[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you think of a better example of an anime series trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (934 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
934 KB, 1280x1024
Can you think of a better example of an anime series trying to milk every last drop of cash out of its fan base with a horrible spin off or sequel?
Pic related.
>>
>>138406992
I actually liked the manga, it was fun and opend up Soul Eaters world a bit in a cute way.
>>
>>138406992
Naruto and Dragon Ball.
>>
>>138407289
I hope you're not talking about dragon ball z because that's what came after Dragon Ball. You're talking about GT right?
>>
I wish Soul Eater didn't have such a shitty ending.
>>
Eva was the first to really push it had
>>
>>138407222
Maybe but I'm specifically talking about the horrible anime. I should have clarified that.
>>
>>138407348
You need to be a little more clear. I actually liked end of Eva and think it was a way better ending than the last episode in the series but if you mean the rebuilds I'm totally with you.
>>
>>138406992
Fate
>>
Lupin
Gundam
Yugioh
Digimon
>>
>>138407434
What specifically are you talking about because Carnival Phantasm was amazing and Prisma Ilya is good in its own way although it might have a very specific audience it's not really animated bad and the story is good for what the show is.
>>
>milk
word you use when you don't like a franchise or iteration that you didn't like
>refer to it by name or s2
you either like it or want to see more
Call s3 spice and wolf 'milking' and everyone would think you're mad.

That said the only reason I posted this obvious comment was because I liked NOT alot. It was basically K-on in the soul eater universe and I loved the characters.
>>
>>138407677
Good for you but look at the fight animations and come back and tell me just how much effort they put in when making this show. Obviously I know it has some fans but from a review stand point it's garbage.
>>
>>138407478
I'm not talking about good or bad, but >series trying to milk every last drop of cash out of its fan base
>>
it was pretty clear the guy stopped caring about Soul Eater when he dropped the main manga and then prompted people to keep up with the spinoff
>>
>>138407771
In my opinion looking at the rest of the show I think that they were just rushed near the end and someone mad a bad decision. You have to put effort in to get that one maka animation and they could have just used static cuts.
>>138407817
Can it be called milking if it entertaining? You're implying that the quality is low. It clearly wasn't for carnival phantasm. Maybe compared to the latest brade works adaptation but that was SPECIAL
>>
File: image.gif (1012 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1012 KB, 500x266
>>138407677
>soul eater not
http://abload.de/img/fa11460obkrk.gif
>>
>>138406992
Anno and NGE which was already just Gunbuster fan wanking.
>>
Fate
>>
>>138407968
Generic characters and a generic story on top of a horrible villain with no depth and bad half ass animation. At least in ecchi shows there is the excuse that guys only watch them for the fan service but this show has no such excuse. Soul Eater Not is just a bad anime that anybody without a biased towards Soul Eater would give a 4/10 at best. They didn't try when they made it or the story and they didn't need to anyways because they knew most Soul Eater fans would lap it up anyways. There is not even any romantic elements to the story besides maybe a Quick hand holding moment which can easily be a friend sort of deal. I mean it's like they gave fuck all when making this anime.
>>
>>138407417
Rebuilds. Puts that series in a bad place
>>
>>138407343
>I wish Soul Eater didn't have such a shitty ending

Same. It was one of the best shounen for a long while.
>>
>>138407348
>>138407434
These are pretty bad offenders, especially Fate. The source material sucked to begin with, and the only good thing it's shat out was Fate/Zero due to a bigass budget.

I'd add in Dragonball. The original series was pretty fun, but talk about running a series into the ground for every shekel you can get.
>>
File: notatumblrimage.jpg (101 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
notatumblrimage.jpg
101 KB, 500x281
This fucking nightmare?

Or anything SnK really.
>>
>>138408887
I don't think I've ever been let down as hard as I was by any other anime compared to the rebuilds.
>>
>>138407343
It was a hell of an ending, and I like Chrona's role in it, but it wasn't what I'd call satisfying.
>>
>>138409233
Although Soul Eater Not got me pretty good.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.