[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Fairy Tail is so hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: aquarius.jpg (22 KB, 236x371) Image search: [Google]
aquarius.jpg
22 KB, 236x371
Hi all guys
I started reading Fairy Tail 3 days ago and I find it so much better than general opinion on it.
I expected the worse Shonen ever, I found an amusing one and not without plot as I ever was told.

What do you think about it?
>>
>>138603954
Picked up 3 volumes at a book shop cos I was curious.
Haven't even got around to reading the 3rd.
There's nothing really special about it.
>>
have you reaching Edolas arc yet?
pre-FT were decent until Edolas arc where the great FT Fall began
>>
>>138603954
I actually though the same.
Then I caught up with the then current arc (magic tournament)
I instantly started to find it boring.
I think I'll drop it for a while and then binge read it, since it seems this way is far more enjoyable
>>
It gets really fucking shit. And the anime has some of the worst filler imaginable.
>>
>>138603954
I'll be honest: it's the battle shonen I am still able to enjoy without getting bored after a couple chapters, because it's not meant to be taken seriously, unlike Bleach, Naruto and (a good portion of) One Piece. I read it for the mindless action, power-ups and fanservice, without pretending the plot is that much of a big deal.
I also like to read serious and more "compelling" manga (as compelling as a manga can be, that is), but if there isn't much substance to begin with, I prefer it when it's not covered with "deep themes" and shit.
>>
>>138604092
> nothing really special
I'm an italianfag and I NEVER heard or red something good about it, it's always used from otakus and websites as the comparison of how a manga shouldn't be.
Never heard once someone saying something nice about it, maybe it's nothing special but I was expecting a lot worse honestly, I red a lot of mangas worse than it having some fan.

>>138604116
Yeah, just finished. Now they're going on an Island for the class-S exam

>>138604202
I have to reach that point, I'll see
>>
>>138604509
>italianfag
No doubt about it, they're all too busy jerking off to the latest Luffy's power-up thinking it's the epitome of manga.
When I read cancer, I want it raw, not filled with embellishments.
>>
>>138603954

less words, more fanservice
>>
>>138604872
*fewer
>>
>>138603954
Dropped it in the middle of edolas arc
>>
>>138603954

It's a little bit stupid manga.
But still better than one-man punch shit for sure
>>
>>138603954
There are two kinds of battle shonen

>Ones that start interesting/good then become painfully retarded and generic

>ones that seem to be generic and go on to be amazing

fairy tail manages to start generic and get more an more generic with time.
>>
>>138603954

A shonen that doesn't need any hentai, 'cause it's a softcore itself.
Never understood why it's so hated
>>
>>138603954
was ok, till the overused nakama bullshit came along. you cant just reused this over and over again
>>
It's generic and full of plagiarism.

That being said the girls are fucking delicious
>>
I LOVE IT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.