[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THIS FUCKING BITCH KILLED ANIME? RIP IBO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: qwertyuio.jpg (70 KB, 228x353) Image search: [Google]
qwertyuio.jpg
70 KB, 228x353
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THIS FUCKING BITCH KILLED ANIME?

RIP IBO lack of action is really nice, needs less drama
RIP Studio Trigger, they're gonna waste so much money on a 24 minute original that won't even sell 1500 because it's 3edgy5me
RIP Black Rock Shooter didn't fucking need any of that middle school drama
RIP Sakurasou episode 1, 2, and 8 were the only good ones out of the whole thing. Most of the drama literally when full circle or status quo, fucking pointless.

I hope Mayoiga flops and this woman rots in hell. I also hate that the poorly written Anohana sold 44k literally because those moronic BD buyers liked the cover waifu. Seriously, let's waste 5 episodes trying to prove a ghost is real when she can just lift shit and prove it in like not even 5 minutes, then spend the whole 5 episodes complaining, angsting, arguing, VERY FUN
>>
File: good night miuna.png (3 MB, 2480x3002) Image search: [Google]
good night miuna.png
3 MB, 2480x3002
You are full of shit. There is nothing wrong with IBO. Its the best "real" Gundam show in more than a decade.
>>
Calm down.
>>
>>138442546
>RIP Studio Trigger, they're gonna waste so much money on a 24 minute original that won't even sell
Stopped reading there, it'll sell hard no matter how "edgy" it will be
>>
>no one mentions wixoss
>>
>Toradora
>Gosick

I agree that her original shit is poorly written, but she's not terrible at writing adaptations. I enjoyed Sakurasou as well.
>>
>>138442749
>enjoyed sakurasou
Come the fuck on
>>
I really hope we get a Nagi no Asukara season 2.
>>
>>138442826
It was pretty fun and the autistic girl was cute. The MC was a piece of shit but his thoughts and actions weren't that far-fetched from what human nature dictates. It wasn't a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it at least.
>>
>>138442546

Okada didn't kill anime, greed and getting progressively more otaku centric by the season since the 2010's started did. Get it right.
>>
>>138442691

Because the director and the character designer are bros, that's the 4th anime they've worked on together and the director wanted to makeWixoss his next pseudo horror masterpiece. Okada sort of stopped that but what resulted from her interference was a complete laugh worthy mess.

Regardless it was great for the cute girls but thanks to Okada the anime had 60% less card games. When it's job was to sell cards. More proof she's a shit writer.
>>
I was okay with Wixoss s1 but everything else is definitely questionable.
>>
>>138442618

Imaishi isn't even directing it, they got some newfag director to do it.

When a journalist form some magazine went to get more info on this anime, he immediately went to Okada. She came up with the title, the premise, the everything. Just reading male lead's bio and female lead's bio made me slam my head against the desk it was so fucking bad.

Either this is going to pull an Anohana or it'll sell peanuts
>>
>>138442546
Everything she writes is complete garbage, you were an idiot for expecting otherwise.

She didn't kill Gundam, she's just responsible for another shitty entry in the franchies.
>>
>>138443280
>they got some newfag director to do it
You mean the director that storyboarded and directed the best episodes of Kill la Kill?
>>
>>138442984
She raped the second half of that show, and the drama with Sorata was horribly handled. No, human nature doesn't make everyone into an autistic whiny retard that literally loses their ability to think rationally and learn from experience. I'm still amazed that people here are mentally deranged enough to think his actions made any sense in the second half.
>>
>>138443341
I don't know. I've gotten pretty upset when I've put my best effort into something only to come up short, then looking around and seeing people putting little to no effort into the same thing and achieving because of natural talent. Granted, I didn't turn into an autistic whiny retard, but I at least think it's understandable to get upset and end up taking out your anger on others, or secretly hoping that they fail. Though I do agree that the anime over exaggerated it, that's what anime often tends to do.
>>
>>138442546
breath
>>
>>138443595
>I've gotten pretty upset when I've put my best effort into something only to come up short
He was literally a stupid kid who woke up one day and said "Hurr durr I wanna make video games!" and then on his first try came within inches of a professional contract. Explain how the fuck that's "coming up short".

>then looking around and seeing people putting little to no effort into the same thing and achieving because of natural talent.
And this leads into the next point. Don't you fucking dare say "Well he failed compared to Mashiro" and put her into that retarded category that you just made up. She didn't put in "little to no effort" and her "natural talent" was the result of trading off any social or interpersonal skills. She spent all of her time from the time she was a kid painting, couldn't do anything else to the point that she couldn't dress herself, and you expect me to take seriously a kid who tries making games for 20 minutes and only almost becomes a pro on his first try? Fuck right off.

>Granted, I didn't turn into an autistic whiny retard, but I at least think it's understandable to get upset and end up taking out your anger on others, or secretly hoping that they fail. Though I do agree that the anime over exaggerated it, that's what anime often tends to do.
The ideas were depicted in a way so far from reality, that only an autistic kid with an inferiority complex could relate to them at all.
>>
>>138442597
I enjoyed AGE's first generation far more than IBO. G-Reco was also infinitely superior to this forced maiden of revolution shit.
>>
>>138443126
Selector was actually quite good though. It was just Spread that was a total shitshow that didn't deliver on anything S1 had been building up to.
>>
>>138443846
>G-Reco was also infinitely superior to this forced maiden of revolution shit.
I can't fucking believe "We'll take a train that our team owns, and the politician should lobby before a vote" were toted up as brilliant ideas. I swear to God the writing staff on IBO is actually retarded.
>>
Based okada.
>>
>>138443723
Yes, the main character was delusional in his thoughts and actions, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who achieved quick success like he did only to get slapped back into reality. Iirc, he did put months into trying to make his game, but yeah that does not compare to Mashiro's years of painting. Though I still stand by the fact that a natural talent does exist there. Also, her inability to dress herself is definitely due to being on the spectrum; it doesn't matter how much of your life you put into something, you should be at least able to dress yourself.

That being said, yes, the anime definitely depicted something far from reality, which is what anime does. I don't watch this shit expecting accurate depictions of reality, but I do believe that it is there buried deep beneath it all.

Not trying to argue that it was written well, because anime rarely is, but I am trying to at least defend that some, including myself, can find it enjoyable, and although we may not relate completely to the main character, we at least don't get angry enough at him to argue over it with strangers calling them autistic.

I get where you're coming from, and do agree with many of your arguments, especially if I was watching something expecting any realism at all, but the fact of the matter is that I, and I'm sure many others, at least found the anime enjoyable.

On topic though, yeah Kiznaiver is gonna be shit. Can't wait.
>>
>>138442597
IBO is barely Gundam lmao
>>
>>138444381
>he main character was delusional in his thoughts and actions
He was several steps beyond that.

>but I'm sure there are plenty of people who achieved quick success like he did only to get slapped back into reality.
I don't think anyone in history ever went through anything as ridiculous and exaggerated as that.

>Though I still stand by the fact that a natural talent does exist there
And? What does that have to do with anything? They can spout shit about talent all they want, but the fact remains that he only put in a fraction of the effort Mashiro did. His whining won't suddenly make me feel bad for him.

>Also, her inability to dress herself is definitely due to being on the spectrum
Yes, that was my point. She didn't consciously make the decision, but lots of smart people "trade" being good at one thing for having a functioning brain. That stereotype exists for a reason. I know a lot of people romanticize being smart like that, but I work in a high level lab and believe me when I say you would not want the complete lack of self awareness or basic life skills these people who can only do one thing well have.

>which is what anime does. I don't watch this shit expecting accurate depictions of reality, but
It's not about depicting reality, it's about being based in real emotions and drawing empathy from the viewer. The situations can be larger than life, but the characters still need to be somewhat relatable. Sakurasou utterly failed at that.

>because anime rarely is
Let's not do this meme where we pretend anime is some inherently low form of media and that the writing is always lacking. There's plenty of shit, but plenty of stuff that does what it sets out to do.

>we at least don't get angry enough at him to argue over it with strangers calling them autistic.
If you can related to an autistic person, then you're probably autistic. Address what I'm saying. If you want to cry about me being mean, go back to plebbit.

>and I'm sure many others,
Ha
>>
>>138442546
>IBO lack of action

>>138442597
>Its the best "real" Gundam show in more than a decade.

Fucking /m/, I don't know who to trust.
>>
Okada is my wife
>>
>>138444779
She's the kind of girl who would cheat on you with your father because needless despair that doesn't make sense gets her off.
>>
Writing anime like housewive drama.

And of course, it sells.
>>
File: what a bitch.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what a bitch.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
Okada >>>> Maeda
>>
>>138442546
I'd cum inside her.
>>
>>138444868
Maeda originals are more successful than Okada ones, tho.
>>
>>138444824
Anon is into cuckoldry.Not the meme ones too.
>>
>>138444712
I think what it all boils down to is that I think that his thoughts and actions, hidden beneath the gross amounts of over exaggeration is an emotion that you can relate to, even without being an autist, whereas you believe that the exaggeration is way too blown up for that to happen. Our opinions differ, and I don't think any amount of further discussion is going to change that.

Though I have seen other Sakurasou threads on here, and it does seem that other people did enjoy it, believe it or not.
>>
IBO is still better than G-reco
>>
>>138445052
>Well that's just my opinion, I don't care if you made your case, I still think you're wrong because feelings
>There's no art to writing, I like eating shit!
Good for you, sport.
>>
>>138444948
And they're far worse
>>
>>138445178
Thats just your opinion. Being most successful is a fact.
>>
>>138445153
I didn't say I thought you were wrong though, I just said that we have different opinions. Taste is subjective my friend.
>>
>>138444868
At least Maeda have other talents other than writing.
>>
>>138445296
>I didn't say I thought you were wrong though
I explained why they're too poorly written to draw empathy, you said "I still empathize." That's a disagreement.

>Taste is subjective my friend.
And standards for art and writing exist. "It's my opinion!" isn't some magical shield that defends you from any criticism, discussion or being called an idiot.
>>
At least she isn't a LN author, the true enemy of anime. I'd rather watch her shows any day.
>>
>>138445517
LNshit has a chance of being funny or cute. Her shows are invariably filled with contrived melodrama and poorly written character dialog.
>>
Okada drama is so fucking bad.
>>
File: brs-poster1.jpg (206 KB, 600x267) Image search: [Google]
brs-poster1.jpg
206 KB, 600x267
>RIP Black Rock Shooter didn't fucking need any of that middle school drama

This a fucking million times this.

Good thing we have the PSP game, right?
>>
>>138444868
It's not that hard to make better original anime than Maeda.
>>
>>138450339
>Good thing we have the PSP game, right?
A shitty story is better than no story at all.

The OVA was the best of both worlds if you ask me. It also had better animation. And better Deadmaster.
>>
I'm personally excited for Mayoiga. That's going to be a 10/10 comedy at Mizushima's hands.
>>
>>138442546
>RIP Sakurasou episode 1, 2, and 8 were the only good ones out of the whole thing. Most of the drama literally when full circle or status quo, fucking pointless.
Episode 7 was the only good one.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.