[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One piece formula
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Arlong's_Angry_Eyes.png (433 KB, 639x445) Image search: [Google]
Arlong's_Angry_Eyes.png
433 KB, 639x445
name me one battle where this formula didnt take place

>luffy vs big boss
>big boss overpowers and taunts
>luffy retaliates
>luffy btfo big boss
>battle pause reaction from everyone
>cut to big boss saying something in the line of "I HAVE RAN OUT OF PATIENCE"
>big boss now fights with everytihng hes got, apparently he was holding back all along
>>
And your point?
>>
Foxy
>>
>>138576910
Aokiji and Magellan come to mind. Kizaru and Kuma, too. Everything during Marineford.
>>
>>138576910
Arlong
>>
>>138576910
>sabaody
>impel down
>marineford
>>
>>138577076
filler shit
>>
>>138577245
It's in the manga, therefore canon.
>>
>>138576910
Most of the villains Luffy fought were never overwhelming more powerful than him. Hell, Arlong was getting his ass kicked prior to going bloodlust mode, and even after that, Luffy was still holding his own.
>>
>>138576910
It's almost like one piece is a battle shonen..
>>
>>138576910
Did that ever happen?
>>
>>138577245
Foxy's one of the best arcs you mongoloid
>>
>>138577245
Why do so many people dislike/skip Davy Back Fight? Shit's great: it's short, it's got good pacing and it's the kind of goofy lighthearted stuff that gives One Piece its charm.
>>
>>138579448

Truth.

I miss general crew wonkiness and when they are being social with each other.
>>
>>138579448
I blame the anime. They extended it with shitty filler, and then had another arc with him before Water 7. People just wanted another serious arc after all those filler arcs.
>>
like that exact formula?
saboady
impel down
marineford
punk hazard
syrup village (i think)
buggy arc
foxy

its doesnt matter though cause the arcs that follow that formula are some of the best ones
>>
>>138579645
oh also i forgot loguetown, little garden, and that one where zoro btfo of baroque works grunts
>>
>>138579645
Water 7 too. Fishman Island didn't have Luffy overpowered too. In Enies Lobby also, Lucci was never holding back,and Luffy was rekt just before beating Lucci instead of at the start of the fight.
>>
>>138579636
>watching the anime
>ever
Jesus christ.
>>
>>138579789
>not being anime+manga master race
Jesus Burgess.
>>
>>138579822
>Watching terrible anime adaptations of a manga you`re already read
>Watching terrible anime adaptations period

Seek professional help.
>>
>>138580314
The anime isn't a bad adaptation though. The problems are the pacing and animation, but the voice acting and music are still great. Besides, it didn't have those problems until Enies Lobby and they didn't become unbearable until around Marineford.
>>
>>138577033
>name me one battle where this formula didnt take place
>>
more like, shonen formula
>>
>>138576910
The villain holding back their true power is somehow exclusive to One Piece?
>>
>>138582094
Dragon Ball was the inspiration for most modern shounen, and every villain did it there, so it's definitely not exclusive to One Piece.
>>
Crocodile
>>
>>138576910
name me an anime that this formula doesn't apply
>>
>>138577092
this
>>
>>138585197
K-ON
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.