[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit i shouldnt have listened to you i asked yesterday if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: Restrained_Unit_01.png (305 KB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
Restrained_Unit_01.png
305 KB, 630x480
holy shit i shouldnt have listened to you
i asked yesterday if i should watch the movie instead of the series and you said its a classic go watch, its only 26 episodes

well fuck you i got to this episode and my god its such inane gibberish and there was already a fucking episode with half of it being a clip show of previous enemy deaths and now its like 20 minutes of this bullshit

holy shit, it doesnt get better does it, it gets worse
>>
>>138353879
Evangelion is fucking garbage. Should have waited for 4.0 and watched the reboot.
>>
>>138353879
>movie instead of the series
You should watch both. In release order. I'm serious

And of course it gets better in the movie and last 2 episodes, those are the REALLY fucked up ones
>>
>>138354325
>reboot
nice meme
>>
>>138353879
>and there was already a fucking episode with half of it being a clip show of previous enemy deaths
the concept of "recap episode" is unfamiliar to you?
>>
>>138353879
Yup.
>>
Nobody who likes evangelion is going to have the patience to respond to you after years and years of discussing the show. You will only get replies affirming your opinions.
>>
>>138354517
yes i know what a clip show is
its a big waste of my fucking time

this show is shit, it had a good premise and like, there is no character growth, nothing's changed, just a very slow drip of convoluted plot being dispersed and overly dramatic bullshit along the way

im 20 episodes in and every character is exactly the same as the first episode, the entire thing is 26 episodes, this whole series is shit
>>
>>138353879
Drop it, and leave /a/ while you're at it.
>>
File: 1435290149876.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1435290149876.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>138353879
>i asked yesterday if i should watch the movie instead of the series
Why do people do this? Why can't people just watch things in release order since that's how it was written and made. It's like the idiots who ask if they should play Metal Gear Solid 3 first.
>>
The last two episodes make way more sense if you understand psychology and philosophy; also the movie is a concurrent ending which helps a great deal as well.
>>
File: Asukasip16.png (277 KB, 699x537) Image search: [Google]
Asukasip16.png
277 KB, 699x537
>>138354748
Guess you've got brain problems.
>>
>>138353879
>only 26 episodes
>only
Hello, newfag. Was this your first anime that ran for less than five years?
>>
>>138353879
The second half of the recap episode that wasn't a recap was when it started to get better. I hope you weren't an idiot and didn't just jump to the next one, since it's pretty damn important.
>>
The thing is a 10/10 and a visual and narrative masterpiece anon. Slow and convoluted are elements that make it good among other things. Drama as well. The characters haven't de facto changed, but that's not the point. It's more so that more has been revealed about them, we get more and more of a look into their psyche. The way those visualized streams of consciousness contrast some of our pre-established notions about the characters was amazing.

You're basically complaining about your food being too tasty, get a grip.
>>
>>138353879
I remember your thread from yesterday. You seemed like an idiot forcing yourself to watch it rather than out of interest for the series. You were never going to like it, you've given yourself expectations that would never be fulfilled and are watching solely to confirm your bias that it isn't "good". Just the fact you think the first half is better than the second shows you completely missed the appeal of Evangelion.

Stick to whatever shonen you were watching before.
>>
File: asuka.gif (31 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
asuka.gif
31 KB, 250x350
>>138353879
>>
That's not what episode 20 is. MC's confronted with his cognitive dissonances and repressed memories, there are bombs dropped in there about his perspective and the background as it was presumed up to this point.
>>
>>138354748
You are either retarded or baiting
>>
>>138353879
At least it doesn't have two clip show episodes in a row like Gundam Wing.
>>
File: 02579597.jpg (49 KB, 400x492) Image search: [Google]
02579597.jpg
49 KB, 400x492
>>138353879
Evangelion is just Anno's Devilman fanfic that he came up with in high school.
>>
File: 1377026168470.png (153 KB, 344x348) Image search: [Google]
1377026168470.png
153 KB, 344x348
>>138354433

Still gotta try watching those with some lsd or something like it, so I may be able to better comprehend it.
>>
>>138354852
most good anime series have been refined into single session movies that cut out all the bullshit filler and shit like that clip episode

im finding thats the best way to digest anime, esp when , im sitting here at episode 22 and literally 2-3 minutes of the anime is just sitting on a single frame of art with nothing but the elevator sound going on

its not depth, its just filler, its not substance, because theres no reason or purpose for it

and claims like >>138355282
>the characters havent changed in 26 episodes
>thats not the point!
>you're claiming food is too tasty!
no i'm complaining the entire premise of this anime is nothing but exposition , from the first episode until now there has been no progress made,and at episode 22 they spent the last 2 episodes doing nothing but backstory and meaningless dialog of 1 character expressing 1 feeling for the entire episode with no resolution or progress made since the beginning
>their psyche!
you mean the highschool drama love triangle then muh feelings and muh mommy daddy issues?
from every experience with the eva the characters have not learned or improved or anything, its just a 1 off thing everytime and some gimmick attached to it

>>138355305
nah im forcing myself to watch what is considered the best anime and in the thread yesterday i said the first 3 episodes were great and asked if it would be better to watch the movie instead of sitting through 20 episodes of filler
>you were never going to like it
like i said earlier i did enjoy the first couple episodes and the premise was great, but it never went anywhere with it, its still meandering 22 episodes in out of 26

i appreciate good anime, and this just isn't a good anime. even the animation quality is lazy and cheap sitting on single frames for long periods of time and that boring trite that was episode 20 just repeating the same frame of animation over and over, and now on episode 22, and previous episode which is literally 10-12 min clip show
>>
>>138357265
>most good anime series have been refined into single session movies
What's it like being retarded?
>>
>>138357265
>because theres no reason or purpose for it
There is though. It's called "building tension."
>>
>>138354748
Are you actually retarded? Not paying attention and then blaming the show isn't a valid point in arguing that it's bad.
>>
>>138357357
>i cant retort so ill call you retarded
ya ad hominem really works when youre 12
>>138357391
you're being apologetic to bad writing
creating tension does not take 25 minutes,
this whole thing is like an overdramatic teen drama with a giant gimmick
>>
>>138357475
>2deep4u!
i watched the whole episode
dont try to deny the first like 12 minutes were nothing but clips of previous episodes
>>
>>138357522
>Complain about ad hom
>Use ad hom
Your statement is plain retarded and wrong. If you truly believe what you said to be true, then you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>138357562
I literally watched this show when I was 14 and I understood everything that happened. It's not "deep", there's just more symbolism and meaning than in most action/drama anime.

Also complaining about a recap episode makes it painfully obvious that you're new to anime and probably 4chan in general.
>>
>>138353879
So what you're saying is, you're a fucking pleb?

Jesus if you were such a retard, maybe this series isn't for you.
>>
>>138357522
You were referring specifically to the held cuts and I'm telling you why they were done.
As to the rest of 22, its basically just telling you why Asuka is the way she is. Its her most important episode in the show. I don't know how you can say it's just "filler."
Also you should use some capitalization, it makes your posts less painful to read.
>>
Haha holy shit you really triggered /a/these faggots love this show. They're just as autistic about evangelion as any twelve year old is about naruto
>>
>>138357624
>further ad hominem
i never claimed i dont understand
>>138357760
no fucking shit, the episode is nothing but her bitching and moaning for 20 minutes, ontop of boring exposition about muh mommy issues

you people saying 2deep4u, im saying its not difficult to understand, and its not deep. its just boring exposition that goes nowhere, and im lead to believe that the show doesn't actually go anywhere with the premise or plot, and the ending that everyone was so confused about is just a boring solution pulled out of their ass rather than an actual solution derived from character progress and struggle

like not one single episode is about a character struggling, its just overdramatic exposition
>>
>>138357898
>Some idiot insults something you like with some uncapitalized bullshit arguments
>Haha look at these triggered faggots who actually CARE about things who does that haha autist
>>
>>138357969
>like not one single episode is about a character struggling
You keep saying these things that make it clear you're absolutely retarded. It's not ad hom when you're presenting us all the proof anyone could ever need to diagnose your retardation.
>>
>>138357969
The show is mostly a character piece and analysis. The plot is just a backdrop for these people's struggles with life mostly, Shinji in particular.

Stop being a retard. "Waahh why isn't it all action and super cool fights" "What's this character drama!? Pfff I don't want to learn about the characters!"
>>
>>138357969
You are wrong. Especially about the conclusion.
Also, why do you find Asuka's plight so unbearable?
>>
>>138354748
The show is extremely overhyped, especially since it's basically just a show about kids fighting big monsters while driving big mechs, but lack of character development is something the show doesn't suffer from. It's one of the better series in that respect.
>>
>>138357969
>i never claimed i dont understand
>well fuck you i got to this episode and my god its such inane gibberish
>just a very slow drip of convoluted plot being dispersed and overly dramatic bullshit along the way
>2deep4u!
GUYS I DIDN'T EXPLICITLY SAY I DON'T UNDERSTAND SO YOU CAN'T IMPLY THAT'S WHAT I MEANT
>>
>asking /a/ what you should do

that was your first mistake, the second was listening to what you were told.
>>
>>138357969
I'll bite. So what do you like in anime? More specifically, what would you consider examples of "good" anime based on your standards?
>>
>>138358101
has nothing to do with action kid, its not a struggle, not one character has struggled, they are all very flat boring characters who have not improved since the first episode, no one has grown , matured, or improved at all, thats my complaint, and you ad hom with "wah its not action" im saying theres fucking nothing, its been nothing but 22 episodes of exposition at a slow drip rate, ya keep explaining the fucking premise without actually going anywhere with it,

>>138358105
because its an overdramatic teen drama with 1 dimensional characters, with the character herself before this episode has been nothing but a boring gimmicky comic relief to ease tension between the actual 2 main characters

>>138358124
are you going to try to imply sitting there with 2 minutes staring at a elevator scene with nothing being said is 2deep4me? and that whole metaphysical bullshit when he turned to goo is 2deep4me because they replayed the same animation over and over for like 5-10 minutes

get fucking real

>>138358218
cow boy bebop
.hack//sign
serial experiments lain
even FMA with its massive exposition still managed to progress a fucking plot

whereas in this anime, they havent done shit in terms of progressing a plot since the first episode

and i'd say death note is even more substantial than this, because it establishes a premise and takes it to its limits, even with some episodes being nothing more than DBZ styled staring at people's faces for 10 minutes at a time and recapping every 5 minutes, is still better than this shit
>>
>>138358848
The elevator scene is:

1) Used to build tension, It's like you're awkward and uncomfortable with someone and watching that scene you just feel more and more awkward until the tension bursts. It's even better with Asuka's little sniff's and stuff.

2) Budget got cut somewhat due to the violence
>>
>>138358848
God, newfag Cowboy Bebop fans are the absolute worst
>>
>>138358848
>they are all very flat boring characters who have not improved since the first episode, no one has grown , matured, or improved at all
That's not true at all though. Remember how all though the first arc Shinji would agonize over getting into Eva? He stops doing that entirely. You know how Asuka initially treats Shinji with utter contempt, but eventually comes to respect and care for him? Of course they all fall back down after that, that's part of the point, but to say there has been no progression is patently false.
>>
>>138358848
I disagree with you on mostly everything and think your patronizing, bloviating attitude is extremely irritating, but thanks for answering my question!
>>
>>138353879
2deep
>>
>>138358006
He said he didn't like it, and his criticisms were valid, unlike many of the things /a/ has said in the past about things they don't like. Yet everyones reaction was to get anally devastated and tell him it was 2deep4u

I like eva, but it has glaring flaws, which you guys refuse to admit
>>
>>138359582
What are those glaring flaws? I'll tell you for sure that they aren't what OP laid out.
>>
>>138359582
Eva has glaring flaws but a lot of what he's criticizing is what's typically regarded as high points of the series. Take episode 22, for example.

Also, Evangelion isn't about objectively fulfilling the standards for typical narrative (he keeps complaining about the lack of character development and a few of his other points suggest he's essentially using the fucking monomyth theory as a guide on a good story) which is something he seems to miss completely. The flaws make Evangelion.
>>
>2DEEP4ME

go read some books, kid

*flips cape while doing a 360*
>>
>>138353879
Giant alien space mummy
>>
>>138353879
>Trusting /a/

It's your own fault. You can only blame yourself.
Now go and die somewhere dark and cold.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.