[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has he made anything good since EoE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: tumblr_niuwrgFp1V1sfyp69o1_500.png (318 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niuwrgFp1V1sfyp69o1_500.png
318 KB, 500x350
Has he made anything good since EoE?
>>
nope
george lucas of anime
>>
- Karekano
- Love & Pop
- Shiki-Jitsu
- Cutie Honey
- The Giant God Warrior Appears at Tokyo
>>
>>138582834
all trash
>>
>>138582779
I still don't understand why he's wasting his time milking Evangelion.
>>
Anyone here bought his wife's manga? I haven't read it yet but I just glanced through, seems pretty fun.
>>
>>138582889
For you

>>138582899
Anno is using Eva for climbing the corporative ladder. Let's put it this way, Anno wouldn't made the upcoming Godzilla movie if he didn't make Rebuild.
>>
>>138582834
>KareKano
Not good
>love & pop
Laughably bad.
>shiki-jutsu
Same as above
>cutie-honey
Anno didn't make cutie honey (or kare kano for that matter), he directed an adaptation.

>The Giant God Warrior Appears at Tokyo
Pretty bad actually, considering the budget.

>>138583037
>Anno is using Eva for climbing the corporative ladder. Let's put it this way, Anno wouldn't made the upcoming Godzilla movie if he didn't make Rebuild.

I believe this is just nonsense. Got any proof, evidence of that? Any argumentation? No, not really.

Anno has no issues getting work and there is no "corporate ladder" for him to climb whatsoever, given that he is his own corporation. He's certainly not going to work for Toho.

"Godzilla" has been low-standard campy action fare for decades, you don't need to climb any ladders to direct one, rather you have to deign yourself. It has ceased to be the work of "real" directors.
>>
>>138582817
>george lucas of anime
That's a good way of putting it
>>
>>138584871
Sort of, but it's really unfair to George Lucas, because George Lucas has done so much good for cinema while Anno has done literally nothing for anime.

Rather Anno is part of the "old guard" who underpays his workers while running off with the profit himself. You know, while Lucas was giving million dollar bonuses to _regular staff members_ to celebrate their success.
>>
>>138582779
Eoe wasnt good, so no, not even then
>>
>>138582899
Anno is just having fun with his baby series. At least for now, he knows he can do whatever he wants and the cash won't stop flowing.
>>
>>138584775
>comments are so general that he might as well not have watched any of it
Classic /a/.

>any argumentation
>>
>>138585853
More argumentation than >>138582834

The matter is settled, you may now piss off with your tail inbetween your legs.
>>
>>138582779
>implying EoE was good
>>
>>138585055
the old guard that underpays animators is what is killing Anime?
I dont think Anno si doing that tought, in one interview he complains about that specific matter of animators not gaining enough money.

I think you folks are just being angry assholes "like the typical pre-quel haters" Rebuilds are fun for what they are and are interesting reconstructions "NOT REMAKES" and possible sequels.
I mean, what the fuck was wrong with doing them?
They are not terribly bad - the cgi on it is cringeworthy tought.

I mean what have you done for us Anon? have you given me entertainment?
At least he didnt sell his baby to a corporate milker.
>>
Nadia The Secret Blue Water is a neat Adventure Anime (like many at the time)
Evangelion, puts the conventions on it's head and is a cult hit.

This is nothing compared to George Lucas.

A more apt comparision to George Lucas, is Leiji Matsumoto
>>
>>138586902
>I dont think Anno si doing that tought, in one interview he complains about that specific matter of animators not gaining enough money.
He did bring it up, and so does every other single director. But they still don't pay them. You can sort of "feel" for the other directors who can't pay in full since they're owned by outside interest, but the same can't be said for Anno who has no outside interests.

>I think you folks are just being angry assholes
We're not. We seem like angry assholes to you because you're enthusiastic about a colorful cartoon you like and probably even get off to. The bitter sting of reality ruins your ideal world of Evangelion where it's the perfect intellectual anime it's "OK" to like because it's deep.

It's not really our fault that reality isn't like what you think it is. If talking about Evangelion and Anno in a non-biased way hurts you, maybe it's time for you to grow up and adapt to reality rather than adapting reality to yourself.

>At least he didnt sell his baby to a corporate milker.
No, he just defaced it and milked it himself. I think a corporate milker would be better for Evangelion than Anno has been.

The Rebuilds are horrid and they became truly horrid post 3.0.
>>
File: critical error.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
critical error.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Reminder that Anno is literally and exactly the same kind of hack as Lucas
>>
>>138587266
Anno is much, much worse.
>>
3+1 when?
>>
File: 1372364734643.png (185 KB, 411x414) Image search: [Google]
1372364734643.png
185 KB, 411x414
>>138582779
>Has he made anything good since EoE?
>Has he made anything good?
>>
>>138587142
>This is nothing compared to George Lucas.
>A more apt comparision to George Lucas, is Leiji Matsumoto
The Lucas comparisons have more to do with "wildly acclaimed work -> "selling out" by rehashing it"
>>
>>138582779
>Has he made anything good since EoE?
1.0 and 2.0
>>
>>138587457
>>
Godzilla delayed the last Rebuild. I'm mad.
>>
>>138587783
It didn't. Once 3.33 was out, Anno was satisfied since it contains more or less the "new" view of Eva he wants. There's no real story to Rebuild and 3.33, only a presentation of how he wants Evangelion to be seen and consumed.

That's why, you know, it skipped the story and characterization parts.

If there was no Godzilla, the fourth movie would be just as far away as it is today because a fourth movie is strictly speaking, not necessary.
>>
>>138587418
never
>>
>>138587202
>It's not really our fault that reality isn't like what you think it is.
Are you certian anon? Please dont act pretentious and pedantic about me.
If you dont like it then sucks for you dude, when I watched rebuild I didnt expect a new EOE but a reconstruction from a less depressed Anno. So tell me Anon why did you watched Eva? was it because it was super deep and shit? Surely this cant be as rich as the series because movies have fucking limited time.

So tell me why are they horrid Anon?
>>
>>138587927
>only a presentation of how he wants Evangelion to be seen and consumed.
>That's why, you know, it skipped the story and characterization parts.
so how does he want it to be consumed anon?
>>
>>138588660
>Are you certian anon? Please dont act pretentious and pedantic about me.
I will when you do. How about you avoid calling others assholes, getting angry about them discussing Evangelion for what it is? I don't think this post: >>138585055
warrants the amount of butthurt you're showing.

A good starting point is for you to discuss rather than attack people that say things that are uncomfortable to you.
>>
>>138588746
It's right there in the same sentence: the way it's presented.
>>
>>138585055
>George Lucas has done so much good for cinema
But Star Wars had 0 influence on cinema, and neither had George Lucas. Meanwhile Evangelion is the only "mainstream" mecha anime (for the West) with serious themes
>>
>>138588969
0/10
>>
>>138588999
If you're thinking "influence on cinema" means "made a famous movie", it doesn't.
>>
>>138588969

Mazinger and Grendizer are more mainstream than Eva.
>>
>>138589084
-10/10

Why do you even pretend that you know any thing at all?
>>
>>138588969
>Star Wars had 0 influence on cinema
Even if we forego that this was about George Lucas and not the Star Wars movies (or franchise, whichever you meant), are you seriously fucking high?

From the techniques developed to create the various Star Wars effects (both for the original release and the numerous re-releases) to the way things were cut together, there's no comparison between NGE and Star Wars that's even remotely fair, because Star Wars is just that much larger a presence than for what NGE is to anime.

Evangelion is awesome and my favorite anime, but you are absolute fucking cancer. Get educated and get the fuck out.
>>
>>138585853
It's like these "name your favorite series and I'll tell you why it's shit" threads.
>>
>>138589084
You should be saying that for NGE. The impact of Star Wars redefined cinema from the ground up, while all NGE did was to make tonnes of money.
>>
File: The-Influence-of-Star-Wars-EN.jpg (2 MB, 3229x1853) Image search: [Google]
The-Influence-of-Star-Wars-EN.jpg
2 MB, 3229x1853
>>138588969
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>138588899
then I ask you again, HOW is it presented for you to think such thing?
>>138588846
I am not angry about folks discussing it, actually I am upset at people going - nope it's shit, nope you just like flashy wanabe 2d4u stuff - rather than explaining why this and that.
>>
>>138589228
>to the way things were cut together
Are we talking cinematic cuts? I'm pretty much sure I only ever saw those side-scrolling cuts in one other movie

>and the numerous re-releases
lol

>>138589300
Redefined in what way?

>>138589358
I'm not going to review in detail a retarded chart whihc uses "badass" and thinks that Star Wars created the archetype of the rogue and handsome hero
>>
>>138589537
Then just get the fuck out nerd.
>>
>>138589493
Yeah you're fucking butthurt about it.

This: >>138585055
doesn't even mention Rebuild, it just talks about Anno and comparing him with George. You have fucking problems.

Then why should people take you seriously when you refuse to give them a good counter argument, or even argue for your own position? Anon, you're starting to piss me off.
>>
>>138589358
I don"t say this lightly but this is one of the most autistic things I've ever seen
>>
>>138589108
Yes, but they're seen as kiddy shit
>>
>>138589493
>then I ask you again, HOW is it presented for you to think such thing?
It's not for "me" or even for "you". It is as-is.

But as for what makes me consider it like this, which is a different topic, take for instance the demolished characters and storylines, and the overt focus on presentation rather than what's behind the presentation. Because they don't have any development for any given element in the Rebuilds, but rather choose to present the element as "finished product", logic and reason then dictates that the focus is indeed on the presentation rather than the development and substance behind it.
>>
>>138589736
So is Star Wars
>>
>>138588969
gundam had a much bigger impact
>>
>>138589882
Yes, that's my point. in comparison, Evangelion is seen as serious (by those who watched it)
>>
>>138589537
>I don't want to do some basic research on Evangelion or Star wars to participate on the topic, I just wanna say NGE is THE BESTESTS EVAR xD

Are you twelve or something? Act the age limit for this board please, or better if you can. There were cameras, software and more developed during and after Star Wars by the same company/people using the franchise as a carrier.

Before, people cut together film linearly and it was a painstaking process. With the innovations from ILM you could now edit them in the way you take for granted today, non-linearly like windows movie maker or any cell phone "editing" app.

>>138589718
That is a light use of the term autistic, so you're full of shit.
>>
>>138589955
So is Star Wars (by those who watched it)
>>
File: 1335419217318.jpg (434 KB, 678x756) Image search: [Google]
1335419217318.jpg
434 KB, 678x756
>>138589955
>Evangelion is seen as serious
>>
>>138589957
I never even stated I liked Evangelion. Questions of influence have nothing to do with the actual merits of the work.
Yeah I guess on the technical aspect Star Wars at least permitted the creation of ILM. But I entirely reject Lucas's talent as a director as a cause of ILM's success

>>138590097
'serious' as in 'not kiddy shit'
>>138590011
If there's no age to appreciate a certain movie it's kiddy shit
>>
>>138585055
Literally all George did for SW was come up with it, the first 3 movies were somebody else fixing his mistakes. Hence why the prequels were such shit.
>>
>>138590224
>Yeah I guess on the technical aspect Star Wars at least permitted the creation of ILM. But I entirely reject Lucas's talent as a director as a cause of ILM's success
Then you're simply being irrational, and you've already showed enough ignorance to make it clear you had no idea who made those things possible or even created the need for them in-studio.

What does Evangelion have? Pachinko gambling machines?

I like Evangelion more than I like Star Wars. But let me tell you one thing, to deny that George Lucas isn't an influential figure that far eclipses Evangelion is completely retarded.
>>
>>138582779
Reminder that pic related is the single most influential mecha franchise ever made and Gainax owes its existence to it.
>>
>>138589802
Yes I understand this, they present it to you as if you where expected to know it from the previous tv series. For me the only way to sort of salvage that would be if it where connected to the original tv series tought.
Development in rebuilds are very limited due to the time constraints altought I do think it would had worked better if they cut out silly filler stuff, maybe even Mari.

I think that trying to do that stuff in 4 movies that followed the series was already hard as it is.
I do like them for what they are tought, and I like to think they are sequels who's characters have been rebuilt from their actual previous series. For me at least would give a sort of validation altought they seriously need to show Asuka's backstory in the next movie.
>>
File: 1457202776905.gif (506 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1457202776905.gif
506 KB, 245x230
>>138589692
>Yeah you're fucking butthurt about it.
sure anon
>>
>>138590976
>casually talk directors
>some rebuildsperg bustst in ranting about OMG U HAETE REBUILT
>not butthurt

I want /r/evangelion to leave.
>>
>>138590914
>Yes I understand this, they present it to you as if you where expected to know it from the previous tv series.

Which is wrong, because Rebuild and TV-series contradict each other. They don't fit, and they don't match.
There is no problem with time in Rebuild. They explicitly chose to NOT develop, to NOT use the time they have available. The last one discards built up development and is actually shorter than the previous two movies.

Basically you're making a lot of excuses for Rebuild which don't work, resulting in the fact that your theories are all defunct and invalid.

So you only say you "like them for what they are" because you don't actually know what they are.
>>
>>138589358

>Star Wars invented strong female characters and special snowflake MCs
>>
>>138589358
>Strong Female Badass
>people actually think of Leia like that
The EU represented her character as it actually was, a whinny force sensitive bureaucrat
>>
>>138591274
>>138591330
It deals with influences within cinema, quite obviously, and does not claim originality. Which is why "the pastiche film genre" is also mentioned.

also
>EU
lol

but the biggest laff of them all is

>some other story that isn't the story in question represented her more accurately!
TOP LOL
>>
File: QUhma.jpg (668 KB, 1534x3240) Image search: [Google]
QUhma.jpg
668 KB, 1534x3240
>>138591142
So why are they not compatible?

Yeah the last one was kind of a dissapointment really, and I am not excusing their lack of development among characters. But Like I said before they made these ones thinking or supposing that the people already knew how they where or their basic stories.
Then again I am an optimistic person, being a pesimistic doesnt lead you anywhere.

I dont know what they are? Didnt I just said they where rebuild versions from a less depressed Anno? Which is really what they are Anon.

>>138591038
Cry my a fucking river anon.
>>
>>138589537
>rogue
Space cowboy, nerd.

>Not going to review in detail a retarded chart which uses "badass"
fucking weak, review it anyway! If you think it's that retarded, tell us why. "It uses the word badass so it's bad" is an argument that tells us more about you than the article in question.
>>
>>138589358
This is the dumbest infographic I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>138588969
>Star Wars had 0 influence on cinema

holy SHIT /a/ is fucking dumb
>>
>>138582779
What was his name again
>>
>>138591456
>So why are they not compatible?
Because one says A, the other says B.

You're not being optimistic, you're being dumb. Just admit you want anime girl fanservice and nothing more.
>>
>>138591698
Then don't come here?
>>
File: 1405473246715.gif (370 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
1405473246715.gif
370 KB, 300x302
>>138589358
>Star Wars invented robots, special effects, human augmentation, Gary Stus, and having things in groups of three
>>
>>138591398
>>138591398
>>138589537
Fuck off to whatever forum you came from.
>>
>>138585055
>Anno has done literally nothing for anime.
Pretty sure Eva made anime more popular in general
>>
>>138582817
This is very apt.
I love the early work of both, but their later stuff is absolute garbage, and makes you wonder if they really were responsible for their previous successes.
>>
>>138591569
That guy, as well as >>138591616
and the rest of the idiots literally have no clue besides shouting for their "team", which is team weeb.

They know no history, no nothing.
>>
>>138592270
It's more or less absent from the Japanese Academy SF/Mecha study as far as influence goes. We have fat teenagers and losers sitting in the US knowing nothing about japanese anime history thinking NGE did everything first, and that anime didn't exist prior to it.
>>
>>138592013
I was here first
>>
>>138592455
The first guy wasn't even talking about influence on series' content, he was talking about the industry, and the other guy responded by pointing out NGE helped the industry boom and shaped the late-night market.

And I don't know shit about what the nip academy studies, but saying NGE had no influence is silly. Look at the mecha series that came out in the years after it, and you can clearly see the influence. Not to mention Rei clones and Instrumentality infiltrating various other series.
>>
>>138582963
>Anyone here bought his wife's manga? I haven't read it yet but I just glanced through, seems pretty fun.
I like some of her other stuff but thought the one about her and anno was boring.
>>
>>138592649
>y, and the other guy responded by pointing out NGE helped the industry boom and shaped the late-night market.
Oh did he? Because those arguments were _literally_ first mentioned by (You) in this thread.

Fuck off.
>>
>>138592029
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Star_Wars

literally an entire wiki page just on this subject
>>
>>138585055
>Anno has done literally nothing for anime.
wew lad
>>
>>138592727
>_literally_
You're the one who needs to fuck off.
>>
>>138592727
Yeah, he did. That's how it "made anime more popular in general".
>>
ITT: some painfully obvious crossboarder gets mad because "weebs" don't care about Star Wars as much as his normalfag buddies do
>>
>>138592810
>>138592877
>attacking a single word and underscores
Haha, wow.

>Yeah, he did. That's how it "made anime more popular in general".
That's how "he literally didn't mention it".

Hell, why don't you do the same shit you do for "him" for me, just pretend this entire post is a five-page dissertation about how retarded you are or something.
>>
>>138592928
>I can type like a retard if I want, those stupid /a/nons are just being autistic!
You don't belong here.
>>
>>138592877
>ctrl+f "late-night market"
>1 hit
>industry boom
>1 hit

Even if he did make those arguments, they're not really arguments but just void claims. Then if all your dumb argument is that "it's popular", then you can suck my dick because Star Wars is infinitely more popular than Evangelion will ever be.
>>
>>138592407
Nah, it's just your guys and the infographic painting Star Wars as the inventor of science fiction.
I can agree on the influences of esthetic, but it seems that the author of >>138589358 has never read a sci-fi book in his whole life.
>>
>>138593007
There are two hits for each of those because he got quoted, you fucked up.
>>
>>138592997
>doesn't have an argument
>BUT UNDERSCORES
Take your pills, autismo.
>>
>>138593060
Don't type like a kid if you want people to talk with you seriously, that's all I'm going to say.
>>
>>138593043
It's not those guys. It's You. Yes, YOU.

That infographic doesn't paint Star Wars as inventors, otherwise it wouldn't literally include the fact that it's a pastiche, and if you know what a pastiche was, you might not have made an ass out of yourself right now.

The problem here is that you're unintelligent. Not smart. That alone isn't that bad, but couple that with retarded Evangelion fanboyism, and we've got a serious problem. You are a poster that drags down board quality with every post you make, because you just can't communicate like a normal fucking person without trying to stroke the ego of your favorite genre on an ANONYMOUS IMAGEBOARD.
>>
>>138592754
Hm, Star Wars had it's inpact on Anime too.

Like for Space Battleship Yamato, it gave it extra popularity.
>>
>>138593150
>>138592407
>>138592455
>>138591398
Where do people like this even come from? Is this your first day on /a/ or something?
>>
>>138593094
>using underscores is typing like a kid
Thank god you're a fat neckbeard who won't procreate. I mean, beneath that all of that lard you have, isn't there a single brain cell triggering the notion that you've shat the bed when you complain about an underscore in a piece of text, and not the contents?

Why, doesn't that strike you as childish?
>>
Has he made anything good?
>>
>>138593214
/a/ actually. Since 2004. Get off my lawn.

It's a really, really sad day that /a/ has sunk so low that it's offended by the word "weeb", a group of people it used to despise.
>>
>>138593214
They came here because they heard /a/ was weebs who jacked off to cartoons and they thought it'd be hilarious to go insult them and watch them all cry because an anonymous stranger called them names.
>>
File: tumblr_n0t9cvKV9H1r6kavgo1_500.png (790 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0t9cvKV9H1r6kavgo1_500.png
790 KB, 500x640
>>138591880
What a shallow and short minded cunt you turned out to be.
I dont watch this shit for the fangirl service and the fact that you automatically classify me as one proves that you are just biased.
fuck. Either that or just mad.
Ever heard of a spiritual succesor/sequel?

Being optimistic opens a path to oportunities, being a dumb is what you are doing, closing yourself into your own ABSOLUTE statement while demigrating everything else.
Henceforth my initial statement of everyone being assholes and such still stands.
>>
>>138593313
See >>138593270

The only problem here is that /a/ is actually crying. So fucking sad.
>>
>>138593270
Yeah, sure, you and every other low-tier shitposter.
>>
Both, Lucas and Anno, are shit
>>
>>138593345
You watch it for the service because you've failed to provide any reason whatsoever to the opposite.
It's not me who's shallow, it's you, and you've been exposed.

If you weren't shallow, but instead you were trying to find depth and substance in this remake, you'd have elaborated on those parts, but so far it's all "I'm optimistic" or "I want asuka fanservice".
You're only optimistic (read: in anticipation of fanservice) because 3.33 through it's presentation gives you shallow fanservice.

It's not bias, it's just what you've made yourself out to be. You can pretend otherwise by saying you're being "optimistic", but when all you're optimistic and trying to get out of the final experience is some more fanservice, well then it's settled: you're shallow and dumb.

Because really:

Had you had any other reason, you'd have mentioned it. But you don't. Not even a single one. The matter is settled, protest if you want but it's settled.
>>
>>138582779
Everything if you exclude Q.
>>
>>138593648
1.11 and 2.22 are accomplices to Q though.

1.11 and 2.22 alone are innocent and could probably develop into something good, but they kept bad company with Q and it's off to the junk yard with them.
>>
You're stupid if you think Anno didn't have a monumental influence on anime and you're equally stupid if you think Lucas doesn't have more influence
>>
>>138593345
There's hardly anything more shallow and shortsighted than "I'll just be optimistic", if anything it seems you just want more mindless fanservice over something with actual quality in it.

>>138593749
Precisely. Unfortunately we have some retarded evatards triggering over the notion that something is actually more influential than their favorite.
>>
>>138582889
>Trash
This is bait.
>>
>>138589358
That image is satire right?
>>
>>138585055
It's the opposite really. Lucas is an awful director. From the OT films the one he directed is the weakest. THX and American Graffiti weren't anything special in that regard either. He is a ideas man, his biggest contribution is not behind the camera, but with the ILM.

Anno for all his faults is a much better visual story teller.
>>
>>138593995
Your mom is satire.
>>
>>138585853
I like this "give me arguments as to why a series I like is shit and I'll ignore them by trying to make you look as an individual with limited intellect, but failing to do so" posts.
>>
>>138593997
Nothing of what you wrote really is the opposite of the other post. Their contribution to cinema can be tallied, and both of you actually agree that George is responsible for more important and influential creations, either as technical improvements/innovations or popularization of themes in cinema.

The thing is, George is more than just a director, he's a creator. Not an infallible creator, but someone who drives progress and treats coworkers not only right, but phenomenally well. The same can't be said for Anno, who arguably uses his powers for evil. He's become the king of rehashes and adaptations, and he's contributed nothing to the betterment of anime. Rather he seems to be driving it backwards with poor use of new technology, lowering the bars of what is acceptable in anime "cinema".

Anno might be a good director when it comes to putting scenes together, but when it comes to ideas he heavily relies on others as well. Neither Anno or George created their superhit franchises alone, no man could.

Also, it's an exaggeration to call Lucas an awful director.
>>
>>138594281
> Nothing of what you wrote really is the opposite of the other post
I think he was just disputing the claim that comparing the two is unfair to Lucas.
>>
>>138594281
>The same can't be said for Anno, who arguably uses his powers for evil
What the fuck is this retard talking about ?
>>
>>138594330
His argumentation certainly doesn't seem to imply that, citing ILM. It really is unfair to compare the two because George Lucas simply has done so much more for cinema than Anno has ever done in the same area within Japan.

>>138594346
Rehash after rehash. Fanservice with no purpose. Anno.
>>
>>138594281
>The thing is, George is more than just a director, he's a creator. Not an infallible creator, but someone who drives progress and treats coworkers not only right, but phenomenally well. The same can't be said for Anno, who arguably uses his powers for evil. He's become the king of rehashes and adaptations, and he's contributed nothing to the betterment of anime. Rather he seems to be driving it backwards with poor use of new technology, lowering the bars of what is acceptable in anime "cinema".
This reads like some sort of political advert, what the fuck?
>>
>>138594346
The better question is, are you so retarded that you don't get what he's talking about? If George uses his success, his power to innovate and reinvigorate the industry, while Anno just hoards and then does remakes, isn't it obvious?
>>
>>138594475
If he's used his power to innovate and reinvigorate the industry then why is the industry so fucking shit?
>>
Rebuild of Evangelion are some of the crapiest "movies" made.

A bunch of crap man
>>
>>138585055

Anno had a very strong hand in killing OVAs, actually. That's something.
>>
>>138594440
Reads like standard English to me.

It definitely paints George better than it does Anno, but there's nothing wrong with that. Because Anno really hasn't gone those long miles Lucas did to put new technology into the industry. You might not be aware that the bulk of 3D technology, camera setups and model FX was innovated during and after the Star Wars period?

Anno doesn't have anything like that to his name.
>>
>>138594475
How has George revitalized the industry lately? Both made something really good that changed the industry and then both made a shitty rehash that sold a shit zillon copies but no one cares about.
>>
>>138594509
This is many, many decades ago.

>>138594559
It's that terrible though?
>>
>>138594509
Prepare for some response about how Hollywood is actually super creative right now and anime is all pandering shit.
>>
>>138582779
Love and Pop is a decent flick
>>
>>138594475
>while Anno just hoards and then does remakes, isn't it obvious?
The Animator Expo was pretty much the most creative professional initiative in the industry for years, though.
>>
>>138594576
You realize Star Wars is basically 30+ years old right? Why not ask what some dead president or other dead guy has done to revitalize society "lately". I think you really are retarded.

George did more than just make something that changed the industry, he kept on making new technology through various funds and investments after Star Wars, using the capital he earned. Ever heard of Pixar?

In the meantime, Gainax who Anno was part owner of, got caught in a tax scandal where people were sent to jail because they had hid their earnings from the state. There's a rather large gap in between these two people and the way they treated their success.
>>
Why it is that EVERY fucking time there's a thread about Anno we need to have crossboarders shilling about George Lucas?
The OP is about Anno, not Anno Vs Lucas. I get it, SW innovated and shit, but why the fuck it is impossible to have a discussion about Anno's work without having to talk about Lucas?
It's really pathetic.
>>
>>138594833
Because NGE is too popular, so the threads are filled with crossboarders and normalfags.
>>
>>138594756
Entirely untrue. Since the 80's and 90's these compilations of animator-driven works have existed and thrived, at a level of quality which puts the entirety of that the Animator Expo to shame. Animator Expo is not about innovation, it's about commercialization and profit.

I think we should consider instead how degraded things have become. You've effectively traded short, near pointless shorts with stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyRMfdDfc8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07vhsIm29M
>>
>>138594833
>>138594908
We don't have crossboarders shilling about George Lucas.

We have /a/-dwellers in conflict with lesser educated /a/-dwellers, and in their outrage of being humbled by Lucas's repertoire after having made an inappropriate comparison, they blame "crossboarders".
What's pathetic is how hurt a portion of /a/ gets when reality knocks their grand fantasies about the anime director Anno down.
>>
I personally don't like how Anno handles drama, but I really liked Nadia (till the island arc and on). I wish he would have had made more lighthearted series before he resigned himself to NGE.
>>
>>138595032
I don't know that you're trying to prove by bringing up a completely different project from decades ago. Also, only Magnetic Rose is actually good.
>>
>>138594785
>Ever heard of Pixar?
So your idea of reinvigorating the industry is CGI kids' movies.
>>
>>138595032
Literally nothing you just said conflicted with my claim, so I'm not going to bother addressing it.

God, this thread is shit.
>>
>>138595134
Proving that animator-driven projects are not an innovation by Anno. I also urge you to consider whether or not the sub-par quality shorts on Animator Expo interspersed with Evangelion fanservice really is doing any improvements in this field.

The other two are also good, even if I personally prefer Magnetic Rose (I'm weak for sci-fi), but think of it in terms of animation.
>>
>>138595116
Have you read my post?
Does the OP talk about Lucas? No, then why the fuck does every Anno thread need to spiral into a comparison between Anno and Lucas?
It happens every fucking time these days making it impossible to talk about Anno's work at all.
You want to do comparisons? Create your own thread about Anno vs Lucas, preferably on /tv/, so you don't need to clutter other threads.
Is it really so difficult to understand?
>>
>>138595226
I argue that even your regular anime on TV is more creative and throughly crafted than the Animator Expo shorts. Even the recent Ghibli movie, the tale of princess kaguya represents a more interesting twist in creative direction.
>>
>>138595241
I'm not saying he just up and invented this sort of project, but we don't get series of various animators showcasing their stuff very often, and certainly not that many (yes, it was short-form, but it got to use more creators that way).
And if we're talking about animation, then there was some really great stuff there, although those ones were mostly from more established animators.

>>138595361
> even your regular anime on TV is more creative
Definitely not.

> Even the recent Ghibli movie
>Even
Kaguya was incredible, that's not any sort of standard.
>>
File: 1455879412187.png (131 KB, 362x326) Image search: [Google]
1455879412187.png
131 KB, 362x326
>>138594833
They're both talentless hacks who got lucky, did something really good and then took a big smelly turd over it
if you can't see it you're blind, as soon as Anno left Gainax he didn't do anything of worth
>>
>>138595338
Okay, first let me tell you one thing newfag:

Threads rarely end up conforming to discussing what the OP indicates should be discussed. Don't like it, go find yourself a moderated forum with a thirteen-year old on a powertrip. I'm sure he'll keep the hundreds of posters at bay for you.

Secondly, it's absolutely obvious why people pull the George-Anno comparison.

George made Star Wars, it was loved, but didn't produce a followup that impressed as much as the first. In fact, some even loathed it.
Now Anno has gone and done something similar, he made NGE, and now he's made Rebuild 3.33 which is in my opinion at least, something that makes the Star Wars prequels look like masterpieces.

People are going to do this all the damned time because it's how they feel. Anno shat the bed in some seriously bad ways with Rebuild. If someone disagrees or wants to elaborate, that's up to them.
>>
>>138595489
Anno did several very good works, he clearly has talent. He just decided he'd rather do shitty rehashes for money instead of continue to use his talent. But why am I responding to an umaruposter, anyway?
>>
File: 1443120000051.jpg (46 KB, 280x255) Image search: [Google]
1443120000051.jpg
46 KB, 280x255
If you don't think Star wars, jaws and Indiana Jones didn't change cinema forever you are delusional
the same goes to EVA, Lucky Star and Haruhi, you liking it or not
>>
>>138595516
>Threads rarely end up conforming to discussing what the OP indicates should be discussed. Don't like it, go find yourself a moderated forum with a thirteen-year old on a powertrip. I'm sure he'll keep the hundreds of posters at bay for you.
I fucking now that, thanks grandpa.
Is George Lucas related to anime? No, so why are we discussing it here on /a/?
I would enjoy comparisons between Anno and other anime directors because you now, they make the same thing.
Wanna compare Anno with Ikuhara? I'm in.
Wanna talk about Anno's live action vs Lucas? Do it on /tv/.
>>
>>138595478
>I'm not saying he just up and invented this sort of project, but we don't get series of various animators showcasing their stuff very often, and certainly not that many (yes, it was short-form, but it got to use more creators that way).
We get them often enough so that when they are made, there is quality and greatness in the animation, as well as a strong story. With this Animator Expo, all you get is quality traded for quantity.

(plus Hideaki Anno stroking his ego and whoring out EVA in some of the shorts)

Let's be fair, the Animator Shorts don't exactly make big impacts in the animation arena, and the sakuga discussion as centered around TV-anime, movies and OVA's rather than these shorts. Which is understandable, because the animation in these shorts really isn't much to write home about.
>>
>>138595653
Just don't go to Eva threads, anon. You should know by now that they're some of the worst.
>>
File: 11231234125145.webm (238 KB, 952x716) Image search: [Google]
11231234125145.webm
238 KB, 952x716
>>138595544
He did Gunbuster, Nadia and EVA
Those are three, then he left Gainax and did fucking NOTHING of worth
Lucas did the same thing with American Graffiti, Star wars and Indiana Jones (even thought he didn't direct it)
Once they changed the people around them, their work went to fucking shit, the conclusion is, they may be the responsible for the first creative spark, but people around them were the true talented ones
And fuck you i'm short in anime reaction faces
>>
>>138595653
>Is George Lucas related to anime? No, so why are we discussing it here on /a/?
Because someone mentioned it, and it's a fair comparison when considering Anno as a director.

You're just butthurt he doesn't come out to well, and you could have complained far, far earlier but you didn't. Don't like it? Fuck off, take it to /qa/.
>>
>>138595656
>Let's be fair, the Animator Shorts don't exactly make big impacts in the animation arena, and the sakuga discussion as centered around TV-anime, movies and OVA's rather than these shorts. Which is understandable, because the animation in these shorts really isn't much to write home about.
I completely disagree. The standouts (20min, Robot on the Road, Kanon, some others) all had top-tier animation for any format, and suggesting that it's not much to write home about compared to TV fare is especially ridiculous.
>>
>>138595740
You are talking about it like it's something that happens once every full moon.
Instead it's something that happens in every Anno thread with no exception lately, turning all of them into a shitfest.
As I said, it really is pathetic.
>>
I still don't see a movie about deconstruction of Star Wars and other Sci-Fi.

Star Wars is the Vannilla. Evangelion is not that. Gundam and Mazinger is the Vannila.
>>
>>138595773
TV-Anime, OVA's, and Movies mind you. I didn't say "just" TV. Then yes, even TV-anime produces amazing animation now and then, in-between all the rushed shots and what not. Not that he ones you've named are poor, but rather for an organized event dedicated to animation, it's really nothing to write home about.
>>
>>138595830
Maybe you should watch the sci-fi pre star wars, you think it is vanilla because you never watched pre star wars sci-fi and you will see, star wars is the most revolutionary thing in the history of cinema, it's VERY fucking far from vanilla
>>
>>138595824
I only see one thing that's pathetic here, and that's you for actually believing you have any right whatsoever to dictate the direction of a thread, or what comparisons can be made and can't be made. I mean, let's avoid discussing Freud in relation to Evangelion or american/german armor in relation to GuP because "NOT ANIME".

What's your problem? If you want to discuss the real-world situation of Anno as a director, then you had better fucking accept that real world comparisons will be drawn.

You're just butthurt your old gay man waifu Anno didn't compare well to George.
>>
>>138595848
> Not that he ones you've named are poor, but rather for an organized event dedicated to animation, it's really nothing to write home about.
I think we just have to agree to disagree, then, because I thought the only way they could have made their animation more noteworthy is if they'd somehow unveiled a surprise return by Iso.
>>
>>138595929
I don't think big names alone make great animation. What I'm saying is that Animator's Expo does not compare well at all to animation that's the byproduct of another story/commercial interest.
>>
>>138596000
>I don't think big names alone make great animation
I'm not trying to imply that, I was just making a light-hearted side remark.
>>
>>138596038
a>>138595922
>You're just butthurt your old gay man waifu Anno didn't compare well to George.
Are you really saying this? Anno's a better director, and his works are better, and you're entire argument is that Lucas pays his workers more and pushed for special effects.
>>
>>138596135
>Anno's a better director
Says who? They have the exact same number of good works
>>
>>138596225
Says me. The stuff he directs has better direction than the stuff Lucas directs, in addition to being better overall.
>>
>>138596135
Please do not reply to crossboarders.
The thread actually seemed getting better for once.
>>
>>138596135
>>138596292
He's better..... because you say so?
>>
>>138595916
2001 a space odyssey is so vanilla man
>>
>>138596292
>he stuff he directs has better direction than the stuff Lucas directs, in addition to being better overall.
yeah I don't think so buddy, both are terrible but Lucas at least has imagination
>>
>>138595916
lmao what a fag, star wars is the most vannilla cinema there is.
>>
>>138596437
>Lucas at least has imagination
he doesn't, Star Wars is weeb core shit that merged sci fi and Kurosawa, taking plot points and all
>>
>>138596428
Yes it is
It's exactly like any other movie from it's era but done in perfection by Kubrick, the movie is basically heavy dialogue and techno stuff, many did that, none did Star wars.
>>
>>138596462
it's the first vanilla, it created all cliches you have been seeing for 40 years, if you think star wars is vanilla you don't know about cinema at all
>>
>>138596135
This thread really shows that George is an entirely different league than Anno. Comparing what they've done with their successes, we see that George really, really did a lot for cinema whereas Anno really only made one popular anime, and more or less kept the riches to himself while not really using his resources to improve the state of things.
>>
Does anyone have the pic of Shinji smoking weed at the end of 3rd impact?
>>
>>138596485
the only thing that set Star Wars apart from its predecessors was its charm though

Kubrick didn't merely take from other movies of the era, he innovated completely. the aesthetic of 2001 is pretty much unparalleled in sci fi and is still frequently ripped - then the writing and presentation itself was nothing like typical sci-fi of the time (or film in general)
>>
>>138596553
Do you really need to post the same senctence over and over again? Are you actually retarded?
>>
I have never even seen star wars
>>
>>138596592
How many sci fi dialogue heavy do you see in cinema nowadays in comparison to fun sci fi adventures and laser beans?
>>
>>138596553
It's obvious they're in different leagues, retard. One is Japanese, the other is American. One works in Hollywood film and the other works in the anime industry. Anno will never measure up to Lucas in terms of mainstream influence, but within the niche of anime his influence is much greater than Lucas

Why are you trying to use the same standards on two completely different contexts?
>>
>>138596686
This year I watched Ex Machina, The Martian, and the Force Awakens. So really, it's a pretty equal ratio between those two limited categories you set up.
>>
>>138582834

Kare Kano was so terribly adapted the mangaka forbade them from turning the rest of the manga into an anime. Thanks, Anno!
>>
>>138596755
Actually, it was so well adapted that the mangaka got jealous and demanded Anno turn it back into the melodramatic shojo schlock that it was originally.
>>
>>138596755
More like it was unfaithful because the manga was shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ma3eufG6Yp1rbu729o1_400.gif (979 KB, 320x231) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma3eufG6Yp1rbu729o1_400.gif
979 KB, 320x231
>>138596611
>butthurt

>>138596708
>but within the niche of anime his influence is much greater than Lucas
That's fairly debatable. Even Hideaki Anno animated some Star Wars stuff in his early beginnings.
>>
>>138596862
>>138596849
>>138596755
I wonder which is true?

The facts are that the mangaka did apparently intervene.
The bits about "jealousy" is unsubstantiated and seems just to be Anno fanboyism.
>>
>>138596870
Unless you want to try and group all of Gundam's influence under Star Wars', then NGE's is easily bigger.
>>
>>138596744
I see you don't watch many movies
Jupiter ascending
The force awakens
Age of ultron
Ant Man
terminator Genysis
hunger games
fantastic four
and many others are classic star wars child
>>
>>138596611
>you
>ANNO IS BETTER BECAUSE I SEZ SO
>other guy
>Well, here's what they've done (comparison goes on)

gee I wonder which is full of shit
>>
>>138596935
I don't know about jealousy, all I know is that the anime was much better than the manga and that calling it "terribly adapted" is silly.
>>
>>138582779
No and his live action is shit too but so is the whole of Japanese cinema, it's really the worse it's ever been. Even worse than the ultra cliche "cool" of the 80's.
>>
>>138596971
That's your opinion and making up some story around it is just bogus.
>>
>>138597003
I'm not the one saying the mangaka was jealous. I'm just telling you that you should be thanking Anno unironically for that adaptation.
>>
He hadn't made anything good since the TV ending, until 3.33.
>>
>>138582817
Always thought this
>>
>>138596991
PS, contemporary gooks do 80's style jap films better than the jap's ever did.
Reading about their international success must really piss 2ch nationalists off.
>>
>>138597043
3.33 was utter garbage though.

TV-ending and EoE were both great.
>>
>>138596947
>Hunger Games
are you serious? I've not watched any of them but I read the books (which were shit.)

Besides, my argument wasn't for tone anyway. My argument was that 2001 is less vanilla. I also explicitly said that its influence when it comes to sci-fi aesthetic is unparalleled.

I don't really give a fuck for movies in the theatres. I only go when my friends drag me to them.
>>
>>138597087
>I don't really give a fuck for movies in the theatres. I only go when my friends drag me to them.

So you're a pleb. Okay.
>>
>>138597087
seriously that you can't see the similarities between hunger games and star wars? they're basically the same setting and bother main characters fight for the exact same thing
>>
>>138597130
If deciding not to watch the shit you listed is pleb, then I don't want to be patrician.
>>
File: loghgw5.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
loghgw5.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>138596937
..or you know, the countless other sci-fi anime out there.

Including Japanese Star Wars.
>>
>>138597197
i'm this guy >>138597180
and Ant man was surprisingly pleasant
>>
>>138597180
I only saw the first Hunger Games, but isn't it basically just a typical rebellion against a dictator? That seems a little broad.
>>
>>138588969
this is actually the worst thing i've ever read
good job
>>
>>138597180
I read them as they came out years ago, and as I said I didn't think they were very good. I can only remember superficial points.
>>138597242
So I've heard. It's not something I'm too interested in.
>>
>>138597237
Yes, all space anime is obviously Star Wars.
>>
>>138597305
DEATH STAR LASER, FIRE

>>138597242
the short hair on that chick man
mhm
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>138597323
>>138597305
>>
>>138597323
>3DPD
Sasuga crossboarders.
>>
File: 1280px-ILM_logo.svg.png (70 KB, 1280x919) Image search: [Google]
1280px-ILM_logo.svg.png
70 KB, 1280x919
>>138597258
I've read some pretty out there /pol/shit in my time that takes the cake but I agree anon just spouted some pretty high class stupid.
>>
File: the hack trilogy.png (173 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
the hack trilogy.png
173 KB, 900x300
>>138582817
>>
File: 14_p10.png (130 KB, 357x600) Image search: [Google]
14_p10.png
130 KB, 357x600
>>138582779
I really enjoyed Love & Pop, I actually like it even more than EoE.
>>
>>138597567
Kaworu degenerates do not have opinions worthy of consideration, though.
>>
>>138597540
who's that irrelevant westerner in the middle? put in some actual relevant manga artist for the perfect sankaku
>>
File: Kaworufag.jpg (24 KB, 275x270) Image search: [Google]
Kaworufag.jpg
24 KB, 275x270
>>138597599
>still being salty that a Kaworu degenerate made you're waifu kill
>>
>>138590350
>Literally all George did for SW was come up with it
>literally all
>>
>>138597655
Just put Nasu in. The only really huge one-hit wonder mangaka I can think of are Takao Saito and Yoko Kamio, and no one on /a/ cares about either.
>>
>>138590350
>Literally all George did for SW was come up with it
That doesn't seem like a small feat, exactly.
>>
File: zaazaa.jpg (143 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
zaazaa.jpg
143 KB, 543x522
>people actually think NGE was a huge deal in anime/manga

What?
>>
>>138597540
Doesn't follow they're all shit for different reasons.
>anno
Not given large amounts of creative freedom after his masterpiece. Subsequent works are still underwhelming.
>lucas
Given total creative control after his masterpiece. Subsequent works are underwhelming despite this.
>kojima
Tactical incompetence. Given large degrees of creative freedom but is ultimately unable to deliver a finished product. Studio eventually intervenes to cut him off. Subsequent works are underwhelming.
>>
>>138597754
>shitposting
Why?
>>
>>138596708
>within the niche of anime his influence is much greater than Lucas

He doesn't even come close in the sphere of anime alone. Tezuka, Matsumoto and Dezaki all blow him out of the water.
>>
People who think EVA is a great anime invariably haven't seen much anime.
>>
really the only person who comes close to Lucas in the anime (manga really but it influenced the entire genre) is Toriyama
>>
File: 1314381852550.png (327 KB, 421x317) Image search: [Google]
1314381852550.png
327 KB, 421x317
>>138597754
>literally saved anime in 95'
>not a big deal
>>
>>138597837
You're essentially comparing primary sources to secondary sources. In the greater picture, yes, they have more influence. But you can't deny the direct influence of secondary source, in this case Evangelion. The economic system of anime was changed and so was the general direction of the content.
>>
File: 113513.jpg (75 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
113513.jpg
75 KB, 519x600
>>138597918

>ANNO
>EVER SAVING ANIME

OH GOD EVA FAGS ARE THIS DELUSIONAL
>>
>>138597540
Anno looks like Kojima and Lucas' love child.
>>
>>138597923
>The economic system of anime was changed and so was the general direction of the content.

Had absolutely nothing to do with EVA. It was just riding a wave at the time.

Star Wars itself CAUSED waves.
>>
File: 1410107273227.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410107273227.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>138597837
>He doesn't even come close to the guys that created the medium
>>
>>138597923
>>138597918
>The economic system of anime was changed and so was the general direction of the content.

This is bold as fuck. Do you have any citations for that? Do you even know what that means?
>>
>>138597879
Toriyama is almost totally irrelevant outside of fighting shounen, save for brief parodies/references, and the fact that you name him instead of a million other people makes you the dumbest person in this entire thread full of idiots arguing with idiots.
>>
>>138597754
Shut up. It's obviously thanks to Evangelion that we have successful anime like SAO and Attack on Titan. Bakemonogatari wouldn't be selling a single copy without evangelion. Every top selling idol anime happened because of Evangelion.

tl;dr : You have take a page from NGE's book if you want your anime to be successful.
>>
>>138598005

>this damage control
>>
>>138597938
>what is Akihabara
>what is the late night slot
>what is the 2nd generation Otaku
>>
>>138598055
seriously, you're being ironic now right
>>
>>138598008
>>138597969
It's bold but it's true. Just look up Akihabara and Evangelion. Akihabara was mostly an electronic appliance district before NGE.

Not to mention, it started the whole late night anime broadcast schedule.

As for content, do you really want to debate its influence there? How often do you see pseudo-Evangelion themes in anime from the last two decades?
>>
File: tipota.jpg (132 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
tipota.jpg
132 KB, 500x637
>>138598087

>akihabara
>late night slot

Not even relevant to EVA.

>what is the 2nd generation Otaku

Bunch of worthless slants who know only of EVA such as yourself? Ya got me there, kiddy.
>>
>>138598068
You do understand that this is like saying Rembrant wasn't influential because Da Vinci exists
>>
>>138598152

You do realize EVA is small time
>>
File: 1380806666339.jpg (67 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1380806666339.jpg
67 KB, 282x341
>>138598149
>Not even relevant to EVA.
>both things created as a reaction to NGE
>not relevant
>>
File: 1399484489531.jpg (28 KB, 450x283) Image search: [Google]
1399484489531.jpg
28 KB, 450x283
>>138598186
You do realize this is Shinzo Abe at an Eva Expo in Paris?
>>
File: 13415.png (27 KB, 627x495) Image search: [Google]
13415.png
27 KB, 627x495
>NGE tards think Akihabara's demographic shift was caused by NGE

JESUS FUCK

It was already shifting towards this direction far before EVA as early as the 80's when general consumer electronics were starting to decline and it was switching over to home computers for enthusiasts which started to bring in the consumer who is interested in anime/manga/videogames aka otaku culture.

Get it right you stupid fucking EVA history revisionist shitlords.
>>
>>138597879
>Toriyama
>even as relevant as Anno
>even remotely as relevant as >>138597837 , Nagai, Ishinomori, etc.
>>
>>138598237

>the Eva expo

you mean the eva & JAPANESE SWORDS exhibition?

stupid evangelion tards, I swear.
>>
>>138598265
>I'M ANGRY
>non-/a/ image
>shitlords
Sure doing a great job of making me take you seriously there.
>>
>>138598265
It only became an Otaku Mecca after NGE, you can't deny it
>>
>>138598140
>Akihabara was mostly an electronic appliance district before NGE.
In the 80's, in the early 90's it turned into what it is today, fiction heaven. Computer games/manga/anime was there long before Evangelion.

Naturally the Evangelion craze boosted things, but it's not fair to give credit to Evangelion because it sold a lot. Even Gainax was selling otaku computer games in Akihibara before Evangelion.

Do elaborate on the late-night slot though.

>As for content, do you really want to debate its influence there? How often do you see pseudo-Evangelion themes in anime from the last two decades?
I've seen a lot of anime and sci-fi in general, so when I watched Evangelion nearly two decades ago I was able to tell that Evangelion took a LOT of inspiration from other sources, infamously judeo-christian religion.

Evangelion is my favorite anime (Rei is the best girl), but let's not toot it's horn too much.
>>
File: 1241.jpg (46 KB, 448x550) Image search: [Google]
1241.jpg
46 KB, 448x550
>>138598237

>visiting a country where anime is insanely popular to cozy relationships with people who have money relations to your country

hmm.

>>138598304

>non-/a/ reaction image

That's from an anime though, please watch more anime you sub-300 anime idiot.
>>
>>138598296
>Eva expo
>you mean the eva & JAPANESE SWORDS

Yes the Eva expo, are you illiterate?
>>
>>138598304
>he thinks it's a non-/a/ image
Stop making eva fans look bad.
>>
>>138598329
>I've seen a lot of anime and sci-fi in general, so when I watched Evangelion nearly two decades ago I was able to tell that Evangelion took a LOT of inspiration from other sources, infamously judeo-christian religion.
So you watched it once three years ago and come here ocassionally to shitpost, is what you really mean?
>>
>>138598327

Right. Which is why Otaku-centric anime predating NGE point it out as being otaku mecca.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>138598356
>Paris hosts an Eva expo that is attended by Japan's prime minister
>Eva is not influential

Pick one
>>
>>138598329
Evangelion isn't even my favorite anime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_night_anime
>>
>>138598329
>Rei is the best girl
Discredited your entire post there senpai
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.