[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats \a\'s thoughts on Parasyte? I thought it was fantastic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Whats \a\'s thoughts on Parasyte? I thought it was fantastic.
>>
>>138322262
Manga was better, and some of the anime designs were awful.
>>
Thought it was better than most of the generic 12 epsiode garbage that gets spit out these days. Wish there were more like this. There are very few anime that handle character development as well as this show did.
>>
>>138322262
When all of his high school classmates were questioning his sudden change in personality, why didn't he just say his mom was recently murdered.

Everyone already knew about the parasites by that point, and it wouldn't be strange to think the sudden loss of family member would have impact on a person't state of mind.
>>
It was pretty good not the best When were introduce to goto the series gets more intense
and it gives good message Who is the real monster Parasyte or human
>>
Was ok but fell off.

"ARE YOU SHINICHI?" 10x an episode which got annoying.

Asked good questions about if what makes humans different than animals, if we really are that different, and about existentialism but never got too deep into it to make it interesting,

7/10
>>
File: CV-qDsNWEAIMtHY[1].jpg (35 KB, 599x729) Image search: [Google]
CV-qDsNWEAIMtHY[1].jpg
35 KB, 599x729
>>138322262
>>
>>138322262
>\a\
>>
>>138322262
>fantastic
Watch more anime
>>
Just started watching it today and got through 14 episodes. Really enjoying it so far, probably going to finish it in the next few days. Really feels like something from the 90's, in a good way.
>>
>>138322575
eat a cock
>>
I really liked bow they moved story to present years while keeping storyline.
Also OST is high tier. I like to listen to wubwubz while drawing or running...
>>
>>138322262
Meh
>>
Good fun for the most part. 3 stars out of 5.
>>
>>138322262
This show went in the shitter at some time during the police raid.
>>
File: roses.jpg (88 KB, 960x921) Image search: [Google]
roses.jpg
88 KB, 960x921
>>138322457
>>
>>138322585
>Really feels like something from the 90's, in a good way.
Because it is, the source material was serialized from 1988 to 2005.
>>
>>138324399
I know, I just mean they retained it well. It never felt like they made changes to make things appeal more to current conventions.
>>
It went downhill after Kana died[\spoiler]
>>
>>138324535
They fucked up by moving the show to our era. Tis story makes no sense with cell phones and cameras everywhere.
>>
>>138324535
>It never felt like they made changes to make things appeal more to current conventions.
Did you miss episode 1 grabby hands?
>>
>>138322262
most of its music was copied or mashed up copies of popular songs on the Internet
>>
>>138322262
why is the protagonist wearing glasses?
i mean, in the original manga he doesn't start out like that, does he?
>>
>>138322262

Tamura best mum, aside from the part she killed the mother of her host
>>
>>138322457
Melodrama bits are anime-only.
>muh omnipandering
It's still an awesome adaptation. Nobody really needs the exact same thing twice, So in the end I get two good products for the price of one.
>>
File: iroha witnessed.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
iroha witnessed.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>138322262

First half was good, second half was shit. Especially the "save the environment" shit at the very end.
>>
Parasyte was pretty damn good. Actual fucking character development, not afraid to fucking kill people off if they're retarded, etc.
>>
Pretty solid overall, not the worst wubstep, skip the last episode
>>
>Author goes from attack of the body snatchers to historical manga
What a shift.
>>
>>138322406
This pissed me off so much. Murano even asks Tamura is she's his mom before she fights the 3 rogue parasytes. She would've been ok with thinking he was simply grieving losing his mom while Shinichi could have free reign to act like he did without thinking too hard about "Are you the real Shinichi???"
>>
>>138322262
Manga was better.
The anime takes place almost 30 years later and they did not change the plot to reflect this.

For example the attack at the school in present day would have had plenty of security footage.

Everyone these days has a cell phone to make calls or record shit unlike in the late 1980s.
>>
>>138322457
>but never got too deep into it to make it interesting,
From what I could gather it was mostly about environmentalism rather than existentialism.
>>
>>138325564
She evolved those maternal instincts later on. She only killed the real Reiko's mom because she could tell it wasn't Reiko.
>>
If the series starts with Shinichi in grade 12, how does Tamura get infected, get pregnant, and have her baby before the school year's over?
>>
>>138322262
Better than anything in the last year at least.
>>
>>138322262
I enjoyed it, but if I read the manga first I probably would have been dissapointed
>>
>>138328586
Historie adaptation when
>>
>>138328705
>anime is current day
>nips still use flip phones
>>
I knew the premise, and I caught my brother watching the dub a while back. It was the episode where his mom got taken over. Because of those few minutes, I basically assumed the whole show was going to be edgey shit.

Like, "Woe is me, everyone I love is being killed and replaced, now I probably have to kill them again, I can't stop the aliens and no one will ever believe me" for the whole show.

Is it better than that? How long does it take for other characters to become aware and fight back usefully?
>>
>>138329623
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2886532/japans-curious-love-for-oldschool-flipphones-continues.html
>>
>>138329613
I dropped that when he gave Alexander an alterego.
>>
>>138329638
It's not edgy, its more philosophical, and no, not at all in an edgy way.
>>
>>138329638
>I caught my brother watching the dub
REEEE BURN THE HEATHEN HISSSS

That episode was quite sad really.
>>
>>138329708
I don't know what I exactly expected and I am still confused. I mean I assumed there was like some affordable cellphone act or some BS along that lines, not just that it is fashionable
>>
>>138322593
I'm a vegetarian
>>
>>138322262
>\a\
>it was fantastic
LURK MORE
>>
Better than the average shit that's churned out, but not great. The only good characters were Shinichi and Migi and I never really felt like I got sucked into an intriguing plot.
>>
>>138329638
it's not like that
watch it and come to your own decision
>>
>>138329740
You think you're so smart that you could sneak one by us huh, dumb frogposter?
>>
>>138329852
That was my attempt to imitate one of them. I don't know how autistic they truly are but I know they like to type REEE a lot. I don't mind the dub to this one, some of the voices work well with the characters.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.