[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power Levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: kakarot.png (2 MB, 1712x1342) Image search: [Google]
kakarot.png
2 MB, 1712x1342
Who would win right now in an all out fight?
I think it was heavily implied that Vegeta surpassed Goku in terms of power in Super.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPmopEALvKc

This actually makes a lot of sense. As a youngster, Vegeta naturally had a much higher power level than Goku. Goku was constantly trained by masters who were more powerful than him which enhanced his training. Vegeta trained alone which impeded his capabilities. Under Whis, both fighters were trained with equal guidance. With proper guidance, the naturally stronger Vegeta should surpass Goku.

The efficiency of Vegeta's moves also comes in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMSwBlBjBc
This was back when power levels actually mattered. Let's compare the Kamehameha to the Garlic Gun. Goku had to use a multiplier technique to match Vegeta's base form.
Base Goku - slightly over 8000
Kaioken x3 - slightly over 24000
Vegeta - 18000 (tied with Kaioken x3)
Kaioken x4 - 32000 (managed to slightly injure Vegeta)

This is proof that Vegeta's Garlic Gun delivers energy much more efficiently than Goku's Kamehameha. I think viewers can guess that Vegeta's Final Flash technique would be even more efficient than Garlic Gun.

However, Goku still has his hax instant transmission.
>>
I stopped reading when I saw "power level"
>>
>>138544053
Power level is not a static data.It changes from second to second....aura amount around their body indicates the density the type and the amount of ki energy they accumulate.This energy can be read by scouters.If the aura energy gets concentrated and fired it can be still read by scouters but the numbers will still wave a little bit.Its like sexual tension when it gets released on ejaculation.
>>
File: world tournament arc db.jpg (764 KB, 1020x1449) Image search: [Google]
world tournament arc db.jpg
764 KB, 1020x1449
>>138544053
I hate power levels. Its cool that characters have to train to stand a chance againts mightier opponents but the fights should be won for having better techniques not just for being stronger.
>>
>>138544053
Their body has a limit of strength and ki accumulation potential.But dont forget to distinguish the two.The ki accumulation potential comes from outside their physical body.However their physical body must be able to take the stress they place on it by commanding their ki around their body.Or sometimes out of their body.
>>
Fuck you.
>>
>>138545038
There are physical and non physical techniques.
In dragonball its the physical body that matters.
In zed the ki takes over slowly.
>>
Vegeta is the best get fucked goku niggers
>>
>>138544053
Power levels stopped being relevant after Frieza saga.
>>
>>138545163
i rather see master roshi acting than goku losing is eyebrows or dying his hair red. he just stronger and its no fun and his fighting style is the same but that opponent cant do shit againts it.
>>
File: Beerus vs Champa.jpg (1 MB, 512x5730) Image search: [Google]
Beerus vs Champa.jpg
1 MB, 512x5730
>>138544053
Why is DBS promo manga better than the actually main attraction?
>>
>>138545612
ITS NOT FAIR FUCVKING TOEI
>>
>>138544053
Goku because he can heal his wounds like picolo. He did it when beerus penetrated his gut.
>>
>>138545612
Better animation
>>
>>138544053
I think it would come down to context.

Vegeta would have to be in danger of destroying the universe or something for him to go all out. Hell, Goku didn't really consider Majin Vegeta a threat worthy of even close to his full power, I think that without context this match up just wouldn't happen in any kind of fair capacity.

Goku would likely let himself die if it meant Vegeta wouldn't destroy the universe, for example.
>>
>>138545094
Doesn't God ki allow them to ignore those limitations though?
>>
>>138545612
>>138546674
Why do people praise the manga so much? Its not even close to Toriyama's style and its only marginally better drawn compared to Super.
>>
>>138546825
Goku would rather try to beat an opponent with as little as his power as possible, which becomes a problem with him underestimating his opponents. Truth is, we've probably only seen Goku go all out against Vegeta, pre-SS Frieza, Cell and Kid Buu
>>
What is that symbol Whis draw on their chests? Does it mean anything?
>>
File: g.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
g.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Why no new DBS today? thats some BS pham.
>>
>>138547233
4 hours my man
>>
>>138547282

nope
>>
>>138547125
Just his signature
>>
>>138547291
>>138547291
Episode 35?
>>
>>138547233
women's marathon, One Piece also canceled
>>
>>138547233
Why would anyone actually look forward to seeing Super?
>>
>>138547344
Because we're invested nigga
>>
>Garlic gun
>>
>>138544053
Vegeta would win.

Then he'd get killed by the main bad guy who Goku would win against.
>>
>>138546955
Because anything is better than the anime
>>
>>138546955
Because Super's animation is average at best most of the time and its pacing sucks.

The manga has a faster pace and the fights flow better.
>>
>>138546955
because it contains everything relevant and doesn't even waste a tenth of your time.
>>
File: Goku vs Frost.jpg (2 MB, 1050x9136) Image search: [Google]
Goku vs Frost.jpg
2 MB, 1050x9136
>>138547586
>the fights flow better.
This
>>
>>138544053
>surpassed Goku
Wouldn't be the first time.

>naturally higher power
And very likely more potential. Frankly, Goku has been getting by on an old handout (SKW giving him the passive Oozaru boost since he was a runt). This aside from masters far and wide giving him pushes to greater heights in power and technique (something he doesn't seem capable with making on his own *or sharing*).

>efficiency
At the very least, GG does end up being represented as superior to Roshi's signature move in Goku's hands. Both would be as said codger described before Tri-Beam (read: dog piss). But that's life energy for you.

>instant transmission
Didn't save him in that rematch Goku spent years ducking Vegeta on (despite promising Krillin he would win the next time around). Ultimately, Goku is just lucky Vegeta didn't kill his dumb ass as a corpse (erasing him from existence).

In the end, AT makes it too clear that Vegeta is the better fighter, leader, etc. He even becomes a better hero, father, husband, friend, etc. Undefeated against his 'rival', no less.

With this Super Cyan business, that only gets worse (SS3 rendered even more a joke). Especially with Vegeta 'earning' his 'god' power (instead of being gifted it with info from the dragon and a hand-holding session).

Some might bring up SS3 strictly in relation to their second fight, but it wasn't going to save a thing. Goku proved himself an ignorant fool. Despite the lecture given by him with the bulky forms during Cell Saga, he overlooked the otherworldy state's major flaw (multiple times). This aside from poorly judging Buu (which is something many are guilty of, granted).

In reality, he would have dicked around while fresh with SS3 (and gotten DQ'd for being sent packing to Other World). Waiting to show it off after tiring out in battle at SS2 would have made this a certain outcome even if he stopped horsing around. He was on borrowed time (life force he didn't own). While alive? Back to base (easy win).
>>
>>138548276
Anon pls

Your going to make Vegeta as hated as Gohan is now with that nonsense
>>
>>138544053
>I think it was heavily implied that Vegeta surpassed Goku in terms of power in Super.

It was outright stated and shown more than once when Vegeta went to train with Whis. Now that both have received Whis' training and have sparred together in the time chamber for 3 years they are probably equal.
>>
File: vegeta defeats goku again.gif (1 MB, 381x289) Image search: [Google]
vegeta defeats goku again.gif
1 MB, 381x289
>>138547450
Also, probable. Goku just seems to be weak to Vegeta. Maybe he likes losing to him. Though Goku winning on his own against the villain seems rather unlikely these days.

>>138548771
What's all this now you're going on about, sport?
>>
When's the next ch of the Super manga out on?
>>
>>138549113
5 minutes
>>
>>138549113
It's monthly
around the 25th or something like that.
>>
>>138544053
>Goku was constantly trained by masters who were more powerful than him which enhanced his training
>Vegeta trained alone which impeded his capabilities

Nope. Vegeta and Goku both trained alone before the frieza saga and goku ended up more powerful. Vegeta and Goku both trained without masters in the android saga in the time chamber and goku still came out more powerful. And goku didnt even stay for a full day/year in the chamber.

Its more likely that vegeta was born with a high PL but is more inclined to plateau. Goku was born with a low PL but can improve almost limitlessly. Hell bardock was similar. He was low class but he kept getting substantial gains.
>>
>>138549973
That depends and what you consider canon for Bardock though.
>>
>>138550830
Im thinking of the first movie which also tied into the saiyan and freeza saga.
>>
You nignogs serious?
There's no episode today?
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>138551627
Nope, and just as it was getting interesting.
>>
>>138544053

I agree.

Vegeta trained more but Goku always had the more efficient methods.

Now that both get the same deal it explains why he surpassed him for the first time in years.

Still Goku is the MC. He has to have some sort of ace ?
>>
>>138553231
Goku's nature lets him think outside the box, I believe that's his only edge over Vegeta now that the latter stopped being a stubborn asshole.
>>
>>138551627
>>138547233
>>138547291

What? fuck this shit. I hope this means we got better quality animation for this episode..
>>
File: elite my ass.png (485 KB, 792x1165) Image search: [Google]
elite my ass.png
485 KB, 792x1165
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.