[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Why?
>>
>>138604981
Why not?
>>
Because loli
>>
>>138604981
Because it was a criticism of the infamous beach episodes that ruin every series.
As a proof, all the characters are dressed casually and not in fucking bikini, and the only sexual reference we see comes from a fucking marine animal.
>>
>>138605605
>criticism of the infamous beach episodes that ruin every series.
>implying a bit of fanservice ruins a series.
>critising a "bad" trope by adding in parts of "bad" trope does not make it criticism
>>
BIG
>>
>>138604981
It was a joke, i think.
>>
>>138605860
BLACK
>>
>>138605860
>>138605993
Fail
>>
>>138605831
>implying a bit of fanservice ruins a series
Beach episodes are absolutely infamous and have become a trope of bad taste and laziness. Anyone who knows his anime knows that beach episodes are for 90% of them completely unrelated to the plot of the series and just thrown in to pander to the average virgin otaku to make them have fantasies about the female characters. It's easy to make ("lol just have the characters fool around at the beach"), uninventive, there's no storytelling, and the only goal is selling more merch.

Beach episodes are shit.
>>
>>138606098
Yeah, i wasnt disagreeing the fact that beach episodes are shit, I agree with you. However, can you honestly say one beach episode really ruins a series?
>>
>>138605938

What's the joke?

This is just so out of place from the entire series
>>
File: 1404653959234.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1404653959234.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>foreigners don't get old Japanese jokes

you don't say
>>
>>138606098
You need to stop projecting.
>>
File: renchon-1437392550714.gif (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
renchon-1437392550714.gif
206 KB, 500x281
>>138604981
DELETE THIS
>>
they have barkamon volumes 2-9 at my bookstore but not volume 1
kinda sucks
>>
>>138604981
Why i'm suddenly without pants.
>>
>>138606378
Why does every single American believe that their culture is the only one that exists in the world?
>>
>>138604981

BECAUSE JAPAN

THERES NOTHING THEY WONT SEXUALIZE
>>
>>138605375
paedo
>>
>>138605605
Thank you, at least someone gets it.
>>
>>138606268
They blur it because those are its intestines. They jokingly blur out the blood in an earlier episodes in the same fashion. It's meant to be funny because they're grossing out a kid, not because it looks lewd.
>>
>>138604981
It was really not that big of a deal. The joke that is, the sea cucumber looks above average. Lasted a couple of seconds and wasn't heavy handed.
>>
They live in the Goto islands where there is not much to do but go to the beach; much like Hawaii, everyone can swim. Of course people have real beach gear like masks and snorkels. Since it's remote and not everything has been crapped on, there is sea life like sea cucumbers.

This is way different from urban Japan. Most Japanese people rarely visit natural beaches, which tend to be fucked up by concrete. They go to constructed swimming beaches that don't have the same natural life.

Incidentally, sea cucumbers are pretty phallic and they spit white stringy stuff so it's pretty hard to avoid the comparison...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.