[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to good sports anime? It seems like all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: SLAM DUNK 01 GRID.jpg (2 MB, 2100x2627) Image search: [Google]
SLAM DUNK 01 GRID.jpg
2 MB, 2100x2627
What happened to good sports anime? It seems like all of the sports anime these days are just trying to pander to fujoshits.
>>
Slam Dunk had a huge fujo following.
>>
Wait a minute, that's not Kuwabara.
>>
>>138561861
Yes, but it wasn't originally FOR fujoshits, that's the difference between sports anime then and now.
Now, sports anime is made with fujoshits in mind.
>>
File: fucking retard.jpg (29 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
fucking retard.jpg
29 KB, 396x400
>slam dunk
>good
>>
>>138562085
The manga is better, but I really enjoyed the anime too.
>>
Mahjong is sport.
>>
Haikyuu is good as fuck. Don't even care if fujoshit like it.
>>
File: shittaste_KUREZIDAYAMONDO.jpg (89 KB, 445x330) Image search: [Google]
shittaste_KUREZIDAYAMONDO.jpg
89 KB, 445x330
>>138561958

>>138561958
Shit like Kuroko, Haikyuu, etc, the JUMP sports manga aren't FOR fujos either. Its' still mainly for boys. People just learned how to capitalize on both, namely, what Shueisha's been doing with Kuroko. It's called omnipandering.

Of course, there's shit like Free and Stride that's clearly for girls, but a lot of sports series are still mainly for boys.
>>
>>138562085

This >>138562266
Josuke was meant for you.
>>
>>138561958
That's not an actual difference in the shows, that's just a difference in cause. They both included things that fujoshi like.
>>
>>138562168
I don't see another season of Kaiji coming anytime soon, senpai.
>>
>>138561801
We got Ping Pong the Animation not too long ago, which is easily one of the best TV anime ever made.
>>
>>138562520
I bet we'll get more Saki by summer 2017, though.
>>
>>138562630
That was 2 years ago.
>>
>>138562649
Saki is shit. Again, it's just mahjong with yuribait undertones.
Why can't I just get a good sports anime that only panders to a person's interest in sports/comedy/SoL?
>>
>>138562758
>sports
Because most people watching anime aren't that interested in sports, except maybe baseball. Even most older series knew better than to rely on people caring about the sport.

> comedy/SoL
Because there's not much of a reason to pander to those but not also to someone's sexual fetishes? I don't know why it bothers you so much, anyway.
>>
>>138562249
>Haikyuu is good
No.
>>
>>138562758
Read manga.
>>
>>138561801
Sports anime/manga actually about sports have always been a rarity. It's mainly just a backdrop for other plotlines, because if someone wanted to watch sports they'd turn on the game instead of anime.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.