[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was she so popular? Watch enough episodes of any of her shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Rumiko Takahashi.jpg (30 KB, 240x345) Image search: [Google]
Rumiko Takahashi.jpg
30 KB, 240x345
How was she so popular? Watch enough episodes of any of her shows and it feels like you're trapped in a never ending time loop!
>>
>>138395095
She's based
>>
Her work was fun and fresh back then.
>>
>>138395761
It still is. Rinne is great, especially coming off the schlock that Inuyasha turned into.
>>
>>138395813
Rinne was pretty fun and I'm looking forward to the second season.

I wish translations for the manga weren't so damn slow, though.
>>
>>138396122
Isn't it Viz doing those?
>>
File: ranma-m_ryoga-000.jpg (64 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
ranma-m_ryoga-000.jpg
64 KB, 400x580
>>138395095
Because despite the reptition, she some how manges to write series with some charm, humor and half-decent action in them.

It's pretty shameful that someone like Ranma has more character to him than what passes off as main characters today. A good majority of them have become so bland, we don't even refer to them by name, we say "MC"
>>
>>138396229
Yes, but they're about eight volumes behind.
>>
>>138396273
Guess someone's going to have to menace Toshi Yoshida in a parking lot or something.
>>
>>138395095
>tfw you will never become her hired fuckboi
>>
>>138396617
> You will never be bullied by her all-female assistants.
>>
Back in the 80s and 90s, we had so little access to anime that stuff like Ranma and Maison Ikkoku were considered the 'lesser known' works. And obsessed over for not being mainstream like Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball.

Now her series are mainstream and forgotten.
>>
>>138397417
Wait, if they are forgotten how come we're talking about them now?
>>
>>138395095
Admit it OP

she makes the best girls
>>
>>138397417
>Now her series are mainstream and forgotten.

All Takahashi works are entry-level-tier though.

Ranma, Urusei yatsura and maison ikkoku should be mandatory watch/read
>>
>>138395095
Read the mangas. She tells story's quick without a lot the the filler you see from other authors.
>>
>>138400649
Urusei and Ranma I agree with. Maison Ikkoku isn't as mandatory, I think
>>
>>138400649
They should be entry tier, but the sheer length of them is enough to put off newbies that can't handle anything over 26 episodes.
>>
>>138401195

But the pacing of Takahashi works makes Ranma and Urusei seem painless.

I never watched Inuyasha because I didn't have cable to watch on Cartoon Network and didn't get into watching seasonal anime until 2006. Did I miss out on something great?
>>
>>138401332
>Did I miss out on something great?
One of the most disgusting and retarded fandoms in US, as I heard.
>>
>>138401332

Not really. It was good for a while but ran into the same repetition issues as Ranma and it's more painful when she's doing that while trying to keep up the pretense of a story with a genuine plot and not just a martial arts comedy.

should I go back and finally watch Final Act?
>>
>>138401332
I think it is, to an extent, one of those "you had to be there" kind of shows. It was marred by pacing problems and there's about 40 episodes of filler.

On the other hand though, the music was great and the anime looked pretty nice for how long it was.
>>
Rinne is awful, she needs to end it and do another action fantasy like inuyasha.
>>
>>138401195
>They should be entry tier, but the sheer length of them is enough to put off newbies that can't handle anything over 26 episodes.
At the very least, Urusei has some good movies.
>>
>>138402145
>>
>>138402236
The only one that's really worth watching if you haven't seen the series is Beautiful Dreamer.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (73 KB, 1046x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
73 KB, 1046x768
Kagome.

Toonami really screwed around showing Inuyasha.
>>
>>138403219
Beautiful Dreamer is worth watching regardless. It's really great.
>>
>>138403617
I know, I was just sayin' that the other movies aren't really good on their own like Beautiful Dreamer is.
>>
>>138395095
I'm wanting to watch Maison Ikkoku, but it's 96 episodes long, so instead I get the manga (9 volumes).
I gonna lost too much?
>>
>>138404220
About the only thing you're losing is the music and voice acting.
>>
>>138404220
>9 volumes
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.