations
>>
>>138620466
Then why are you even here? Go away then
>>
>>138620551
>Thing is bad
>Someone says it is bad
>Wahh go away then

Because I bemoan the state of this once great industry
>>
>>138617011
Hello Fireden.
>>
>>138617738
And here you see your typical autist, priding himself in reading objectively bad literature.
>>
File: 1445636247686.gif (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
1445636247686.gif
3 MB, 427x240
>>138617011
He has EXP boost, that's it. He grinds every fucking day. He'll still get his ass handed to him by level 2+ adventurers with just as much broken skills as he has, whereas Kirito gets a exclusive skill that lets him dual wield, and his stats are so fucking high he can deflect and dodged bullets IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME.
>He later gets a skill whose basic function "If you are in a bad situation, this skill will instakill anything".
I'll give you that one, however it's not as strong as the anime made it out to be; he can still get rekt if he's not careful; Kirito is top hacker and knows how to drive in the future, for some reason that's noteworthy; his "Skillset" garners the attention of the government at the age of 16.
>He is also given a (presumably equivalent) lvl 99 weapon by his patron goddess.
Talking out your ass; the weapon is just as strong as you grind it to be; it's like you've never used Ultima weapon or Fell Arms.
>Paying for such a weapon would be impossible for Bell.
Which is why his Goddess took the burden of working for what will be centuries to come just to afford it, it's a nice piece of character development on her part.
>The dagger is even more ridiculous because it becomes augmented with power the higher Bell's stats get, which with his special ability results in ridiculous power.
Talking out of your ass again.
>He also happens upon what appears to be a great set of armor in a cheap junk pile at the Hephaestus store.
Not that great, it pales in comparison with actual top tier Hephaestus armor, it's still rookie gear and cost him quite a bit.
>Then he just happens to be given an ancient very expensive grimoire that teaches him a quick to use magic spell.
>Not realizing he was being groomed by a sex goddess.
>Bell has also amassed more waifus than Kiritio ever could. Everyone wants his dick.
Again, talking out of your ass. Most just show passing fancy or interest in his progress, only, like, three girls actually want him.
>>
>>138620304
His abilities are good but not oneshot good other than on really shitty monsters. The knife itself levels up with him but he often uses other weapons since they're better.
There are far better heroes than him in the story, he's completely underpowered compared to others. He simply happens to be Zeus's grandson and will overcome shit like Hercules.
>>
>>138619825

Vanilla Aiz Cream.

Thankfully, the producers realize that, and Sword Oratoria is getting an anime adaptation.
>>
>>138620994
Forgot to mention that the skill will also weaken him extremely much.
>>
>>138620997
Aizerker is going to be fun.
>>
Bell is cute as fuck.
I'd adopt him.
Also he's surrounded by much, much stronger adventurers.
>>
>>138620791
It was never great
Fuck off
>>
>>138621083
It was better than shit
>>
File: 1399884154274.jpg (60 KB, 521x593) Image search: [Google]
1399884154274.jpg
60 KB, 521x593
Onii-sama is Gary Stu done right.
>>
>>138621096

No you're just remembering the three or four shows that get released per year that are actually good, and not the 30-100 shows that come out every year that are totally forgettable.
>>
Did anyone really watch or read this for
>character development
>story
>world building
or was it all Hestia?
>>
File: oniisama.png (228 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
oniisama.png
228 KB, 600x337
>>138621099
This is true, because he is an alpha who Jap kids can aspire to, instead of a beta that Jap kids can project onto.
>>
>>138621233
I watched it for Bell's character development.
That Minotaur fight was GOAT
>>
Will Sword Oratoria anime reach Aiz vs Ottarl fight? I just want to see that. Can anyone answer my question?
>>
>>138621603
That really depends. I get the feeling it might end just after she reaches level 6 by defeating the skeleton boss.
>>
>>138621603
no
>>138621657
yes
>>
>>138619768
Riiiiiiight.
>>
>>138617011
He's the grandson of motherfucking Zeus you thick shit, of course he's going to be superior in every way once he gets magic boosts. He's got more manly god-blood in his little finger than King Leonidas has in his 8 inch (flacid) dick. He's so driven by his god-blood that he makes his uncle Heracles say "Damn kid, take a break some time."
>>
>>138621099
>>138621338
Who? What?
>>
>>138620386
>Sword Oratoria is getting adapted
Is it? Do you have sauce for that?
I honestly hope you're right because I want to see that badass halfling with the spear(Finn I think) get some animated fights.
>>
>>138623728
http://myanimelist.net/news/45055513
>>
>>138623728
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-06/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-sword-oratoria-spinoff-novels-get-tv-anime/.99473

I'm also looking forward to Finn getting some screentime. I really like his design for some reason, the way he dresses and fights really works with the long spear. He just needs a big floppy hat.
>>
>>138620204
Bakatora was a better MC, at least he wasn't super special, until it mattered and by then he lost his waifu.
>>
>>138621338
Nicely worded.
>>
File: Onii-sama.jpg (182 KB, 502x512) Image search: [Google]
Onii-sama.jpg
182 KB, 502x512
>>138623646
>Doesn't know who Onii-sama is
Blasphemy.
>>
>>138619927
If it's only in the anime it doesn't count

otherwise you have to accept that the LN is always better than its adaption.
>>
File: Riveria_Ljos_Alf_Anime_3.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Riveria_Ljos_Alf_Anime_3.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>138619825
i watched it mostly for the high tier elves

especially Riveria
>>
>>138620443
kirito isn't an edgelord you homo. guts is an actual edgy gary stu
>>
>>138621338
>oniisama
>alpha

pick one
>>
File: Yuki65.jpg (32 KB, 457x396) Image search: [Google]
Yuki65.jpg
32 KB, 457x396
>>138617011
>He's worse than any MC in years
Mai waifu's source material husbando begs to differ.
>>
>>138627416
Alpha is the highest class we can offer him. If there was something beyond alpha, that's what onii-sama would be.
>>
>>138620062
Zeus often.

Poseidon rarely. Poseidon was a fatalpulse tier rape machine. Literally raped Medusa to the point where she was okay with being a freaky snake-headed hobo if it would give her the power to turn men to stone (it's only a curse in the Roman version of the story, because Romans didn't want sympathetic females in their Greek hand-me-downs. Because they were mega gay and hated the fact that they had to put their dicks in women occasionally).
>>
>>138628796
>fatalpulse tier rape machine
It is really disgusting that I catched the reference.
>>
>>138617011
> God blood
> God sword
> God stats
> God trump card
> God goddess
> Magic harem
Consensus: 375% Gary Stu.
>>
Yeah, you're right OP. The show is really fun. I agree.
>>
>>138617011
There's a reason everyone sensible dropped that shit pile beyond the disgustingly generic direction.
I couldn't even make it past episode 1.
>>
DED MEME
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.