[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mamoru Oshii, Toshio Suzuki, and Gen Urobuchi live stream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: CdKfLyrWoAAfRIp.jpg (38 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
CdKfLyrWoAAfRIp.jpg
38 KB, 600x399
Get in here !
https://live.line.me/r/channels/21/broadcast/2344
>>
Are they going to kill themselves live?
>>
>>138455208
It seems they're talking about lot of things.
I'm late in the stream so I can't quite follow the topic they're talking right now.

But the title of stream is talking about Oshii's film.

It would be interesting if we got Ghibli movie with Oshii as director and Urobuchi writing the script.

Probably /a/ will explodes if this happens.
>>
>live action crap

Anime is ded
>>
DOUJIN WHEN!?

sub when?
>>
I'm kinda interested but it's not like I'll understand anything.
>>
When will Oshii direct another animation movie?

It's been too long.
>>
The reson they´re together is that Uro is writing the script and Toshio is producing the japanese dub of Oshii´s last live action film "Garm Wars".

But yeah, they´re just chilling and talking about Oshii´s last couple of films and other amusing shit.
>>
>>138456703
He mentioned about doing someday another Ghost in the shell film, so, who knows... he also said two years ago that he was done with animation, which kind of figures since these days It would be incompatible with the trends of today, and in this stream they are talking about his live action filmography with a lot of ennthusiasm.
>>
>>138456703
I attendended a convention in Italy some months ago and he was there, he also said that he's thinking about a old project he wanted to made, he also said that it will probably be a movie
>>
>>138456847
>and in this stream they are talking about his live action filmography with a lot of ennthusiasm.
But that clashes with this:
>>138456729
>producing the japanese dub of Oshii´s last live action film "Garm Wars".
>last live action film "Garm Wars".

So if he's done with Live-Action and he's apparently "done" with Animation, what else is he going to do now?
>>
>>138456856
If theres an old project I want realized its the live action kerberos film he was going to do with Kenta Fukasaku about a battle in a remote island based on a real incident, they made a teaser and showed the new protect gear designs at a convention and then the project stalled because of lack of investment.

He also has a plethora of aborted projects just like Garm Wars was in the mid nineties, some famous examples are his Lupin movie, his Guyver movie, his Logh series, and his Ghibli projects, not to mention that he has written a good number of books about zombie hunters, and dystopian shit(think Psycho pass mixed with kerberos).
>>
>>138457077
Be old
>>
It's been over two decades since Oshii has done anything remotely good, why should we still care about this guy? He's ancient history.
>>
>>138455208
One can only hope.
>>
>>138455170
Who's the guy on the left? He looks miserable.
>>
>>138457077
last to be premiered in Japan, it was premiered overseas last year and in winter he premiered another film:Mokuseki Shojo, known overseas as Nowhere Girl.

I phrased badly, he said at the Tokyo International Film Festival that he would only make live action from now on BUT he neverthless said sometime later at the premiere of the new Ghost in the shell movie(yeah, the ARISE one) that he was considering making a new GITS film so yeah, he may be contradicting himself.
>>
>>138457276
That's your future unless you leave now.
>>
>>138457167
>we shouldn't care about all the dead great authors, artists and filmmakers because they haven't made anything good in decades
Besides, The Sky Crawlers was good
>>
>>138457167
Thats because you didnt bother with all the good shit he´s done that no one has brought stateside, or even translated, like all his recent films, books or the Tetsujin 28 performance and film.
>>
>>138457796
I mean, it's good to care about old stuff but if Shakespeare cane back from the dead in 2016 I'd tell him to fuck off cause he's no longer relevant.
>sky crawlers was good
I'll take your word for it.
>>
Wish I could understand nip. Garbwars looks like Avalon 2. Never cared much for Oshii's live action work.
>>
>>138457907
>search oshii books
>find http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=61206
What the fuck? Oshii and Kon did a manga together? How come no one talked about this?
>>
>>138458798
Not even mentioned manga, he made a lot about kerberos and other interesting stuff(a lot, seriously), he even made radio dramas with voice actors he never used in animated films.

The dude writes books of fiction and also essay books with titles like "Seeing Anime as dreams" and "I dont need any friends".

The saddest part is that not only almost everything he makes isnt even translated by fans, its not even uploaded so not everyone can take a jab at translating it, no one even bothered to upload the director´s cut of the new ptalabor movie(in Oshii´s opinion is the better version and is so different that even the title of the movie changes)
>>
>>138459112
Probably because he sucks
Clearly the latest reincarnation LN is way more interesting
>>
>>138459112
Just proves how pleb 99.9% of asian cartoon fans are in the west. Even on /a/. especially on /a/
>>
I´m kind of sperging here with all these posts so I´ll be clear:you name it, Oshii did it.

There was an interview at a film festival in Toronto I think(?), and obviously all they could relate to him when touching topics was Gits, the Patlabor animated movies, and Sky crawlers. And it actually got pretty funny because he kept saying things that sounded like bullshit (or more exactly, got you thinking "how is that I didnt know any of this) like "Oh, by the way I made a lot of live action and actually Gits is one of my worst received works in Japan" or "Oh, I also made a Theater work about Tetsujin 28, that was fun" and "I actually directed 4 videogames so I know what Im talking about when Im explaining the differences between game and film" and the best one was when one of the audience members asked him what does he do when he has writers block with a project, he replied "Never happened, If one project doesnt go ahead Im always writing a book, a comic, or another script anyways"

Its so bad that everyone in the west talks to him like he is some kind of "futuristics expert", when in Japan the only thing audiences actually like of him is his comedy, while his more introspective films are pretty hit or miss on acknowledgements.

Anyways, the guy´s a treasure.
>>
>>138459947
You are an ok namefag
>>
>>138459112
>in Oshii´s opinion is the better version
Oshii's opinion is ass, remember when he "improved" Ghost in the Shell?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.