[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For an anime made by a studio that is known for cheating their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 25880.jpg (45 KB, 225x349) Image search: [Google]
25880.jpg
45 KB, 225x349
For an anime made by a studio that is known for
cheating their way to the goalpost with as many tricks and
as little actual animation as possible this show sure has a LOT of what one could consider "unnecessary" animation (Exaggerated hand and body movements during dialogues and so on)
>>
>>138471777
>"unnecessary" animation
I'm going to hurt you.
>>
>>138471777
How dare they do anything other than a still with an animated mouth? Heresy I tell you.
>>
File: 60308969?size=240x180.jpg (11 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
60308969?size=240x180.jpg
11 KB, 240x180
>>
>>138471777
There is no anime that is "overanimated" since limited animation is the norm.
>>
>>138471777
>"unnecessary" animation (Exaggerated hand and body movements during dialogues and so on)
No, it was not unnecessary or exaggerated.
For Max and Ruby, yes, that's superfluous.
>>
It was back when shaft still pretended to care sometimes.
>>
>>138471777
It was very good.
>>
Reminds me of the forced animation shitpost.
>>
>>138472385
Forced animation is a thing though.
When you use way more frames of animation to make a simple animation, like a hand gesture, which ends up looking exaggerated and unnatural.
>>
>>138471777
Man i need to rewatch this
>>
>>138472493
That's bad frame composition (albeit difficult to judge in my opinion, though), though I would understand if someone tried to call that "forced animation". Still, not necessary to use when you can only say bad x.
>>
>>138472493
>When you use way more frames of animation to make a simple animation, like a hand gesture, which ends up looking exaggerated and unnatural.
unlike in real life where everyone's hands move choppily. how exactly is adding frames to a hand gesture scene "unnatural"? if anything you're making it look MORE real
>>
>>138472729
but "bad x" is very vague and sounds like shitposting
>>
>>138472734
you don't seem understand it
it's not like they use these extraframes to make the animation more smooth
they use the extra frames to make the motion way more exaggerated, like going back and forth
like when someone points their finger, you don't need to animate the entire fucking hand twitching around
>>
>>138472809
i wouldn't really classify that as "forced animation", as the same sequence could potentially work in a different context. i'd call it "out-of-place" or "indecisive art style"

as we ARE speaking in relation to shaft here, i think an exaggerated waving finger point as you've described here can quite easily be forgiven
>>
>>138472493
Exaggeration isn't necessarily a bad thing in animation, if anything it's part of the basic principles. What matters is how and when it's used.
>>
>>138472750
Yes, but if you actually explain why it's bad through argumentation it's not shitposting. The thing with forced animation is that it was used on /a/ to get a reaction from others.
>>
>dat scene where she goes headfirst into the bucket and her sexy pantsu and garters and whatnot are visible

That girl got some serious assets. Also need to rewatch.
>>
>>138473363
That's literally episode 1 fampai
>>
Thank god that fucking ugly classmate of them doesn't show up too often
>>
File: UJxYHEu.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UJxYHEu.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>138473334
it's forced because they attempt to introduce fluidity by forcefully exaggerating basic motions. it's bad because a)it's exaggerated to the point where it no longer feasibly represents the motion it's trying to convey. b)it's done at specific points making them stand out as unnatural examples. c) sweatshop chink inbetweeners can't make natural movements to save their lives, nevermind exaggerated ones.
>>
>>138471777
I kinda agree with you.
I think was too edgy adaptation for this show.
Not hate it.
But expected more comedic and comfy.
>>
Why do
you write like
this?
>>
>>138474749
What do you mean
why do i write
like this?
>>
>>138474279
This

also, to be honest, i think inbetweens are the hardest to draw
>>
>>138472949
>What matters is how and when it's used.
This. Forced animation is only bad if used improperly. It's very good for producing comedic and exaggerated art styles though, it's just bad when the artist is going for realism or serious tones.
>>
File: qmm.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
qmm.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>138474688
but it was very comedic and comfy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.