[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TV anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 144266574444.jpg (108 KB, 546x800) Image search: [Google]
144266574444.jpg
108 KB, 546x800
TV anime?
>>
>>138525632
Did you miss the OAVs?
>>
please no
>>
OVA?
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>138525632

There are like... 2 OAVs. They're okay.
>>
>>138525632
SOON
>>
>>138525632
Which studio?
>>
File: 23895712-34871.png (72 KB, 294x330) Image search: [Google]
23895712-34871.png
72 KB, 294x330
>>138525983
>It's shit.
senpai...
>>
>>138525878
>please no
Why not?
>>
>>138525854
Those were cancer. Manga all the way.
>>
>>138527732
>implying
The first two were really nice.
I can't get myself to watch the rest considering they aren't cel animation.
>>
>>138527760
Actually, the first two were bad as well. It gave NOTHING compared to the manga.
>>
The OVA's are valuable in that they introduce people to the manga. Any further episodes would be a waste, since the ones already out do the job just fine.
>>
>>138527795
Well, it was just an OVA i.e. an advertisement.
But the GONTITI music, plus visually pleasing aesthetics made it nice.
I agree though, it pales in comparison to the manga, but then again the manga set the standard very very high.
>>
File: ykktheories.jpg (50 KB, 640x471) Image search: [Google]
ykktheories.jpg
50 KB, 640x471
Since we're having a YKK thread, I'd like to thank the guy who linked to this blog:
http://hatsuseno.blog.fc2.com
Deepest lore indeed, plenty of enjoyable reading, building up theories based on evidence from the manga. Just one example from the article series covering robot development history:
>Alpha A1 to A5 were replacement devices for human senses, Alpha's camera and Nai's plane's air sensors being two surviving examples
>A6 was all five senses, integrated into a body made out of fungus (the sea goddess thing Alpha saw), Misago being a surviving example
>A7 was a refinement of A6, finishing the job by integrating the robot into human culture, Alpha and the other robots being surviving examples
>>
>>138529034
Post more senpai!
This stuff is interesting.
>>
So are humans going extinct or do they have a chance of repopulating?
>>
>>138530087
Alright, here's an condensed version of the following:
http://hatsuseno.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-353.html

In chapter 139, Alpha uses the A1 camera not just to shoot pictures, but also to walk with her eyes closed. The camera sees in place of Alpha, allowing her to walk safely. It acts as a sense of sight replacement device.

Indeed, it was already established in previous articles that Alpha A1 through A5 were replacement devices for the various senses. If we combined all of these, we'd get something that could perceive the world like a human does, but without the ability to move or respond.

If we added to that the ability to move, walk, spead, etc.. we'd get an android. Going that far, we might wish to go even further and give this android the ability to work, turning it into a labor replacement device. It would replace one human in its work.

A device which which was created by humanity and does a human's work. That right there is the origin of the word robot, which hails from the Czech word for work.

As long as you have an artificial entity doing people's work, you can fulfill the definition of a robot just fine, no need for stuff like eating, appearing very much human, etc.. On the other hand, an android which resembles a human but can't do work yet wouldn't strictly be a robot.

At that level of development, the Alpha Project must have seemed incomplete and lacking, since for all the money spent, it couldn't come up with a robot capable of doing work and pulling its own weight in society.

*Chapter 9 reveals the existence of a robot academy where robots were prepared to enter the world. This reveals that the Alpha Project, far from an isolated academic exercise, was in fact a major social undertaking, going as far as preparing dedicated institutions for integrating the robots into society.

The blogger's conjecture is that the purpose of the Alpha Project was to create a robot that functioned within society like a working adult.
>>
File: brainport-v1001.jpg (79 KB, 625x515) Image search: [Google]
brainport-v1001.jpg
79 KB, 625x515
>>138530087
Also, get this shit.

They actually made a real-life device very much like Alpha's camera, to help blind people. It's called Brainport.

Video from a camera is turned into low resolution grayscare images, which are then transmitted to an electrode array. You touch this electrode array to your tongue, and eventually learn to see what's projected onto it.
>>
>>138525632
Just been watching the OVAs, what are the odds.

Also please no TV anime until I read the whole thing.
>>
2-cour anime by Production IG please.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.