[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime peaked here... after watching this there is no other anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 18793l.jpg (51 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
18793l.jpg
51 KB, 300x412
Anime peaked here... after watching this there is no other anime worth watching...
>>
Tried watching GITS?
>>
>>138407840
ive tried so hard to watch monster, it just too long, i got to the 50s and just couldnt keep interested
>>
>>138408794
the manga has better pacing
>>
>>138407840
explain your premise, whats sp good about monster that every other anime lacks?
>>
>>138407840
Monster was slow as fuck with an edgelord fanbase that made Death Notes fans look normal

shit anime, shit fans, shit you
>>
>>138408794
the fact that it was slow as fuck and i just didnt feel anything for the characters. thanks i'll try and finish the story through the manga
>>
>>138407840
first few episodes were interesting but it completely sucked in the middle. we get it, orphanage bad
>>
That's not Keit-Ai
>>
>>138408947
no you
>>
>>138407840
i only know one guy who liked it and he read the manga first, so maybe its a requirement
>>
>>138410572
Manga was good and had excellent pacing. Tried doing the anime and in all truth I got bored (also the fact I knew what was going to happen, so the mystery was dead). Read the manga if you're down for a read and have time to kill honestly.
>>
I love the premise and setting, but it just drags on for too long, would have been better at 30-40 eps
>>
has anyone every watched the dub version of this, about 20 episodes in there was an episode where they go full British accents in the middle of German, pretty much killed the show for me
>>
>>138410850
why? it's no worse than the rest of the dub where they speak in American accents
>>
>>138410850
Pretty sure that episode is the one where they hitch a ride with a couple visiting from England.
>>
>>138408794
It was a good weekly show. Some anime are good to binge on, some are good in their original schedule.
>>
>>138408886
He won't be able to. What everyone who like Monster likes it for is the *idea* of a mature, down to earth serious, psychological crime drama anime for serious people like themselves, and in as many way as it can Monster gives of the appearance of being that.

What it actually is isn't all that far off from a weekly shounen in spirit though, right down to the hero who overcomes everything by believing in himself and his core values, episodic lessons of the week and characters who act like they're right out of a soap opera. You can seriously do better if you know where to look.
>>
>>138407840
>i'm a shounenfag who just recently finished his first psychological drama, i'm blown away there can't be a better anime
>>
>>138411519
but MC's core values were constantly being challenged, the whole premise of the show is him going "my virtues and values just fucked over a shit load of people because I rescued a monster".

The exploration of characters fighting their own values and beliefs and growing from those battles is something that not many other anime has.

All the characters change through out the show due to their interaction with story elements and characters, characters like lunge and grimmer both gradually regained their humanity and emotions when their lives intertwined with the MC's.

I just appreciate the fact that the story flows in a way where there are meaningful consequences and reactions to decisions of characters in a believable way, too many anime has this reset button after each arc where all the development gets thrown out the window
and its fulfilling to see the after effects of each arc stick to the MC
>>
>>138407840
Yeah man, but Kaiji aired after this.
>>
>>138407840
>japs speaking czech

You americans got away easy with engrish. But that scene was terrible.
>>
File: CNXgRhVWIAAwLKS.jpg large.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
CNXgRhVWIAAwLKS.jpg large.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
I liked Monster. I don't compare it to other anime. Just different kinds of food. Sometimes I want cookies other times I want donuts. Variety makes the world funner.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-05-21-13h57m04s242.png (367 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-05-21-13h57m04s242.png
367 KB, 640x480
could have been a top ten show for me had it been compressed down to a standard 24 episode format. Too much filler, pacing all over the place, hack writing relying on massive unlikely coincidences every few episodes (there's a rule about only allowing one major coincidence in any story).

I actually just finished watching it a few days ago, but didn't bother starting a thread because I was so disappointed. Felt the same way about 20th Century Boys when I finished reading that years ago,

Urusawa really has a way of coming up with interesting story concepts, writing an opening arc which gets you hooked, and then driving the plot into the dirt and deliving an anti-climatic finale after a long drawn out build-up.

Also, pic related. Why the fuck was he even there? Nobody gave a shit about that dumb bitch who dumped Tenma in the first place. SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU INTRODUCE ANOTHER LOVE INTEREST FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT CHARACTER RIGHT NEAR THE END. Holy fucking shit I raged. All I wanted was to explore Johan's character more, and I had to endure this shit.
>>
>>138411818
>"my virtues and values just fucked over a shit load of people because I rescued a monster"

But he initially had no inkling that his actions would have done that given what he knew at the time now would he? It was basically freak chance and his moral world view had little bearing on the resulting fallout. A great deal of the time there's a fairly clear distinction between what's supposed to be good and bad, just with token motions to deeper moral complexity thrown in but not really explored.

>>138411673
That's pretty much my impression of the more fanatical advocates of Monster.
>>
>>138412049
i mean sure it wasn't absolutely amazing on selling the moral struggles, but comparatively speaking it was done in a way that was interesting and engaging at least to some degree and I appreciate that Monster at least attempted to have more depth albeit the depth being arguably not executed perfectly.
>>
>I watched one Anime show
>It was good and I must tell others about it
>Better refuse to accept that other shows could be popular or excellent as well, that's show 'em how stupid they are and how great my own taste is

best strategy, OP
that'll show us who's boss for sure
>>
File: Finds a Why.jpg (120 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Finds a Why.jpg
120 KB, 960x540
>>138409147
Keit-Why.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.