[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whoa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_niru1ssJ1O1r6ja9oo1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niru1ssJ1O1r6ja9oo1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x300
A common misconception is that things get better with time as people build off the achievements of the past and inprove it.

The fact is as new techniques are developed by new technology, old techniques are lost and technology ignored. We simultaneously improve and regress in different ways as time marches ever forward. Stunning achievements of the past remain. Immortal works of art. Adored forever.

In reality, you will have a hard time finding an anime/manga better than Urusei Yatsura.
>>
>>138374077
That very well may be the case when it comes to teen romantic comedies.
>>
>>138374790
It's true across all genre.

Old anime/manga frequently reached heights that will likely never again be reached.

Conversely there are new anime that have achieved in ways old artists would applaud and marvel at.

All eras have undeniable value.
>>
It's sacrificing quality for efficiency. Fuck, even 20 years ago all the high quality electronic goods came from Japan, now everything is cheap China made crap. And yes, Urusei Yatsura is amazing.
>>
>>138375061
But 40 years ago anything that came from Japan was garbage.
>>
File: 1457407274556.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457407274556.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1080
>>138375148
>>
File: yotsubasad.jpg (101 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
yotsubasad.jpg
101 KB, 400x447
>>138374077
Anywhere I look there's only ~40ish episodes of this subbed out if 170+

Did Noone really sub all the rest of the anime? I really wanna watch this
>>
>>138376682
It's complete, famicom. Check kissanime.

that's a joke, but do what you gotta do. Alternatively...

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abakabt.me+yatsura&oq=site%3Abakabt.me+yatsura

First link by LRE
>>
>>138374077
>>138374880
So the whole point of this thread is "there are good old anime, guys"?
>>
>>138376860
Close, it's "whoa, guys, I'm a deep teenager and I just realized art doesn't improve linearly over time, isn't that mindblowing?"

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>138376891
I'm sorry this thread is not to your standards. I'll strive to make one that pierces the rarified air of your intellect next time.

>>
>>138374077
Old animes were probably the same in average quality as today's, but time passed and only the masterpieces remained. In the future all the non-important shows of these years will go forgotten. The industry changed too, from Making a good product to making a catchy product.

I mean gunbuster from todays standards would look boring and generic. Nothing important happens for half the show, most people would've dropped it already. this formula doesnt work anymore and producers race to make and impact that makes people watch their show instead of others
>>
>>138377262
I have to disagree. There is still a fanbase that respects the craft. I can see Gunbuster selling today.

Of course it might be a 15 min short series these days rather than an OVA, so I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>138374077
>
The fact is as new techniques are developed by new technology, old techniques are lost and technology ignored. We simultaneously improve and regress in different ways as time marches ever forward. Stunning achievements of the past remain. Immortal works of art. Adored forever.
No shit. This is obvious with any medium.

>In reality, you will have a hard time finding an anime/manga better than Urusei Yatsura.
I don't really like Urusei Yatsura
>>
>>138374077
TV anime has clearly gotten better since the mid 90s. More original anime, more consistent script writing, influences brought from live-action, independent animation or other media binging in more variety, higher budgets which lead to better quality art and animation, more variety in terms of demographic targets. Only drawback it had was with its harsh transition to digital but that mainly influenced coloring, not the other aspects. Plus they dealt with it in a matter of 4-5 years.
>>
>>138377382
>No shit. This is obvious
Is it? What happened here then >>138377418? Why can't this guy see it?
>>
File: reported.jpg (11 KB, 131x225) Image search: [Google]
reported.jpg
11 KB, 131x225
>>138374077
Spot the shitposting crossie newfag who watched 5 episodes of Urusei Yatsura and thinks he's hot shit.
That, and
>tumblr

Fuck off.
>>
>>138374077
>Tumblr filename
>>138377262
>animes
>>
>>138374077
>tumblr
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NORMIES GET OUT
>>
>>138377482
How is his post wrong?
The quality of the average TV anime has absolutely improved compared to the 70's or 80's. That doesn't mean standout works from those eras don't exist or that everything we're doing now is objectively better than the past.

All OP's post amounted to was "GUYS! SOME OF THESE OLD SHOWS HELD UP AND ARE PRETTY GOOD!"
>>
>>138377599
He never said average
>>
>>138377262
>Nothing important happens for half the show, most people would've dropped it already.
It's called story. I'm sorry that everyone with autism have zero attentionspan and ignore characters/worldbuilding for the sake of pretty lights and pictures. This is why 90% of all animefans are idiots.
>>
But Code Geass is the best anime ever made, and that isn't that old yet.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.