[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sports anime is the best genre of anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1443997604479.png (512 KB, 496x707) Image search: [Google]
1443997604479.png
512 KB, 496x707
I firmly believe this because, in most anime, the plot is meandering and pointless(aka shit) however in sports anime the plot is basically defined and there from the start(win the championship/beat rival or something) and all that really distinguishes it from other sports anime is the EXECUTION which anime tends to do fairly well.

Sports anime is anime at it's best. It doesn't try to have a 'deep' convoluted storyline or some shitty shoehorned themes. It just does what it needs to do with no bullshit added on top.

Are other genres even trying?
>>
>Sports anime is the best genre of anime
Not when shit like Prince of Tennis and Kuroko Basket exists.
>>
>>138302539
I haven't watched prince of tennis but I have watched Kuroko no Basuke. It was pretty decent throughout the 3 seasons if you can stand the superpower bullshit.

Anyway, sports anime has a much better signal:noise ratio than other genres. Most sports anime tend to be solid and enjoyable while most Harems tend to just be the same trash over and over again.
>>
>>138302407
Hibike best sports anime
>>
>>138302407
Name 3 half-decent sports anime other than Ippo
>>
>>138302804
>Haikyuu
>Diamond no Ace
>Major
>>
>>138302804
Slam dunk, eyeshield 21(the manga), jackie chan
>>
I agree op. sports anime can have comedy, drama, romance, and action, all while being nonviolent. truly the best genre.
>>
File: 1290021705220.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1290021705220.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>138302804
Akagi
Chihayafuru
Giant Killing
>>
I think the issue with sports anime is that you really want movement and animation. But instead you have long ass inner monologues and stand still, face close ups and you lose all sense of time, and eventually just feel like you should be reading the manga instead.
>>
>>138303042
Yeah I think this too but honestly, that's more of a problem with anime studios and anime in general. At least the important sequences tend to get nice animation like the last match in Haikyuu S1 and in the last few episodes of Haikyuu S2 happening now.
>>
>>138302987
It's too sad that there's rarely more than 1 or 2 sports anime airing per season when it's such a solid genre.
>>
>>138302804
ippo isn't even decent
the first ~26 episodes and the latest season are about the only good parts of it
the rest is just nonsense, especially when they add that retarded "BLOOD BOILING" nen-like thing for like 5 episodes
>>
>>138302990
>Chihayafuru
Is this actually good? I've seen it get mentioned a few times over the years but I've never given it a chance.
>>
File: gnargh.png (108 KB, 319x367) Image search: [Google]
gnargh.png
108 KB, 319x367
>mfw Japanese mangakas don't know the greatness of high school football
>>
>>138303318
very good, not very good if you're an OTPfag
>>
>>138303369
Ah, okay. I seem to have written it off at a just a shoujo but it seems ,from it's MAL page, that it's pretty focused on the sport.
>>
>>138303369
The OTP is Chihaya x Karuta; the boys are just there for the audience.
>>
>>138303449
it's josei you pleb
>>
>>138302407
> in most anime, the plot is meandering and pointless(aka shit) however in sports anime the plot is basically defined and there from the start(win the championship/beat rival or something)
>implying that having a single goal is a good plot
>implying no other anime have a goal they're working towards
Do you even into media, anon? Having a "goal" is just a basic direction for a story, it's not a plot. In fact, sports anime are relatively plotless as far as anime goes. It's basically "our team want to win the championship because of [insert short backstory about old rivalry or being an underdog]. They're about as plotty as your average hentai anime.
>set up basic premise
>lots of pandering (fujo shit and cool dramatic sports moves)
>lather, rinse, repeat.

>>138302918
>>Haikyuu
Haikyuu is just fujo pandering though, basically nothing happened for the entire first season.
>>
I like sports anime, but calling it the best genre is rather farfetched. A lot of it is just formulaic stuff with stock archetypes.
>>
>>138302804
tsuritama
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.