[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Eva pretentious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1395791575328.png (3 MB, 1920x1182) Image search: [Google]
1395791575328.png
3 MB, 1920x1182
Is Eva pretentious?
>>
Anime generally is.
>>
No but a large portion of its fanbase is.
>>
>>138556367
pretty much

the series is an average mech series that was made a spectacle due to budget issues and depression
>>
>>138556367
>Eva
>Not pretentious

Even when Anno admitted that the Christian imagery was there solely because of the cool factor and nothing else.
>>
>>138556600
Anno's name is not Tsurumaki and pretentious does not mean what you think it means.
>>
>>138556600
Maybe you should read a dictionary.
>>
File: 0xDUczkJ4kM.jpg (54 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
0xDUczkJ4kM.jpg
54 KB, 453x604
I guess it depends on how you mean pretentious.
>>
>>138556317

Extremely pretentious and cliched. The only reason why /a/ fanboys all over it is probably because back when Eva was airing they were angsty kids and liked edgy stuff, thus nostalgia. Most episodes use the same recipe, just like other overrated shows like Power Rangers and Doctor House. Why build a plot when you can have a different mini drama every episode and solve it with a monster attacking and the robots fighting it? Why build lore when you can use a bunch of semitic mythology and make it look dark and edgy? Just look at the very first line and realize how pretentious and shitty it is:

>Like a cruel angel's thesis

What could this mean? Is the angel cruel, or the thesis? What makes it cruel? How is it different from other angels or theses? What exactly is 'an angel's thesis'? Of course nobody knows what this buzzphrase is trying to say because it doesn't actually mean anything, it was just meant to sound dark and impress 11 years old angsty queers. I'm so fucking mad that people without critical thinking like this piece of shit just because of herd mentality and nostalgia.
>>
>>138558529
Hey, pal. That's some mighty fine bait you got there. The fish hasn't been biting for me lately. Mind sharing some of yours to help a guy out?
>>
>>138558529
>What could this mean? Is the angel cruel, or the thesis?
>angel's
>'s
Go back to English you retard.
>>
>>138558916

You just proved that the angel owns the thesis (which was not disputed and has nothing to do with the attribute of cruelty) and ignored the rest of the post because you can't explain it. Thank you for proving that eva fanboys have no critical thinking nor understanding of what an 'angel's thesis' is.
>>
I can see this thread going 500 posts easily, impress me, /a/.
>>
Being pretentious is
>wow look at me I'm so cool and more important, look at me
not
>we did this cause cool
>>
>>138559168
I only had the gripe on your understand of English. Not your opinion on the matter.
>>
>>138559268

>the gripe on your understand of English

You should probably learn English first retard.
>>
>>138556367
This.

>>138556600
Anno really has a boner for Christianity. It was a prevelant plot point in Nadia as well.
>>
Indeed.
But that doesn't change the fact that is a master piece.
>>
File: 1450492740481.jpg (28 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1450492740481.jpg
28 KB, 225x225
>>138556317
>see thumbnail
>a cool wallpaper, nice
>see marie
>into the trash
>>
>>138556568
(You)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.